Chapter 2: Angels of Seoul

The Secrets I Kept

Silence filled the air as the blonde realised his order was to his right, freshly cooked and smelling like a garlicy day dream waiting for him to pick it up. "Sorry..." he said sincerely giving Taehyung a little sheepish smile. It was an embarrassing moment for him, it was a simple mistake but with Taehyung it was a different story. His pride was on the line and was super ready to defend his Pizza loving honour but before any of the boys or server could say anything; all you heard was footsteps coming closer and closer towards them.
"How long does it take to get a god damn pizza? " Hoseok came over to them both feeling pretty hangry at that moment. Twenty minutes had pasted and if Hoseok had waited any longer he felt like he would turn into a mummified corpse, waiting for the longing day TaeTae would finally put the boxes down and inhale the sweet, sweet rolls. Taehyungs face drop knowing how his friend meant business specially when it came to two things he loved the most, dancing and food. He bowed a little bit being sorry for taking so long. Hoseok returned to his usual smile, smirking at how goofy his friend is for taking him so seriously all the time, he couldn’t lie though he was little bit hangry. As Taehyung kept bowing apologizing like a goof ball, Hoseoks eyes trailed over to the tall guy who looked confused at what was happening in front of him. His eyes got wider and twinkled as he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It couldn’t be... "We have got to G O !" Hoseok laughed loudly pinching Taehyungs ear. Shrieks could be heard as Taehyung snatched the pizzas away from the man and dragged out of the shop whining "I thought we was going to eat out today?! You know give me that fresh air and socialisation that I apparently lack. " "We can do that tomorrow" he replied instantly letting the quiet sink in.

 

They both left the fast food place and walked over to Hoseok’s car "... can you let go of my ear bro?" Taehyung blankly said as his ear finally got released "Thanks bro!". As the silence took over, both entered the car and placed their boxed meal on Taehyungs lap. He smiled lovingly as he opened the first peperoni box, the smell taking over the whole car. Taking a piece out, Taehyung was savouring every flavour of the singular slice. He didn’t think twice, nothing was stronger than a man and his pizza and no random handsome man could ever beat that. As the street lights lighted their way Hoseok drove back to Taehyungs apartment his hand gripping the wheel slightly tighter, letting his thoughts get away with him.
"Thanks for dropping me off, you sure you don’t want to come in and sleep over Hobi? I don’t want you to be in a car accident dude " Taehyung grinned leaning on outside of the car door. "I will be fine no worries, besides i have other duties to attend too ~" Hoseok winked holding up his phone with text messages full of x's and o's kisses and love emojis. It was one of his many conquests, a search for love as he calls it. Taehyung winked back " Such a playboy. Send her a poop emoji. Girls love poop emojis" ". . . " "I’m joking! Ok, ok I’m leaving!" he sprinted off as they both laughed and waved goodbye to each other. "Why did we leave so early..." He thought to himself as he closed the door to his apartment leaning against the door. Deep in thought Taehyung thought about his friend acting oddly but shrugged it off easily "WELL JOKES ON HIM, I DIDNT WANT TO GO OUTSIDE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THANK GOD IM HOME ~" He smiled to himself as he spent the rest of his night binge eating and watching television till he eventually fell asleep.

 

Buzz...Buzz ...

"Please stop" Taehyung groaned as he reached out to his phone and pressed the snooze button. He refused to wake up despite it being afternoon. Was it the energy drinks? It was probably the energy drinks but he felt unmotivated to face the world today. Buzz...Buzz...The alarm went on again ringing a second time, pressing snooze he plopped his head into the sofa pillows looking at the sun that was seeming through the curtains; he was not going to leave his comfort zone any time soon no matter what time it was.
Four days have past and Taehyung got the will power to leave the house, Hoseok had not picked his phone up for the past week and he got concerned. The afternoon glow took over as the roads got filled and the centre was booming with life, Taehyung sat at the bus stop waiting for his transport to arrive. Having a cold soda in his hand his eyes averted to the side where there was a commotion. Girls wrapped around guys arm, giggling and looking like they already drunk some alcohol before they went out, it was just past noon they started early. Sighing and realising he’s not like normal guys he thought to himself. "What’s the point in getting wasted anyway can’t you have a good time without poisoning yourself? Clubs don’t even open at this time...Well I don’t think they do." he took a sip of his lemon soda " People are strange...Or maybe it’s just me? At my age people are out partying, causing havoc and living their lives while I’m just, confined into my apartment, I don’t care if I die alone or not..." he stared at the orange faded sky questioning about what his life would come too, questioning his manhood. Irritated Taehyung finished the soda and chucked the can onto the floor, not caring about society at this moment of time. Listening to the soda can roll on the concrete pavement in his own thoughts he heard the can clink to a stop. Despite the loud environment he turned his head round wondering what stopped it, there was a crowd of people but one person stood out by crouching on the floor to pick it up. "Now this is just awkward..." Taehyung mumbled to himself as he stared realising it was the guy from the Pizzeria. They both made eye contact, blinking once at each other in disbelief before the guy place the empty can in the trash and made his way over to him.

 


"You...Almost stole my pizza a few days ago" Taehyung said without thinking first. The gentle man smiled back at him "Yeah...Yeah I nearly did" "Next time can you aim for the trash can though? " he chuckled finding it amusing that Taehyung stuttered defensively "Y-You can’t tell me what to do old man! I don’t even know you!" The man shuffled closer to him, tilting his head to the side giving him a charming smile...Was, was he sparkling? "Well this old man’s name is Seokjin but you can just call me Jin~" What was this princely aura about him? Taehyung didn’t know but he didn’t trust this goody-too-shoes image. "Well Old Man Jin, I’ll aim it at your head next time if I succeed you should buy me some rice cakes! " He winked being the playful Tae he always was. "Challenge accepted" Jin replied. Long minutes passed by as they both sat under the bus stop talking to each other, they had more in common than they thought such as video games and music and various other random topics. As Jin proceeded to use his poorly made jokes on Tae he slowly opened up to talking to this dude despite him being a saint in Taehyungs eyes. The bus parked up in front of them, it finally arrived! "You coming or what?" Taehyung grinned as he got up and started going to the bus doors that was just opening. Jin dusted his sleek coat and stood up holding a singular hand up "Oh, I’m not going on the bus, I just came to tell you off of course. I'll see you around though~" There he goes again, the sweetness of his words and his tender smile pulled Taehyungs heart strings, he knew this guy must have been a pro at getting the ladies. Prince charming walked away, waving from behind as he stood there, how could one guy be so handsome? He wasn’t gay or so he believed or anything but he couldn’t deny that Jin had a way with words. Exhaustion pipes blew out puffs of smoke from the bus and shook as it was getting ready to leave. "HEY DONT LEAVE WITHOUT ME, IM RIGHT HERE!"

 

'Angels of Seoul’. Taehyung looked up to the elegantly signed board above him. Hoseok’s dance studio was not the biggest or most well-known dance studio in Seoul but it heart and soul for the people that had passion for dancing just like Hoseok was despite the social norms. Most days he would join Hoseok in his class lessons having days where he goofed around and days where he tried to put in his weight. " How time flies by. Could of gave this all up but you didn’t, wish I could say the same..." he mumbled sadly smiling to himself basking in the memories of their school days. Opening twin doors in front of him, he entered the studio.

"Just talk to me will you?!"

He snapped grabbing Hoseoks wrist tightly as the day break shined through the school gates. As the early breeze and the sweet aroma filled the school entrance everything seemed so clear and at peace except for the one thing that mattered most, Hoseok. Taehyung sighed and looked at him sympathetically, loosening his grip to his wrist as he was holding on a bit too tightly "I know what you’re going through, rejection is tough but what did i do so wrong for you to desert me?!" His eyes twitched wanting to tear up but he couldn’t, his best friend wanted nothing to do with him. He didn’t want to show his weakness. Head low, his black bangs covering his face Hoseok took his wrist back refusing to look at Taehyung "You know nothing of the word". Shocked, Taehyung stood there "What do you mean, I get you Hose-" "NO YOU DONT! You have never lifted a single finger in your entire life, you been handed your life on a silver spoon that you don’t even make an effort to get what you want. I had tried countless and countless of times for this, all I want is to dance, make my family proud of me and most of all be happy! How many times do I have to be rejected before I lose all hope?! " Hoseok ran away into the school building leaving him behind as his words impacted. It was a warm sunny day but deep down inside him it was cloudy, raining. All he could do was stand there. Clenching his chest Taehyung lowered his heavy eyes

"If I could swap this life with you...I would Hobi..."