five

fam(ily) || parkjimin ff

Jimin was texting you nonstop, asking if you've spotted them. The baby blue was switched out with a dark, navy. Tiny specks dotted the night drop. Minseo was yelling her sister's name with all her breath. Your throat was raw from screaming for them.

A strange feeling overcame you. A rush of fear and anxiety mixed together and washed over your entire system. Tears were welling, blurring your vision. There were just too much bushes, too many plants. Nothing resembled two small children.

Losing them felt like something was robbed from you. You had no where to look and everywhere you did look, there was nothing, only dark blue skies and rows of leaves. Minseo heard your whimpers and wrapped her arms around your neck.

"Ms.(Y/N), I'm sorry for making you cry." Her tiny voice filled your left ear. You patted her back and shook her head. Children were so pure. They weren't exposed to anything that would deem harmful to them. They weren't ruined by the scary world.

"Monkey, are you cold?" You managed to sniff, your throat aching.

"No, because you keep me warm." She smiled. Even in the worst types of situations, she was able to make you smile.

they're not in the trees, or the center, or the field. (Y/N), how could this have happened?

we can't start blaming ourselves right now, Jimin. Come to the garden, i need you.

Your jumbled mind refused to let you think straight. The feeling was so foreign, nothing like you've ever felt. It surpassed the anxiousness of losing your keys or your phone. You lost something that meant practically everything to you.

You loved the twins with all your heart. They weren't hard to love. Minseo and Minjoo were the two kindest souls you've ever met. They had beautiful smiles that had your knees weak. They rarely fought and they treated you with such respect and pampered you with wholesome love.

Besides Jimin, they were your happiness. They needed to be protected and you wanted to be the one to do that for them. They deserved to be happy and you promised yourself that you'd never let their smiles fade. It was a small oath you made to yourself over the course of the months. You were there for them when they needed you.

Traveling deeper into the garden, you heard wailing. Minseo's head popped up and she pointed to where it was coming from. You ran, with every ounce of energy you had left. Screaming for them, you heard the sobs get louder.

Using your free arm, you pushed back bushes and removed pots of flowers. Minjoo and Jihoon were cuddled up next to one another with streams of waterfalls falling from their shut eyes.

"Oh Monkey.." You cooed and set Minseo down. She hurried to pick up her sister, who was covered in dirt. You helped Jihoon up from the ground and dusted him off.

There was a part of you that wanted to scold them for running off on their own, but their crying states reassured you that they had learned their lesson. You were just relived and overjoyed that you found them again. They were safe.

You brought them close to your chest and let them destroy your pastel dress. Hearing them cry made your heart hurt. Small tears stained your face and you rubbed their shaking backs.

Minseo lead the way and held onto Jihoon's hand. He had stopped sobbing after they were found again. However, Minjoo would not stop bawling her eyes out. She felt horrible, knowing that she caused such trouble. She was also grateful that you were her hero and saved her from the scary garden.

Jimin was sprinting from the path and immediately hugged you, with Minjoo still in your arms. He kissed the top of her head repeatedly, brushing the dirt that was caught in her strands. You handed her over to the distressed father and he closed his eyes to embraced her.

"Daddy!" Minjoo cried louder.

He was squeezing her tightly, making sure she was actually existent. "I love you so much, JooJoo. Don't ever scare me like that again." He whispered into her ear and she clung onto his shirt.

"I'm sorry. Jihoon and I were playing hide and seek and we didn't know how big the garden was. We got lost. I was afraid that you'd never be able to find me again." She mumbled, hiccuping between every sentence.

"It's okay, my pumpkin. All that matters now is that you're safe." His eyes opened to see your worry expression dissipate. You shied away from his gaze and wiped the last tears that fell.

"Daddy, you're so strong. You were the only one who didn't cry." Minseo noted and Jimin remained staring at you.

He took your hand and ran his thumbs against your knuckles. "Ms.(Y/N) cried too?" Minjoo turned around in his arms to look at you.

"A little bit. We were worried about you two, JooJoo!" Minseo jumped, her small body talking for her.

"I'm sorry, Ms.(Y/N), for making you cry." The two children apologized and an ashamed frown appeared on their faces.

"It's okay." There was nothing more you could say. You were calm now and it didn't make sense as why you reacted the way you did.

"She must've been more worried and spooked than I was." Jimin commented. "Thank you and I'm sorry about your dress... and this entire date." 

You dusted off any excess dirt, "don't even sweat it, Jimin. I'm only thrilled that they're safe now. Nothing can top that feeling of relief." 

"Spoken like a true parent." He smiled and you laughed it off. You weren't entirely sure what he meant by that. "Let's go home. It's been a long day." He sighed and Minseo grabbed your hand. She hurried you over to the vehicle, not wanting you to stay out any longer in the chilly night.

-

"Since when were you two dating?" Jungkook interrogated Jimin in the lounge room. He was brewing another batch of coffee and Jimin was enjoying his lunch on the couch.

Jimin rose a brow, "we aren't dating, at least not officially."

"Are you still in high school? Does it really matter if things are official, she's someone you're seeing." Jungkook mixed his creamer with the dark, black liquid.

Jimin wondered what to exactly call you. You two see each other on multiple occasions and went out with one another. Nonetheless, he's never explicitly asked you to be his. You both knew you had feelings for one another, and wanted to keep seeing each other. Fear was honestly the only hesitation Jimin was facing.

He was afraid of becoming too serious and if you weren't comfortable with that. You were still young and he shouldn't restrict you to a family. He remembered how his life changed drastically when the twins were born. He was no longer a free-spirited kid who partied every night. He had to look for a stable job to pay for the girls' diapers and finish school as fast as possible.

Jimin was up juggling studying for his midterms and making sure the twins were fed. He knew the stress and burden it could cause. You were in school and living out your early twenties. He didn't want to rob that from you. He knew you would think it would be fine, but he experienced it. Even though he wouldn't give up the twins for anything in the world, he still missed the small things. He didn't want you to miss those things.

"Yeah, but it's complicated." Jimin made room for Jungkook to join him.

"Is it only complicated because of the twins? How do they like her?"

His face gleamed at the chance to talk about you and his girls. That was one of his favorite topics. "They love her. Sometimes more than me. She takes really good care of them. She means a lot to them, I can tell. It's like they're attached."

"Okay, so what's the complication?" Jungkook didn't understand why Jimin was being so hesitant. It wasn't a secret that Jimin was head over heels for you, any fool could tell.

"She's young. I don't want to take those years away from her. She should be traveling, hooking up with guys from college, going to raves. I don't know — living her life! Not being stuck in a serious relationship with a dad of twins." He sighed and Jungkook saw the sadness reeking from Jimin's clothes.

"Not everyone was like us in college. It's not like she was doing any of that prior to meeting you, all she does is work. Also, you never asked if she's okay with it." Jimin ran his hand through his hair and loosened his tie.

"I know she'll say she's fine with it because that's the kind of person she is. The sweetest soul I know. Did I tell you we lost JooJoo a couple of weeks ago when we took them out with us?"

"Jimin, you lost your kid?!" Taehyung walked through and planted himself on the opposite cushion.

"She was playing hide and seek with her friend and disappeared into that garden by that one park." He explained, watching Taehyung steal some of his food.

"She was more worried than I was, crying her eyes out over my missing daughter. She looked beautiful that day too, she had this dress on and the kids ruined it with dirt from the garden. You know what she said?"

"That it was fine, as long as they were safe?" Jungkook responded.

Jimin nodded, "exactly. So how can I tell her what I want knowing that she'd put me before herself?"

"That sounds complicated." Taehyung inputted.

"See. It's complicated. I just enjoy her company and I don't want to rush to label us as official. That makes things serious and as much as I want that, I wouldn't do that to her." Jimin snatched his lunch from Taehyung's hungry grip.

"I'm only saying you might as well be. You more than enjoy her company. You're madly in love with her." Jungkook teased.

"I'll admit I like her, a lot. Love is pushing it. She means so much to me and I feel like it's because she entered my life so unexpectedly."

"I know. I remember when you told us that she's actually the teacher assistant to the twins' teacher, I was so confused, mainly because I knew her from the club. It's almost like fate." Taehyung got up to search the cabinets for office snacks.

Jungkook said, "how long have you've known her? It feels like forever."

"We met five months ago. I've been seeing her for the past three months. It's been a while. It was a long time of daily morning drop off talks, where we'd get so shy trying to keep up a conversation. I thought about her so much to the point where I started seeing her in my dreams too." Jimin could go on and on about you. He didn't get embarrassed because he wasn't ashamed of what he felt. He was a grown man who finally fell for someone after trapping his feelings for several long years.

"I haven't seen you like this since the twins were born." Taehyung munched on chips and leaned over the lounge counter. Jungkook nodded, agreeing with him.

"I haven't felt like this since the twins were born. The last girl I genuinely liked was six years ago." 

