Chapter One

From the Other Night

Hyungwon sits on the squeaky barstool, having to bite back a sigh as he takes another drink from the grimy cup held in his delicate fingers. He glances over with an almost bored gaze at the dancefloor, where his roommates are releasing some pent-up stress from the week in the form of half-assed dancing to awful EDM beats. He swears, he’ll never understand the draw of such monotonous tones blasting through your eardrums.

“You look like you’re having fun,” Hoseok shouts to him over the music. Hyungwon looks over to see his friend smirking at him over the bar, wiping down the counter. Hyungwon merely tilts his chin up ever so slightly in acknowledgment. He scratches his jaw thoughtfully, tapping the counter with a finger.

“I think I’m gonna head home,” he says in return. At Hoseok’s pout, he defends, “I’ve got an early day tomorrow, and this music is giving me a headache.” He takes comfort in the fact that only one of his reasons was a lie this time, as opposed to usual when he has to lie all the way out the door to get his friends let him leave. Hoseok raises a suspicious brow at this, but merely shrugs.

“Fine,” he relents easily, very much too exhausted from working all night to argue, “but dance at least once before you go.” Hyungwon has to bite back a sigh as he turns back around, fully ready to join his roommates Jooheon and Changkyun for a quick dance before ducking out.

However, what he sees next stops him dead in his tracks.

A man much shorter than himself is dancing, swinging his hips about shamelessly to the beat of the song, the neon lights catching his light pink hair in the most interesting of ways. Hyungwon swears the stranger almost has a halo around his head. The pants are doing him all sorts of favors visually, hugging the best curves there is to hug on that small body, and his loose dress shirt offers a nice contrast to the tight jeans. The model is mesmerized by this stranger, his eyes following the man even after he stops dancing and goes off to a side table.

Hyungwon smiles dryly, very much thankful to his friend for the suggestion of a dance. He whirls back in his chair only long enough to drain the rest of his drink. He catches Minhyuk, another friend of his who part-times at the club, by the arm, and pulls him close so as to be heard over the music.

“Hyung,” he says, “give a drink to that guy over there.” He nods to the stranger in question, who’s smirking devilishly at who Hyungwon hopes are friends and not in any way dates. He then turns to Hoseok to add, “I’m paying for it.” Minhyuk looks over at the new guy, raising his eyebrows skeptically.

“You sure do have weird tastes, Wonnie,” he mutters, though he moves to the other side of the bar, anyway, to prepare the order. As he passes by Hoseok, he smirks impishly and, judging by the older’s reaction, it’s clear Minhyuk pinches his .

I have weird tastes?” Hyungwon demands jokingly. “You’re the one dating Hoseok…” Hoseok pouts, clearly not catching onto the joke.

“Yah!” he shouts, throwing a towel at Hyungwon’s face. “Don’t disrespect your hyung!” Hyungwon and Minhyuk share a laugh, and Minhyuk coos as he wraps his arms around Hoseok’s waist.

“Sorry, Aga,” he chuckles. He then bends leans closer to whisper something in Hoseok’s ear, which Hyungwon is instinctively thankful he doesn’t hear. Honestly, he thought these two were handsy before they started dating… It’s nothing compared to how they are now. Now they’re practically nauseating.

Minhyuk finishes up the drink and takes it over to the man in question, who immediately glances up in confusion. Minhyuk explains who it’s from, which is easy to tell by the way he gestures over to Hyungwon. The stranger’s eyes follow his hand, and his confused frown turns into a smile so beautiful that Hyungwon can’t help but lift his own refilled drink in greeting.

The man’s eyes don’t leave as he leans to his companions to whisper something to them. He then plucks up the drink, and walks over to the bar. He takes a seat beside Hyungwon, his flirtatious smirk never faltering.

“Hey there,” the stranger greets, swinging himself sideways to face Hyungwon. Hyungwon chuckles under his breath, and turns himself to face the man as well. “I understand I have you to thank for this,” he adds, holding up the drink before setting it down on the bar.

