Final

Regret

People always say that you should do whatever you want when you are still young because hesitation will only make you regret later, especially in love.

 

Jisoo spent the most beautiful time of his youth just to love one person. Since he was a high school student who experienced this strange feeling for the first time till now, it’s been 10 years, and he thinks this love will still go on.

 

But Jisoo doesn’t like this.

 

Because the person he loves can never belong to him.

 

An unrequited love for 10 years, Jisoo has considered himself stupid just because of this.

 

He keeps wondering why he agreed to be the other’s best friend, why he promised the other that they would study together in the same college, why he agreed to work in the same place with the other, and why he abandoned his own dreams just to be able to stay by the other’s side.

 

Jisoo is angry at himself for letting his whole life be affected by that person, while he just sees him as a close friend who’s living the same dream as him, nothing more than that.

 

But what makes him most disappointed with himself, is that he didn’t have the courage to express his feelings in the past. He worried that maybe he would fail, he was afraid to lose his friendship, then one day he was told that the other had a lover.

 

At that moment, Jisoo felt like he had lost everything. But even then, he never thought of leaving the one he loves, because that person was his only happiness.

 

That person is Jisoo’s happiness, but also his pain.

 

Jisoo still endures everything, because he thought there would be another chance for him someday. When the two of them break up, he will confess immediately, and no matter what the result will be, he won’t regret.

 

But right now, Jisoo feels like reality is punching hard in his face. He was worried, hesitant to take a chance, but he’s still expecting a second chance. Because at that time he didn’t think that his worry and hesitation would make him regret very much now.

 

That person will get married next month.

 

He knows there won’t be any other chance for him anymore, and maybe now is the right time to think for himself. After the wedding, Jisoo will leave this place. He had to regret once, so he doesn’t want to regret it later on not treating himself right. He knows that if he’s persistent in staying here and seeing that person every day, he won’t be able to find peace again.

 

This love, it’s best to let it sleep tight forever.

 

============

 

Seungcheol’s life might be very boring without Jisoo.

 

From the time they became best friends in high school until they found a job in the same place together, it was 6 or 7 years. During that time, he took his love for Jisoo as his own happiness.

 

He found out that his feelings for Jisoo were no longer friendship in his fourth year of college, but he wanted them both to have a solid job before confessing his love to him. And before confessing, he wanted to confirm clearly whether Jisoo also had feelings for him or not.

 

For this reason, Seungcheol has done something that makes him regret for the rest of his life.

 

He accepted the confession from a guy named Jeonghan and became his lover, just to see if Jisoo was jealous.

 

Seungcheol intended that after a month or two, he would try to break up with Jeonghan. He won’t mind hurting another person for his own happiness.

 

Although Jisoo didn’t show any jealousy, just looking at how awkward he was when he saw him with Jeonghan was enough for Seungcheol to understand.

 

When Seungcheol thought about how to break up, it was when he discovered that he began to have feelings for Jeonghan.

 

And in the end, he just couldn’t bring himself to hurt the guy, which means that he will continue to make Jisoo suffer.

 

Seungcheol knows he’s such a greedy guy. He didn’t want to break up with Jeonghan, he was affected by Jeonghan’s love and he was completely serious. But at the same time, he still loves Jisoo very much and he wants to express his feelings for him. He wishes he could have both of them, but this is absolutely impossible.

 

Moreover, he knows Jisoo too well, if he knows they break up because of him, he will definitely do anything to bring them back together. So Seungcheol fully understands that he and Jisoo can never be able to become lovers. But Seungcheol will do everything he can to keep Jisoo by his side, even if they can’t be lovers, they are still best friends, right?

 

Just like that, during a few years later, he almost didn’t feel any regret.

 

However, the day he and Jeonghan told Jisoo about their marriage, he made Seungcheol feel that damn regret again. He said that he will go to another place to pursue his dream. Seungcheol knows that Jisoo no longer wants to be with him, and he can obviously know the reason. But because he knows what the reason is, he feels more angry with himself.

 

If he didn’t accept Jeonghan’s confession before, then maybe it would be all different now.

 

Loving Jeonghan, he has no regret. But by the time Seungcheol agreed to be his lover, he had absolutely no feelings. It was just a stupid test he wanted to use on Jisoo. If he took time to consider everything carefully, Jisoo wouldn’t have to suffer all this pain by himself, Jeonghan would be able to find someone better than him, and Seungcheol wouldn’t be stuck in the middle of all these stuff.

 

But now that he can’t anything, Seungcheol has to face the reality. His beloved Jisoo will leave him, and the thing he needs to focus on is to make Jeonghan happy.

 

Seungcheol knows this regret will probably never go away, but he will turn it into a motive to not hurt anyone else.

 

And the love for Jisoo, Seungcheol will hide it in the deepest part of his heart, perhaps for the three of them, this is the best way.