Chapter 1: How It All Begins

The Secrets I Kept

 

Flushed, trembling into the depths of his core he placed his fingertips on his neck. The heat of his breath lingered on his skin as a deep sigh escaped into the crisp cold air. Cars and traffic lights merged into a sea of colours blurring his eyes of nothing else but his thoughts in the damp street corner “I just want a nice, easy life. What’s so wrong with that?”

 

 

“You’re too slow!” “Gotta go fast!” where the typical catchphrases Kim Taehyung heard in his average day life. 20 years and alone in his single apartment with only his parents money to support him and his heavy obsession with game consoles to console to everlasting boredom. Don’t get me wrong, Taehyung was a popular man for his age but struggles with getting interested in things that do not suit his own. Imagine him as a high maintenance puppy only going for walks when it told you too. Alone in the refurbished apartment he sat there playing Sonic the Hedgehog not giving a care for anything more than pixels on a screen before a knock came to his door. Slouching on the sofa he groaned in a loud voice “I’m in!” with a simple clicking noise, a guy entered the room with styles and looks that kill, it would only be none other than his close friend Hoseok.

Seeing his friend laying on the couch engrossed in video gaming to a point where even his existence is gone from his friend’s mind. Hoseok sat down next to Taehyung, sitting politely before switching the sweet, innocent mood into an all-out sofa war diving onto his stomach. A yelp came from Taehyung, controller flying out his hands and onto the floor “Oi, oi! Do you have to be put back in your place?” Taehyung chuckled noticing the rumble of tumble on the sofa that was currently happening. Twisting and turning until he jabbed Hoseok in the hip making him giggle and fall back to the left side of the sofa, both was happy to see each other. “Tae, you haven’t been out in weeks. I was starting to wonder if you were dead or maybe worse…a nerd!” “Nope! Still alive and kickin’ it. This games not going to finish itself, right?” Taehyung nudged Hoseok in return only to receive a charming smile by his close friend. Slowly as time progressed he stopped hogging the sofa and sat up, leaning his head on his knees with an innocent smile curious on what his friend wanted at this hour of the afternoon. To his surprise Hoseok grabbed Taehyungs arm and leaned heads together whining to him about Taehyungs introverted struggles “ “I guess I can free up my time just this once 'kay?” his eyes rolled grinning, sighing in defeat. Sonic the Hedgehog will have to wait.

 

Tints of orange faded around them as it turned to a lilac blue, clouds darkening as the streets were lighting up this darkened night. Taehyung, window down was leaning on the palm of his hand watching life pass by as Hoseok was driving in the busy streets of Seoul. “Hm, where shall we go. Clubbing, Arcade- oh I could really go for a coffee right now after today or maybe a pizza... Maybe both!” Hoseok sighed feeling parched “whatever you want, you are treating me after all~” Taehyung teased eyeing Hoseok “Geeze, whatever!” he giggled in return not minding treating his ultimate bestie. Their friendship was a weird one, would you believe something so complicated turned into something beautiful in this corrupted world?

 

 

“I-I’m sorry for wasting your time…”

 A timid voice stood in the middle of the classroom, screens of black computer screens surrounding the two people in absolute silence. “Anything else?” a smile appeared on the person’s face sitting on the table legs crossed across the shy girl, standing in front of the man. Just by that single word the timid girl ran away, tears streaking down her face as the fear and realisation of rejection was too much to bare. As the girl ran down the hallway the short cherry haired boy leaned outside as he listened to the conversation. “Ah so the rumours are true…” Taehyung entered the room with a smirk on his face “You really are a devil in disguise” he giggled at his own remark “Hm? So, what if I am. Life’s boring without a little spice…right?” Hoseok leaned into Taehyungs a little bit smiling from the confrontation of this little snowflake. “I guess but it doesn’t give you a right to be an ” Taehyung sighed in response putting a hand behind his neck “I don’t appreciate you causing havoc around school, do you know how many girls and guys come up to me thinking that just by talking to you, you would change your mind? Urgh so annoying” “Sorry~” The tension in the room relaxed as the two youngsters sat in the empty classroom “I promise, I won’t cause you any more problems kay?” Hoseok showed his white, perfect smile slowly turning into a sorrowful one “Should have known your love was a game…”

 

 

“Now I can’t get you out of my brain, oh it’s such a shame…” Taehyung snapped out of his daydream as the memory faded, his eyes were wide, wiping them in realisation that he spaced out. It’s probably due to staring at a tv screen all day and Hoseok was singing to himself with the radio not having a care in the world. “Hey sleeping beauty! I hope you’re not going to sleep on me when we get there!” He winked as he parked the car. “Now let’s go, I’m starving!” Hoseok began to drag Taehyung out the car and into Nomio’s Pizzeria, a well-known pizza place in their local area. Fresh but deep fried smells could be sniffed as soon as you walked into the door that even the resistant Taehyung broke down and rushed into the pizzeria way before his friend. He stood in line telling Hoseok to save a seat. Because let’s be real, when you go to a fast food restaurants all the seats get booked. Every. Time. Taehyung couldn’t help but notice a pretty face across the tables and blank faces.

 A single man stood out with a receipt in his hand looking like he could murder for some serious garlic bread right now. “Huh…” Taehyung thought, staring at this singular blonde standing out of the crowd. His gaze stared off into the beauty noticing how sleek his jaw line was, how broad his shoulders were, he could be a real-life video game character from all Taehyung know but before he thought too much of it he heard a voice from the busy crowd. “Order 20!” looking down to his order he glanced back up with a smile reaching his hand out for his triple pizza express only to see a larger hand on the other side of the box “Oh, I must have heard it wrong…” It was him. The guy from across the room. They both froze in spot as they looked directly at each other.

 

“Uh…Excuse me sir” coughed the server from across the counter. These two men were holding the pizza box together had a stare off with each other. People swerved round the two and collected their orders around them but the server was quite tired of these two just standing there “Can you please stop lovingly staring at each other somewhere else? We are open to gay rights in Nominos but this is a fast pace environment and it’s a hazard to not only our other customers but yourself, we don’t really need to be sued for incompetence right no-“ “DON’T YOU ASSUME MY UALITY! Just because I ordered triple peperoni pizza doesn’t mean I’m gay-” Taehyung snatched the Pizza box and pouted before anything else he got cut off again. “Order 21!” another voice shouted from the counter with triple pizza express…But with garlic bread. “ . . . O-Oh that’s me.”