Thrills

Lace and Deceit

Minki arrived about an hour later, holding onto a very big grocery bag. It was nice and all, but it did prevent him from pulling Jonghyun into a hug, which was somewhat disappointing to both of them. 

"Hey.." He said softly, his lips curving into a genuine, affectionate smile. "At least you look good..” 

"Yeah, um, I feel even better now that you’re here." Oh. Jonghyun wanted to punch himself in the face for saying such a cliché thing. But oh well, it was the truth.

"Ah.." Minki’s smile grew wider, and Jonghyun could’ve sworn he detected a faint blush. "I brought you some food." Minki held up the bag, covering his face. "But I wasn’t sure what you liked, so I just.. I brought a few things that I think you’re going to like. And I even got you some exciting desserts!" When saying 'exciting desserts', Minki moved the bag to the side for just a moment to shoot Jonghyun a mischievous grin. 

"That’s so sweet of you. Thank you." Curious to find out more about those said, exciting desserts, Jonghyun reached out to take the bag, but Minki insisted he’d carry it to the kitchen. Jonghyun was sick and in need of care after all. 

 

"Look." Minki said while beginning to empty the bag on the kitchen counter, but Jonghyun wasn’t looking. His thoughts had once began to wander off and all he could think of, for whatever reason, was their first kiss. Every little detail replayed in his mind, making him forget about everything else. 

"So?" Minki suddenly asked, almost startling him by brutally interrupting his pleasant thoughts. 

"Hm?" 

"Do you like the stuff I brought you?" Minki asked with a skeptical frown, wondering what was up with this idiot. 

"Oh! Yes. Yes, I do." Jonghyun nodded rapidly, a bit embarrassed by the fact that his daydreaming had caused him to miss an entire food introduction. 

"Good! Because I was thinking that if we combine the..." Minki didn’t finish speaking because Jonghyun, who apparently couldn’t take much more, was suddenly very close to him. "Oh.. So now you want to?" He blinked, feeling Jonghyun place his hands on either side of his waist to pull him towards him. 

"I’ve always wanted to. I was just trying to be professional." 

"You are, generally. But I’m just so irresistible. It’s not your fault that you wanna do me." Minki sighed to contain more grinning and slowly turned to face Jonghyun, who didn’t bother to move. The tension in the room grew significantly now that they were making eye contact with their bodies still pressed together. 

"It’s so strange.." Minki whispered, tilting his head to the side while not taking his eyes off Jonghyun. "Even though we’ve only been partners for a few days, I feel like I’ve known you for ages already."

Jonghyun nodded in response, despite disagreeing in a way. Minki was completely incomprehensible to him. But yes, the general unexplainable familiarity was definitely there. 

Jonghyun leaned in and kissed him, softly and almost carefully, as if trying desperately not to accidentally damage or break him. 

Minki responded by placing his hand to the back of Jonghyun’s head, tangling his fingers in his hair as he closed his eyes and gave in to the kiss. 

Everything was perfect for a moment that seemed endless until it was put to an end by Minki’s ringing phone. 

"Don’t answer it." Jonghyun whispered when he was forced to pull away because Minki was reaching for it. 

"I should at least check who it is. It could be my mother." There was just the slightest pause before the words ‘my mother’ left Minki’s mouth. Anyone who wasn’t Jonghyun wouldn’t have noticed it. But well, Jonghyun was Jonghyun. And Jonghyun also noticed that Minki’s face turned sour for only a split second when he read whatever name was on the screen. 

"I should take this." Minki sighed. "If you’ll excuse me." 

Jonghyun didn’t want to, but stepped out of the way anyway, while cursing mobile phones and all other pesky technology to Hell. 

"I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere." Minki winked, then stepped into the hall to take the call. 

Jonghyun waited for a moment. But then he accidentally found himself taking a few steps closer to the door. 

"No!" He heard Minki say. "I can’t right now, I’m busy." He added, and Jonghyun nodded to himself because they were very busy indeed.

"You can’t mean that." Minki whined. "I’ve waited for this, we both have."

What was that supposed to mean? Jonghyun thought to himself. Was that about him?

"Ok, fine! I’ll be right there." After saying that, Minki groaned, which led Jonghyun to believe that he’d hung up the phone already. So, he hurried back and leaned against the counter, waiting for Minki to come back.

"I’m sorry. I have to go." Minki was genuinely sorry, Jonghyun could tell that he at least wasn’t lying about that. "That was my sister-in-law. My brother has been in an accident." Jonghyun couldn’t immediately tell he was lying about that. Maybe he’d practiced it a few times when still in the hall. 

"Oh, that’s horrible. I’ll come with you.” 

"No, no." Minki rapidly shook his head. "The last thing he wants to see is some guy he doesn’t know. He doesn’t like strangers." 

"I can wait in the hall." Jonghyun suggested, but Minki shook his head again. 

"No. It’s ok. You’re the cutest." Smiling sweetly, Minki walked up to Jonghyun to gently kiss his cheek. 

"At least let me you back to your car." Jonghyun insisted, and Minki nodded in response.

 

----

 

"This is insane." Jonghyun mumbled. About twenty minutes later, he was in his car, following behind Minki. He didn’t even get to put his shoes on. He had his priorities straight.
"This is insane." He repeated, tightening his grip around the steering wheel and feeling the sweat form. Even though he genuinely thought this was crazy, he just wanted to see if Minki was actually going to a hospital.. or even a doctor, but no, it didn’t seem like it.

Jonghyun followed him all the way to what seemed like his house. Minki’s guard was down completely when he got out of the car, given the fact he had no idea Jonghyun had been following him. He entered a building on the other side of the road, and left Jonghyun to wait in agony. He was inside for about ten minutes or so, then came back, wearing different clothing and holding a bag. 

Jonghyun came to the conclusion that that had to be his house. He’d changed his clothes there and even fetched some... whatever was in that bag. It couldn’t have been of much importance because Minki just tossed it in the trunk and was done with it. Jonghyun couldn't stop watching. What the Hell was he doing? A woman Minki apparently knew passed him and he greeted her, smiling, faintly waving his hand. Minki was so effortlessly beautiful, and everything he did was cute. Jonghyun couldn’t be blamed for taking an interest in him, now could he? Hm. Minki still didn’t sense that someone was watching him and went about his business, getting back into the car and driving away with his stalker still behind him. Jonghyun had to face the facts. What he was doing was probably considered stalking by a great number of people.

Jonghyun fully realized that luck was on his side for once when it began to rain, the weather gave him cover and that was just what he needed.

The rain got worse. Jonghyun almost missed the moment Minki pulled up in front of a different building. He stayed in his car for a few minutes, probably not too excited to get wet. Jonghyun was about to turn around because this was insane anyway, until Minki finally got out of the car, grabbed the mysterious bag and sprinted towards one of the houses. Minki knocked on the door, and both he and Jonghyun waited anxiously. 

A few seconds later, a very large intimidating man opened the door. He attempted to greet Minki by hugging him, but Minki wasn’t in the mood, shaking his head before turning it away. Could that have been his brother? Looking all dandy in a fancy suit after being hurt just moments earlier? It didn’t add up. Besides, Minki said he was from Busan and was shady about the reason behind coming to Seoul. Why would he have moved here with his brother? It wasn’t entirely impossible, of course. But it would be a bit strange if Minki did come here for professional reasons.. Sighing once Minki had finally disappeared out of side, Jonghyun grabbed his phone and sent a text to good old, not scary and mysterious Minhyun. 

Found anything yet?’