Ordinary Day?

My Lovely Family

 

Note: Let me now show you how happens in life. This may be stressful but no worries I will soooooonnnn fill this with cute babies. So, for now, get to know the main characters first.

 

"Don't forget your wallet." Kihyun then handed Shownu's black wallet without looking at him. He was to busy putting his shoes. They were used to these situations so they know what the latter always forget.

 

"Keys." Shownu grabbed his wallet then he quickly grabbed the keys. When they were both outside he threw the keys towards Kihyun who caught it in mid-air. He even had his back facing Shownu when he caught it.

 

Their actions can be easily described as a routine by now. Every day they face the same problem and that's getting to work on time. They adapted to this horrible routine but in the end, it always worked.

 

They would wake up before their alarms and then they would take turns cleaning themselves in the bathroom. That would have been a great start but the only problem to their routine when it comes to the actual kitchen. You would think they have mastered being in sync now.

 

Sadly they have different food preferences in the morning. The hardest part is they only have one piece of every equipment you need to cook a specific dish. So they usually take turns cooking a dish while the other starts cleaning the equipment than using it again to cook his own dish.

 

Normally you would just buy another set of everything they use frequently but they can't. The money they earn isn't enough to buy anything new like that. It's just enough to buy them food, pays their rent or bills and occasionally some left over so they can buy something they want.

 

They graduated college but finding jobs is a lot harder than it looks. So, for now, they decided to find jobs that could actually pay their bills.

 

That's the only flaw in their routine after that the trip to the door is a lot smoother. Kihyun would usually grab Shownu's wallet from the table. Then he would hand it to him while putting his shoes. Shownu who was the first person to put his shoes on then opens the door while also grabbing the keys.

 

Kihyun would usually run ahead of him knowing his workplace is a lot further away. So he would toss it to him. So catching the keys was a piece of cake. This routine doesn't happen in a snap because they had 1 year to figure out the cooking problem and another year to figure out how to leave the apartment with the stuff they always forget.

 

×+×+×+

 

Kihyun ran as fast as he could seeing that he only has 30 minutes before his shift starts. All he needed to do is ride a bus and run a few meters and then he would be home free. Today wasn't having any of it. He was doomed from the start when he accidentally tripped when he ran.

 

"..." Kihyun landed face first to the hard cold ground. What made it worst was he tripped on a rock and people were just staring at him. He quickly got back up but regretting it the next minute.

 

"Aish!" He felt a jolt of pain when stood up. Kihyun knew he twisted his ankle and it hurts every time he took a step forward. His day just kept biting him in the because he only needs to take ten more steps so he can reach the bus stop.

 

So naturally, he it up and started to walk. Every step he took made him want to just collapse on the ground. He was limping badly but he knew that he needs to get to work if he wants to get paid.

 

He was sweating and suddenly he saw the blue bus pass him then stopping at the bus stop. This time he was determined to walk as fast as he can. The door swung open and the people started to hop on.

 

Kihyun mustered every strength he had and pushed forward. He was almost dragging his other foot as he keeps going. The last person got on and he started to panic so he decided to hop. The sweat on his forehead was trailing down his face. He swung his hands back and forth to gain more force when he jumped.

 

His hand slowly reached out aiming to stop the bus doors from closing. Inch by inch he saw the bus closing in. He was so close and he was so determined to set his aching foot on those steps and then finally...

 

Swoosh...

 

"..."

 

Kihyun fell down on his knees seeing that the bus drove away. He was so close getting on that bus but then reality hit him. The truth was he was so far from reaching the actual bus or even the bus stop.

 

He then looked behind him realizing far he actually walked. His mind may have been over the top because he actually just took 4 steps from where he originally landed. So with a gloomy face he, stared back at the bus stop knowing the next bus would arrive in 15 minutes.

 

He had an idea to just crawl towards the bench but he shook off that idea and got back on his feet. When he did arrive at the bus stop he quickly decided to sit down feeling exhausted. When his bum was about to come in contact with the sit...

 

"Kid, are you coming?" His once relaxed face turned gray seeing the bus driver looking at him. Without any other choice, he stood up again limping towards him. He keeps chatting ‘aiggo’ over and over again feeling like an old man having his back hurting with his twisted ankle making it harder for him to walk faster.

 

×+×+×+×

 

The bus ride was a big blur to him and when he finally got off he had to face one last obstacle. The place he worked at had this uphill road. So naturally, he had to think of a way to walk up there in under 10 minutes.

 

"Come on Kihyun you need the money today!" Kihyun encourages himself as he took a big step forward. He expected this horrible pain but miraculously he didn't feel any. He then looks at his once twisted ankle and tried to turn it. The pain vanished and his ankle was fine.

 

A burst of energy consumed as he ran up the hill. He arrived with 3 minutes to spear. He grabbed the doorknob planning to walk in but it won't open. Kihyun was to busy looking at his watch that he didn't realize the shop's light wasn't even open yet.

 

Ding.

 

He grabbed his phone hearing that he got a message. He was confused not seeing the shop open yet and it should have been open hours ago knowing that there were a lot of regular costumers waiting for them every morning. When he did open the message every once of energy that consumed him before fizzled away.

 

I.M

 

Thanks again for opening the shop. I owe you one. Glad that the boss was cool with it when we switched. Be there in few.

 

×+×+×+×

 

Kihyun then started taking orders as customers pile up. He was a professional at this point because he worked there for 3 years now. He showed his unique small smile to every customer as he worked at the register.

 

He worked fast as he took people's order and even made them. He was clearly in a tough spot when there are only two staff members but with Kihyun he can represent 3 staff members. The way he worked was fast and smooth so in no time the long scary line vanished leaving only a few customers left.

 

When he was faced with the last customers he can't help but overhear their conversation. They seemed to be too busy talking about something so Kihyun just waited for their conversation to end before he could ask them their orders. Plus their conversation was quite funny when he knew what's it about.

 

"Yeah, I love how they make this flower and even blend it with that blue pearl. I love it so much." A girl in a fur coat started to boast about some odd color as she stares at her nails. She then looked at the girl next to her with great pride in her eyes.

 

"Deabak and they even made those bubbles look so real." The girl next to her seemed shocked even wanting to hold the other girl's hand to examine it closer. She didn't t it might ruin her friends nail arts.

 

"But isn't it so expensive." They both stared at each other and laughed. Kihyun didn't know what’s so funny about that but he knows that the girls in front of him, for now, care how much money they spend.

 

Normally, he would be a bit annoyed but today was an exemption. He was still figuring out if his hunch was right but he had this feeling that he would be right. He may not like their attitude but he was rather interested in their conversation.

 

"Yeah but it's so worth it when you see the guy working on my nails." The girl then looked at the ceiling as if she was picturing the guy. Her friend went along and looked up at the same time still a bit confused.

 

"A nam ja?"

 

"Yeah, and he is so hot." A very dangerous flame was clear in her eyes and Kihyun bite his own tongue to hold back. He couldn't swallow down the crackle of laugh he might have unleashed. His eyes were a bit teary from how hard he was trying not to laugh at them.

 

"Heol, now I want my nails done." Her friend then admired her nails with disgust even though Kihyun could see that her nails have a different kind of art design. In the end, Kihyun had no match for how funny their conversation went.

 

He slipped and a small squeak ruined the two girls conversation. Kihyun was so red from holding his emotions that he looked like a red balloon still having his cheeks puffed out. He then gave an awkward cough as the two girls raised their eyebrows at him.

 

"What can I get for you?” Kihyun regained his composure and he quickly gave out his practiced smile. The two girls simply rolled their eyes as they picked their drinks looking at the menu on top of Kihyun's head.

