F

If It's You

 They arrive at the restaurant sharp at 8 o’clock and Nayoung is wondering if there’s something big happen today because why would her mom wants them to eat outside when they can eat at home and have a better meal. Curiosity has been killing her and a lot of thing came in her mind. ‘Celebration?’ She shook. Before she could prolong her thought, her mom called her and she walks to the restaurant.  


 Sitting in a fancy restaurant makes Nayoung feel uncomfortable with the extravagant menu. How can her parents have a dinner at such a place. ‘I would rather have mom's dinner.’ She thought but wondering why does her parents want to eat at this place. 


 Nayoung sits next to her mom while her dad sits in the middle of the table, leaving four more seats unoccupied. That makes Nayoung wonders again, why does the chair has more than two. 
 A little while later, Nayoung’s mom and dad stand up to greet their friends. Nayoung fiddles her fingers until her mom called her, asking Nayoung to greets her mom’s friend. 


 “You have such a lovely daughter.” Nayoung smiles awkwardly at the compliment because no one has compliment her like that. Her mom asks Nayoung to move to another seat and let her friend sits next to her and continue chatting with her friend or should Nayoung called, Mrs Jeon. Nayoung saw his dad's friend coming with two guys wearing a shirt with a tie while the other don’t have tie on. ‘It could be his sons.’ She thought.


 The younger sits in front of Nayoung while the other sits next to him but Nayoung couldn’t see his face because he’s playing with his phone. The other guy nudges the younger to greet the family. Nayoung looks at the other guy and something’s familiar with him. Then, she remembers that this guy was her senior. 


 The younger looks up and greet the family. Nayoung’s breathe hitched looking at the guy in front of him. She feels like her world has stopped seeing this guy is in front of her. “Jung… kook?” She whispers to herself. Jungkook looks at Nayoung after greeting the family and smile meekly. 


 Nayoung replies the smile and her heart beats. ‘How in the world my parents know his parents and how can I be sitting in front of him in this restaurant?’ She thought. Then, she heard Mrs Jeon sighs. “Jungkook, can you stop playing with your phone, please?” Jungkook obliged and look at the girl in front of him. Nayoung looks at Jungkook and their eyes met. Nayoung quickly avert because she’s too nervous seeing Jungkook here.

 After dinner, waiting for desserts, Mr Jeon finally has something to say. “I’m sure Nayoung is curious of why we are here, right?” Nayoung nods and listen to Mr Jeon. “I’m here to tell you that, Nayoung will be married to one of my son.” Mr Jeon looks at Nayoung then move to Jungkook. Nayoung widened her eyes and become nervous. She looks at Jungkook and she saw Jungkook's face fell. Of course Jungkook is upset because why would a junior like him marry someone who’s not beautiful and old like her. He deserves better.

 “At first, Joongki, Jungkook's brother was supposed to get marry but since he has a girlfriend already, we replaced it with Jungkook." She's nervous hearing those words coming from Jungkook's dad but why would his parents do that?

 

 After a long and unexpected dinner, they finally leaves the restaurant. Nayoung is happy to hear the  news but 'Why would Jungkook accept this unwanted marriage and not argue?' So many questions come in her mind that can't be answered. She sighs. "I'm giving myself a fake hope again." 

 

 

 

Nayoung is in her class, waiting for her friends to come. She draws something on a blank paper but messed up because her friends disturb her. "You got me." Her friends laugh. "Were you dreaming, Nayoung?" Her friend smirks and was asked by one of her friend  named, Suhye. Nayoung shook vigorously. "No, I did not." Both friends laugh hard because Nayoung's face say it all. "You know we can see through your face, Nayoung." Nayoung blushed and her friends surround her. "Do you know what?" Her friend named, Minah said. Nayoung shook her head. "I've heard Jungkook's brother is going to be a practical teacher for a while in this school." Hearing Jungkook's name makes Nayoung focus. "Where did you hear that?" She asked. "We heard all the teachers are talking about that."

 She sighs unconsciously, remembering last night incident. Jungkook's brother was so nice to her and she doesn't know what to do also Jungkook's brother is going to be a teacher in this school is something that she wants to avoid.

 

 Lunch came and Nayoung is spacing out. Then, her friends come bringing the food. "You know, we don't have a lot of time to daydream." Her friends chuckle and that makes Nayoung realises. She pouts. Nayoung picks the chopstick and start eating but stop halfway when she heard Jungkook's name. "He was right in front of me just now. Unfortunately, Nayoung wasn't there." She sighs and continue eating.

 "I have something to tell you guys." Nayoung said and both friends sense something serious

 

 Minah had to leave first, leaving those two at the bus stop. Nayoung and Suhye are talking with each other when suddenly Suhye stops, telling Nayoung that Jungkook is next to her. She turns to look at Jungkook but their eyes met. She quickly avert her gaze afraid to look at him. 

 "Hi." Jungkook greets. Suhye and Nayoung are surprise to hear Jungkook greets Nayoung. But Nayoung didn't reply his greet and leaves Jungkook along Suhye. 

 "Okay, bye."

 

 

 

 

Finally second chapter updated! Enjoy!