0.1

Our Little Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung wakes at the asscrack of dawn with a raging headache that only gets worse with each passing minute. He wants to blame it on the incessant chirping of the birds (or like his Papa likes to call them ‘the s of the morning’) outside his window but he knows it’s more likely due to the fact that he barely got any sleep (he’ll still blame the birds though). 
 


He rubs his eyes and groans pitifully when he sees that's it's only 5:30 am. His parents won’t be up for at least another three hours, possibly more if his Papa is able to get his way. Not that Taehyung blames him, it is Sunday after all and sleeping is the logical thing to do. Too bad Taehyung’s mind isn’t being logical at all (which honestly isn’t that surprising either). 
 


Taehyung whines and rolls around on his bed at a loss of what to do. Sleeping is out of the question, not when his head is racing a mile a minute at the thought of everything that could possibly go wrong today. There's so much at stake and he feels like he's gonna hurl all of last night's delicious tacos and probably his organs too while he's at it. 
 


It's 6:37 am when Taehyung's bladder has enough of his teenage love life crisis and rushes him off to the bathroom. Now completely awake and still with another good 2 hours to waste, if he's lucky, Taehyung marches downstairs to entertain himself with some cartoons. He's pretty sure SpongeBob can get his mind off of things. Maybe? 
 


He's terribly wrong. 
 


An hour later and Taehyung's not entirely sure what he's watched but it's okay since he's gone through every possible scenario of what could happen today. Luckily only two ended with him dying (he tries his best to ignore that almost all the rest resulted in him crying to some degree). 
 


Taehyung is still sitting in front of the T.V (he's somehow moved from the sofa to the floor) a good two hours later when he hears the soft pattering of what could only be his dad's feet. (His Papa is as quiet as a cat and Taehyung has never been able to tell when he's either coming down or going up, which Taehyung finds very unfair, especially when he’s trying to sneak out for late night snack runs with Jungkook.) 
 


After a couple seconds of silence Taehyung looks up to see his dad staring down at him, hands on his hips and a perplexed look on his face. 
 


“Tae, honey, what are you doing?” Jimin questions sleepily, itching his stomach and frantically trying to remember if Taehyung had an event today that he forgot about. (It wouldn't be the first time.) 
 


“Watching T.V., Dad.” Taehyung mumbles from the ground, watching in slight amusement as his dad frantically tries to remember something he didn't even forget in the first place. 
 


Jimin looks at the T.V, which is off (Taehyung had gotten tired of Spongebob’s entirely too happy laughter after the first hour) and then back to his son strewn oh-so ungracefully on the ground. Immediately Jimin can tell something’s off.

 


“The T.Vs off you know…” 
 


“Yeah dad, I turned it off.”


 

Something was definitely wrong. 
 


“Am I forgetting something?” Jimin questions, voice raising an octave in worry and Taehyung, have mercy on his kind soul, shakes his head no. 
 


“Nah dad. Nothing big happening today.” Except my death when I tell you guys the truth Taehyung thinks with a grimace. 
 


“Okay. Good. Well, I’m making chocolate-chip pancakes.” Jimin waits for a reaction and frowns when Taehyung closes his eyes in indifference. Chocolate-chip pancakes are Taehyung's favorite. Taehyung would do just about anything for chocolate-chip pancakes. Hell, he even once cleaned all the bathrooms in the whole damn house just so Jimin would make him pancakes. Kim Taehyung, (self

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter