I met her

81 Pages

"Where did I ever leave that book?"

 

"What book?"

 

"Omo!" Taeyeon held up his chest, shocked from the sudden appearance of his best friend, Tiffany.

 

"What book, Tae?" Tiffany arched up her eyebrows, waiting for the latter to answer her question.

 

"Uhh... It's nothing." Taeyeon scratched his non-itchy neck.

 

"You sure?" 

 

"Yep, go on with what you're doing." Taeyeon turned his back from her and mumbled, "That was close."

 

• First page •

 

I met her.

 

She was wearing a white knee-length dress, her brown wavy hair swaying with the wind, her eyes turning into crescents when she smiles brightly.

 

"Hi! I'm Tiffany. And you are?"

 

For the first time in forever, I felt my tongue left my mouth, as I can't even utter a word to the goddess in front of me. I just stared at her face; her beautiful, bare face.

 

"Mister?"

 

That snapped me out of my thoughts and cleared my throat.

 

"I-I'm Taeyeon." Congratulations on your stuttering, Kim.

 

"Oh, Taeyeon! Nice name, and nice to meet you." She lifted her hand for a shake and mine trembly shook it. I still can't forget how smooth her hand is, as our skin made contact with each other. Cliché as it sounds, but I felt sparks the first time we touched. It's a good feeling though.

 

"Would you like me to tour you around? If you don't mind, that is." She hesitantly said.

 

"I would like to!" My voice was too loud for my liking, obviously wanting her to stay with me for a while.

 

Her chuckle was music to my ears. "You're cute."

 

You're. Cute. She. Said. I'm. Cute. Nope. I'm. Not. I'm. Dead.

 

"A-Am I?" That was too dumb for me to ask.

 

"Yes, you are. Let's go!" She led the way around the school which I had transferred. The facilities are good, the rooms look comfortable to learn but I'm more comfortable with her presence. Later on, she took me to the dean's office to arrange my remaining papers.

 

"Daddy!" Ehh? What daddy?

 

"Stephanie! You're here." A man greeted her back. Who's Stephanie? And who's the man who greeted her?

 

"Yes, dad. I toured Taeyeon around the school. You know, to familiarize the surroundings." 

 

"That's kind of you, Steph. Mr. Kim, right?" The man turned to me.

 

"Yes, sir." I slightly nodded.

 

"You already have your papers with you?"

 

"Yes, I have." Then I fished out the papers from my backpack. Mostly records from my previous school.

 

The man scanned my documents then smiled. "Wow. University of Seoul. You must be really smart."

 

"N-Not really, sir." What's with me and stuttering these days?

 

"Oh come on, don't be shy with us. I'm Mr. Henry Hwang, by the way." He reached my hand to shake.

 

"You're the dean, right?"

 

"Uhuh, and this is my daughter, Stephanie. I'm sure you already know her, right?" Even though he smiled warmly at me, I can't help but to be surprised that this girl beside me is one lucky girl. Beautiful features, nice personality, dean's daughter, probably a rich kid. What more can she ask for?

 

"So Mr. Kim, I hope you enjoy your study here at California State University. See you around!"

 

After leaving the office, she finally spoke again.

 

"You still have questions, Taeyeon?"

 

"Who's Stephanie?"

 

She chuckled for the second time around."It's me."

 

"Then who's Tiffany?"

 

This time, she laughed. "It's also me, why do you ask?"

 

"I thought-"

 

"That Stephanie and Tiffany are two different persons?" She smiled in amusement. "Stephanie is my real name. My dad gave it to me. As for Tiffany, my friends gave me that nickname, since they believe that my real name is too long to pronounce."

 

"Can I call you Fany instead?" . Where did that come from?

 

"What?" Yeah, I know. She's a bit- no. Really surprised.

 

"Never mind. Forget that I said it." 

 

"You can call me Fany in one condition." The smile never left her lips.

 

"Huh?"

 

"You can call me Fany if you agree to be my friend." She pointed her index finger at me.

 

"S-sure."

 

She lifted my left hand and linked my index finger with hers, just like in pinky swear.

 

"Friends."

~

A/N: Yay! New story! Please do support this story as much as you had supported 'Toujours Belle'. Taeyeon is a guy here coz I'm more into gender bender these days. Also, This is a bit of cliché but it's Taeny so it's okay 😁 Enjoy reading!