introduction.

Disrupting the quiet

There are people for everything in this world. What some tend to find boring, others enjoy. Some people, enjoy reading books and quiet places, like Sungyeon, that’s why when her parents told her they were looking for a helping hand to work at their library, she immediately offered herself. Her parents didn’t hesitate and accepted their daughter’s offer. Sungyeon could be trusted. That’s how she found herself working at her parents’ library everyday after class.

 

There was something about being surrounded by uncountable amounts of books that she loved; it was something she definitely got from her mom and dad. On busy days she spent the afternoon cataloguing and classifying books, and helping readers’ with their doubts. Meanwhile, on calmer days, she liked to read books behind the counter, occasionally stopping to attend someone, with a smile on her face. Going to college, working at the library after classes, getting back home, and repeat again. Sungyeon was a fan of routines and she liked her rather monotonous and uneventful life. Of course, some people found it really boring, like her friend Siyeon who constantly complained about how Sungyeon should go out more often and live her life a little. The librarian could only roll her eyes at the younger, saying she was happy with her life.

 

Opposite to Sungyeon, Yaebin was an avid supporter of living the spur of the moment. Have fun and worry about everything else later was her motto. She neglected her studies to go out with her friends and every weekend you would find her at a party. She was always joking and laughing and had a lot of friends. Her talkative antics earned her a handful of detentions. Sungyeon didn’t have a problem with that, it was Yaebin’s life and she could do whatever she wanted, but she didn’t want to have anything to do with her, they were too different. Starting a week ago, the carefree girl and her friends, Eunwoo and Jieqiong, decided it would be a good idea to go to the library everyday after college ended.

 

It was then when Sungyeon’s part time job at the library became hell.

 

 

 

 

–– this is a really short chapter, i'm sorry, but it's kind of an introduction. i hope you like it! comments and feedback are very much appreciated! have a nice day, y'all