I became close to her

81 Pages

"Where to, Taetae?" Asked Tiffany when they got into Taeyeon's car.

 

"Secret." Taeyeon just grinned at her.

 

"If I hadn't known better, you already planned for this day."

 

"I'm going to be honest here, I totally forgot our friendsary because of my work, but because of my fast-functioning brain..." Taeyeon wiggled his eyebrows at Tiffany. "I came up with a last minute plan that we'll surely enjoy."

 

Third Page •

 

I became close to her.

 

I am now here at the library, reviewing my notes for our upcoming exam tomorrow when suddenly, she appeared in front of me. Yes, she. Tiffany.

 

"Hey." She beamed a smile at me.

 

"Hey to you too. What brings you here?"

 

"Same reason as you." She placed her things on the table and sat in front of me. "May I sit?"

 

"You already did." I chuckled.

 

"I'm asking out of courtesy." She grinned.

 

"I'm answering out of courtesy too." Then we both laughed.

 

"Shush!" The librarian went on our seats and scolded us.

 

"My, my, you didn't know the rules in the library, smarty pants?" Tiffany teased me in a low voice.

 

"My, my, you didn't know the rules in the library, dean's daughter?" I fired back.

 

"Yah!" She hissed lowly and glared at me.

 

"What?" I acted innocent.

 

"You. Kim Taeyeon. Review."  She pointed me and my books before focusing on her own.

 

After an hour or so, I heard a yawn.

 

"Sleepy?"

 

"Not yet." But she yawned again. Cute.

 

"Really?" I .

 

"Shush, Taetae. I'm focusing here."

 

"What?"

 

"What 'what' ?"

 

"What did you say?"

 

"I'm focusing here."

 

"Before that one."

 

"Shush Taetae?"

 

"Who's Taetae?"

 

I saw a faint blush on Tiffany's face before she spoke. "You."

 

"I don't remember changing my name to 'Taetae' ".  I furrowed my brows playfully.

 

"I-I gave you a nickname okay!" She admitted in defeat while blushing madly now. Cuter.

 

"Why? Are we close enough?"

 

"Kim Taeyeon! Are you for real?!" She crossed her arms to her chest and pouted. Cutest of all.

 

I had to control myself from laughing out loud after seeing her in her sulking state. The sight is very cute but funny at the same time.

 

"Okay, okay." I said while chuckling. "Call me anything you want."

 

"Really?" Her face lightened up.

 

"But in one condition."

 

"Oh... I didn't know you already learned giving conditions to people." She smirked.

 

"You can call me anything you want if you will join me at the amusement park after exams." I smiled widely at her, showing my chin dimple again.

 

"You don't need to force me, you know. I'm in for amusement parks! Yay!" She said out loud.

 

"Shush!"

 

"Oops." Then we both giggled.

 

~

 

"So how's exams?" Tiffany asked me the next day, while we were eating lunch at the cafeteria.

 

"So far so good."

 

"Why did I bother to ask the genius from the University of Seoul, you definitely did well." I chuckled at her statement.

 

"Hey, you said you will join me to the amusement park after exams." I said after we finished eating.

 

"I did. Why?"

 

"Wanna go now?"

 

"Now? As in right now? But I haven't changed from my uniform!"

 

"Oh come on, it will be fun!"

 

~

 

"Wow!" Tiffany exclaimed with excitement.

 

"Like it?"

 

"Are you even asking me now? Of course I love it!" She squealed and jumped like a kid. "I'm here at the amusement, I'm here to have amusement~"  She sang randomly. I chuckled at her antics.

 

"Let's go now!" I grabbed her smooth hand and led her to the entrance.

 

"Two tickets, ride all you can." I said to the person in the ticket booth.

 

"Here, sir." She gave us two wristbands,  blue and pink, so we just only need to wear them and show it so we can enter those rides. I gave Tiffany the pink one because I saw how her eyes sparked when she saw it.

 

"Why do you know me so well?" She playfully said.

 

"Because you are easier to understand than those equations and formulas." I smiled at her.

 

We rode many rides that day, from the childish but Tiffany's favorite 'merry go round' to the most extreme ride in the park, the roller coaster. I remembered Tiffany's face when she shouted out of fear while clinging to my arm as if her life depends on it. opened wide while her hair flew to different directions. It was so funny that I fought the urge to laugh out loud just to save her from embarrassment.

 

We also played many games around the park, I even won a big teddy bear on that shooting game which Tiffany had requested me to do. We had so much fun that we didn't realize it was already 9'o clock in the evening and the amusement park will be closing any minute right now.

 

"Oh crap! Taeyeon, quick! We gotta go home now!" She said in panic.

 

"Why do you look so panicked? Perhaps... you didn't inform your dad about your whereabouts?" I looked at her questioningly.

 

As if on cue, her phone rang.

 

"Hello? Daddy, I-"

 

"Stephanie Young Hwang! Where are you now?! It's almost 10 but you still didn't come home!" She didn't realize that her phone is on loudspeaker mode right now so I got to hear their conversation. I knew it. She didn't tell her father about our plan.

 

"Daddy I'm with-"

 

"With whom? Is that a girl or a boy? Do I know that person? Is that person treating you well? Is that-"

 

"I'm with Taeyeon, dad." She said in a flat tone, probably pissed from the 'cut offs'  by her father.

 

"TaeyeonTaeyeon Kim? The genius Taeyeon Kim?" Her dad asked in a surprised tone.

 

"Yes daddy."

 

"I didn't you were close to him."

 

"We're friends now dad."

 

"Amyways..." He cleared his throat before speaking. "Where are you now?"

 

"Amusement park."

 

"What?!" This late?!"

 

"We're already here since afternoon, dad. We're about to go home now."

 

"O-okay. Take care. Be safe on your way home. Send my regards to Taeyeon."

 

"Will do, daddy. Bye." She ended the call and turned to me. "Why are you grinning?"

 

I couldn't control myself and laughed out loud.

 

"What's so funny, huh?!" She crossed her arms to her chest and glared at me but no effect.

 

"I-I... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I held my stomach because it's aching from so much laughing.

 

"Kim Taeyeon." She said in s stern voice and I immediately stopped.

 

"Tell me what's so damn funny." Oh. I heard her curse for the first time.

 

"You didn't realize that you're on loudspeaker mode and I heard your conversation with your dad from the very start?" I grinned widely while she immediately turned red from embarrassment.

 

"You should've told me!" She sulked.

 

"I'm with Taeyeon, dad." I imitated her tone earlier.

 

"Yah!" She hit me on my arm and man, her smooth hand was made of steel. It hurts so bad!

 

"Oww!" I rubbed my injured arm while hissing.

 

"Serves you right." She sulked even more.

 

"I'm sorry, okay?" I gave her my puppy look while pouting.

 

"In one condition."

 

"Oh no, not again." I shook my head fast.

 

"Take it or leave it." She glared at me.

 

I sighed in defeat. "What is it?"

 

"You'll gonna give me a ride home and explain to my dad what happened today. I'm tired of telling the whole story to him so will you?" She said then yawned at the end.

 

"Alright. Let's get you home."

 

"Thank God I have an obedient friend like you." She smiled at me before yawning again.

 

~

 

Upon arriving at our next stop for the day, I asked her. "Remember this?"

 

"Wow!" She beamed an eyesmile. "You still remember the amusement park escapade? After seven years?"

 

"I wouldn't forget every single memory with you." I grinned at her.

 

"Cheesy. But thank you, Taeyeon." She held my hand and squeezed it gently.

 

"Let's go?"

 

"Let's."

 

~

 

A/N: Yay! Updated at last. I still have 2 more exams to go and I'm done, but I still got time to update this because of you guys. Hehehe. General Mathematics , I tell you. Anyways, what do you think of this story? For those who are confused, the italicized words are the ones written in Taeyeon's lost book, which he had been searching from Chapter 1. The non-italicized words are those happening in the present. I hope that clears yours confusion about the story. So, enjoy reading!