Chapter 1

Shiver

 

Chapter 1

 

 

It was freezing. And for the umpteenth time I scolded myself for leaving my apartment in such a rush. Now I was standing outside, after driving for half an hour, in front of the tape with a few other people that had gathered. Some of them were only wearing their pyjamas with a bathrobe and some slippers. A shudder ran down my spine just thinking of how cold they must feel. I myself was feeling cold and I was at least wearing some old jeans a T-shirt with a flannel shirt and my old black jacket. Nothing of it was warm, but at least I wasn’t staying in the cold with my nightgown. However, looking at their shocked and scared faces I figured that they probably didn’t feel the temperature outside. Glancing towards the house again I felt another shiver running down my back. This time, however, it wasn’t because of the chilly weather. It was because I mostly knew what had happened inside this pretty and well kept house. Stepping forward, trying not to get past the tape, I tried to glance towards the other side where the police cars were parking. I slightly nodded to myself when I spotted the slick black car that belonged to Hwang Chansung. He was most likely inside the house, trying to find anything that could bring him closer to his goal.

 

As soon as my informant had called and told me about the new murder I had grabbed my clothes and rushed out of the house.

 

I hadn’t been sure if he was coming, but somehow I had the feeling that even if he was feeling like currently, Chansung would come.

 

His urge to catch this crazy bastard was way too prominent to ignore it.

 

I could understand him and I shared this feeling with him.

 

This bastard was sick and simply crazy.

 

I was just about to look for my press card as I noticed some officers exiting the house. Moving along the police tape, I finally saw two tall men with black coats coming out.

 

They stopped in their tracks and talked a little longer with each other. I immediately turned and walked away from the crowd and towards the parking cars. I just had to talk with him. Ever since the accident I haven’t had the chance to speak with him and share my thoughts.

 

I was pretty sure that he would get angry, but right now I didn’t care. I just had to make sure that he got all the information I had found. Maybe he could use them in order to catch that crazy bastard.

 

When I saw Taecyeon Chansungs partner walking towards his car I stepped back into the shadow of a tree. I just couldn’t trust anyone expect of Chansung.

 

I couldn’t believe my luck as he drove away without waiting for Chansung and the officers had gone back into the house. The crowd as well, was reluctantly leaving.

Sightly glancing past the tree, I could feel my heart skipping a beat as the tall man was walking into my direction.

 

His expression was grim and he was slightly rubbing his shoulder. Apparently he had come despite his injury, just like I had thought he would.

 

“Chansung…” I called out once he walked past the tree. He turned around swiftly, stopping in his tracks as he recognised that it was me.

 

 

After he had looked me up and down, raising his brows he nodded towards me.

 

“Lee, it’s you. What a surprise to see you here. Is the media already informed?” He asked, shoving his hands into his pockets while stepping closer, hiding behind the tree with me.

 

“It’s Junho, I already offered you to call me like that. At least you’ve saved my life. And no, I’m here for private reasons.” I told him, getting a little angry, like I always did when he was near. He just made my blood boil.

 

“As far as I know you’ve saved my life as well.” He muttered while patting his injured shoulder again. “Private reasons? Is that why you’ve decided to come in casual clothes?”

 

“You know, I don’t always run around in a suit and tie.” I bit back, over my shirt a little embarrassed that I hadn’t dressed more nicely. But as soon as this thought crossed my mind I shook my head. I wasn’t here to go on a date with him.

 

“You know, after the incident last week, I thought a lot about that weirdo. I may have a few interesting things that could be helpful.” I started, not sure about his reaction. I was a little taken aback as he slowly nodded and didn’t get angry right away.

 

“Wait, your are not angry that I tried to dig out some information?” I asked, really stunned about his reaction.

 

He slightly furrowed his brows and raised his hand. It looked as if he was thinking of something else as he slightly over my left cheekbone that was still a little purple. However, as soon as his cold fingers made contact with my cold skin, he immediately pulled back, looking shocked about his action.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

First chapter~ It's all in all a rather short fic n I'll try to update the rest as soon as possible :DD

I wish our boys a HAPPY 9th ANNIVERSARY! They've come so far and I'm looking forward to many more years with them ^-^
I'm so proud to be their fan and I'm glad I'm able to write about those amazing men♥

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I'm not that good with crime stories, but I somehow enjoy writing those kind of stories lol

Thanks for readin :3

-Mone ♥