Chapter 01: Young Princess

The Crown Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"April, 21st 2010. Everdeen's Monarchy faced a real crisis following the death of their heir, Prince Taemin due to heart problem at age 22. Prince Changmin, age 65 and also King Yunho first little brother continued to take the succession to become the Crown Prince of Everdeen. After five years of his duty, he finally decided to abdicate due to health problem. This made Princess Seulgi as the new Crown Princess of Everdeen at age 18, the youngest and first Crown Princess in Everdeen history.
But her succession caused lot of dissagreement from the Parliament. Believing that The Princess needed supervision on behalf of The King. "Her Royal Highness probably needs much time to understand our country constitution, unlike Prince Taemin, she never had tutelage under Aberdeen's system." Said Lord Suho, Everdeen's Prime Minister to Dailymail.
The health condition of The King also made the people of Everdeen worried. It made the whole situation became more risky to the entire nation and its monarchy."
Feeling mad after reading a news paper, Seulgi threw it to the trash can under her desk right away. Her cheeks were reddened, not because she was feeling hot but because she felt so vexed.
The journalist never mentioned that she just found out to be The Crown Princess a week ago.
What are you supposed to do in just one week? Seulgi asked it internally.
Seulgi was still trying to comprehend what had gotten into her life. A massive, drastically changing of her entire life. From the ordinary young girl to be the next in line to the throne.
In the age of 18, right after the tragic death of her poor cousin and the abdication of her beloved uncle, she was the only one who remained to be the eligible heir apparent.
Last week as she woke up, she had officially become The Crown Princess of Everdeen, first in line to the throne. She was the future Queen and she had never imagined that her life would be turning upside down this quick.   She wasn't supposed to be a Queen, and yet here she was.
To be said frankly, Seulgi never liked her life as a part of royal family. All she wanted to do was to be able to live freely like an ordinary 18 years old girl who spent her day with her friends in the coffee shop, or having a midnight movie with her boyfriend, with a kiss or two.
As the heir apparent, her father always kept her away from the world. Since very young, she lived and stayed in Sanchester Palace which located outside the heart of Everdeen, Aberdeen. It made her never received the education system which known as Aberdeen's system; a place where the heiress of Everdeen learnt and received their basic knowledge as the preparation of being the head of country.
Her father believed Aberdeen system was lacking a lot of thing. He believed that the supposed to be King or Queen should be had no flaw. They needed maintaining their reputation foremost. The subjects would be loyal and trust their King or Queen straight away with such reputation. As easy as flipping your hands.
However, Seulgi hated her father system the most. She felt it worst and secluded, she never knew how to be in public. She was socially awkward, as she had been under her father strict supervision. After the death of her father when she was fifteen. She was hoping if her mother would let her do as she pleased—to have a normal life but like her father did to her, her mother never allowed her to.
She believed that she was too young to mingle in society. Her reputation would be in stake as a young girl in her age was bound to make mistake. Seulgi's reputation was the thing she needed the most if she wanted to reign smoothly.
Above everything, all that Seulgi ever wanted was a normal life, but she never had a normal life because she wasn't a normal avarage girl either.
She was a Princess, a daughter of a Prince, a niece of a King and apparently through the poor and unfortunate fate of her uncles and cousin, she would become a Queen.
"Your Highness."
Still not used to hear her new title, Seulgi stared blankly at her appointed advisor chosen by The King. Miss Seunghwan came from the most respectable noble family background who had been serving the royal family from generations.   "As the future Queen, His Majesty wants you to learn the basic knowledge of politic, diplomacy, constitution and importantly a leadership. Basically a fundamental requirement to be a Queen as soon as you possibly could."
Seulgi blinked her eyes several times, trying to digest all her advisor word whom she had met just yesterday. "I know that I am just being an heir apparent a few days ago, but it doesn't mean I need to be rushed like this. I can take some times."
"Your Highness, I fully understand your point but His—"   Before Miss Seunghwan could ever finish her word, Princess Seulgi had cut her first, "It is not like he will going to die tomorrow."
"Your Highness, I believe that your word is a bit... inconvenient to be used."
Seulgi got up from her seat, she began to reach Miss Seunghwan's hands, swaying her hands to make her dance with Seulgi. "Relax, Seunghwan. It just the two of us, we can talk freely or maybe you can drop the honorifics. We're at the same age, we can be—"
"Your Highness, I'm sorry to cut your word, but I believe His Majesty wants all the best for you."
"You're no fun at all." Sulking, Seulgi decided to shift her attention to her unfinished sketch. Seulgi liked painting since she was a kid. It was also a perfect distraction whenever she felt emotionally tired.
"Besides a proper lesson about that matter, I would like to pass on His Majesty order."
Seulgi stopped her sketching and shifted her gaze on Seunghwan. "What again now?"
"He would like you to marry as soon as possible."
Her jaw dropped, "What? Marriage?! I am freaking 18!"
"The soonest you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter