My Simple Life

My Lovely Family

Note: Some curse words that are both Korean and english. I promise this will be filled with cute babies but for now, let me introduce their story first.

 

"SHIBAL!!!" Kihyun ran out of his room rushing to the bathroom. As the door slammed shut, a guy stood near a counter staring at the rice cooker. After a few minutes later Kihyun ran out of the bathroom half dressed in his school clothes.

 

He was jumping with one foot as he was struggling to put his pants on. He kept chanting over and over again feeling stressed. It didn't take long for Kihyun to land on his bum with a loud thud. He successfully slip and miraculously put his pants on at the same time.

 

When he got up the only thing on his mind was rushing towards the door not caring that he might wear mixed pair of shoes or if he managed to wear his own pair. He already had a very bad mark on school and he wasn't about to ruin his life by not finishing it. He wasn't the worst students out there but he has a very hard time waking up and that may lead him to his doom.

 

Time was running out and so was his chance to graduate out of college. Yes, he was in college and sadly the only thing that might ruin his chance of getting his diploma was another mark of absence in his major class. Adrenaline was pumping into his brain making him do rash decisions but just by a loud sound made him snap back to reality.

 

"The rice is readdddyy...!"

 

A voice filled the room and it kept repeating that phrase. Kihyun was in his 'run for your life' pose but he then froze up. He then looked for the source of that voice and then things seemed quite off. The guy in front of him slowly opened the rice cooker and he sluggishly placed a few scoops of rice into a bowl.

 

His actions were slow and he looks half asleep. After a mountain of rice formed into his bowl, he turned around to place it on the table. That was when he got a good look of Kihyun. His eyes were a bit droopy looking as if he just got up having this bed hair to prove his hunch.

 

Kihyun was a mess but he could fix that on the way. At least he was ready to leave not like this guy who was wasting time. Kihyun realized what was happening and he panicked seeing that there was only 10 minutes before he was truly doomed. But it only took 3 seconds for 2 words to make him collapse on the floor.

 

"It's Saturday..." The guy who made the huge rice shaped mountain was now placing a plate of rolled up egg on the table. He then grabbed another bowl as he yawned looking tired. Kihyun was still on the floor with his hands flat on the ground having lost the rush of adrenaline before.

 

He didn't have any good sleep before because he went to different night clubs with his friends and his sunbaes. He looked like an anime character where the color faded around him almost having his soul float away. The guy walking around the kitchen placed the spoon and the chopsticks on the table that seemed to snap Kihyun back to reality.

 

He got back on his feet and every step he took could be an exact resemblance of a zombie looking for food. When he sat down a bowl of rice was placed before him. He almost teared up seeing this bowl of rice and he felt alive again. His stomach growled at the very exact moment. He then grabbed his chopsticks ready to get a piece of egg while he hurriedly said...

 

"Jal meogeotsseumnida!"

 

"Wait." The guy in front of him snatched the plate of egg before Kihyun got a piece. It was so fast that his chopsticks just happened to collide with the table making this sad sound echo around the room. Kihyun gave out a desperate groan.

 

"Waeee!" He was at his limit and this guy was pushing his luck. He was so hungry that he would have grabbed that plate even it means he had to bite of every single finger that was holding it back from him. He couldn't because he was still sleep deprived but if he wasn't tired then that plan would be his best chance of eating those eggs.

 

"You have hands so..."

 

"If you want more then make your own." What made matters worse was the guy picking up every single piece of egg but still leaving just one piece for him. Handing him that small piece with that satisfied yet evil smile made him over the edge with anger but he still ate it.

 

+×+×+×+×

 

"Yah!"

 

A loud shout echoed around the room but what Kihyun heard was a beautiful symphony. As he stood at the stove cooking eggs for the second time. He heard loud and heavy footsteps coming his way. He tried to suppress his laughter making a quick irritated reply.

 

"Waee!" Kihyun turned around knowing if he didn't then this guy would have shove him in anger. He was faced with a very bubbly looking guy but he wasn't actually happy because his face was red and he was clearly furious. He was in fact covered with bubbles indicating he didn't have time to rinse of the soap in his body.

 

"What happened to the hot water!?" He had one eye open because somehow the shampoo on his head was slowly sliding down his face. His body was covered in soap bubbles from head to toe. Luckily he had the chance to cover up some of his goods. A loose towel was around his waist while his other hand was gripping it tightly. His other hand was balled up into a fist looking like he was about to strike Kihyun.

 

"How am I supposed to know I'm not a ing heater." Kihyun placed one hand on his waist as his other hand was occupied with a spatula. He wasn't scared even though he clearly doesn't have a chance winning against the guy in front of him. He was used to it by now and this was his revenge.

 

"Yah!"

 

"You dare talk to me like that!" Kihyun wanted to throw the spatula at his hand when the guy in front of him was exaggerating. He keeps pounding the palm of his hand on his chest then pointing back at Kihyun.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry Hyung but I don't ing know why the ing knob is missing from the ing heater." He was getting annoyed but then again, he still managed to squeeze out another insult to make things worse. He then gave out an innocent smile before he turned around.

 

"Oh no wait." He gave a quick side glance but quickly turn back around as he turns the stove off. Kihyun then grabbed a plate and placed his fresh rolled up egg on the table. He then looked back at the guy giving him a death glare for making him wait.

 

"You have eyes so..."

 

"Try ing using them." Kihyun slipped back to his seat as he gave one finally evil smile at his opponent. A loud groan signaled his victory and his food tasted a whole lot better.

 

×+×+×

 

"Don't you ing dare touch my stuff while I'm away." Loud stomping feet soon fade away as the door slammed shut. Kihyun was sitting on the couch flipping around a few channels feeling bored out of his mind.

 

"I won't even dream of it." When he was sure that he actually left he went towards his room grabbing his phone. He quickly sends a text having this dangerous scheme on his mind.

 

Kihyun:

 

babe want to come over😉

 

My chajiya 💕:

 

On my way 😘

 

×+×+×

 

"Kihyun where's my wallet..."

 

If the door had that squeaking sound you hear in any typical movie then the situation would have a better outcome. Sadly they weren't living in a movie and the door just happened to open up so fast that the people inside didn't have enough time to collect their thoughts or their clothes.

 

"Shibal." Kihyun froze in place feeling his blood being drained out of his body. He was completely caught red-handed doing something truly despicable.

 

He was laying on the bed with a girl caressing his arm. He had his hand placed on her cheek as if he was about to kiss her. They didn't have a chance to make out or go any further when someone suddenly barged in and ruined their moment. What really made things worse for Kihyun was the room they were occupying wasn't his.

 

"Yah sekki-ya!" If Kihyun looked pale know the guy at the door may have absorbed his blood. His face was so red and even his ears were red that you can compare it to the darkest shade of red lipstick. The girl, on the other hand, perked up from her spot wanting to know who was rudely ruining her plan of seducing Kihyun.

 

"Shownu...?" The moment he heard her voice his mind went numb. Shownu gave a quick glance between Kihyun and the girl. His anger then went up to another level making this unimaginable horrifying look.

 

"Yuni?!" The girl couldn’t help but flinch from how she heard Shownu shout his name. It was filled with anger and disgust with a mix of confusion. This time she was the one who felt her blood turn incredibly white.

 

"Wait, you guys know each other?" This time Kihyun stood up looking down at Yuni. He knew where this was going but he just can't shake the possibility that he was wrong. He then looked back at Shownu with the same expression.

 

"She's my girlfriend," Shownu spoke up sounding irritated with everything that's happening. Finding his girlfriend on his bed looking as they were about to start something is not what he needed. He was already stressed this morning and know he had to face this problem.

 

"No, she's my girlfriend." Kihyun spat back a very harsh threat knowing this was going towards a very dangerous direction. He balled his fist knowing what to do if things really end up to .

 

"Well?" They both said the same thing as they stared down Yuni who was tensed up. She tried to speak up but she failed to stop them before she could say anything. There was no stopping them at that point and she was helpless.

 

"I...I...."

 

Kihyun marched towards Shownu with those dangerous flame in his eyes. When he was just a few inches from Shownu as he took the first step. With just one swift movement Shownu knew what to do next.

 

Kihyun gave out a numb expression as he stared back at Shownu who was now behind him. Yuni expected a fight to happen but she didn't see this coming. It might be worse than a fight and she wished they would fight over her. Today wasn't her lucky day and this may be the first time she ever faced a fate like this.

 

Kihyun did take a step forward but he didn't hit Shownu or even touch him. What he did was pass Shownu then he bends over grabbing Yuni's stuff especially the present he got from her. Shownu walked pass him towards Yuni who was bewildered that his once soft gaze turned into pure hatred.

 

Shownu grabbed her arm and he opened the door dragging Yuni with him. She was struggling in his tight grip and she clearly looked scared yet confused. She almost tripped from how fast Shownu was walking. He then opened the door wide open as he pushed Yuni out the door when he released her arm from his tight grip.

 

Kihyun then appeared next to Shownu as the older threw her out the door making her stumble. Kihyun then threw the stuff he was holding including the heels she wore towards her. The look on Yuni's face couldn't grasp what happened to her in a split second.

 

"Why are you doing this?" Yuni felt like a victim in this twisted situation. She even acted like the victim who was getting kicked out for no reason at all. She held her innocent act thinking she didn't do anything wrong.

 

"You have the ing nerve to ask that question." Shownu was the first to talk back knowing he was the first victim in this situation. He felt so disgusted that he ever dated a girl like her. But their conversation just leads him to the truth of how this girl was a horrible mistake from the start.

 

"Shownu, baby, you know Kihyun was just a fling..." Yuni gave another shot at looking innocent and being a fake victim. Shownu felt anger bubble inside him. All he wanted to do was slam the door on her face but he held himself back for some odd reason.

 

"I love you not him." Her eyes had this emerald shine that made Shownu want to puke. He knew that it was just her contact lenses but sadly one of her contact lenses moved every time she blinked. It looked freaky and he regretted loving those fake as contact lenses.

