v. Jack & Cleopatra

Limitless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jack & Cleopatra
| Epilogue |
X

| One Year Later |

The hallway was dimly lit and so quiet that a dropped pin would be distinctly audible throughout the whole hallway.

The silence was cut by two figures who bursted out into the hallway, running at top speed. Both did not turn back but kept running.

Soon they heard more footsteps behind them trying to catch up.

Seulgi, who was disguised with a wig and heavy makeup, took off both her stilettos and extended the heels out and threw both shoes behind, like boomerangs. They could hear some groans coming from behind but they only ran further.

They came to a stop when they reached a department store set-up that was perfect to conceal them albeit temporarily.

Taeyong face-palmed himself as Seulgi loaded a gun and put her shoes back on. 'We almost blew our cover.' Taeyong whispered with force to Seulgi, who heaved a sigh of some relief.

'We almost blew up the area! What were you thinking of by using a bomb?!' Seulgi whispered back and Taeyong rolled his eyes slightly. Taeyong extended out his own gun started to load his gun as well.

'The company could just cover the costs!' Taeyong said and Seulgi looked at the small monitor on her wrist that indicated if anyone was approaching.

Just then, a familiar voice cracked through their earpiece, giving both of them a shock.

'JAEHYUN!' Both of them almost screamed. Jaehyun, who was at the headquarters almost didn't hear them as they whispered. Jaehyun was guiding their mission.

'Agent TY Jack and Agent Sera Cleopatra, you guys were almost about to cost us millions by almost blowing up the whole area!' Jaehyun said Seulgi glared at Taeyong. 

'But we have more important things at hand now. You guys need to hurry up for a few reasons.' Jaehyun informed and proceeded to list the reasons.

'There are more people chasing after you two.' Taeyong and Seulgi proceeded to listen.

'You'll be late for Joy and-' Seulgi interrupted Jaehyun as she and Taeyong only rolled their eyes is disbelief.

'Jaehyun! That's not the right time!' Seulgi whispered into the intercom in frustration and Taeyong only slapped his face.

'Okay! Pardon me! But the last one is really important! The main boss is coming over soon. He cannot find out you destroyed the item.' Jaehyun continued and the two agents paled.

'Alright.' Seulgi said and just then, some men bursted into the area they were in. Taeyong and Seulgi exchanged glances and adjusted their disguises before proceeding to shoot all of them down before running out. They had to find an escape.

Taeyong looked around and his eyes stopped at the thick vent. Catching hold of Seulgi's wrist. He kicked the vent open and pushed her in and Seulgi supressed a groan. Taeyong quickly sealed back the vent as it was before he forced it open.

'Couldn't you be more gentle?'

'We don't have time for that now.' Taeyong said as they located their way out through their wrist guides.

They froze and stopped crawling when they heard a voice beneath them that boomed loudly.

'I WANT EVERY AREA AND CORNER CHECKED FOR THOSE RATS THAT DESTROYED MY POSSESSION YOU UNDERSTAND?!' The boss bellowed.

The two agents listened carefully and held their breaths. They waited for everyone to be gone but the boss didnt move and it only caused uncertainty for the two agents. Just then a gunshot was aimed for them through the vent and it barely missed them. The bullet hit the top of the vent and Seulgi and Taeyong gaped in horror.

Taeyong supressed a gasp. Any sound could blow them to bits, not just their ccover alone.

They were only an inch from the bullet and they resisted a gulp. Jaehyun, who was still active on the intercom also froze.

The boss after hearing no sound from the vent went off. Seulgi recovered from the shock and held Taeyong's hand, tugging him slightly, indicating that they needed to go.

When they were sure there was no one nearby, they slid down three stories down the vent until the ground level. Making sure the coast was clear, they exited from the vent, they out finally out from the building.

Just as the were about to run off in another direction, they pressed their bodies as close to the wall. Some men were walking but Taeyong quickly fired some tranquilisers knocking them out instantly. 

They didn't have much time. The sun was about to rise in 15 minutes. They went to were they hid their motorcycles but it only caused them to panic when they saw the condition of their motorcycles.

Their motorcycles had been raided and destroyed to stop them from leaving, thankfully those motorcycles were almost ready for scrapping and contained nothing.

Taeyong and Seulgi were almost at their wits end. Their mission wasn't supposed to turn out like that. Their wrist monitors beeped. There were foreign figures approaching them in approximately in 5 minutes time.

Taeyong and Seulgi turned to each other, their face almost revealing their emotions of helplessness. They said nothing but only tried to look around to see what resources they could use at the moment.

They had enough ammunition to wound everyone but they would have to reveal their presence and being which could threaten the whole agency.

They were beside the large boxes that they used for concealment but it would prove useless in a matter of time.

Their wrist monitor only vibrated more an more intensely as the unknown figures approached them closer. They almost swore they could hear the booming voice of the boss. Their hearts only beat faster and faster as the seconds went by. Taeyong held Seulgi's hand tightly, the other on his gun. Seulgi did the same.

'Agent Casper to Agent Jack and Agent Cleopatra. Hop on, NOW!

Seulgi and Taeyong looked up and stood up from the boxes to see a car in front of them and did instinctively as they were told. Jaehyun was in a sports car and as soon as they both shut the door close, Jaehyun stepped on the pedal with so much fore that Seulgi, who was in the back seat, held on to whatever she could hold on to.

Seulgi and Taeyong looked at Jaehyun and they never felt so grateful to see him.

'I never thought seeing you was such a happy thing.' Taeyong said to Jaehyun as they took of their intercom devices.

Before Seulgi and Taeyong could utter another word, Jaehyun pressed a button and an explosion was heard. Taeyong winded down the window while Seulgi turned around.

'Jaehyun! You just exploded the whole place!' Seulgi said and Jaehyun had a smug look. Taeyong only gaped and looked at the whole area again.

'That will be a huge donation our agency has to do.' Taeyong commented. Their agency will always cover the costs and damaged their agents incurred through donations. 'Didn't you scold us for almost blowing up the place just an hour ago?' Seulgi raised an eyebrow.

'Well I checked with the supervisor and he said, the agency doesn't need to cover the costs this time. The legal department will handle it.' Jaehyun said with a grin.

'Don't you know how satisfying is it to hit the button?' Jaehyun said excitedly to Taeyong and Seulgi, who barely had energy to answer him.

'Don't you know how desperate we were?' Taeyong said and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter