3/4

A Little Thing Called Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have never realised that the weather and the refreshing air outside could be that nice. Ever since I took up the position as Editor, I was so consumed with work and I rarely have time to go out for a walk. Plus, I feel salty bumping into couples cuddling with each other on the street while I walked alone most of the time, without a guy holding my hand with his warm and big hand. Seriously, can they spare a thought for people who are single and stop shoving their PDA into my face? 

I turned my head slightly to the guy walking next to me. Sehun does have very nice features and not to mention, his sharp jaw that could cut my finger easily. 

"Do you love staring at me so much? I know I am irresistible." 

I looked away in embarrassment, "No, stop being shameless." 

We continued to walk in silence. It wasn't easy to get out of my house without my mum and aunt's continuous questioning about Sehun but there was no hesitation in him when he admitted that he was courting me. I saw the disbelief written on my aunt and cousins' faces and I felt a small victory seeing their defeated looks while my mum smiled brightly at the young man.

"Your mum seems to like me a lot. While the other three..."

"Yeah?"

"They look evil."

I laughed loudly. It was surprising to hear that from Sehun but I am glad that we are on the same page.

"They are. My pretentious and obnoxious aunt is pressuring me to get married and she always rub the fact that her daughter had found a great catch in my face."

Right then, I felt someone holding onto my hand. It was Sehun's warm hand, and my hand actually fits perfectly in his. I gave him a questioning look.

"Well, I am a great catch too. Your mum will be proud to show me off when I become her son-in-law."

He winked again and I turned away so that he won't be able to catch me biting my lips from smiling at his words. Falling for Sehun wasn't something that I thought of happening but his words are constantly giving me heart attack.

"Let's go!"

"Where are we going?"

"To ice skating rink!" 

 

Since young, I see myself as physically incapable because I at sports. I hate sports, especially the sweating part, but now I am being forced because Oh Sehun dragged me to the ice skating rink with him. He looked completely excited for ice skating and I felt bad for saying no, so I let him have his way. After we collected our ice skating boots, we went to an empty bench to change our shoes. Little did I expect Sehun to squat in front of me and held up one of my legs.

"Yah! What are you doing??"

Some people were shooting curious glances at us and I really hate being the attention.

"Doing what a boyfriend should do."

Sehun took off my ballet flats and put on the skater boots for me. My eyes couldn't help to stick on to him as he tied my shoelace. It would be a blatant lie if my heart didn't swell from his sweet gestures. 

"Your eyes are telling me that you are falling for me."

His voice brought me back to Earth and I quickly put my legs down after seeing that he was done and avoided his loving gaze. How does Oh Sehun manage to catch me staring at him all the time? It made me seem like a creep. I heard a few girls whispering about how sweet Sehun was as a boyfriend as they walked past us and his face was painted with a smug expression.

"See, even everyone said I am an A+ boyfriend, aren't you still not going to date me for real?"

"Well," I shot up from my seat, wanting to walk away from the arrogant guy badly, "You can date those girls instead. I am not interested."

Just when I was about to walk, I almost fell as I wasn't used to the skater boots and luckily, Sehun caught me and held onto me. My heart thumped loudly and I really pray that Sehun doesn't hear it. 

"The only person I want to date is you," he poked my nose, "Don't walk too fast, you might fall and injure yourself. Hold on to me, okay?"

For the first time, I held onto Sehun willingly.

 

Not sure what was Sehun's real motive of bringing me to the ice skating rink, but I am sure he was enjoying all the touches and physical contacts that we are having right now. It's my first time trying ice skating and I was really afraid of falling, so I clenched onto Sehun's arm tightly. Not like I had any other choice, it's either I fall flat on the ground or I hold on my 'pillar'.

"I am going to let go now."

"What? No!! I can't skate alone!!" I protested.

Sehun chuckled, "I will catch you if you fall, trust me alright?"

I saw assurance in Sehun's eyes. He asked me to trust me, and I am not sure what potion did he use to cast a spell on me but I nodded and let go of his arms slowly. Without any support, I tried to balance on my own while Sehun supervised me. I thought I was going to make it but I was staggering and I could sense my body falling forward. I yelped and like what Sehun had promised, he caught me. This time, our faces were really close to each other and I could feel his breath. I swallowed the lump that was formed on my throat.

Am I falling for Oh Sehun? 

The moment he placed his lips on mine softly. I felt butterflies in my stomach and I heard fireworks playing behind me. 

Am I falling for Oh Sehun? I...I...think...urgh I don't know!! 

 

After our intimate contact plus that kiss earlier on, Sehun became even bolder with his affection towards me. He held my hand like a real man showing his girlfriend to the world. My heart was doing a somersault but I didn't want to let him know about my feelings because our huge gap is still bothering me. Can I date this guy who is six years younger than me openly? 

"Yah, why are you being so secretive today?" I asked Sehun, who was dragging to another place. 

"I like seeing your surprise look."

Following him to the next venue, we arrived at a garden with no lights. It was pitch black except for the moon and stars that were hanging on the sky. Suddenly, I heard a snap of finger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter