Discovery

Lace and Deceit

Jonghyun quickly put some clothes on, deciding that he would shower after dinner. Rushing to the living room, he grabbed his phone and ordered Minki and himself some of those nice noodles. And once that was taken care of, he went to look for... Well, he still had no idea what he was looking for. As always, he hoped he wasn’t going to find anything too suspicious. He still hoped he’d been worrying for no reason. 

First things first. Jonghyun looked around to see if Minki had any security cameras installed. It didn’t seem like it. There were none in sight. At least, none were put up in the usual places, but there was still a chance that they were there. Jonghyun had to be cautious, maybe even put up a little show. 

He walked up to the table, and flicked through the pages of the magazines on it, pretending he was looking for some form of entertainment. Gosh. He felt sort of dumb again, but whatever. 

Then, he walked up to a cabinet and put a finger to his lips. “Fascinating!” He loudly called out. “My mother used to have one of these!” This was crazy, but he had to keep it up. “Why am I talking to myself?” Good. “Guess I”m just bored without Minki here.” Perfect. 

In the background, Jonghyun heard the sound of a blowdryer, and knew he had to hurry up as much as he could. 

Jonghyun kneeled down beside the cabinet and stared at it some more. “Wow!” He almost wanted to start laughing at his own stupidity. But anyway, he slowly opened one of the drawers and looked inside, brushing his fingers over the wood at first so that it seemed like he was inspecting it. Gosh. He was beginning to hope there were cameras. It would’ve been so sad if this had been for nothing. 

The drawer held a few pens, and nothing else. Useless! Heaving a sigh, Jonghyun opened the next one. This one held a few make-up items. Jonghyun didn’t know how to describe them, for he didn’t know much about make-up. Still useless. He closed it again, and moved on to the next.

The third and final drawer held a notebook. That could’ve been interesting. But before Jonghyun could reach for it, Minki showed up out of nowhere. 

“What are you doing?”

“Oh!” Jonghyun closed the drawer with a bang, standing up. “I was just- I’m thirsty- I was gonna get some water but I need a glass-“

“I keep those in the kitchen, silly.” Minki offered Jonghyun the classic ‘are you retarded?’ shrug. Though, he didn’t seem to think It was suspicious at all. “Come on, I’ll show you.” He smiled, brushing his fingers through his still slightly damp hair. Cute.

“Oh, yeah. Right.” Jonghyun chuckled nervously and followed behind Minki, who led him to the kitchen. 

“Look,” Minki opened a random cupboard and pulled out a glass. “Are you sure you want water? I mean, I get get you some soda.. Or some more champagne.”

“Water is fine.” 

Minki nodded once, and filled up the glass with tap water, handing it to Jonghyun afterwards. “Here you go.” He stretched his arms, and began to make his way to the couch. “Hey! How much was the food? I’ll pay you back right away.”

“Ah, it’s fine.” Jonghyun scoffed lightly, taking a sip from the water that saved his life.

“No! You are a guest in my house! I want to pay you back.” Minki sat down on the couch and the TV, stretching once more. “You really wore me out, by the way. Christ.”

“It’s ok. I insist. You don’t have to pay me back.”

“Ugh!” Minki groaned. “Fine!” 

Just as Jonghyun was about to sit down as well, the doorbell rang and the famous noodles were delivered. 

 

----

 

“I’m so full.” After pushing his bowl aside, Minki placed his head down on the table and sighed in defeat. 

Jonghyun, on the other hand, sighed in admiration. “You are adorable.” Did he say that out loud?

“Mm?” Minki looked up. “I’m not adorable. I’m dangerous.” He meowed, then went back to resting his head. 

“That’s not very convincing. You need to work on your tactic.”

“Hush.” 

“If you don’t mind, I’ll take a shower now.” Jonghyun cleared his throat and stood up.

“Oh, go ahead. I’ll clean up here.” Minki looked up again. “I’d come along and your , but we have to save at least some fun for tomorrow!”

“Right, right.”

“You can borrow some of my clothes when you’re done… I mean, you are staying the night, right?” 

“Do you want me to?”

“I do.” 

“Then I will.” Jonghyun nodded, and then went to take his shower while his heart did continuous leaps of joy. 

 

----

 

Unsurprisingly, Minki didn’t have any shower gel that met society’s standards regarding masculinity. Minki appeared to be a huge fan of Japanese cherry blossom. Now Jonghyun could finally define what Minki smelled like; cherry blossom! But there was something else, too. Minki carried another mysterious scent that sparked Jonghyun’s imagination and made him long to smell it more. 

Humming quietly, Jonghyun rubbed the cherry blossom shower gel onto his chest and shoulders, closing his eyes. Mhm. Nice. But somehow, the scene was not complete. Should he have called Minki in to…? Nah. The poor thing already mentioned being worn out. 

After just a few more minutes, Jonghyun turned off the shower and prepared to step out, grabbing his towel from the shower stall’s glass doors. 

----

When entering Minki’s bedroom, which was attached to the bathroom, Jonghyun noticed a perfectly folded stack of clothing on the bed. Minki was the sweetest. He really was. Oh. Jonghyun had to stop thinking about that. He didn’t want to start feeling guilty about every little thing again. 

He slipped on the clean clothes within seconds and looked around, would a little more snooping hurt? Who puts up security cameras in their bedroom? Jonghyun figured he was safe. Just one quick look. 

Jonghyun could hear the TV downstairs. It brought him coverage, but it also made it hard for him to hear approaching footsteps. He had to be clever about this. One wrong move could ruin this new, yet beautiful relationship. 

Slowly, he opened a compartment to the enormous wardrobe and was greeted by clothes. Tons of clothes. Minki liked expensive brands. This must’ve meant he made a decent amount of money; this must’ve meant he wasn’t lying about being a secret agent. He closed the compartment again, waited a moment, and opened the next. 

Now this one was a lot more interesting.