⸢ their first date ⸥

⸢ snapshots ⸥

couple

their first date
04일 09월 2017년

she tilts her head towards him, peeking up at him from between her lashes. he looks straight forward, hand calloused and warm in hers. 

the carnival bustles around them, bright and loud as it had been back when they were children, tugging each other along and begging their parents to play games at the different stalls. 

he turns his eyes to her suddenly, and she glances away, a blush painting her cheeks pink in the warm lights of the stalls. 

it takes her a second to build up the confidence, to turn her eyes towards him, and he is patiently waiting as he always does. 

silently, he glances at an empty bench in offer. 

she squeezes his hand, nodding, and he directs her through the flow of traffic towards it. they sit, and she smiles when he looks at her. 

they sit in silence for a couple of moments, simply enjoying each other's presence in the cool evening air.

they meet eyes again, and after a moment, he leans down, placing a quick peck on her lips. she squeezes his hand again.

'it feels like we're dating again,' she comments, beaming.

'it's been a while,' he reminds wryly, holding up their entwined and wrinkled hands. 

'more than forty years of marriage,' she sighs, putting a hand to her chest, 'and my heart still beats like it's our first.' 

'mine too,' he grunts, pointedly looking away when she tries to glance at his expression.

he finally acqueisces when she puts a hand on his chin, turning his face towards her though his eyes look past her shoulder in embarrassment. his cheeks and ears are a clear pink, even in the dark of night.

'adorable,' she compliments, giggling when he pouts. 

his expression softens.

'you're the one who's adorable,' he returns, pressing his lips to her forehead. 

they return to silence, her leaning on him while the night lives on and fills the air.