I befriended her

81 Pages

Taeyeon was sitting comfortably on the couch while watching a basketball match on the television when suddenly, a loud voice caught his attention.

 

"Taetae!"

 

Tiffany stood in front of him with arms crossed to her chest and a pout visible on her lips.

 

"What?"

 

"Do you know what day is it today?"

 

"It's Sunday."

 

"That's it?" Tiffany gave him a murderous glare.

 

"Is there something... that I forgot?" Taeyeon started to fidget on his seat, abandoning the basketball match he had been watching earlier.

 

"Yes! There is something you forgot Mr. Taeyeon Kim." Tiffany pointed her index finger at him. "It's our friendsary!"

 

"Ehh?!" Taeyeon's face became pale. How in the world did I ever forget that? Now, my Fany is mad. So, so mad.

 

"Kim Taeyeon! Out of all people, I didn't expect you to neglect it like this!" Tiffany's words were like a venom to Taeyeon, slowly killing him inside. "I can't with you!" She stomped her way out of his house when a pair of hands s to her waist and back hugged her.

 

"I'm sorry, deeply sorry." Taeyeon put his chin on Tiffany's shoulder as he inhaled her scent. "Please forgive me?"

 

"Fine. In one condition." Tiffany turned around to face him.

 

"What is it?"

 

"You'll gonna pay for our whole day expenses."

 

~

 

"This is fantastic!"

 

Taeyeon brought her to a fancy restaurant as a peace offering for forgetting their friendsary. Tiffany really enjoyed the food and ambiance of the place and Taeyeon can't be happier than that.

 

"How did you know this place, by the way?" Tiffany asked when they finished eating.

 

"A friend of mine recommended this to me, so I've gone here a few times and I fell in love with its ambiance."

 

"Who's that friend who recommended this to you?" Is that a she or a he?"

 

"Uh-oh. Jealous Hwang is back." Taeyeon teased.

 

"I'm not! I'm just asking." But the blush on her face betrayed her.

 

"But you're blushing." Taeyeon grinned wide, much to Tiffany's irritation.

 

"Whatever." Tiffany crossed her arms to her chest, a habit she does when she's annoyed and irritated.

 

"It's a he." Taeyeon started explaining. "He brought his girlfriend in this resto once and they enjoyed it. So he said, if I want to have a date with my special someone, I should bring that person here."

 

"So, I'm you special someone?" It's Tiffany's turn to .

 

"Not really." Taeyeon shrugged.

 

"Yah!" She hardly pinched Taeyeon's hand that was resting on the table.

 

"Ow ow! Okay, you win." He hissed while rubbing his pinched hand.

 

"Hehe." Tiffany grinned like a kid.

 

"After all this years, I still cant win over your childish acts."

 

"It's because I'm your best friend and you love me."

 

"How long has it been?"

 

"7 years to be exact."

 

• Second page •

 

I befriended her.

 

She already said that we are friends, but I felt like I need to make an effort to know her more if I want this friendship to blossom and grow.

 

"RM 1312... Where are you?" I tried really hard searching for my room but it's only 10 minutes left before the start of our class. I must not be late to make a good impression to my classmates and teacher.

 

"Still lost?" I turned around to see Tiffany looking at me with amusement.

 

"Uhh... Yeah." I scratched my non-itchy neck.

 

"What room are you?"

 

"RM-1312."

 

"Really? It's just right behind you." She pointed at the sign on the upper part of the door indicating that this is indeed my classroom. Taeyeon, you foolish punk. Aish.

 

"I uhh... Thank you Tiffany-ssi." I bowed to her in respect.

 

"What happened to 'Fany'? I thought we're already friends?" She frowned. Aish, wrong move again.

 

"I-I mean Fany! Thank you for your help. See you around." I gave a small smile before I had gone to my classroom.

 

"Taeyeon, wait!" I stopped in my tracks when she called me.

 

"Can we meet at the cafeteria for lunch?" She shyly said.

 

"Sure. My treat." This time, I showed her my chin dimple then finally entered the classroom.

 

My first day in this university is not bad as I had expected. The people here are approachable and friendly, unlike in my previous school, they only care about their grades, not even creating a special bond between classmates and teachers. I made a few friends from my class, namely Sooyoung and Yuri. They are Koreans like me, but migrated in America in an early age. Both are funny when cracking jokes and I enjoyed their company, but not as much as I enjoyed being with Tiffany.

 

I've never been this excited for lunch through my years of studying. Every second seems like a minute, and every minute seems like an hour. I can't wait to see her and her smile again.

 

When the bell rang, I dashed out of the room and immediately went to the school's cafeteria. It's not so me. Usually, I leave the room after everyone is gone but this time, it's different.

 

After arriving in the cafeteria, I searched for a vacant table and luckily I had found an empty table for two. I sat there and plugged my earphones while waiting for her.

 

Twenty minutes after lunch, she still hasn't show up. I started to be nervous and make negative scenarios in my head. What if she forgot about our lunch? What if she ditched me purposely?

 

"What if she doesn't want to be my friend anymore?" I voiced out my thought.

 

"Who says?"

 

I jumped in shock when a person spoke behind me. I ly to look at Tiffany's frowning face.

 

"Do you really doubt me?" She frowned more. I hate to see her like this.

 

"N-No! I-I just thought..." Think, Taeyeon. Think!

 

"Am I that really hard to befriend?" Tears are tempting to escape from her beautiful eyes.

 

I fought the urge to hug her but it's too strong so I followed my instinct and hugged her securely.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm just being negative that time. I thought you wouldn't show up and ditch me completely."

 

"I showed up here, didn't I? I searched for you in your classroom, you weren't there. I searched for you in the whole campus thinking that you were lost again but thank God you found the cafeteria." I chuckled at her statement.

 

"Let's order first, shall we?"

 

After munching on our foods, I started to make a conversation with her.

 

"What you said earlier..."

 

"What?"

 

"You think you're really hard to befriend?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm the dean's daughter, Taeyeon." She sighed.

 

"So?" I raised my brows at her statement. It doesn't make any sense at all.

 

"People think that I'm a girl born with a golden spoon and a spoiled brat of my dean daddy. They also think that I got the Student Council President position because of my father." Her eyes can't hide her true emotion from me. There lies sadness, hurt and longing.

 

"That's not true."

 

"But they tend to think of it that way."

 

"I don't think like the others. I'm a genius from University of Seoul, right?"

 

"Cocky." My statement made her chuckle a bit, which I am thankful.

 

"Really. Being a dean's daughter doesn't mean to say that you got all the privileges in your hands. Sometimes, you gotta prove yourself to show that you are worth it."

 

"And that's what I'm planning to do. Proving myself that I'm a good friend so that befriending me is worth it."

 

"You don't need to prove yourself to me anymore. It's worth it befriending you."

 

~

A/N: Hello guys! I'll be apologizing beforehand if I can't update this week or the following week because our quarterly exams are coming up. You know, craking our brains to recall all the lessons that had been taught to us. By the way, can I request two things from you guys? First, who can make a book cover for my stories? I badly needed those. For creativity purposes I suppose. And second, I would like to see your comments about this story, so drop it down, be it positive or negative. I love seeing your comments because I know that you had appreciated my work even though I can't reply to them all. That's all. I hope my request is nothing much. Enjoy reading!