4/4 END

A Little Thing Called Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My first love, Park Chanyeol, was a great guy. It was during one of the semester breaks during high school when he confessed to me and I reciprocated. I agreed to be his girlfriend and we were happily dating each other, although there were times when we fought over trivial things and it really hurt my heart a lot. But at the end of the day, we would apologise to each other for hurting each other. Park Chanyeol was a popular guy in our school and being a really good guitarist, plus his sweet vocal, he attracted a lot of girls, but nonetheless, he has never taken a glance at all the butterflies out there. 

Three years into our relationship and I thought we were going to last forever. 

It was the day when we received our high school grades, which would determine the university we would attend. My teacher talked to me about my talent in writing and drawing, and he sent a recommendation letter on my behalf to one of the most renown Arts schools in the world. It was like a dream come true when my teacher told me that the school has accepted me. However, the school is in London, which means that Chanyeol and I had to be miles apart. Could I really let our relationship go for the expense of my dreams? I love Chanyeol too much to leave him alone in Korea but I wish to pursue my dreams at the same time.

Chanyeol and I had a talk about it. He understood my concern and he promised that we will try to make our long distance relationship works. That was what I thought.

 School work was consuming us a lot and gradually, our daily Skype session has turned into a monthly affair of exchanging emails. I miss Chanyeol a lot and sometimes when I tried calling him, he didn't answer his call and I knew we were drifting apart. Long distance relationship isn't that easy to maintain afterall. 

It was two days before Chanyeol's birthday and since I was having recess break, I have decided to make a trip back to Korea to give my boyfriend a surprise and hopefully, our relationship could rekindle again. 

Ten more minutes to Chanyeol's birthday. I got my present and cake for him, ready to surprise him at his doorstep. But things don't seem to go my way. 

The moment the door was open, I wasn't greeted by my boyfriend's face, instead, it was a girl whom I had no clue of her identity. 

"Who is it babe?"

I could recognise that voice and that pair of arms around the girl's waist when the door opened wider. The present and the cake slipped our of my hand and hot tears gushed out of my eyes. Chanyeol seemed to be taken aback to see my presence. 

"Jinri..."

"You know who is she?" The girl asked Chanyeol. How dare she?

In a moment of spite, I raised my hand and swung it across the girl's face. The girl yelped and Chanyeol quickly came forward to stop me from throwing another slap at the girl.

"Jinri!! Stop it!! Calm down!!"

"How do you expect me to calm down when I hear you hugging another girl?? I am your freaking girlfriend!!"

"I am sorry Jinri..." Chanyeol looked down, totally ashamed of his doings. Right, he should be ashamed. Afterall, I wasn't the one who cheated.

"I love someone else right now and I am sorry Jinri..."

I didn't want to hear anymore of his excuses, so I grabbed my stuff and walked away from the break up. 

That relationship ended ten years ago and Chanyeol and I never stayed in contact anymore. I drowned myself in work so I won't have time to think about finding another guy and devoting to a relationship, even though the people around me were pressuring me to get married soon. Hence, I signed up for matchmaking sessions but no guy fit my criteria, which got me thinking if I am bound to be forever alone. 

Until the appearance of Oh Sehun, who barged into my life and claimed that he had a crush on me since long time ago. I was caught off guard by his confession and affection but I was glad he came into my life. 

"Are you listening to me??"

"Huh? What?"

I snapped out of my trance and looked at the girl who groaned at my slow responses. 

"Did you listen to what I was saying?"

I gave her a guilty smile.

Tiffany rubbed her temples, "I knew you weren't listening!! Damn it Jinri, you know you have been in la la land ever since you and Sehun started dating. I know you guys are truly in love with each other but hello, I am right here talking to you! Stop smiling to yourself, it's creepy and please tone down your PDA honey. Joy told me she caught you guys kissing and hugging each other whenever you guys have the chance to!" She threw her arms in the air, "That isn't the Jinri I know!! The Jinri I know isn't such a submissive woman that would obey her man every single time. Look at you what you have become honey! I guess it's really true that love turns you into a fool."

"You are being dramatic Tiff!" I rebutted, "What do you want to say to me?"

"Urgh, never mind. I think I would get my job done faster if I execute it on my own." 

Tiffany flipped her hair, that's her signature gesture, as she stomped her way out of my room. I laughed. 

Just then, I received a message notification on my phone.

"You look beautiful when you smile. Keep smiling my queen."

Lifting my head, I made eye contact with Sehun, who threw me another of his y wink with a loopsided grin. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter