Chapter 2

Shiver

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Clearing his throat he looked right and left before leaning in a little closer.

 

“It’s dangerous to even try looking for information, you know that. Our colleague had done nothing wrong and died just because I couldn’t shut up.” He slightly bit his lip, looking frustrated as he straightened again. “Clare is dead because I had to provoke him…” He whispered, looking towards the house. The pain and sadness that was showing in his eyes was nearly palpable for me.

 

I knew that Chansung had intended to lure The Slaughterer - like the media decided to call this serial killer - out with his words at a press conference. It had worked. Well, at first. There had been two attempts to kidnap the detective. However, Chansung was no idiot. He had always been able to control the situation and prevent to get abducted.

 

However, the last attempt had probably nearly revealed this bastards identity, and he had decided to take more severe measurements. I couldn’t find any other explanation to his change of behaviour.

 

A week ago I had been at the headquarters, trying to get more information out of that stubborn detective. I had tried to reason with him that I could help with collecting some information. He had stopped on his way to his car, arguing with me; just like we mostly did. What ticked him more off was the fact that he couldn’t leave on his usual time because of me. He was cursing at me for stealing his time when he marched towards his car. Just when he was reaching for the car door, an alarming peeping was heard.

 

I stood there wondering where this noise was coming from, but Chansung had already figured it out. He had tackled me just in time to prevent me and himself from getting blown up with his old car. I ended up with bruises all over my body and a blue cheekbone and eye. Chansung incurred a shoulder injury and bruises as well. However, we were still alive thanks to his fast reflexes.

 

We both knew that the serial killer now had changed his intentions. Instead of kidnapping and torturing him, he now had the plan to simply kill Chansung.

 

My informant had told me just hours ago, that Th Slaughterer had killed one of Chansung’s co-workers.

 

The lunatic probably wanted to take revenge on Chansung since he had been able to escape all his traps.

 

“I’m sorry, Chansung…” I muttered, gently patting his uninjured arm.

 

Turning his head, he grimly looked me in the eyes.

 

“This was the first and last time someone died because of me. You should keep your nosey out of this , Junho.” He growled at me.

 

I was leaning against the tree, completely stumped. The stoic looking detective was worried about me? The same detective who always bickered with me when I was asking for some new information, doing my job as a pushy journalist?

 

On the other hand, he had saved my life last week. I knew that he was a nice guy. But why was I so surprised about him telling me all this so openly?

 

“It’s my job to catch him and yours to inform the people. But, digging out information about a serial killer shouldn’t be your job.” He said through gritted teeth.

 

‘He really is worried…’ I thought while I felt my mouth falling open.

 

“What?” He snapped and instead of snapping back like usual, I smiled.

 

That seemed to surprise him as he warily looked at me.

 

“You are worried about me.” I stated, my smile growing.

 

“Stop smiling…” He muttered and looked down at me grimly. I on the other hand was still smiling up at him.

 

“So, you really are worried.” I stated, very pleased.

 

“Are you kidding me? That bastard wanted to blow up my car with me inside. He killed dozen if not more women and one of them was our trainee. Of course I’m worried!”

 

“That’s exactly why I wanted to talk to you.” I stated, looking left and right again and pulling him closer by the neck of his coat. “Don’t you wonder why he wanted you to burn?”

 

Chansung’s eyes wandered from my eyes to my lips and back up again. Out of reflex I my lips and kept staring into his mocha brown eyes.

 

“Of course I’ve wondered about that as well. I’m sure he would’ve found another way to kill me.”

 

“I have a theory, if you let me, I’ll tell you. Maybe it’ll help.” I offered, glancing past the tree. “But not here. I want to talk to you in private. Where no one can walk up on us and listen.”

I reasoned, tilting my head to the left. “My car is over there.”

 

“No.” Chansung calmly stated and I was about to throw a fit when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me along. “We are going to take my car. Is your place safe?”

 

My heart skipped a beat before I swiftly nodded, whispering a ‘yes’.

 

 

 


A/N: Hi there~

I know this is a short chapter again, sorry for that *sighs*
The next and last one will be longer~ Promise ^-^

Hope you'll enjoy it :D

Oh, and the foreword for my Chansung 'story' for the Brighter Days festival is up :)
I decided to write one-shots/epilogues for all my 2PM Brighter Days fanfics~
For 'Shiver' as well ^^
I would be happy if you would check it out :§