xiii. sense of self

kissed and cursed

The goddess marveled at her actions, a smug smile tugging the edges of her blood red lips as she stared seamlessly to the horizon, towards the floating island above her that was currently aflame.

 

“It’s almost time.” Shadows twirled around her extended arm, a bony finger shaking as it aimed towards Olympus. “The gods will fall, and there will only be myself left to rule.”

 

The sound of shuffling from behind made the ancient goddess pause.

 

“My lady, the plan is still continuing on. The Olympians have been taken by surprise and are now battling with our forces. Our victory is slowing to the absolute destruction of the gods.”

 

Her gold dress twitched amidst the shadows as she turned to her loyal follower. “So quick to murder your family?”

 

The male across from her was down on one knee, his head lowered. The battle left grime and blood on his tan skin, his bright blonde hair speckled with red. “For the sake of the future.”

 

The goddess laughed lightly, recognizing the line he had kept repeating even a millenia ago. “Yes,” she agreed slowly, eyes flashing gold, “for the future, indeed.”

 

She walked around, approaching the man who had yet to move a muscle. A sharp nail trailed his features, even scratching his cheek to draw blood. He did not react.

 

Her loyal dog kept his head down.

 

Grabbing his face to make him look up at her, the goddess cracked a feral grin. “You have proven yourself useful for the past millennia, dog. I expect you to finish what you have started.”

 

His gold eyes darkened, lips thinning to a line. “I am but a humble servant of my master.”

 

“Good dog,” the goddess cooed, smiling victoriously. “Now…” she raised a hand to bring out a shadow that showed the battle happening in Olympus, zooming in on the brunette standing in the middle. The poor thing probably didn’t have an inkling to whatever was going on. “..fetch.”

 

The male blinked twice upon the projected vision before nodding. A ring of fire began appearing around him, and the goddess stepped back to let her lapdog do his thing. As the flames began to connect to one another, the figure of the man in the middle began to dissipate.

 

She knew that he was then teleporting himself to Olympus to fetch his ward.

 

As the goddess turned back to face the burning island once more, she let out a cackle. “Soon, there will be no one and nothing that can stop me!”

 

~o~

 

Seulgi wanted to pride herself with fast reflexes during moments that mattered. Maybe it was a volleyball championship game and all of a sudden she was single handedly keeping the ball up whenever her teammates couldn’t. Maybe it was when Joohyun–sweet, careless Joohyun–almost went down the stairs because she was in a hurry, and Seulgi grabbed onto her arm before she fell. Maybe it was when the Baes found her by the stairs and wondered why she was there.

 

One way or another, Seulgi’s reflexes went ahead with her body before her brain could even comprehend what was going on. 

 

It wasn’t often that it happened, so she was wondering how she got herself to avoid Hermes’ outstretched hand when he appeared with a loud crack! inside Joohyun’s room.

 

Perhaps it was because it was just brief–his appearance. Seulgi was on her best friend’s bed, a laptop atop the sheets as the monolid girl did her homework. Her thoughts were in the midst of understanding how the mathematical formula made sense for the problem when all of a sudden her patron god appeared and tried to make a grab for her.

 

She yelped back, of course, just narrowly missing the god’s hand.

 

“Seulgi…! Hurr–” Hermes disappeared as quickly as he had come, but something about the panic in his voice and the quivering lip made her sit up. 

 

Was that…blood?

 

Seulgi waited with bated breath for her patron god to return, and perhaps give her an explanation to what was going on and why his face looked beaten up. She gathered her hands together in prayer, focusing her thoughts and questions to the Greek god in the hopes of receiving an answer. 

 

Maybe even just some semblance of acknowledgement.

 

She got nothing. She passed out from the fatigue of staying up, waiting.

 

When she woke up the next day to Mr. Bae shaking her awake, she had to bite her tongue to stop herself from asking where Hermes was. “I think I’m going to visit Wendy today,” was what she decided, packing up her clothes and leaving before the older man had even uttered a word.
 

With the anxiety of being clueless as to why and how her patron god was wounded, Seulgi trekked to Wendy’s house… to see police cars in front of it. Widening her eyes, she raced to the man in uniform that she recognized was her friend’s father.

 

“Mr. Son? What’s–what’s going on?” There was a sense of hilarity in the situation that Seulgi couldn’t stop herself from laughing hollowly.

 

The man turned slowly to Seulgi and she didn’t think it was possible to have her heart broken again. His eyes were red and the unmistakable dried tears on his cheeks fed the pit in her stomach.

 

“My little Seungwan,” his voice cracked as Seulgi fell to her knees with a broken sob, “is missing…”



 

 


 

happy april fools or whateva so here’s a preview?!?!?!?!?!

icb rv is turning 10 this year.... what if i start crying what then....