Shot Three| Leibesleid

Spring Gates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shot Three| Leibesleid

 

Keys pressed, the music filled the room. Eunji was momentarily lost in the music, the notes seems to float around the room as she played the piece that reminds her of someone… someone she had loved so dearly.

Rachmaninoff’s Leibesleid… Love’s Sorrow…

“The music… every note of it, until the very last of it… was you carried in my heart.”

That sweet and loving voice that told me everything was gonna be alright. Those lies you fed me until the very last moment you were there….

“No one will ever fall in love with me…” I whispered in the air, staring blankly at you as you started pressing the keys, the same notes I wake up with every morning…

“Who are you kidding, Eunji? Someone will… I will…”

Slowly, the notes started disappearing. I can no longer hear the notes. The once brightly lit room dimmed in an instant…

“You gave me a forever within that number of days, Eunji…thank you”

 She promised me a lie… a forever that ended except my loyal heart.

“Eunji!!!!” Namjoo’s scream filled the room; the sight of her best friend collapsing greeted her as she opened the door.

Before everything turned black, the young brunette was able to whisper one name. One name…

“Chorong…” can I play the piano once again…?

 

“Ahhh, it’s been three weeks and I’m still not done with the program! I’m getting crazy!” Naeun whined as she faced the computer screen, turning it off as her day in worked finished.

“If you were gonna complain, why did you do take up Computer Programming then?” Seulgi, her co-worker, asked in a sly tone. “You came from a rich family anyway; you don’t even need to work hard.”

“Working for yourself is better than being a total spoiled brat, Seul… Besides, I’m an independent woman.”

“Whatever~ anyway, up for dinner? I’m eating with a friend tonight and it would be nice if you’ll come with us.”

“Nah, I decline. I’m… meeting someone tonight.”

“Who? Oh Hayoung?”

“H-how did you know?!”

“Oh, I think I heard her ask you out for dinner. Didn’t expect you to say yes though…”

Naeun was confused.

“Why would you think so…?”

All of a sudden, a classical music started playing in the company’s radio. Along with it was a smile coming from Seulgi’s face.

“I just noticed it… every time you hear a classical music… every time you look outside the window… it looks like you were waiting for someone. It was the eyes of someone in love, way before you even met Miss Oh Hayoung in this company.”

Naeun held back the words she was dying to say out loud. She still loves someone else.

“I’ll go ahead first, Naeun-ah. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Naeun nodded her head, saying good bye to her co-worker b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter