Chapter 9

I Can't

Once again, it's a very short chapter. Mianhamnida. Please don't hate me :(

 

Nichkhun held the door for Soo Yeon as she walked out behind him. It was almost three o’clock in the morning.

“Kamsahamnida, Soo Yeon. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.”

Soo Yeon smiled, “ No problem, Oppa! I’m glad to have been able to help.”

They continued to talk, updating each other about their lives while waiting for the cab. They laughed as they talked about the trip to the beach and how it took Soo Yeon a whole month to learn to ride a bicycle. They reminisced about the first time they had met and the other times they spent together in the last six years. And then, Nichkhun’s phone rang. He looked at the screen and his eyes widened in surprise. Why was Victoria calling him?

Nichkhun told Soo Yeon to be quiet and answered the phone, “Yeoboseyo. Victoria-ssi? Is something wrong? Ah, I’m still in Busan. Remember? I get back in the morning. Why? I see. So, we still on for tomorrow? Awesome. Good night.”

“What’s wrong, oppa?”

“Ah, nothing. It was just Victoria-ssi.”

Soo Yeon smirked, “Does she miss you that much? Haha, wait until I tell her how you sulked the whole trip!” Her oppa had told her all about Victoria and she had been teasing him ever since.

“HEY! Don’t you dare!” Nichkhun regretted telling her about Victoria the moment he realised that she would be teasing him about it non-stop. He saw the cab pull up and immediately went to open the door for her.

“You can’t wait to get rid of me, can you? Well, good luck today. I can’t wait for your good news!”

She gave Nichkhun a hug, which he returned, saying, “Happy birthday, Soo Yeon! Ahhhh, you thought I forgot, didn’t you? Anyway, thanks for helping me tonight. Bye!”

“Of course I knew you’d remember, oppa! Bye!” She gave him a peck on the cheek and got into the cab, waving to Nichkhun as it drove off.