cheatsheet

GRAYSCALE [apply open!]
 
 
grayscale
know your enemies
 
yong-do, home to crime
 
to describe yong-do, one could say that it is a crime paradise. the majority of the inhabitants are not that caring and precise about the law and its existence is generally kept quiet by the south-korean government, although it is not part of south korea anymore. yong-do is an island city that stands by itself and heavily relies on the organized crime to survive. there is a police force on the island, but it is as corrupt and simply keeps to the little crimes over that of organized crime. sometimes they do have to solve issues the mafia rather wouldn't dirty their hands over. population size: 1.2 million. its hard to get off and on the island, as there are barely ships getting there, and any ship getting there only contains products to keep the island going. there is no space for airport so there aren't any planes on the island. 
against public opinion-if there was one-yong-do is unexpectedly modern, having the most modern technology available, courtesy of the chinese mafia. 
yong city itself is somewhat a mix between tokyo, seoul and hong kong and there were originally three districts, each district housing respectively their own race, korean, japanese or chinese. however currently the districts are only in name ever since north americans invaded the island in 1951, messing up the entire order and organization of the island and restructuring it to their taste. however in 2017 there are barely americans left and the island itself is still in chaos, trying to restructure itself, ensuing the growing crime rate. this causes the inhabitants bear many grudges towards north america. gun owning is relatively normal in the city, although most people rather not have one, as it invites unwanted problems in their house. 
most inhabitants are multilingual, being able to speak chinese, japanese, korean and english on a daily basis. mixed people are quite normal as well, however most of them consider themselves korean, and as yong-do once originated from korea, it is in a way still korea, just not north- or south-korea.
the main forces of organized crime are the chinese and the japanese mafia, but both realize deeply that they are only allowed to play with yong-do, as the real power, as one says, is a sleeping dragon. the korean mafia. as fitting, its name is yong—dragon. currently subdued, as ten years back it went through a tragedy inside the main family, leaving only one survivor. now the heir and survivor is growing towards adulthood and the dragon is starting to stir.
this storyline follows six people, who are teamed up to catch the baddest of the bad. each person has their own role, fitting perfectly in the team. because neither mafia nor police force does not want to deal with the dirtiest part of the population, project pied piper was started. the force assembled the largest annoyances on the force together in a team, including one criminal, because the project leader thought they also needed a criminal insight. following them, watching them trying to sweep the darkest parts of the underworld clean.
personality / background
 
we love long explanations and elaborations! but more than anything we love quality over quantity. we prefer to have a good grasp on the character, because we'll feel bad if the character goes out of character towards you, the creator. we accept any formats and love to see creativeness! so quotes, cool titles, and written from different povs, such as 'you', 'i', etc... are quite encouraged.  angst is always a plus.
however we find it important that you keep close to the plotlines, especially the lines that are bolded. all plotlines are exactly created as the traits and pasts we need fit into the story, excepting vehemence. vehemence is more of an open plot so you're free with that plotline!
 
 
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
 
please make sure that when doing this section, it would connect with your character's plotline/role. for example, the chances of grotesque being skilled in combat were very low in comparison to them being skilled in science. remember to keep it realistic and to give an equal amount of weaknesses to their skills!
faceclaims / love interests / misc
 
let's see, do kyungsoo(d.o.) and ji changwook are taken as faceclaims. don't worry about faceclaims too much, however we have some rules on age. as it's quite impossible for underage people to join and education is rather important to join the force. excepting decadence and brilliance, we'd rather love it if the characters were between 23-40. for decadence and brilliance is preferred between 20-30. it's preferred if the age of your character is close as possible to the age of your chosen faceclaim. it's preferable that the faceclaims are either models, actors or idols and not ulzzangs or the like, to be able to provide enough material!
romance will not really play a huge role in this applyfic but we won't stop you from making a love interest. it's preferred however that it's not applicant x applicant, so you can go crazy with all the possibilities outside of that! it can be someone outside the force, inside the force, someone in the industry, etc..
about the password, guess what the actual signature is of the serial killer, with a link to a song that fits your character, or grayscale! the title f your app should be the name of your character plus the plotline you chose, such as "han jisoo is the one who murdered decadence".
 
brownies and pointers
 
brownie points!
+ older fcs, oLDER FCS BREATHES ( BRING IN ALL THE OLD IDOLS LIKE SECHSKIES AND SUJU AND LJEJDOIED )
+ underrated group faceclaims like cross gene (especially cross gene imean), myname, 9muses and stellar
+ actor faceclaims, please, actor faceclaims i beg
+ angst and tragedy
+ trivia trivia trivia trivia
+ //whispers//any 1 night 2 days member would be great, such as jung joongyoung, yoon siyoon, kim jongmin or cha taehyun
+ ok, honestly we do want dark backgrounds, not so nice characters, or simply bitter.
+ creativity, we mean creativity not originality! you dont have to be original to be creative!
+ //coughs// add in grotesque and decadence in your relationships section ( their real names are mi seulong and han jisoo respectively! )