Chapter 7

Who do you love?

Song for this chapter: Can't Help Falling in Love - Haley Reinhart

---------------

Junhoe was never a fan of train rides. He hates sitting in one for hours, but he also likes being with Hanbin. And he doesn’t mind to sit in a train for a day as long as he’s with Kim Hanbin.

 

Hanbin took the seat near the window. He likes to watch the houses and buildings they’re passing by. It always gives him a calm feeling in a weird way, how he sees different views each passing minute. He doesn’t have to look to know that Junhoe has been watching him.

 

When he turns to look at him, he found his eyes already closed and head leaning on one side. Hanbin chuckles and carefully leans Junhoe’s head on his shoulders. He leans his head against Junhoe’s and closes his eyes, drifting off to take a nap.

 

“Finally!” Junhoe groans as they step out of the train in Austerlitz. “That train ride was long.”

 

“It is.” Hanbin chuckles. “You’ve been here before?”

 

“Nope. It’s my first time.” He says as he shook his head.

 

“Good. That makes it fun for the both of us then.” Hanbin says with a wide smile. “C’mon. We’ll hail a taxi to bring us to our airbnb.”

 

Hanbin grabs Junhoe’s wrist and drags him outside the train station. They took a taxi that will bring them to Montmartre. It took them a while to get there. The place is big enough for the both of them, but there’s one problem. They only have one bed. Hanbin didn’t check it thoroughly and just booked the place right away. He’s scolding himself inside his head for not doing that.

 

“So…” He says as he takes in a deep breath. “We only have one bed.”

 

“And?” Junhoe asks, feeling a bit awkward.

 

“Is this a problem?” He turns to look at Junhoe and raised a brow.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Junhoe looks confused.

 

“Is this a problem?” He points to the bed. “Is it a problem to you if we sleep in the same bed?” A smirk already on his face.

 

Junhoe grins at him. “No. Of course not. Not at all.”

 

He chuckles and shook his head. “Thought so. Take a rest, we’ll go out at 6.”

 

Junhoe nods and settles his luggage on the floor before diving into the bed. Hanbin just laughed. He plops himself on the sofa and closes his eyes.

 

“Hyung..” he hears Junhoe call him.

 

“Hmm?” he says without opening his eyes. That train ride made him tired.

 

“I thought it’s not a problem to sleep in one bed? Why don’t you rest here?” Junhoe asks a bit too hesitant that made Hanbin giggle and look at him.

 

“It really isn’t. You really like the thought, huh?”

 

Junhoe grins and nods at him. “Of course I like it. I like being near you.”

 

He felt his cheeks blush. “Whatever. Take a rest. You’ll get tired later.”

 

Junhoe’s grin became even more wider. “Why? You’re planning to do something to me?”

 

He hisses at him because he can feel his face become more hot. “Oh my goodness! Just take a rest will you? Stop thinking about that!”

 

“What? I only asked you. I didn’t say anything, you’re the one who’s thinking that.” Junhoe says with a chuckle. Hanbin just shook his head and closes his eyes to take a nap.

 

At exactly 6 o’clock, they are out of their airbnb. Junhoe doesn’t really mind where Hanbin’s going to bring him, he just likes to spend time with him.

 

“Where are we going?” He asks after a few minutes of walking.

 

“We’re going to a resto, it’s owned by a friend. Food is great there.” Junhoe looks at him.

 

“You have a friend here?”

 

“Yeah.. well, I’ve been here a few times before and met some people.”

 

“Oh, I didn’t expect that... Of all the people I know, you might be the most non-sociable person out of everyone.” He says with a chuckle. Hanbin hisses at him.

 

“Ya! I’ve been better, you know. I’m not like a ‘caveman’ like how you all tease me.”

 

He ruffles Hanbin’s hair and laughs. “Aigoo.. Our Hanbin is grown up now.”

 

Hanbin just punched him playfully on his arm. He actually likes it when they’re like this. No stress, teasing each other and just pure fun. He wants to keep Hanbin from all those other things that hurts him. He might have said it a lot of times, but it’s nothing but the truth.

 

If he can, he just wants to stay here with Hanbin and leave everyone and everything. But he knows that’s just wishful thinking and a mere selfish thought. He knows what effect it might cause, knowing he saw what it did to everyone when Hanbin left. Especially to him. He was devastated when Hanbin left. When he knew about it, he felt as if something also went missing from him. It’s just now that he realizes it’s his heart that went missing. Not literally but it felt like that and it’s Hanbin who took it from him.

 

All the things that happened between them during that one month is a secret he wants no one to know. No matter how he denies it, it’s just some kind of stolen moments. Because he’s the only one in there, beside Hanbin. He’s afraid of what might possibly happen if ever Hanbin decides to go back. Although he won’t give Hanbin up without a fight, he’s still scared. Scared that he doesn’t have a chance. He warned him already. Hanbin warned him. He already rejected him too, but he won’t listen. Matters like these are one of those rare times where he doesn’t listen to his brain. He just hopes he has enough strength for his heart and for Hanbin.

 

The resto is located in a corner of the street near Montmartre. It’s not too big but it’s enough to know that it’s doing well. The place has a cream and brown color scheme, the ambiance is relaxing and a live singer is singing on a small stage in the center of the place.

 

Hanbin went directly to the bar corner and asked for the owner. A tall man went out from the staff room and greeted them with a smile. He has blonde hair and green eyes. He looks a bit older than Hanbin but still looks young.

 

“Hey!” The man greets them and hugs Hanbin.

 

“Hey man! How’s it going?” Hanbin asks the guy.

 

“Doing good. How about you? Who’s with you?” He says as he looks at Junhoe standing beside Hanbin and grins.

 

Hanbin drapes his arms around him. “This is Junhoe. He’s my friend. I decided to show him around here.” He looks at Junhoe. “Junhoe, this is Chris. He’s the owner of this resto.”

 

Chris offers out his hand and Junhoe shook it with a polite smile. Junhoe felt awkward because he’s really not good with meeting new people. The guy might have noticed it and patted his shoulder with a grin.

 

“Don’t be tense. I’m a nice person, right Hanbin?”

 

Hanbin laughs and shook his head. “No, you’re not.”

 

Chris rolls his eyes. Junhoe already feeling a bit comfortable. “Mean! Anyway, come with me. I’ll get you two a table.”

 

The two nods and follows Chris. He brought them to a table near the window.

 

“Take a seat. Your food will be on me. It’s my treat.” Chris said as he motions for them to sit. Hanbin looks at him.

 

“Really?” Hanbin asks his friend with a grin.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I can’t accompany you two tonight since I have a lot to do. Just make sure to bring him again next time so that we can get to properly know each other.” Hanbin chuckles and nods.

 

“Okay. Thanks man.”

 

“No problem. I’ll just tell them to serve your food.” He says and turns to look at Junhoe. “Nice meeting you, Junhoe. And uhm, watch out for this idiot right here.” He says as he points to Hanbin and chuckles. “He’s dangerous.”

 

Junhoe laughs and nods at him. “Nice meeting you too. About that, i’m afraid your warning is a bit too late. Thanks though for the treat.”

 

A knowing smile was plastered on Chris’ face and Hanbin blushes. “I see. No problem. I’ll be going now, then. Enjoy your night.”

 

“Thanks Chris.” Hanbin says and Chris just smiled at them before he turns to go to the counter.

 

Hanbin shook his head with a smile on his face and looks at Junhoe. “That’s Chris. He’s french although he doesn’t look like one at first glance. He’s a great guy actually.”

Junhoe nods. “How did you meet, then?”

 

“I met him in a bar. I don’t know remember how I ended up in one though, but yeah, I met him there. He was having a problem with his girlfriend back then and I just happened to be sitting next to him by the counter. He just suddenly blurted out all his feelings to me and I was damn confused at first but then I just decided to listen to him and gave him advice. I didn’t know he was still sober at that time.” he says and laughed at the memory. Junhoe smiles and nods.

 

“Are they still together?” Hanbin nods.