 

"One caramel frap with additional whip cream and some..." Kihyun continued to take their orders but he zoned out making his body go on autopilot. His mind just can't help but go back to the girl's conversation. He might never realize it but at some point, Kihyun actually gave his real genuine smile when he handed them their recipe.

 

×+×+×+

 

"Ha...chu!"

 

"Oh sorry about that." Shownu kept sneezing for some reason and he didn't want the person in front of him to freak out about it. Luckily the beautiful girl in front of him was to busy drooling over him to be bothered by his sneezing.

 

"No worries." The girl in front of Shownu was simply stunning and some people would be envious that they both look good together. It didn't matter what she was wearing because Shownu didn't care. He only cares about her hands that felt so soft.

 

"Someone might be thinking about you." This girl was clearly flirting with Shownu. She would have twirled her hair and batted her eyes but Shownu was holding her hand. Shownu just gave out a smile feeling pleased that the girl in front of him seemed to look infatuated with him.

 

"I know I would." With a very obvious slip, she gave out a sly smile. Shownu didn't see it because he was to busy caressing the knuckles of her hand. This made her blush and smile at how his hands felt so rough and so gentle at the same time.

 

"What was that...?" Shownu looked up being totally oblivious to how hard this girl was trying to seduce him. He blinked a couple of times and raised his eyebrows to show he was puzzled and was signaling he dozed off.

 

"Oh, nothing." The girl in front of him bit her lips as she was looking at how quickly Shownu's expression turned serious. He was so mesmerized by her hand that he even squinted his eyes trying to look at every detail. He then gave a satisfied nod and then he looked at the girl with a charming smile.

 

"Would you also want to get our premium bubble design?" The girl was hypnotized by his charming smile that she didn't manage to understand. Her eyes just kept shooting him hearts and her mind was foggy with desire. Shownu then gave another nod getting a few types of equipment to work on making the bubble design.

 

"Yes, and you don't need to ask me twice." When Shownu's hand left her own a cold chill went down the girls back. She missed the warm heat that Shownu's had always given. When he got back, Shownu gently grabbed the girl’s hand once again. He then started to work on her nails like a professional.

 

"Of course you are our favorite loyal customer after all so I'm going to give you the option of trying our new blend of color." With a lot of experience, Shownu sweet-talked his customers. He always manages to squeeze out a smile then his customers never fail to amaze him.

 

Their willingness to spend a lot of money to get their nails done was hilarious. What made things interesting was how they overspend just to get some sticker or fake stones placed on top of their nails. Shownu was now a professional at this so it's no shock that there are a lot of customers lining up to get their nails down twice in a day just to get to see him again.

 

"And that is...?" The girl raised her eyebrow rather curious but also having that competitive flare in her eyes. Shownu then grabbed a couple of nail polish mixing then up to reveal this hideous slimy color of pale-ish blue.

 

"Blue pearl it's a unique and a bit pricey but I'm sure you would love it." Shownu knew this color was truly ugly and disgusting but if he could sell this to five of his customers then he could manage to pay their water bill. So he did his signature cool and model-like pose. He stared at her down with his smoky eye gaze as he leans a bit closer to his customer.

 

"I don't mind the price, but how long would it take?" The girl seemed to not be affected by his moves because she also leaned closer batting her eyes enjoying how only a few inches separating her lips from his. Shownu tried to collect his thoughts feeling he failed to make her say yes even though he already did his move with a combo of his hands caressing over her knuckles.

 

"Another hour..." Shownu never expected to meet another forward customer so he pulled out his secret weapon. He usually does this and the girl would usually act shy and just nod a couple of times. So he said those words with a very deep tone that made the girl in front of him have goosebumps.

 

"Call and take your time."

 

×+×+×

 

"Here is your double latte with 3 shots of coffee, 1 ice americano and one caramel frappuccino with additional whip cream." Kihyun then gave the two girls their orders. Those girls can't seem to keep their mouth shut about their nails that Kihyun had a hard time controlling his expression. So when he was finally done he just shook his head as he gave a small chuckle.

