My real life dating sim

Confessions of A Hardcore Fangirl
ilbEvkG.png

My real life dating sim.


Yongsun knew that she was nothing special. As a sophomore at university she never stood out positively. She was overall chubby, she didn’t put a lot of effort into her appearance either and the other girls all looked a lot prettier than her. It was okay. Because all she needed was her beloved Oppa’s love. Super Junior’s Sungmin was one of many men that Yongsun loved, yet he was reigning the kingdom of her heart. He was perfection. And that was the only perfection she needed in life. If there was something more she could ask of then it was this: A prince should be with the princess. But who was the one who decided that? If you asked Yongsun, she’d rather have her husband Sungmin ride into the sunset together with Kyuhyun.

“SCORE!“

The masses in the stadium were celebrating. At least the red crowd did, as Yongsun’s home university just scored another goal against Yonsei University. The blue masses on the other side of the field were angrily yelling at their opposition and Yongsun’s best friend Wheein was wooing like crazy. “GOGO KOREA UNIVERSITY!“, the young woman cheered and jumped up and down on her seat, just like the rest of the crowd. On the field the two who just induced the score gave each other a high five. Park Jimin and Kim Namjoon. Two of the most handsome guys of the Korea University soccer team. Jimin was a lot smaller than Namjoon but very muscular and he always managed to make his black hair look as if he left a hair saloon, even now when he was drenched in sweat. Namjoon was more of the tall and slim type of guy but he didn’t stood behind in looks, compared to Jimin. On the field he always stood out because of his crazy hair colors. Sometimes platinum blonde to mint green or even rose pink. They just looked like two idols.

Score.

Not their actual score. Score, to see those two like that. Namjoon was laughing as he very fondly gave Jimin a clout. The sparks around them were undeniable. Or so, Yongsun thought. Her whole face started to heat up as they even hugged brotherly, the rest of the team joining soon to celebrate the two players’ score.

“Oh my god, I might just die!“, Yongsun squealed, Wheein joining forces with her as she also noticed the life action bromance going on. That was exactly what Yongsun thought was perfection. A prince with another prince. Why couldn’t it always be like that? It should be like that. Exactly like that. “Lord, thank you for giving me this daily bread!“

“JIJOON UNFOLDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!“, Wheein screamed her lungs out and squealed like a crazy fangirl.

“Jijoon?! WHAT?! It’s Nammin! NAMMIN ALL THE WAY!“

The other students sitting around the two girls had no clue what they were talking about. But the girls totally got where they were coming from. They just had their ships sailing too strongly.

“Didn’t you see who was hugging who?! Namjoon hugged Jimin! So it’s Nammin!“, Yongsun argued agitatedly.

“It’s Jijoon! End of the discussion!“, Wheein still contradicted. “I mean, they’re tough servant and gentle prince-type characters, right?“

“Jeez, you just don’t get it, Wheein!“

“Right back at ya, Yongsun!“

Yes, it was pretty obvious. Yongsun and Wheein were absolute fangirls. They were trash. And nothing would ever stop them. There was nothing that they loved seeing more than hot guys getting along. And they were totally pairing up anyone, they didn’t even need a real connection. Their imagination was more than enough to pair them. Any chance they got, they paired them. This was their way of life. And so, Jimin and Namjoon were no exception.

“We should totally take a picture. Go, go!“, Wheein suggested and a giggling Yongsun was soon up from her seat to get her way out, so she could move over to the balustrade to take a hot shot from her resident favorite ship.

“Hey, watch out!“

During her attempt to move through the rows, Yongsun actually got caught at one of the seats and accidentally tackled one of the guys sitting there. A freshman, his big doe eyes making him look younger than he actually was. He was one of the more handsome ones, his light brown hair most of the time neatly combed, yet looking fluffy like a soft cushion. Yongsun knew him. Jeon Jungkook. She met him during his first weeks when the sophomores of the freshmen committee helped the new students out a little. Jungkook snorted quietly, mumbling something like “…damn fatso“.

“What did you just say?!“, Wheein got all protective, when she noticed him mumbling but Yongsun grabbed her hand and dragged her along. “What an ! Pretty boys are freaking cocky these days. Douchebag!“, she complained further when they were close to the balustrade.

“Isn’t it better this way, though?“, Yongsun asked and her cheeks once again heated up. “The snootier a pretty boy is, the yummier he is, am I right? And did you see the other pretty boy he was with? That was Taehyung, they’re always together! Always!“

Her friend took a little to calm down again but once she was hooked, she was fully into it. “You’re right.“, she admitted and started giggling in her typical erted manner. “The colder he acts, the hotter he gets!“ The two girls went on giggling for a while, armed with their phones, taking snapshots of the guys playing on the field. They completely indulged in their fangirlism and didn’t notice someone approaching.

A pretty boy, older than them, tall and slim but with broad shoulders and handsome enough to have the other girls swooning in no time when he moved down the stairs to get to the balustrade as well. He squatted down right next to Yongsun and like a monkey he started plucking something from her red sweater. “Eh?“ Wheein noticed him first.

“Hi!“, he greeted her when he noticed her shocked face staring down at him as he put the stuff he plucked from Yongsun’s clothes in his mouth.

“Seokjin-sunbae!“, Yongsun greeted him and the two smiled brightly at each other. “What are you doing here? And what… oh!“ The pretty guy pointed at her sweater and there she noticed what he was actually eating. She had smashed a ton of chips on her sweater when Namjoon had hugged Jimin and now Seokjin was eating the leftovers. He was a little weird, she had to admit that. But he was a very lovable guy. “Wheein, this is Kim Seokjin, he’s a senior and we’re both in the gourmet club.“

“Gourmet club?“

Seokjin chuckled. “It’s like a cooking club. Just that we also try foreign dishes and sometimes go out to eat only, too.“

Wheein eyed the two shortly. “Huh. Guess, I should join the gourmet club, too.“


The game was soon over and to the Korea University students’ delight, their team won the match. Everyone was on their way out with Wheein and Yongsun taking a little longer since they were going through their photos and again arguing if it was Nammin or Jijoon.

“I have a funny idea.“, Wheein suddenly said and looked at Yongsun with her eyes full of glimmering expectation. Sometimes Wheein had that certain expression when once again her fangirl brain worked out something brilliant. “We could totally wait for the guys to come out and talk to them. We’re taking some of the same courses as them, can’t be too bad then, huh? It’s an opportunity to get some shots from close-up.“

Yongsun thought about it for a little but then nodded. She was right. It wasn’t like they didn’t know each other. More like they never talked to each other. But sometimes you just had to do what you had to do to get the right shot for your fangirl collection. “Alright, let’s do it.“

The girls were lucky when they were waiting at the entrance for the players to leave the stadium. Namjoon and Jimin were accompanied by some of their team mates and friends, towels hanging around their necks as they were smiling brightly over their latest win.

“H-Hey Namjoon! Jimin?!“, Wheein called and the group stopped and looked a little confused at the girl who just addressed them. “We’re here to congratulate you! You did well today!“

Namjoon smiled gently at her and thanked her, but Jimin…? Jimin just pulled a typical Jimin. As soon as he saw Yongsun he couldn’t hold back. “Oh damn, it’s the human cushion!“ The tall guy next to him stiffened immediately and threw a perplexed expression at him.

“H-Human cushion?“, he muttered, the rest of the group around them starting to laugh about Jimin’s rude act.  “J-Jimin, that’s not okay, man!“ Jimin himself laughed loudly until Namjoon grabbed his ear and pulled him closer. “C’mon, man! Stop being so unfriendly!“ The smaller guy instantly pouted at him.

JACKPOT.

Yongsun’s mouth dropped open, saliva running in it. Oh. God. Damn. Nammin was back. “Sorry girls. But thank you for your support! See you in class!“ The group left the two girls behind, Yongsun’s head still on cloud Nammin, her friend less happy.

“What was that? The only good thing of Jimin sure thing is his looks. He’s a rude idiot. Don’t let it bother you, Yongsun.“

“It’s okay.“, Yongsun told her and then put her arm around the girl. “But did you notice? Namjoon apologized even though it was Jimin who was being rude. That’s it! They’re a couple! They’re the real deal! Oh my, oh my. I’m getting too much of it!“

Wheein couldn’t help but frown, even to her it wasn’t enough to make the situation any better. “Sometimes you maybe should let it bother you at least a little…“

Seriously. Even if there was ever a hot guy going after Yongsun… his feelings would be wasted on her, to her the connection between hot guys meant so much more. A prince should be with a prince after all. Her happiness came from peeping on the sidelines, not bothering them. That’s where she belonged.


Like that a very great day was about to come to an end and when Yongsun was back home, her hair up in a messy bun, she was ready to read some more Kyumin fanfictions before falling asleep and dreaming of her beautiful husband as so often. As she had her phone in her hands, the first thing that struck her eyes was the trending news. And to her they were no good news at all.


