Beep Beep

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

 

Jessica's phone has received thousands of notifications since the last she talked with Taengoo to notify her that she will see her again in another hour. Other than notification from this one app, she also received hundred phone calls, video calls, and messages from her friends, family, and some unknown caller. Regretfully, she's unaware of any of that due to her phone was set to silent mode. It's always silent mode option while she's working. Because all her staff that she wanted to talk to was within her reach and in the ballroom. Little that she doesn’t know, this choice of hers gave her a big trouble now.

 

The mayor just left the venue, leaving her and Angela to converse more freely. Only after she got a chance to talk with Angela, it became evident, the event staff were still checking on her.

 

Her dress that she wore tonight, it didn't look too striking or revealing to make anyone pay attention on her that much. She dressed properly. Six-inch light pink high heels matched the colour of her three-quarter sleeve round neck midi dress. It's a slim fit. But not revealing. Her hair was set in loose curl, and she placed them on her right shoulder. Taengoo was her great hairdresser. She helped to blow dry and did the loose curl while she puts a light make-up and lipstick on her face.

 

That sweet little devil didn't choose the dress for her. She chose by herself. Because Taengoo said, anything she picks, she's still looking elegant and authentic like a goddess. Taengoo with her ‘goddess’ word is equal to infinity, Jessica thought. She chants that word mentally and verbally hundred times within a day. If she's not a goddess, she's her gorgeous. Magically, the word never failed to flaunt Jessica.

 

Truthfully, seeing more people paying attention to her makes her feel a little uncomfortable. Not only her staff, but from Angela’s closest family member who is still around and about to leave from the venue. She pushed whatever thought that she had. Not that she had a lipstick smudge on her face. She went to the bathroom and did a little touch-up before coming to the ballroom each time after she kissed Taengoo. Wendy even confirmed it when she checks with her. No lipstick smudges.

 

What Angela announced, really terrified her. It brought huge anxiety. She was alarmed about two things.

 

The first shocking news was about her parents have been invited by the mayor to the birthday party. She didn't catch a glimpse of them throughout the night. Obviously, the ballroom was spacious, and she didn't pay attention to any guest that coming to the place other than the mayor and Angela's family. Her other reason was because she was so busy every half an hour checking her adorable human that she felt guilty to left alone in the presidential suite. After Angela’s news, she tried to scan the ballroom, but her parents were not around at that place. She remembers that she didn't see them during the mayor's departure as well. She assumed that they were still mad with her choice to date Taengoo instead of finding a guy like what they asked her during their last met. Maybe they went back earlier because they don't want to bump into her, she thought.

 

The other second shocking news that she heard from Angela was the congratulatory message about her engagement. She didn’t plan to let Angela know about it yet. Because she wanted to inform Krystal first.

 

"How did unnie know I have been proposed by Taengoo?" Jessica had a perplexed expression on her face. Her phone that she held feel so warm since awhile ago. It's so weird, she thought. She never feels her phone like that before. "I haven't told Krystal about this too. So, how did unnie know?" Jessica asked again. Her curiosity was torturing her that instant. She wonders if Angela noticed the diamond ring on her fourth finger and assumed she already been proposed.

 

Her staff from the event kept on looking at them, whispering or like gossiping to something since awhile ago. She completely ignored them again as she thought, it's probably because she's talking to the mayor's daughter. They were making a big fuss about her knowing Angela as the mayor's daughter. The other thing that Angela announced was making her totally speechless. She could only scream and be terrified in her head. That's not the reason why her staff was looking towards their direction right now. And the diamond ring on her fourth finger not the reason how Angela knew she got engaged.

 

'Oh, my God! Oh, my God!'

 

She checked her phone quickly, flipping them. She trembles hard. Her head can’t think much other than to confirm them herself.

 

'Oh, my God!!'

 

Thousands of notifications. New followers, likes, and comments from their Taengsic couplestagram.

 

"OH MY GOD!!" Jessica screams that line for real this time upon reading the headlines, short article, or the news. The things that she read was from Angela's phone since her phone was getting overwhelmed with notifications, call, video call, and whatnot at this time.

 

'First Korean power LGBT couple just came to a light after nearly four months same marriage has been permitted in the country. The successful aviation pilot CEO and a self-made millionaire of a newly open ski resort were seen sharing a stunning proposal scenery of a thirty-acre garden of roses and cosmos flowers. The couple became official in a closed romantic proposal this afternoon. Let's congratulate this brave power couple whom choosing not to hide their romance in a closed door anymore. We wish them to have a merrier wedding.'

 

It's a video of her proposal, and the drones view that Taengoo took while they were in the thirty-acre land and a garden of beautiful flowers where Taengoo created or dedicated to her. It was taken after their peaceful brunch. They made a little transition video from the heli to the garden by using the drone that Taengoo brought together with them.

 

The transition video went viral like a wildfire. Not only in Instagram, but in the other social platform as well. All the photos and videos Taengoo posted about them received thousands of comments. But the most are the proposal video in the heli, drone video in the beautiful garden, and the transition video. It received nearly one hundred thousand of likes for each video. How insane, Jessica thought.

 

"GOSH!!" She exclaimed in panic.

 

Jessica freaked out. Desperately gasping air to refill oxygen in her blood and brain. For the matter of fact, she's the one who last login into their couplestagram account. Because they don't have any follower for that account, so she decides to set them public. At least, someone else will appreciate all the effort Taengoo did for her. She had no idea it will become viral in just less than an hour. It all started after she checked Taengoo had used #koreanLGBTcouple as a hashtag. That's how it went viral. The LGBT community in Korea reposted their video and reshared them in every SNS. They gained supporters but also haters who opposed same marriage.