“I figured you’d be thirsty after all that dancing,” Hyungwon explains. “Plus, I needed some way to get you over here.” He doesn’t miss the way Hoseok rolls his eyes at his words before the bartender walks away, and neither, apparently, does the beautiful man beside him. The stranger laughs a high-pitched laugh so loudly it rings clear over the din of music surrounding them, and Hyungwon can’t help but smile at the sound. It’s so pretty, like the most beautiful song he’d heard in all his life. He quickly recomposes himself, though, silently assuring himself such an observation is due to the drinks he’s had.

“Well, cutie,” the man says, pushing his hair back off his sweaty forehead, “I’m Kihyun. What should I call you?” It takes Hyungwon a moment too long to tear his eyes off the small widow’s peak that’s revealed now that Kihyun’s hair is pushed back, and even a moment longer to register the question posed to him.

“I’m Hyungwon,” he replies at last, suddenly very much thankful that he isn’t one to blush easily. Otherwise, he’d be beet-red right about now. He pauses for a second, watching the way Kihyun’s Adam’s apple bobs as he takes a sip of his drink. “Did you want to dance?” he finds himself asking, though he’d tried very hard to control himself. Kihyun chuckles, a sound much breathier than his laugh, Hyungwon notes. The shorter leans forward, placing his hand on Hyungwon’s knee in the most tantalizing of ways.

“I’d much rather get out of here,” Kihyun says, his breath brushing Hyungwon’s ear ever so slightly.

“Your place or mine?” Hyungwon asks almost immediately, his throat going dry at the notion of going home with this beautiful man. He’s not typically into picking up guys at clubs, but damn, there’s just something different about this stranger that makes Hyungwon to experience as much of him as quickly as possible. Kihyun laughs breathily, a dark energy suddenly rolling off him in waves. Hyungwon breathes it in, finding it incredibly intoxicating.

Kihyun pulls away, and doesn’t even answer before pulling Hyungwon off his seat by the hand and leading him out of the club. Hyungwon’s fairly certain that he’ll be hearing about all the dangers of anonymous and going home with a stranger late at night tomorrow as soon as he gets home… But, for now, he doesn’t care.

 

Hyungwon tries his best to pay attention to what turns the taxi takes after they leave the club, but it proves to be an extremely difficult task with Kihyun’s tongue in his mouth. He’s pretty sure they don’t even breathe the entire car ride, too caught up in trying to feel as much skin as possible without taking any clothes off.

When Kihyun finally breaks away, his cheeks are flushed and his lips are swollen and bruised. Hyungwon gasps to catch his breath, his lungs desperate for air. His hands are halfway up Kihyun’s sweaty back, pushing the man’s shirt up in the process. Kihyun’s fingers are tangled up in Hyungwon’s hair, and an unreadable light dances in his eyes. He crawls opens the door for them both after paying the fare and crawls out of Hyungwon’s lap to get out the car, tugging a willing Hyungwon along quickly.

Hyungwon glances about at their surroundings, and they appear to be on a somewhat residential street. The neighborhood is clearly upper-class if the design of the houses are any indication, what with their looming stature and opulent cars in the driveways. Hyungwon looks back at Kihyun, who’s fumbling about in the dark with his keys. He can’t help but chuckle at how cute the man suddenly seems then, and he wraps his arms around the stranger from behind. He presses himself close, kissing at Kihyun’s neck teasingly.

Kihyun groans in impatience, leaning back against Hyungwon for warmth amidst the chilly night air. He finally finds the key he’s looking for, and opens the door with a breathy sigh. He squirms out of Hyungwon’s embrace and pulls him in by the arm, slamming the door shut behind them. Hyungwon’s mind is in such a haze, that it doesn’t even strike him how beautiful the house is he’s just entered, how impeccably decorated it is. His only concern right now is to just find the bedroom, which Kihyun seems all the more delighted to show him.

Next thing he knows, Kihyun’s shoving him down on an incredibly comfortable mattress and ripping off their clothes. It’s then Hyungwon realizes he’s gonna have a hell of a time keeping up tonight, but he finds himself not minding all that much.