Chapter 3 - "Sleeping beauty"

[Hiatus] Saved my life & Stole my heart

Eunhyuk kept his promise. Everyday, after his dance training, he took his way to the hospital to see how Sungmin is, and continued on with his habit of talking to him. The third time was different, though, to say the least. Something unexpected, but much awaited happened...

When Eunhyuk arrived, everything was the same. He placed the chair close to Sungmin's bed, took his hand and started talking. This time, he told about his dance practice just before. But elbowing on the bed, which meant leaning close to the boy, seeing his motionless face, which seemed like he was just sleeping, and looked so cute, Eunhyuk's thoughts and speech took a different direction. He confessed how much he longed for him to wake up, so that he could look in his eyes, see his smile and hear his voice. He got emotional again, begging for Sungmin with cracking voice to open up his eyes, but nothing happened. Eunhyuk knew that he couldn't wait it to really happen, but still, desperation slowly took over him. His emotions overflew him, he couldn't control them anymore and tears started to roll down his cheeks and his grip on the other's hand tightened. A single drop fell from his chin, on Sungmin's jawline. Eunhyuk bit his lips to stop himself from sobbing as he gently wiped it away, and didn't take back his hand. That red-haired beauty drew him too much, like a magnet. His fingertips ghosted over the shiny locks, the perfect skin of those cute chubby cheeks, his jawline, those full lips... and a butterfly kiss planted on them, out of the blue. Eunhyuk startled even himself, and jerked back.

At top of that, he felt Sungmin's finger shifting. He was trying to convince himself that it was just his imagination, when the sensation repeated. It was like in the Sleeping beauty fairytale. Eunhyuk felt awkward because of what he just did, pulled his hand away, and stared at the other boy just to see his eyelids flutter and slowly open up, his eyes looking around, definitely searching for something. As his gaze settled on Eunhyuk, a faint smile appeared on his face, making the dancer's heart beat faster. Those eyes were dark, deep and as awaited, beautiful, and his smile was simply irresistible.

“Eu-Enhyuk-sshi...” He whispered huskily. He hadn't talked for a weak yet and his lips were chapped as well. That moment, the named burst out sobbing, covering his face with two palms, elbowing on the edge of the bed, shoulders shaking heavily. “W-why are you c-c-crying?” Sungmin asked, his weak, quivering hand trying to reach out for the other's. He managed to place his palm on Eunhyuk's wrist, making the other uncover his face and stare at him intently through his tears.

“Is it... is it real? Or am I just dreaming?” He asked in disbelief.

“It's more real than anything in the past week,” the answer still came faintly.

“Uh... oh... you need some water,” Eunhyuk stated as he started to proceed things, amongst those the fact that Sungmin was struggling with talking. There was a glass on the nightstand, and a tap in the room, so the fluid wasn't hard to get. He glanced back while the water was running. “Don't try to sit up!” Eunhyuk objected when he noticed the other's such intention. “You have a broken rib! I'll help you instead,” he offered. He walked over to the bed, and hold Sungmin's head and the glass as well, while he drank.

“Thank you, Eunhyuk-sshi,” Sungmin gave him a grateful smile when he was laid back. His voice had now returned, and as he called out the blonde's name in that soft tone, it made him shiver. Then he realized that Sungmin just called him by his name.

“How... how do you know my name?” He asked, stunned.

“You told me, don't you remember?” Sungmin smiled. “Sorry for not answering back then, I couldn't control my body. Actually, I was there or so...” He pointed out somewhere upwards. Eunhyuk's gaze followed his hand and saw the lamp. He stared back at Sungmin in shock. Around the lamp?! Was he a ghost, or something?

“Are you joking?” Eunhyuk felt his voice weak, almost cracking.

“Not at all. I really was there, heard and saw everything. From time to time, I tried to return, some times I could sense my body, a few times even move my fingers and toes, but then it was gone and I was back there,” he pouted. “But this time, you gave me strength,” his face glowed up. It was a really nice sight, but still, Eunhyuk started to feel uncomfortable. That meant... the red-haired beauty could see or feel that kiss. It might ruin everything, though he didn't really want to kiss him, it just happened. “When you entered, I thought it's high time that I talked to you as well, so I ended up not seeing or hearing you this time, as I struggled getting back, but at least I was able to wake up,” he smiled and his hand reached out to take Eunhyuk's, which was now resting on the bed, and lightly squeeze it. The latter felt relieved and happy, but there was another thing making his heart clench.

“Can you... will you ever forgive me for causing you so much trouble?”

“You're still worrying about that?” Sungmin asked in disbelief. “It's not your fault at all! I knowingly took the risk. And even if it had been your fault, I already would've forgiven you, when you begged for it for the first time.”

“Ugh... I didn't really think you would hear and remember it... I was so pathetic and corny, I feel ashamed,” Eunhyuk looked away in embarrassment.

“No, it was totally okay in that situation. Your words touched my heart,” his friend objected, making the blonde lift up his head and look at him, surprised.

“Really?”

“I swear! You're really a nice person, as I could see in the past week. I'm happy I was able to save you, if not...” Sungmin trembled, he didn't want to think of Eunhyuk being so close to death. This time, it was the sitting boy who squeezed the other's hand. They smiled at each other, which told them much more than words could ever do.

“Thank you very much, I can't say it enough times,” Eunhyuk broke the silence. “I'm happy that finally you're awake too. Oh, we should tell these good news to you friends and family!” He jumped up. “I'll look for Taeyeon, I think she's at duty now. Stay calm, don't try to get up or anything like that!” With these words, he hurried out in search for the nurse. He could find her at the reception desk, where she was working on the computer.

“Ah, Eunhyuk-sshi! You're here today too?” She glanced up from the screen for a moment, before continuing on typing.

“Yeah, and I have good news!”

“Good news? Success in dancing?” Taeyeon smiled, as she saw his face glowing.

“No, much-much better! Sungmin woke up!” He could hardly stop himself from bouncing. Taeyeon squealed and jumped up from her seat.

“Really?!” She grabbed both of Eunhyuk's hands and started jumping around him with an ear-to-ear smile. Seeing her like this, he just couldn't hold back anymore, joined her and they laughed and bounced around each other until they felt dizzy and staggered to lean on the desk, panting.

“May I know what are you doing?” They glanced to the side to see Leeteuk with a raised eyebrow, but hardly able to hold back his laughter.

“Oppa, Eunhyuk-sshi just told me that Sungmin-ah woke up!” Taeyeon exclaimed, trying to rush in her fiance's embrace, ending up falling on him. Leeteuk caught her by reflex, then asked back.

“Did you say what I heard or do I just want to hear it too much?”

“I did! Sungmin-ah woke up!”

“Thanks for heavens!” The doctor looked up, his eyes becoming wet with tears of happiness. He glanced back down on his fiancee. “Are you still dizzy, or can we go there?” He asked, impatient. Taeyeon giggled.

“We can go.”

“Then let's go, don't make him wait too much!” Leeteuk exclaimed, grabbing the girl's hand and heading towards the hospital room Sungmin was in. Eunhyuk followed them, smiling at the cute couple. Not much before the door, the nurse chuckled, jumped in front of her fiance and burst in the room first.

“Sungmin-ah!” She squealed, rushing towards him, then leaning with her hands on the edge of the bed as she hovered over him, grinning down.

“Taeyeon noona, nice to see you,” he smiled back, his eyes sparkling.

“It's nicer to see you awake,” Leeteuk stated as he stood beside his fiancee, hugging her waist and taking his best friend's hand. His eyes still watery, but smiling widely.

“Hyung!” Sungmin's face, if possible, glowed up even more.

“You're a bad dongsaeng, made hyung worry so much...” Leeteuk scolded him, grinning like a fool.

“Luckily, it's over. You won't believe, Eunhyuk-sshi visited you everyday!” Taeyeon changed the tropic, to a cheerier one.

“I know, noona,” Sungmin cut off. “Though I wasn't conscious, I was here in the room. As a ghost or something like that.”

“Huh?” Taeyeon blinked. “Out-of-body experience?”

“I guess.”

“As he described, it totally seemed to be that,” Eunhyuk added. They just noticed that he was standing at the footrest, not wanting to disturb their moment. But he wouldn't disturb, silently, all three other persons agreed that Eunhyuk belonged in their company.

“Come closer,” Leeteuk motioned him and he complied happily.

“That means we don't have to tell him what happened during that, that's some more good news,” she  couldn't stop grinning. “Everything's working out!”

“Anyway, we have to check it out. Let's examine him.” All of them kept silent during that, the boys studying how the couple worked in sync. At the end, they drew themselves up with a wide grin. The man spoke up. “You're totally fine, but I suppose you remember that you have a broken rib, so don't try to get up. Just stay lying, there's about one more week until you can sit.” He gave Sungmin a stern look, making him sigh.

“Okay, I'll stay calm,” he promised.

“Right. The more you rest, the sooner you recover. Now, I need to go, I have a lot of work to do, take care,” Leeteuk said goodbye with a smile, and Taeyeon left with him.

“Is it this late?!” Eunhyuk got scared as he glanced at his wristwatch. “Will you forgive me, I need to go, my mom should've fetched me about ten minutes ago... It's a miracle she hasn't called yet.” He bit his lips as he looked at Sungmin. The lying boy sighed, he didn't really want to be left alone. However, he nodded, he couldn't expect his friend to spend his whole life with him, he knew how much time Eunhyuk spent in the hospital even after getting released.

“When will you visit me next?” Sungmin asked, hoping it to be soon.

“Tomorrow, after my dance training. I'll hurry as much as I can...”

“Don't do that,” Sungmin frowned. “That's dangerous, I don't worth it.”

“Right on the contrary, you worth it too much, I can't risk to get injured and not being able to visit you,” Eunhyuk objected, and blushed as he realized how sentimental it must have sounded. But his friend just smiled.

“See you tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow!” The dancer waved goodbye with the thought that it's going to be long, waiting for tomorrow to come.

[A/N] Sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry for the late update! On the basis, I'm quite slow, and it even adds to it that school (university) restarted, thus I have even less time. :/ Returning to the story... It became very long! O.o At least compared to the previous chapters. But I don't want to split it, it's round like this. Enjoy and take it as a make-up for the long break. :)

So Sungmin woke up... and Eunhyuk is developing deep feelings for him. :D In the next chapter, they'll continue making friends, and maybe I'll proceed enough to insert the planned scene where Sungmin will start assuming something. ;) Comments, please! It's a motivation for me to write. :)

PS: I know about the age relations, that Taeyeon is about 3 years younger than Sungmin, and that noona goes for elder females, but here, I needed to change it, as the settling is that Taeyeon already works, while Sungmin still goes to school. Maybe I'll also make Kyuhyun and Ryeowook older, to be in the same class as Sungmin, but Eunhyuk will definitely be in the same year. :)