 

Time seemed to go by and in no time Kihyun saw the sunset. One good reason work at MX coffee shop was seeing the beautiful sunset. This was also the time where they close their shop. Nobody seems to go to their shop when the sun was setting and no one seems to know why.

 

"Thank you come again."

 

"Hyung what happened to you earlier?" I.M then appeared next to him holding a mop and a bucket. Kihyun then flipped the sign closing the shop. He then gave a quick glance towards I.M who was wiping the tables.

 

"So many things." Kihyun rolled his eyes having to see these quick flashbacks earlier. He then started to clean the floor with a very inhuman speed. He works fast and so those I.M when it comes to cleaning.

 

"You and Shownu hyung still haven't figured out how to cook your food." I.M gave out a playful smirk as he cleans the counter. Kihyun stopped what he was doing and he quickly gave I.M a dark glare.

 

"Not funny." I.M didn't seem to mind when he was used to it by now. He just loved to tease Kihyun when he knew the elder hated being stuck in a routine he can't fix. Kihyun then went straight towards the sink ready to clean the dishes.

 

"But no it wasn't because when I was walking..." Kihyun then began to tell the struggles he faced just to get to work that day. While he was doing so he was cleaning the shop. He knew he needs to maintain the cleanliness of the coffee shop.

 

"But I'm fine now and things are starting to get peachy." When his long painful story ended he finished washing the dishes. They both then started to organize the shop by restocking everything.

 

"Well hyung, you work fast so maybe the boss won't nag about what happened." I.M carried a bag of grounded coffee beans ready to pour it in a barrel. Kihyun was at the refrigerator counting the ingredients that are running out.

 

"I hope so..."

 

Ring...

 

Ring...

 

Ring!

 

Kihyun then jogged towards his phone that was charging on top of a stool. He then looked at the caller ID and he felt rather worried. This person had one hell of a job so he instantly knew that he might be in trouble.

 

"Minhyuk."

 

"Hii Khyuniiiii!" It felt like someone screamed his name using a megaphone and Kihyun regretted placing his ear flat on the speaker. He felt his ear ringing for a bit still feeling the impact. He shook his head a couple of times to get his hearing back.

 

"Aiggo how many times do I have to tell you not to use that voice?”  Any other normal person would have been mad and screamed at Minhyuk but Kihyun knew better.

 

"Sorry you know I can't help it." Slowly Minhyuk talked back with his normal voice. His voice was still high but it was bearable enough for Kihyun. He felt bad hearing Minhyuk hearing so down all of a sudden.

 

"Yeah, I know."

 

"So what's the matter?" Kihyun was a bit worried all of a sudden. He felt something off so he can't help but ask. He then heard a rustling sound and a little chuckle at the end of the line. This got Kihyun's curiosities and he was also a bit puzzled.

 

"You're at the shop right?" There was this mischievous tone in his voice that Kihyun recognizes all too well. This made Kihyun more curious to what Minhyuk was planning. So he played along still thinking there was a prank he might plan to pull on him.

 

"Yeah, why?" Kihyun was ready for whatever prank Minhyuk might pull but he wasn't expecting something else. Even though they met each other last week Kihyun can't help feel adrenaline pup into his veins with a mixture of excitement.

 

"Greet your favorite customer then."

 

Minhyuk was waving outside with his hands on the air as if he was far away. He had this huge grin and Kihyun couldn't help but shake his head seeing his friend. Even though his friend was a bit over the top he never fails to make Kihyun smile. When he did let him in his smile dropped when he heard the first words he told him.

 

"I need a favor..."

 

Important

 

Well, what do you think happens next? Love to read comments because that fuels my passion to write this fanfic. I will also answer your theories or questions if you are confused or curious.

 

Credits to my reader/editor

notApsycho