"She's the one, isn't she?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung stared at Jimin for his answers.

Jimin pondered, wondering if you were his one. He thought about you and how you never failed to make him happy. You had an ability to keep him calm. He never told you, but he didn't freak out as much as he thought he would when he lost Minjoo. It was because of you. Just being there kept him sane.

It must've been a while before Jimin finally answered, "she's the one."

-

"There is actually a big reason as to why we called you all out here for dinner tonight." Jen announced to everyone sitting at the big dinner table. You had accompanied Jimin to Jen's dinner. Apparently, she had begged Jimin to bring you along and you couldn't say no to him.

You sat next to him and twins were at his other side. They tossed around their seat and played with the restaurant's fancy table cloth. You thought it was going to be a simple dinner, but when you arrived, you saw about ten other people.

Jimin said it was a lot of Jen's and her boyfriend's close friends. Everyone seemed to know Minseo and Minjoo. They were both very well mannered and greeted everyone that approached them. Jimin knew a majority of their friends, while you confusingly clung to his side.

He introduced you by your name, never specifying what you were to him. Everyone kept asking if you were his girlfriend, and Jimin only shrugged. It wasn't a direct answer.

"We're getting married." Jen and her boyfriend said in unison. They showed their identical rings and the white smiles glittered under the dim restaurant lights.

"No way! Congratulations you two!" Everyone cheered and started raising their champagne glasses: a toast for the couple's engagement.

"I knew something was fishy." Jimin commented and the girls excitedly ran up to hug her. "Congratulations Jen."

"Actually Jimin, can I speak to you for a moment?" Jen's eyes darted suspiciously around the table. Jimin nodded and followed her outside.

Once Jimin was gone, everyone started to interrogate you.

"How long have you two been together?" 

"Have do you feel about him having kids?"

"What do you do for a living?"

"How old are you?"

"Are you his girlfriend?"

You weren't sure how to answer any of them. Jimin had never discussed anything about labels. You two went on dates and liked each other a lot, however he never made things official. You weren't waiting for him to ask, you would do it in a heartbeat to make things clear. You weren't sure if he wanted that.

Jimin had become an adult at a young age. He was very mature and had a family to take care of. You didn't know if you were more than just pass time to him. He meant the world to you and your first priority was to never hurt him. He treated you well, but there was still that stigma of meeting men from the club.

Of course, you didn't expect to see him after that night. Nonetheless, you didn't know if he wanted you. You were okay with being a simple friend or someone to keep him company, it was anything to keep him happy. He deserved to be happy.

Just when you were about to clarify that you were friends, Minseo beat you to it. "She's our Daddy's favorite person in the world."

"Oh really?" People were chatting among themselves.

"No Monkey. You and your sister are his most favorite in the world. Not me." Your palms turned warm and slick with sweat. You weren't necessarily trying to deny your feelings for him, you merely grew shy.

"Daddy likes you a lot, even more than me and sissy." Minjoo commented, adding more fuel to everyone's gossip. Even if you weren't sure if it was true, it still made your heart run and leap all over. It was still hard to believe Jimin liked you, in any way.

You two weren't the same age and worked two completely separate jobs. He lived a different life from yours. You felt a little under experienced for him, like you should be putting in more effort than you were now. You weren't good at relationships, and often blamed yourself for many of their endings.

You shook your head at the girls' silly comments and sipped the expensive bubbly liquid. "You're shy, it's normal. You don't have to answer any of our ridiculous questions. We were just surprised to finally see Jimin with someone. It was always him and the twins."

You've thought about Jimin's past relationships and grew curious as to the different women in his life. He didn't speak of it. Ever. Maybe it was because his late wife meant that much to him. He was a loyal man, and it was probably extremely hard for him to cope with meeting someone new.

"Yeah, after Stacey died and the twins entered his life, I've never seen him with a girlfriend." Another person added.

"Bless his heart, honestly, for taking care of them and Jen because he really didn't have to."

"I mean Stacey was one of his best friends, he felt responsible." Everyone was talking among themselves now about Jimin. You sat there, silently, and absorbing all the newfound information about him. It was strange. Jimin didn't go into depth about his life or his past. He seemed closed off or lived in the now.

There was always an elephant in the room — the twins. The curiosity about their whereabouts or their past intrigued you. Jimin never mentioned his wife, assuming her name was Stacey, or how things ended up the way it did. You didn't want to be rude and ask him a bunch of uncomfortable questions, but the questions remained. How did things end up like it did?

