i. One Of These Nights

Limitless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Of These Nights
|  Red Velvet  |
(i)
"They were all chasing dreams while being deceived
Most of them only consider themselves as the real deal
Or else they hide with their backs turned
The repeating days are so cruel..."
- Limitless -
X

. S  E  U  L  G  I .

Kang Seulgi walked out from the master bedroom, ready to go out. She was dressed plainly; a dark, slightly oversized top and a pair of sweatpants. She casually grabbed a cap from a rack and adjusted it on her head, adjusting her blonde hair as well.

Seulgi scanned the whole apartment, something she never failed to do every single day the moment she had to stay here. 

There was nothing wrong with the apartment; it was pristine, it was simple, it was comfortable, but it wasn't exactly hers.

Seulgi's eyes stopped at a photo frame that contained a photo of her and her good friend, Wendy. Seulgi smiled, eternally grateful for Wendy, for letting her take residence in her apartment.

This was Wendy's apartment when she stayed in Korea, until she flew back upon getting accepted into her dream university.

This wasn't Seulgi's apartment untill her heart got broken.

On that night, Seulgi appeared at Wendy's apartment, her cheeks lined with tear tracks and fresh tears, Wendy hugged her tightly and tried to calm her down.

Seulgi didn't have anyone to turn right from the start, besides the one who broke her heart and her beloved friend, Wendy.

He was her everything until it ended all too suddenly. Til this day, Seulgi felt they never had proper closure, but life had to go on and Seulgi knew full well.

But needless to say, she really missed him.

She looked at herself in the mirror to check on her appearance, which differed greatly from the picture in the frame. Her hair was blonde, previously a dark brown and as much as she didn't want to admit it, she lost that sparkle in her eyes.

Seulgi sighed as she walked towards the door. She took her sneakers from the shoe rack and slid her feet in and stepped out of the house to lock the door.

Just as how empty her house is, void of any life, her heart was the same. Her apartment was merely a place to house her empty heart.

Seulgi made her way to the dance studio for a dance practice as a backup dancer for a male solo idol.

As she entered the studio, she could hear the male backup dancers whispering 'Kang Sera is here' and her alias, Kang Sera.

She paid no attention to them and started warming up on her own. The male backup dancers tried to flirt with her and charm her with their smiles and 'Good mornings' but even the hottest and handsomest backup dancer had a hard time trying to even get a verbal response from her.

Soon, the male idol entered and everyone, including Seulgi, stopped whatever they were doing to greet him. The male solo idol couldn't take his eyes off Seulgi as well. All Seulgi was thinking was the choreo to distract her from the annoyances this job offered.

She truly loves dancing. Anyone watching her to could see her talent, passion and love for the art. But she could barely tolerate the nonsense of the male idol's resident male backup dancers and even the male idol himself. There was just something that threw Seulgi off whenever she had to interact with the male idol.

But having the good heart she had, even though she doesn't show it, she still respected everyone there.

They started practicing and Seulgi focused on the choregraphy and the image she had to portray to fit the concept. She didn't take notice of the male idol being captivated by her or how close he was to her.

After an hour and a half of practice, the official practice ended and the backup dancers left quickly as they had other schedules to attend to. Seulgi was one of the first few to leave usually but this time, she was stopped when he heard her calling her.

'Kang Sera, I need to speak with you for awhile.' The male idol said and Seulgi sighed softly before walking back. He waited for the other dancers to leave.

'I think I need a bit more practice with the partnering portion of the choreo. I don't think the transitions were smooth enough.' He said and Seulgi merely gave a nod and they started working without the music playing.

The male idol wrapped his arms around her and brought his face close to her ear. It was part of the choreography and Seulgi wasn't fazed by it. However, Seulgi had a frown when he did not move on with the choreography and instead pulled her closer to him.

'What are you doing' Seulgi said harshly and coldly as he rested his head on her shoulder, wrapping her waist tightly.

'Kang Sera, I really like you.' He said into her ear, and Seulgi tensed up immediately, but it only pressed their bodies tighter together. Seulgi's eyes widened in digust as he felt his hand touching the sides of her hips. She could see his lips curving up from the mirror.

'Release me right now.' Seulgi commanded, trying not to let her anger get the better of her in front of him. He ignored her command and didn't relent and was now adjusting her hair with one of his free hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter