Chapter 02: Future Queen

The Crown Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene had been waiting on Seulgi since then, she knew how awful Sehun was and to make sure Sehun would not do any harm to Seulgi, she was waiting and observing from outside the room.

 

"Your Highness!" Irene rushed straight away after she had noticed The Princess had come out from the Gallery Room. "Thanks God in Heaven you're safe."

 

"Oh dear Irene, do not worry. I won't lose with someone as wicked as him." Seulgi chuckled. She reached Irene's hand to hold. "Shall we go to the dinner room? Shall we run?"

 

"But ma'am, running is prohibited inside the Palace." However before Irene could remind her, Seulgi was already running.

 

Seulgi turned her back and looked at Irene. "Irene, I am the Crown Princess!"

 

Seulgi started to run up the stairs again, leaving Irene behind her. She smiled for herself, to be The Crown Princess may be hard but at least she could do whatever she wanted, unless it wasn't against The King's objection.

 

Her eyes were beaming with excitement as she arrived in the grand pavilion. She looked at the two guards beside the door, they had lowered their head, giving their most regard to the Princess. Seulgi took a peek through the slightly opened door.

 

"I really don't know that my uncle will be invited so many people."

 

"Is it a good thing, ma'am? It's the right time to make your ally." Irene suggested.

 

A tiny smile appeared from Seulgi. "Do you think I am able to do that?"

 

Irene carresed the back of Seulgi's hand. "Of course, Highness. You're very capable of that."

 

Seulgi took a deep breathe as she put her chin up in the air. She looked so majestic, very much royal, she was no longer a young Princess. She would be Queen.

 

"Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Everdeen,"

 

Seulgi entered the grand pavilion with so much confidence that was overflowing within her petite figure. People were bowing at her as she walked to the center of the room.

 

She stood in the center, looking at every people in that room. She cleared quietly before she started to speak.

 

"Good evening, It is an honor for me to be here tonight, and to receive your warm greetings in my succession as The Crown Princess. I would really like to say thank you. I've read all your messages whom you already sent through our official corespondency. I would depend on your guidance to help His Majesty ruling this country." Seulgi said confidently, her voice wasn’t sounded loud but it sounded firm and light without a trail of shrieking. Seulgi never felt this prouder in her life, to be able to speak in front of many people, most importantly in front of the people from Parliament.

 

It gave them something memorable, that their young Princess had turned to be more respectable. Seulgi broke down their skepticism. She had showed them what she was capable of. It earned Seulgi a glorious ovation from most of the ministers and governors that came today, including Lord Suho, The Prime Minister that was present.

 

"His Majesty The King,"

 

King Yunho entered the grand pavilion with a big smile on his face. He clapped as most of the people around him bowed at him. He walked straight to where Seulgi was. Beside him, Prince Sehun couldn't even hide his malicious grin but Seulgi had choose to ignore him.

 

She smiled at the white haired man in front of her before she did a deep curtsey to her uncle.

 

"I've heard your greetings, my dear niece. How marvelous it was! I am so proud of you!" King Yunho gently cupped his beloved niece's cheeks. "You're truly bound to be a The Crown Princess, don't you think so, Sehun?"

 

Seulgi couldn't contain to smirk at his uncle King words toward Sehun. To see how upset Sehun's face was pretty much amusing for her.

 

"It such an honor to get compliment by you, Your Majesty."

 

The King smiled warmly once again then he turned around to face his ministers to officially open the dinner. "Let we start tonight's dinner."

 

***

 

Like many other big city around the world, Aberdeen had also known as the city that never sleep and its culture for so many years. The National Art Museum that always packed throughout years, indicating that the people of Everdeen were highly appreciating their art masterpiece.

 

In 1900, the Royal Household had decided to open some of their largest private park for public. It was allowed the public to get closer with their King.

 

The people of Everdeen always respected and highly worshiped their King. However, although it didn't seem caused a huge problem yet. Everdeen's people had started to questioning the continuation of their monarch as it seemed like their heir wasn't really familiar in their eyes.

 

Through the relay broadcast, the investiture ceremony of the new Crown Princess was being shown. A young man with such a fine tanned skin seemed quite too immersed with the relay broadcast. He took a sip of his coffee, his eyes were all focused to the little screen over him, ignoring the clamorness that was coming from his surrounding.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter