Chapter 2

[Hiatus] Saved my life & Stole my heart

“You're too kind to me. This time around, it's my fault, I didn't look around before stepping on the road.”

“Hey, don't blame yourself!” Taeyeon poked his arm. “Sungmin did his bit too...”

“Sungmin? Is it his name?”

“Yeah, Lee Sungmin,” Taeyeon answered without checking his medical sheet. Eunhyuk twitched his eyebrows, in his case, the nurse had to look at the paper to know the name.

“Do you know him?”

“Yeah, he's the best friend of my fiance.”

“And what do you mean he did his bit too?”

“He already had a cracked rib, he was even prohibited from his martial arts trainings where he got it, and there he goes, couldn't he just sit on his , he's always involved in some trouble... Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy you're saved. But he could've taken more care, he knows how to control falls so that he won't injure so much, I bet he did it purposely that you'd fall on him and not inversely, though he must have known that he's at risk because of his cracked rib, and see, he has broken it!” Taeyeon gabbled, obviously angry at Sungmin, giving Eunhyuk a hard time in understanding.

“Is he in danger?” He asked, concern.

“His life isn't threatened, thanks to Leeteuk oppa, who immediately took care of him. That fracture caused him some inner bleeding, fortunately it didn't hurt his vital organs, but he'll have a hard time with breathing, especially now that's his unconscious, that's why there are those machines. It's not as serious as it looks like, right?” Taeyeon smiled, seeing Eunhyuk's relieved expression. “Though, he's comatose and we're not sure why. Maybe because he hit his head which gave him a concussion, just like in your case. When he wakes up, he'll have to cope with an aching head and difficulties in breathing, but if everything goes well, it may happen in a few days.”

“That's good to hear. What do you mean by a few days?” Eunhyuk asked curiously. He felt much more cheerful now, though his head still felt like exploding.

“How could I know? I'm just a nurse!” She laughed. “Oh, I almost forget. I have something to ease your headache!” She dove in the medical bag she had with her and found an injection, making him startled. “Don't worry, I don't have to pierce you again,” she gave him a reassuring smile and then used the needle of the infusion to do the drug in. “I think I'll have to go soon, I have other rooms to look for...”

“Wait, please. Is there a way I could get closer to Sungmin?” Eunhyuk asked, realizing he would be alone with his savior. He suddenly wanted to see the other's face, hold his hand and thank him what he did.

“Physically, it's possible, your bed has castors, but I don't know if Leeteuk oppa approves of it...”

“Taeyeon, you're supposed to call me Dr. Park during working hours,” an auburn-haired doctor entered the room, making the nurse blush and jump into standing position from sitting beside Eunhyuk's bed, hooking her head down.

“Oppa! I'm so sorry...” Recognition hit Eunhyuk in the head. 'Dr. Park' and 'Leeteuk oppa' was one and the same person, Taeyeon's fiance.

“And here it goes again...” The man chuckled, he didn't seem to be angry at the nurse. “How are our patients?”

“Eunhyuk feels well, except for his concussion, and the machines say everything's okay with Sungmin too,” she answered, smiling. “Can you tell anything closer about when he'll wake up?”

“Let me examine him and we'll see,” Leeteuk answered and did what he said. After a few minutes of tense silence, he shook his head. “I have no idea. The reason why he haven't waken up yet isn't medical, it must be psychological. I think he needs good motives to wake up, human interaction may help a lot, so I don't mind if we join the beds.” He placed his medical bag and papers at Sungmin's feet and headed towards Eunhyuk. “Help me, Taeyeon, it's true I'm strong, but we need to be careful, our Eunhyuk has a concussion,” he smirked. With the nurse's help, they traveled him beside his savior for his joy, though his dizziness get worse during the process.

“Now I guess you won't get bored,” Taeyeon winked at Eunhyuk before she left the room with Leeteuk. His vision was blurry, but he could make out that those two shared a short kiss before parting ways in front of the door. When his head seemed to have relaxed enough, he turned to the left to take a closer look at his savior. His hair was a really special tone of red, probably died, but who cared when it fitted his features so well. Even this pale, with eyes closed, Eunhyuk found him handsome and cute with his puffy cheeks and girly plump lips. He couldn't imagine this cute guy pursuing martial arts. Actually, he would consider him quite sensitive, gentle and shy. And he knew that he was generous, as he saved him. Without noticing, he took a friendly liking towards the guy who risked his own life, or maybe just his health to save him.

“Um, do you mind if I hold your hand?” He asked, though he knew there would be no answer, but he felt it would be rude just to do it without asking for permission. He carefully and sheepishly searched for the other's hand with his left and placed his palm on it. Now, it felt a bit more comfortable to talk to him. “The nurse, or should I call her Taeyeon in front of you, as you know her, told me that your name is Sungmin. Mine is Eunhyuk. I'm happy we met... Please don't misunderstand! I don't like to see you like that, when it's you who saved my life. But I know that you're a nice person and I want to befriend you. Other way... we probably wouldn't have met. That would be a pity. What I wanted to say... ? Oh, I'm so rude, I almost forgot to say thank you... You see, I wanted to introduce myself first, because it's so awkward to thank a stranger for my life, but I'm just blabbering like always and forgetting what I really wanted. So... thank you very much for saving me.”

“Aish, it sounded so... empty. We always say that of courtesy too, how could I say the same when it's your merit that I'm alive, even safe and sound except my aching head? A simple thank you isn't enough, we used it so much that it became meaningless. But what are the words to say in this kind of situation? How could I express my gratitude? I really owe you a lot, Sungmin-sshi. I wish I could do something for you too, at least help you to wake up. The doctor, I guess he's your friend, Leeteuk, said that it may help if we talk to you, so I'm trying to blabber... If you hear it and it bothers you, really sorry. You should know my intentions are good. Maybe, you will wake up to slap me and yell at me to shut up, but still I'll be very happy because I'll have helped you to regain your consciousness. After all... it's my fault that you're in this state. I was careless... I'd have merited to die. But you didn't let it happen. You must have had a very good reason, saving someone unworthy like me. I'm not even good-looking, what am I talking, I'm not a girl who you would've saved because you liked her... I wish I knew your reason, Sungmin-sshi. And if you're really such a good person, saving me just because you don't want anyone to die, I'll try my best to pay you back. I'm sincerely grateful to you and feel guilty seeing you, my savior like this, because of me. I wish I could reverse time... But as it's impossible, I hope you'll forgive me once.”

“Ugh, I got really sentimental, didn't I? Sorry, I have this kind of moments... I don't want to make you unhappy, so I'll try to cheer you up now. I have a lot of funny stories, crazy things I did... I'll entertain you. You merit it.” And like that, Eunhyuk started to tell stories about himself to Sungmin, keeping himself occupied too. He had nothing else to do in the hospital when his friends and parents didn't visit, which they couldn't do often. His friends went to school in their town, and his  parents worked a lot. Fortunately, whenever Taeyeon or Leeteuk had some free time, they went to the two boy's room, checking their still unconscious friend's state, and then settled down, listening to Eunhyuk, or telling him stories about themselves and their red-haired friend. That's how they made friends during his stay of five days. And he also talked to and heard about Sungmin so much, that he felt like they knew each other personally and became good friends. When he left, he promised his still unconscious friend to visit him every day.

[A/N] It got a bit sentimental, but well, that's how I think Eunhyuk feels. This chappie also got a bit longer than the previous one, but I hope you don't mind. :) I needed to end it here, as I wanted something to happen at the very beginning of the next chapter... *Smirks evilly, then hides before readers could attack her because of the teasing.* Comments are loved, subscribers are welcome! :)