Super Junior Sungmin getting married to Kim Saeun. —

 

What?

WHAT?!

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!“




“Yongsun? Yongsun! Kim Yongsun, finally get out there! You’ve closed yourself into your room the entire semester, it’s time to get out and go back to university!“ Yongsun’s mother was standing in front of the locked door, constantly knocking against it. Her daughter barely left the room and she neither came out to eat anymore. The helpless mother was patient enough to leave her something to eat in front of her door every day but even that Yongsun barely touched. “Stop shutting yourself in like this and come out! You’re not even eating. Goodness…“

On the other side of the floor Yongsun’s older brother came out the room and his mother immediately asked him for help. “Yoongi! Do something, will you?“

Yoongi yawned, scratching the back of his silver- dyed hair and then half-asleep e of his ear-piercings around. “Huh? You want me to do what?“

“Don’t ‚Huh‘ me! Aren’t you worried about your little sister?!“, his mother scolded him.

Yongsun’s brother just got more annoyed by it. “That fatty’s such a pain in the …“ He stopped in front of the door and looked at it for a moment, before he violently kicked it open. “Hey, fatso! Get your out of bed! Take a bath, eat and go back to university! Holy , your room stinks!“ The guy walked to the bed and grabbed the blanket under which the picture of misery which was no other than Yongsun was hiding. “You’ll die if you keep living like this, fatty! Don’t give me that crap! Stop being a headache for mom! C’mon!“

In no time the blanket was gone. And both, Yoongi and his mother were silenced at once.

“Fine…“, Yongsun gave in and whiningly got out of bed. “My hair’s all oily and I probably smell bad… I’m going to take a shower.“  Her mother and brother watched her in silent shock.

The rest of the semester had passed… and Yongsun had missed a load of classes but her grief was real and that had to be respected. She was lucky, nevertheless. Due to her stress and depression she at least had gotten a doctor’s certificate stating that she was sick. Nice Doc. Nam. Without him she’d have a serious problem.

The shower felt astonishingly refreshing even though it was so hot. It felt as if Yongsun was washing of pounds and pounds of fat and oil from her hair and when she wiped the steam from the mirror and looked into the mirror…

“MOOOOOM!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! THE MIRROR! THE MIRROR IS BROKEN!“



It… It just couldn’t be. During the semester that Yongsun had missed, she had lost so much weight that none of her clothes fit her anymore. She had gone from a plus size to the average skinny Korean girl, something she had never imagined to ever happen. Her mom instantly had sent her to a hair dresser and also tried to teach her how to apply make-up but it still didn’t work out for Yongsun too much. So she stuck to easy foundation, a little powder, simple lipgloss and a little mascara for now. It felt sticky, though. Make-up wasn’t comfortable. And she didn’t feel comfortable. Especially not when she entered the campus again, looking completely different. Yoongi and her mother didn’t manage to get Yongsun to wear a skirt. But the tight jeans and the white blouse were enough to make the girl feel alienated to everything. In the security of her now more than oversized college jacket, she always used to wear even when the freshmen were laughing at her as seniors weren’t common to wear those anymore, she hurried over the campus while people started to stare at her. It just felt unreal.

When she finally made it to her next lecture’s room, people looked up when she entered. “Is she knew?“, she heard some fellow students asking. People kept staring and Yongsun regretted not staying at home a little longer.

“Wheein!“, she exclaimed and ran over to her friend when she spotted her on one of the seats. “Wheein! I’m so sorry I haven’t been in touch! But Sungmin! Sungmin got married!“

“Wait… is… is that you Yongsun?“, Wheein asked and all the people staring at the two were totally freaked out.

“What?! No way! That’s you, Kim Yongsun?!“ A bunch of students was already besieging her and the grape of humans just grew bigger and bigger. “But how?! What?! Impossible!“

From behind someone was grabbing Yongsun’s wrist and pulled her out of the masses so she could breathe freely again. To her surprise the certain someone who rescued her from the curious masses was no other than Namjoon. “Could you all just chill and leave her alone for a bit? The girl can’t even breathe.“, he told them and as authoritarian as he sounded, everyone obeyed to his order and the grape dissolved step by step. “Are you okay?“

Yongsun shortly blinked at Namjoon. “I…uhm… thank you.“ Still confused, she tried to give him a smile.

“Wow, that’s how much you can change just by loosing weight and putting on some make-up? Yongsun got cute. Unreal.“, some other guys close by were talking about her, watching how Namjoon was talking to the newest source of interest. Jimin was sitting with them, frowning as he eyed her from head to toe.  He was speechless. She had changed a lot… and actually looked… pretty. Pretty awesome. The human cushion had turned into someone he considered cute. “Jimin? Are you listening? Hey, Jimin?“ One of the guys waved his hand in front of his face to gain back his attention.

Jimin snorted. “That’s crazy. Seriously?“, he mumbled and then raised his voice so everyone could hear him loud and clearly. “She’s a hottie now, so what? Don’t forget what she used to be. You know… a disgusting fatso. Bet she underwent plastic surgery, getting rid of all of the fat on her body. Pffft…. pathetic.“ He laughed voicing out his thoughts, Namjoon like last time looking at him in shock about his sudden outburst of ry.

Yongsun was frozen on the spot. Of course people started talking. All of a sudden Yongsun had become someone the masses noticed. She never wanted to be one of those. She was happy being the unnoticed one. People had made fun of her being chubby. But it was okay. She knew she had been chubby. It was the truth. But Jimin was stating some very hurtful and false accusations that hit her where it hurt the most. So what she did was running. Running from the place where she suddenly was a someone, while tears were running down her cheeks.

“, Jimin, you made her cry!“, Namjoon barked at his friend.

“!“, Wheein commented.

“You’re the worst!“, the others were also starting to bash Jimin, knowing that people like Namjoon and Wheein were judging him for his behavior, too.

Outside Yongsun was rushing through the hallway, her hot tears making her complete vision blurry and then the inevitable happened. She crashed into someone. Or better said, she crashed into someone and let his back of the head make aquaintence with the closest wall.

“OH MY GOD, JUNGKOOK!“, Taehyung was shouting as Yongsun had crashed into his friend and both were lying on the floor.

“The heck… you stupid klutz, take ca-“, Jungkook complained almost immediately but stopped when he saw the face of the person that had caused him the pain he was feeling right now.

“J-Jungkook… I’m…I’m sorry!“, the girl said and quickly got up again. She wanted to hurry away but Jungkook reached out for her and stopped her by pulling her back by her arm. “W-What?!“

He earnestly looked at her, Taehyung next to him having a mixture of confusion and complete objection displayed on his face.“You…you also fell. Are you alright? Are you hurt?“ 

Yongsun frowned. Jungkook… an aloof guy like Jungkook… was being nice to her? Did he hurt his head that badly? The girl looked closely at Jungkook, wondering if he was suffering some serious concussion or similar. Taehyung as well, crossed his arms and examined him skeptically.

“Are you guys alright?“, someone else threw his hat in the ring. Seokjin. He had two plastic bags with him, full of groceries. He probably went shopping for the student club earlier and was now on the way to the club room. “Oh, Yongsun… you’re okay?“

Jungkook’s eyes grew bigger than they already were. “W…Wait…did you… did you just… her name…?“

“Kim Yongsun.“, Seokjin answered calmly, his eyes full of confusion as the freshman asked about it.

“K-Kim Yong…Yongsun?“, Jungkook repeated and slowly got up from the ground. He looked at Yongsun for a brief second before he ran away, Taehyung irritatedly following him. “THIS CAN’T BE!“

Seokjin and Yongsun watched the two boys run away. “Hmm…I guess I changed so much, he didn’t recognize me.“

“I suppose you’ve gotten a little thinner, but it’s easy to tell who you are.“, Seokjin insisted, his eyebrows raised as he was thinking about it.

Yongsun giggled a little. “You’re the only one who knew it was me right away.“

“But why is that so? You’re still you after all.“, Seokjin wondered and shrugged.

That was right. Yongsun was still Yongsun. No matter how many pounds she had lost or how many pounds of make-up she had sticking on her face. Nothing had changed.



After a long day full of classes and the weekly visit to the gourmet club, Yongsun was glad she could head back home. But she didn’t reckon with some people having other plans for her.

“Hey, Yongsun! Would you like to see a movie with me next Sunday?“

Namjoon had waited for her in front of the club room and when he asked, she didn’t know what to answer. Did Kim Namjoon just ask her out? He was smiling friendly at her as he waited for her answer.

“Namjoon, you son of a-! Hold on, man!“, Jimin was shouting and rushed over to the two, too. “I’m the one that’s-“

“Yongsun-sunbae!“

Jungkook was the next to show up. He was out of breath, he probably had run from the Taekwondo club room all the way to the gourmet club room. “Yongsun-sunbae, may I talk to you for a minute?!“

The three were all staring at her, the pressure being way too real for her. Yongsun took a step back into the club room, bumping into Seokjin who was about to leave the room himself. “Oh… what’s the matter?“, he asked as he noticed the three male students looking at her in determination.