"He hasn't been with someone for what? Six years? You're the first in a while." Someone nodded towards you.

"Jimin use to be wild. He'd have girls left and right at him. He was that older upperclassmen that everyone wanted to be friends with or sleep with. Jimin was so different than how he is now. He's always been sweet and kindhearted, but he's matured a lot. I remember when the entire campus knew he had twins, everyone freaked out. He stopped all that crazy drinking and partying. He didn't hook up with random girls anymore. He studied and got out of college to get a job immediately." That was shocking to you.

Jimin was no doubt attractive and well-built, but you didn't expect him to be the type of college boy you'd see at the club on a Friday night. The piercing images of fraternities or kids getting turned up at your work scarred you. They were all annoying and ignorant, so you couldn't imagine Jimin like that. He was put together when you met him, he merely looked like someone who had a bad day at work. The idea of him constantly hooking up with girls made you slightly insecure.

You were in college, but you didn't participate in that type of lifestyle. College was about having fun for the last four years before you become an adult. You were envious from time to time seeing everyone your age having a great time while you mixed their drinks. You weren't outstandingly pretty or made yourself seem that way. Yours and Jimin's life seem to be even more different than before.

Then the real question stood: does he even want to be in a relationship with you?

Jimin came back after a while, his face long and weary. Jen looked off putting as well. Whatever it was it was bad news. Jimin tried to be uplifting, but you could tell it was hard.

He felt your concerning eyes watching him and he held your thigh underneath the table. He whispered, "I'll tell you later."

You nodded, feeling guilty that you begged him with your stare. "You don't have to."

He turned to smile at you, weakly. "I want to. It somewhat involves you." A million possibilities filled your mind. You? How were you involved?

Jimin must've seen your worried expression, because he gave you a little squeeze to bring you back down from your whirling head. "It's going to be fine." He kissed your cheek. Someone down the table made a whistle noise and cheered him on. Everyone was doing the same.

"We should toast to Jimin's new girlfriend too. After an entire six years, he's found someone." People began raising their glasses and cheering. You weren't sure how to react, so you let Jimin orchestrate the situation.

"Everyone, you don't have to. Stop making this all weird for her. She's going to leave me by the end of tonight." His dazzling smile shined as someone handed him a glass.

"Come on, Jimin. It's a huge thing. It's a small toast to recognize your relationship."

"We're not in a relationship." You were so overwhelmed, you blurted out the first thing you could think of. Everyone's faces started to settle and people were distraught. Jimin's hand retreated from your thigh and he set down the glass. The atmosphere was suffocating and intense. You weren't sure how anything you could've said would make it better.

"I mean– we're seeing each other. But we're not official. I'm not his girlfriend." You continued and you wanted to stop yourself. Maybe it was the alcohol talking. People talked to one another, chatter increasing. It was extremely embarrassing for both you and Jimin. An instant regret washed over you when you saw Jimin shift in his seat, uncomfortably.

"Well, sorry that we assumed anything." Someone tried to laugh it off, but the air was still stiff and people were still uneasy.

-

In the car, Jimin didn't speak much. The twins fell asleep during the ride, so it was filled with tense silence.

"Jimin, I'm sorry about what I said. I shouldn't have said anything at all. I— was lost— overwhelmed with everything. They were asking me questions that I couldn't answer." His grip relaxed on the steering wheel and he peeked over at you.

"Don't apologize. You're right. You're not my girlfriend. Sorry if I made it seem like you were — to them, I mean. We never talked about what this was, but it made sense as to what you said." Jimin spoke in a softer manner. His tone was smooth and it was almost like a lullaby.

"I feel bad about it because I like you, I really do and I know you like me too. I don't know what to call us." You sighed, frustrated for being such an idiot. Jimin grabbed your hand and held it on top of the middle console.

"You don't need to worry about that all. I like you, that's all that matters." It was as if his words and his touch removed all the horrible feelings you felt a second ago. A magic touch, something only Jimin acquired.

-

Jimin needed you more than ever. This was finally your opportunity to be there for him. He told you what had happened a week after the dinner. Jen had pulled him over to tell him that she was moving.

Jen was moving to London because her fiance had a new job offering, a glorious offer that he couldn't past up. They planned that after the wedding, they were going to live together in the new country. That meant leaving the twins and Jimin.

She had been helping Jimin the twins' entire lives. She was his extra pair of hands when he was too busy to pick them up from school or if he needed someone to babysit. Jen was there for him and the girls. She told him that she could no longer tend to them like how she use to. That put Jimin in a difficult spot.

Minjoo and Minseo were both still young and barely started elementary school. He wasn't sure how he could possibly take care of them alone. That was when Jen offered you. You entered their lives now, practically a part of their happy family. Jimin could lean on you if he needed anything.

He said that it was bizarre and completely unfair to you. You weren't obligated to the family and had other responsibilities in your life. You had a job that required to work difficult hours at night right after a day job. He could only see you during the weekends.

It was a lot to ask of you because the job at the club restricted you from living your life. Before Jimin and the girls, you didn't have much to live for. You went to school and school meant money, so you worked. You didn't care if you didn't have time for friends or family. Your education and forming your future was your top priority to the point where you'd stoop so low for it.

Things have changed though. Maybe the family was a blessing in disguise. Maybe it was time to change. You had something to live for now. You had something that wasn't in your own control. It was always you that you needed to worry about. You had to only take care of yourself.

You were willing to be there for them. Jimin underestimated how much they meant to you. If they needed you, then you'll be there for them. Your only problems were probably finding a new job that fits a lighter schedule and having to face Wes.

Wes had no clue about you and Jimin, not that he'd care much. However, he was possessive and you weren't sure how he'd react to you quitting. He'd still try to hook up with you, and you've let him once or twice every two weeks.

But you didn't feel comfortable with that anymore, especially now that you're seeing Jimin, who didn't know you were sleeping with Wes. It felt wrong sneaking around behind his back, so you had to end things are fast as possible.

"How's my favorite bartender?" Wes ran his hands down your waist. You stiffen and patted your wet hands on your uniform.

"I'm fine." You awkwardly turned to face him, a strained smile on your face. You've decided that you'll let him have you for one more night, so he wouldn't get too mad at you.

"Where's my kiss?" He gripped the back of your neck and you whimpered at his force.

"I-I'm at the front bar right now. I don't think it's right to be intimate, Wes." You stammered, scared that he'd break your neck.

"When do I give a if people see? I'm the boss around here, (Y/N). I decide if you lose your job. Do you have a boy toy here that you're afraid to see you kissing another man?" Wes had grew suspicious over the course of the months. You've never explicitly mentioned Jimin, but it was obvious you were hiding someone.

You shook your head, and Wes pushed your face into his. You scrunched up your face, not kissing him back. You hated kissing him. A kiss was an intimate thing that people shared and Wes ruined that for you.

Suddenly, you heard a loud crash at your side. A glass broke at your foot. Wes pulled away and you faced the culprit that threw the cup. It was Jen.

She stood over the counter, repulsed and inflamed. Her tiny body boiled as she yelled at you from the top of her lungs, "how dare you!? How could you do this to Jimin or the girls? You are a thoughtless . I can't believe I thought for even a moment to trust you with their love. You played us all, (Y/N), bravo. Jimin doesn't deserve to be played by someone like you."

Wes let go of your waist and observed while leaning against the work station. You were too shocked to registered what was happening. "Jen.. please, let me explain.."

"I don't need you to explain anything. What I saw was enough for me to make my final verdict. You are no longer allowed to see them. Stay the away from my family. I refuse to let Jimin fall in love with someone just for her to hurt him like this. He's suffered enough in his life, he's a great guy. You are not the person I thought you were. I thought that I could leave them in your hands, that I actually liked you. I was so wrong. You're trash." Her voice was loud and clear, ringing in your ears. Streams were running down her face and a few of her friends watched from behind her, stunned at the scene.

Before you knew it, tears were falling down your face as well. You stood there motionless. "It-Its- a misunderstanding."

"Save it, (Y/N). Just stay the away from us. You never belonged in the first place. Did you actually think that you could fill the shoes of their mother? You don't know a single thing about a family. Stop trying to stick yourself in somewhere you don't ing belong." That stung you. Every word she said hurt like a dagger. You were pouring blood from your open wounds.

She was right. You never belonged in their family. How dare you interject in their lives like that? How could you burden Jimin with all your worries and think about treating the girls like your own? You didn't know how to love a family.

Jen berated on, "you don't have to pretend to like Jimin anymore or that you care for the twins. I thought of you as family. Unbelievable. I don't know what sick game you play, but you don't have to do this anymore. Don't you dare try to contact Jimin, or I will expose all of this to him." 

You had no defense, no words for yourself. You broke the first rule you had for yourself. You hurt Jimin. You should've known better, that you couldn't hold onto things for long. You didn't think for anyone besides yourself.

Jen rushed off, her friends following her. Wes crossed his arms and ducked low to face you. "So I was right. You do have a boy toy. Amazing." He was being sarcastic with his last compliment. You cried, ashamed of who you were.

Wes shook his head and walked off. A customer was calling for your attention. You'd almost forgot you were still at work, so you wiped up your tears to serve him.

-

Wes let you off for the next two weeks because of how wrecked you were. He was afraid that you would scare off customers and that he didn't want to see a slacker at work. You had no effort to work anyways. The life was out of your entire body.

You avoided him like how Jen told you to. You stayed away. Jimin would not stop texting or calling you, even after you decided to call things off. He'd come to your apartment, knocking and calling after you. You didn't answer, instead you cried in your bed at the sound of his voice.

You missed him.

Kim told you not to show up at school either, judging by how things went down. She said that Jimin asked about you every morning and the girls would cry every time they didn't see you. It was heartbreaking. You couldn't explain yourself.

Jen hated your guts. She had every right to. Kim tried to console you that it wasn't your fault and that Jimin would understand. But you pleaded her not to say anything to him. You knew it would bring him great pain knowing that Wes gets to kiss and touch you in ways that Jimin hasn't even.

You thought about them everyday and you sobbed every night. You were filled with defeat and sadness. You blamed yourself for everything. Your selfish acts left you with a mess. You were so greedy to be loved by someone who wasn't an , who knew how to treasure your time.

After the years that Wes has been treating you like , you only wanted to be loved. Was it wrong for you to want such a simple thing? However, in this case, if things went bad, you didn't just hurt one person. You hurt a group. If you hurt Jimin, it meant that you hurt the twins as well.

You were an idiot to think that you could waltz into their family and fit in. They were living happily before you and now they were miserable. You let them get too attached before they could realize that you were a horrible, selfish person.

The more you were alone, the more time you had to reflect about why Jimin never made things official between the two of you. It made sense. Jimin probably sensed that something was wrong with you. He felt uneasy and didn't want to invest his time fully into a relationship with you. He couldn't trust you.

He never spoke of his past or strange things that occurred because he didn't think he could confide in you. He caught onto your ugly heart before you could stop it from showing.

-

Jimin had never been so confused in his life. He wasn't sure why you weren't talking to him or why you suddenly wanted to stop seeing him. He thought the feelings were mutual, he made it clear.

However, there was still that chance that you didn't like him as much as he liked you. He couldn't get that scene out of his head. The night of Jen's dinner when you told everyone that you two weren't dating, how you weren't his girlfriend. Maybe you didn't like him that much.

It tore him to bits and pieces and he felt like a fool for falling so hard for you. He probably pressured you too much to see him, or you felt bad for a single father of twins. Whatever it was, it destroyed him.

His frail heart wouldn't give up on you though. He checked up on you regularly, even if you didn't want to see him. He needed to know how you were doing or if you were eating. He missed you too much to stop caring.

"Just give it up, Jimin. She doesn't want to see you." Kim explained over and over every morning.

"Please, Ms. Kim. I only need to know if she's okay." 

"She's fine." Kim seemed doubtful, but she was the only one Jimin could rely on. "If you want to know how she is, call her yourself."

"She won't answer any of my texts or calls. I visit her but she doesn't answer. I've taken it as she doesn't want me to bother her anymore. She wants nothing to do with me because I probably was responsible for it. You're the only one I could ask to know how she is." Jimin's hair was messy and his appearance wasn't the same as it use to be.

Kim knew that it wasn't his fault, but she couldn't break your trust. She couldn't do anything for Jimin, but to lie that you were okay. "Get over her, Jimin. It's only for the best."

The twins were having a hard time as well. Jimin heard them crying almost every night, wondering where you ran off to. They were disheartened that you abandoned them, like how their real mother did. Jimin knew that wasn't your intent. You loved the twins.

Everything was all over the place. Jimin felt like a dog chasing after a goose, crashing into a tree every four seconds. You were the one, someone he thought it would take him years to meet. He was growing impatient every year, but there you were.

You gleamed in every spotlight and made him dizzy. You made him feel jittery, like when he had too many cups of the office's coffee. Something about you made him thankful to the heavens that you two could finally be together.

Jungkook and Taehyung wouldn't leave his side, knowing his conditions weren't good. They were great friends, but Jimin didn't have enough heart to appreciate them. He could only think about his aching heart and the emptiness that accompanied him after you left.