 

“Yeah. They’re married now.” Hanbin smiles.

 

Junhoe smiles and didn’t ask any more questions. They didn’t talk while waiting for their food and just listened to the performer singing “Can’t help falling in love”. He looks at Hanbin and smiles. ‘I can’t believe i’m with you right now..’

 

Hanbin caught him looking at him and furrows his brows. “What? Why are you looking at me?”

 

He shook his head and puts on a shy smile. “Nothing. It’s just…. You look handsome.”

 

Hanbin blushes and looks down. He’s playing with the threads of his jeans and tried so hard not to look at Junhoe. He doesn’t really know what to feel. He doesn’t want to lead Junhoe on, but Junhoe just does things to his heart. He does make him smile. But he’s scared. He’s scared because he knows Junhoe deserves better and he’s afraid he might ruin him with his already messed up self. He still has a lot of things to sort out and he made a deal within himself to not get involved in a relationship if he’s not whole. But then, maybe if the time is right, he might consider giving Junhoe a chance if he really meant his feelings. Right now, he needs to sort his mind out on whether to man up and finally face everyone he left behind or to just stay longer in Limousin.

 

He didn’t realize that he was zoning out until the waiter came to serve them their food. He shakes off everything that’s been going through his mind and decided to just enjoy the rest of the night.

 

Chris really treated them with a full course meal, starting from the appetizer up until the dessert. They were both exchanging smiles with each other as they eat. None of them was talking and they were just listening to the live performer. It’s a peaceful meal and Junhoe couldn’t ask for more, especially if Hanbin is right there in front of him.

 

“You want to drink something? Wine, champagne, anything?” Hanbin asks him as he finishes his cake.

 

“No.” He says and looks at him. “Maybe later. Should we just grab some beer on our way back?

 

Hanbin nods. “Sure. We can do that.” He says with a smile.

 

After they finished their food, they thanked Chris again and promised that they’ll come back again.

 

“You want to see the eiffel tower? It’s lovely at night.” Hanbin beams at him with a wide smile as soon as they stepped out of the restaurant. He chuckles and nods his head.

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

Hanbin claps his hand like a kid and grabs his wrist to drag him. Junhoe just laughs at Hanbin since it seems that he’s in a good mood. They took the metro on their way to the eiffel tower.

 

He can already see the top while they were walking from the station. He took a glance at Hanbin and found him all smiles as he looks at the tower. He shook his head and smiles to himself. ‘How I wish you’re always happy like this.’

 

They sat down on a bench in the garden near the eiffel tower. Hanbin was right, it really looks lovely at night. It was beautifully lit up and and the place they are sitting on is calm and peaceful. He was looking up, admiring the tower when Hanbin spoke.

 

“It’s actually my second time here..” He looks at him, Hanbin’s eyes were lively and sparkling in admiration of the sight he’s seeing. Hanbin turns to look at him and smiled. The kind of smile that knocks the wind out of Junhoe. He takes in Hanbin’s beauty, because this smile, this smile would be his favorite. No one can see this, it’s only for him and he won’t let anyone take this from him. “I never thought you would actually be the one I’ll take here with me..”

 

Junhoe nods and smiles at him, eyes still on Hanbin. “I’m happy you’re with me right now…”

 

Hanbin held his hand and looks back at the tower, his smile still on his face. Right at that moment, nothing else mattered to Junhoe. What’s important was that moment, Hanbin’s sparkly eyes and the fact that their hands are intertwined together. He has fallen hard and he just decided to dive right in and pursue Hanbin, because nothing’s more worth it than Hanbin’s happiness. They’re just content with each other’s presence for the rest of the night.

 

-----------------

 

How was it? This chapter is really short. I'm sorry for that. I promise the next one would be longer. I still haven't got a hold of myself since last week, that's why this took long. I hope you still enjoyed this pure Junbin moments. The second part of their paris trip will be on the next chapter.

 

*Spoiler alert* Hanbin ruined me.

 

Please do comment down your thoughts. Your feedbacks are very much appreciated.

 

Loveyou! Thanks for reading!