“I was asking Yongsun to see a movie with me.“, Namjoon bluntly explained to their senior.

Jimin snorted. “Quick to make the first move, as always. I was going to ask the same thing!“

“I…I wanted to apologize for my rude behavior earlier.“, Jungkook muttered. “But if everyone’s asking her out, I want to do it, too!“

Seokjin irritatedly looked from the guys to Yongsun who was looking for help in him. “…so should I ask you out, too?“, he wondered which made everything worse for all of them. Yongsun completely lost faith in everyone while the others felt attacked by being exposed to a rival like Seokjin.

Oh yeah. Nothing had changed…





“No. No. That’s a no, too.“

Wheein was going through her entire wardrobe, throwing dresses, skirts and pants through her room with Yongsun sitting on her bed, waiting for her friend to pick an outfit for her. Since Yongsun didn’t own a lot of clothes that were still fitting her, there was no other option than lending some from her best friend.

“Bingo! Wear this!“ Her friend suddenly waved with a pink skirt at Yongsun which the girl faced with blank terror. “No whinning! You’re the one who asked me to lend you some clothes!“, Wheein told her and threw the skirt towards her to go on looking for a matching top. While she was going through her blouses, she sighed and sounded all aroused. “Oh lord… you on a date…“

“Do you really think it’s a date?“, Yongsun asked, getting out of her jacket. “I somehow ended up going with all of them… How on earth did this all happen all of a sudden?!“

“Sounds like a real life Dating Sim.“, Wheein commented. “I can’t blame them, though. You really are cute. Who could leave someone like you alone then?“ She shrugged and threw a cute pullover at Yongsun, her friend quickly getting dressed into the new outfit. “How’s it?“

Yongsun looked uncomfortable in Wheein’s clothes but it was questionable if it was because it didn’t fit her or if it was because she wasn’t used to wearing skirts. Even during Middle- and Highschool Yongsun had managed to go around the skirts for girls rule by wearing her comfy joggers underneath.

“Don’t make such a face, you have to make someone your boyfriend soon!“, Wheein laughed it off but Yongsun just looked all the more whiny.

“I don’t know if I can do this, Wheein…“

“Kim Yongsun! It’s your duty to find yourself a boyfriend! A scar created by a man can only be healed by another man! You have to replace Sungmin in your heart, my friend.“

Once again the hardcore fangirl was reminded of how the man of her dreams just got married to another woman. “Oh no… my Sungmin- OPPAAAAAAAA!“, she cried out, yet Wheein was right there to build her up again.

“Get fired up for a new genre, Yongsun: the boyfriend. You can do it! This is your very own real life dating sim!“, she tried.

“But real life’s an impossible game! I can only do 2-D!“, Yongsun whined further. “You’re the one to talk that easily about it when you don’t have a boyfriend yourself!“

Suddenly Wheein was all quiet. “Wheein?“

Her friend’s face turned into a wide and apologetic grin. “Yeah, about that… I… pretty much started dating someone.“

“WHAAAAAAAT?!“

“His name is Hoseok. I met him when you were gone for the rest of the last semester. He found me wandering alone across the campus and asked me out for a cup of coffee. That’s how it happened.“ She shrugged as if it was nothing but Yongsun grabbed her shoulders and started shaking her violently.

“AND THAT’S SOMETHING YOU TELL ME NOW?!“

Wheein laughed. “Hey, c’mon, you didn’t even tell me you would be gone for months! How was I supposed to tell you? You basically disappeared from the earth’s surface.“ She had a point. A valid one. No chance to complain about it.

“… does your boyfriend know that you’re a fangirl?“

“No way! He doesn’t have a clue. If he knew, it’d be over.“ Talking about that it reminded her of something very important. “Right… you’d best keep that under wraps, too. You know… guys don’t like it that much when girls of our age are into idols.“

Alright. No fangirling for just one day. Sounded doable.




It wasn’t doable. Not at all. Yongsun knew when she was standing behind a corner, staring at the four guys waiting for her in front of the MEGABOX movie theatre in the COEX Mall. Each of them was handsome, even people passing by noticed. All that Yongsun could see were couples, though.
Namjoon and Jimin were standing next to each other, just like Seokjin and Jungkook. It looked like a double date of two best friends and a hot sunbae-hoobae relationship going on between Seokjin and Jungkook.

This was bound to become Yongsun’s very personal hell on earth.

No fangirling. Just one day.

She’d suffer. Much.