 

"He doesn't," Kihyun spoke up from behind. He had his arms crossed as an amused smirk formed on his lips. He may lack in height but he never seems to lack on crazy. He took a step forward know side by side with Shownu who had this blank expression.

 

"So will you just leave and your perfume smells like a dead old man so you might want to find another perfume to cover up your as lying stench." Kihyun pinched his nose as he waved his hand back and forth making sure he wore his signature annoying disgusted look. He was clearly pushing every right buttons to rile up Yuni.

 

"How dare you?!"

 

"Shownu, baby, did you hear what he said to me?" Yuni felt judge and pissed that someone like Kihyun had the guts to insult her beauty. Yuni knew how to play this game and lucky she knew Shownu was her deadly weapon. She had faced this situation many times before and never once she ever lost this fight.

 

"Loud and clear." Yuni gave out an evil smile as she clung to Shownu's arm. She felt that she was victorious seeing Shownu was acknowledging her. That sweet evil smile was harshly wiped off when Shownu removed her clammy hand away from his arm.

 

"Try ' away' so that horrible stench might cover up your fake attitude and your nose." Kihyun then quickly grabbed Shownu's arm copying what Yuni did. His actions, however, was exaggerated with his fingers pinching his nose making it look he was about to puke having to smell a horrible stench. Never has Yuni lost until she met Kihyun on this day.

 

"Yah mi cheoss oh!" Yuni had a fit and her face turned red. She was clearly a sore loser and even though it wasn't a game, she felt like she lost her gold medal to a small arrogant rookie. She was furious so she gave out her deadly glare to both of them.

 

"Yeah, he is a bit crazy." Shownu finally spoke up seeing that the scene in front of him was something he wants to join in. He took a quick glance towards Kihyun who was still holding on to his arm and he gave a few squeezes once in a while.

 

"Why aren't you doing anything...?" Yuni pointed out Kihyun and his disturbing action. This time he was pinching Shownu's muscles out of habit then rubbing them as if he was kneading a dough. Kihyun gave out a good few slaps and continued with his cycle once again. Shownu didn't have the normal expression Yuni had hoped. He was just calmly standing there as is no one was slapping him or pinching him.

 

"Well, I'm used to it by now." Shownu gave out a quick glance at Kihyun who was too distracted touching his arms to snap out of his own little world. Shownu then looked back at Yuni who was bewildered and still a bit furious about everything that's happening.

 

"Oh forgot to mention I'm his deadly handsome roommate." Kihyun snapped out of his trance and came back with another hot poisons remark. Yuni was shocked hearing about it because there could have been a chance that she could have walked into their dorm with both of them inside. But no matter situation they may end up in. The end results would still be the same.

 

"He is also my childhood friend that I always desperately want to strangle." Shownu spoke up having this small smirk as he glanced at Kihyun with this mischievous sparkle in his eyes. Kihyun smiled proudly as he also gave Shonwu a quick glance with this playful expression written all over his face.

 

"Hope that answer your question. Now go find another guy to play with and don't forget about the new perfume." Kihyun grabbed the doorknob and as he delivered his last spear of words, he also gave his last blow when he slammed the door shut. Kihyun and Shownu gave each other a glance and they knew what it meant.

 

×+×+×+×+

 

"Why do you keep doing that?" Shownu plops down on their couch as Kihyun sat next to him with a bowl of popcorn in hand. Kihyun lazily looked at Shownu who was reaching out to grab a handful of popcorn.

 

"Bwo?"

 

"I told you she would cheat on you." Shownu looked at him with this tired expression. In some very twisted fate, they were in they always ended up in this kind of situation or something similar to this. They could never meet good people that was their type so they ended up on the couch about to watch an all-time favorite series.

 

"Hate it when your right." Kihyun shook his head as both of them sighed at the same time. Kihyun grabbed the remote planning to watch their favorite series Monsta X-ray season 2.

 

Click

 

×+×+×+×+

 

4 years have passed by and their lives seemed to turn around. Things changes and so was their very harsh friendship. It was true when people could change when they were faced with making ends meet. They worked together to pay their rent and that seemed to stop their bickering.

 

"Hyung." Kihyun called out as he was searching the fridge. He wore a plain shirt and some black jeans. When he turned around he saw Shownu placing the utensils. He wore a black polo shirt with his black pants.

 

"Where did you put the kimchi?"

 

"I have it let's eat." Shownu gave out a calm reply even though he was about to be late. They both were running late but they promised each other they would eat together before they go. Everything seemed to be different over the years but what they didn't see coming was that one single event that may change their whole lives.

 

Important

 

A small taste of what's about to come in the future. They never started like any typical college roommates. The next chapter will explain why it's important to have that back story.

 

P.s Sorry it took me a while to update any of my fanfics but I have so many works to finish. I also have to run a business and I'm still in school but I'm trying to run all the operations regarding my business. Lol, it's complicated but thank you for understanding.

 

 

Credits to my reader/editor

《 notApsycho 》