⸢ beachside bonfire ⸥

⸢ snapshots ⸥

campfire

beachside bonfire
09일 09월 2017년

she sighs, rubbing her hands for warmth. the breeze is salty, and the air just on the side of chilly as the ocean waves brush against the shore. 

the logs finally catch on fire, and the bonfire slowly gains life, its embers like temporarily stars against the dark of night. 

he steps back, smiling at her proudly, and sits beside her. 

automatically, his arm rests along her shoulders, pulling her closer, and she does not resist his warmth. 

she presses her cold nose against his neck and chuckles when he jokingly complains under his breath. 

the others tease but in good nature and soon, gather around the fire. marshmallows on skewers made of disassembled coat hangers, tiny sausages smaller than fingers, and more driftwood makes its way into the fire - the first two on accident and the third not so much. 

it's with gooey fingers and sated smiles that they share stories, first of ghosts and legend, then of truth and miracles. 

she leans closer to him every time until she's practically in his lap.

he doesn't complain, only shifts her slightly so that he's more comfortable. 

they hold hands and pretend that it is the leftover traces of marshmallows in the s'mores that sticks their palms together.