 

Her finger freaking out same tempo as her head. It quickly opens the app, searching and clicking the setting to make it private again. Even if it’s already too late, she just did that. She wonders what Taengoo would say about this. She hopes she didn't bring trouble to her fiancé by making them famous in a short amount of time. This is so crazy. Her brain can't function well. She just needs to find Taengoo now. Whatever calls and messages she received is not important to check at this time. And they need to protect Hyomin too. She felt devastated more when Hyomin’s name came to her mind.

 

Jessica dismissed any further conversation with Angela quickly. She just wanted to run from the place to find Taengoo and see how they can fix this issue. Her heart gets heavier when Hyomin’s face came into her vision. Her innocent daughter will be affected by her. What had she done, she thought. It’s so nerve-wracking to feel all of this.

 

Jessica kicked her six-inch heels till it flew passed over her head and maybe landed somewhere in the corridor. Suddenly, her heels become her greatest obstacles to run as fast as she wants. She had no time to pick them up or to turn her head around to check where it landed. Her heels can be replaced, but not Hyomin’s safety and mental health. What if her kid got bullied in school? She got darn worried now. She doesn’t care about her and Taengoo anymore. They are an adult. They can manage. But not to Hyomin. Maybe she should contact Tiffany and let her know about this. She will just confess she’s an idiot. She will not run or hide anywhere. Admitting her mistake will be the first step before she finds a lawyer to fix whatever she can fix if that’s even possible.

 

"Jagi-ya!!" Taengoo yelled and ran together, following Jessica not far behind.

 

It made Jessica stopped her run upon hearing the familiar voice and the endearing name. It allows Taengoo to reach Jessica. Jessica gaze was focused directly on the dangling heels in between Taengoo’s fingers before her face.

 

Taengoo panted a little after she ran to chase Jessica that she just saw leaving the ballroom in a hurry when she’s about to see her. At that time, she just send-off Jessica’s parents to the car after having a little communication and agreement. The chauffeur has picked them up back to their house in Gangnam. It's a very easy process which not taking too much of her time, really. The problem with Jessica’s elders already settled in peace. They gave her a permission to marry and live with Jessica like what she wants after one and one talk. They adore her now like she is their biological daughter. She also made a promise to give them a visit with Jessica and Hyomin this weekend.

 

"Why did you toss them away?" Taengoo smiles as her future wife was acting so funny. However, seeing Jessica’s eyes that have a glint of terror, it made her smile disappeared too quickly.

 

For the record, she already knew about what happened. Jessica’s parents came to the place with the same news. The viral proposal videos. They thought Jessica was in the suite, but instead, they just met her alone in that place. For the video, she has already informed her lawyer to take them down from any social media and to take any legal action against anyone who’s spreading false information, breach their privacy, and reposted or reshared any content from their couplestagram anywhere. This notice will be made public by Tiffany's team too. Because she had notified Tiffany since she knew it will affect Tiffany as her ex-wife.

 

More information about them will come to the surface within this a few weeks. Just like her case before. So, she will inform Jessica to stay away from any social media later. It’s not good to see any bad comments even if they also got a big support from Korea LBGT representative who just made a phone call with her to apologize about their action for sharing that video without asking permission from them beforehand.

 

Taengoo went on one bent knee directly to help Jessica wearing back her high heels. The corridor is clean, but she dislikes Jessica to walk barefoot. She knew Jessica must hear the news if Jessica ran was that desperate till kicking and leaving her heels. It might distress her woman to go through all the unwanted anxiety right now. It’s not her first time, so she could calm down a little. But she knew this is a new experience for Jessica.

 

"Jagi-ya, should I carry you?" Taengoo gaze up and asks the quiet person.

 

Jessica was frozen in her spot. More like rigid or numb. Her expression went blank. Like her soul has left of her body. She refused to lift her leg. So, Taengoo just did what she asked since the elevator was just a few meters away from them. She scooped Jessica into her arms quickly when tears well up in Jessica’s eyes. It made her broken to see Jessica in that state. She sighed mentally, hoping they could ride out this emotional phase for tonight. She will do anything to bring back Jessica's smile.

 

"This is not the end of the world, Miss Jung." Taengoo tried to knock a little sense so Jessica could be freed from her stress. "Don’t think about it too much. We can figure it out together. Step by step. Okay?"

 

Jessica was already in her mute state. Only her tears flowing when Taengoo carried her to the elevator. She lost word to speak. A little she found comfort. Taengoo’s thoughts gave her a slight relief, but she still feels responsible to cause this commotion, especially to their daughter.

 

 

*******

 

 

’In Your Eyes’ song composed by Taengoo was trending that night. The song in a category of ballad music suddenly hit the number one chart in every music platform even though the music has been released over a year ago. It’s sung by Seulgi from TY Entertainment. Song Taengoo's name became number one hot search on Naver other than the song who was dedicated to Jessica during their 200-day couple anniversary. All thanks to the Korea LGBT community who made them famous like a celebrity right now.

 

In your eyes, I found a reflection.

The glimpse of our future.

In your eyes, I found a home.

It has a sense of welcoming.

In your eyes, I found my happiness.

That lovely stare of yours speaks the word forever,

In this universe and multi-verse.

In your eyes, I found my comfort.

That cold glare of yours was offering warmth instead of fear.

In your eyes, I found a melody.

They rhyme in a frequency that I understand.

In your eyes, I see us.

The love that we longed for, but we let go.

I dreamt one day I can see those heavenly eyes again.

Because they are my paradise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter