Chapter 1 - The (almost) accident

[Hiatus] Saved my life & Stole my heart

Eunhyuk was in a rush. He had to arrive in time for dance training, because if he didn't, he would be kicked off which would mean the end of his dancing career, just before it could start. His dream was to be accepted to the dance academy and become a famous dancer, and in order to be able to pass the audition, he had to take dance lessons from the best teacher in the city, who was really strict. There were already two times he was late, and he was told not to do it again, because if he did that would mean he didn't even know about timing, and if he didn't even know about timing, there's no chance for him to become a good dancer and so that the master wouldn't waste his precious time on him. His mother was also in a rush, they ran late because of an accident on the highway, but she had a very important negotiation, so she couldn't take his son all way, that would be too much to go there and then back, because the parking house was on the way to the dance school. It wasn't so far, yet very hard and thus a long time to get by with car, so she just dropped him out in the parking house where she left the car. So now Eunhyuk had to run all the way to the dance school if he didn't want to arrive late. That's why he kept on running and didn't care to stop and look around, when he crossed the road in front of the ramp for higher floors.

He was in the middle of the lane, when he heard the brake creak, saw the lights from the side and heard a boy shouting “Nooo!!”. Time seemed to slow down extremely, as he stopped, spun to the right to face the car, which started blowing the horn too. He thought it's the end, the lights approaching too fast to stop, but then the crash didn't come from the front, but from the left. Arms wrapped tightly around his body, and he was tugged to the right. He felt that they were both falling as the other jumped in order to have enough dash to drag him out of the car's track. Though he landed on top of his savior, his head hit the ground harshly and he out. The last vision was red hair as he tried to look at the person who saved him.

~*~*~

When he woke up, his vision was blurry and all he saw was white, that's why first he thought that he must have been dead. But then he realized that he was dizzy, and his head was buzz and aching like hell. The dead don't feel like that, right? A few seconds later, he could make out that the white thing was the ceiling. Then he must have been at hospital. He also heard beeping. Is he in such a bad state? Would he ever be able to dance again? He also hoped he wouldn't be expelled from the dance school for not going to training... he had an accident, they couldn't wait him to go there when he's unconscious! Somehow later, when he got accustomed to his head piercing, he decided to check out his state. Whenever he moved his head, it was like blowing up, but he was too curious just to give up on that.

He had a needle in the crook of his right arm and he was getting infusion through that. He had small bruises on both his arms not covered by the short-sleeved pajamas, but he could move all his limbs and couldn't see any plaster. Finally, he touched his aching head. He could feel a bandage, but it's nothing. If he really got away with this, he was the luckiest man in the world. But still, there was the beeping, and he hadn't found the machines yet. He assumed they weren't jointed to him, but that meant there's someone else in the room. He was curious who it could be. He rested his head for a while, so that the buzz went lower, and now he could make out that the beeping came from the left. He neglected the dizziness and pain the movement caused and turned his head in that direction, to see an unconscious boy with a lot of tubes and machines connected to him. When Eunhyuk's vision got clearer, he made out that the boy had red hair, exactly the tone his last vision was. His heart tightened. It was his savior, in a much worse state than him.

He didn't have much time to stare at the boy, as a nurse entered the hospital room. She was short, with white skin, unlike most Koreans, dark brown hair and eyes. As she smiled at Eunhyuk, her eyes smiled too. She was a cheering sight in the hospital.

“Hello, my name is Kim Taeyeon, I'm the responsible day nurse for this hospital room. And you are...” she leaned in to read the sheet on the footrest of Eunhyuk's bed. “...Lee Hyukjae.”

“Actually, I prefer to be called Eunhyuk,” he corrected.

“Jewel?” She chuckled. “Honestly, you rather remind me of a monkey. No offense, I like monkeys. I find them cute. But you definitely look like one.”

“I know, I was already told,” Eunhyuk answered with a weak smile.

“And how are you, Eunhyuk?”

“My head feels like hell, but except for this, I'm bursting with health.” She laughed, and checked the sheet again.

“You're right, the main thing is optimism. I can tell you that Dr. Park agrees with you, you're safe and sound except for a concussion. I wonder how you could get away with this, you're the luckiest man on Earth!”

“I also wonder. I thought I'm going to die, but then he came and dragged me away.” He looked at the red-haired guy on the other bed. “I'm grateful to him, because he saved my life and I feel guilty, because he's in such a bad state because of me.” As Eunhyuk still stared at him, Taeyeon stepped in his gaze to get his attention back.

“You should know it's not your fault.”

“Then whose fault is it?” Eunhyuk asked bitterly.

“No one's! When it's not about drink and drive, or drug overdose, or something like that, no one is at fault. Then it's fate, or God, or whatever you believe in, who wanted you to go through this. Maybe it wants you, or him, or both of you, to learn something. Maybe it was the driver who finally did not hit you, who had to learn something. Or maybe, you two just had to meet and upper forces didn't find any other way for it.”

[A/N] This is for those who believe in Hyukmin like me.~ I can't pormise to proceed quick, because I'm working on another multichaptered fic, but I'll do my best for my OTP. :) I won't upload long chapters, so I guess I can update quite often, compared to myself. XD