four

fam(ily) || parkjimin ff

"That was their mother's aunt. Don't worry about it, (Y/N)." Jimin rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness. He tried to smile to reassure you that things were going to be fine, but he could hardly get himself to.

You stepped towards him and hugged him. Your wet hair clung against his shirt, soaking through the cloth. His familiar sweet strawberry scent hit his nose, but for some reason, it smelled better on you. He pulled you in closer, to the point where your torsos were touching and your warmth from the shower wrapped him as well.

Jimin has never felt such serenity in his life. Embracing you calmed his waters, like all his worries suddenly vanished. That was what you did. You did that, his solace.

You pulled away and merely blinked at him. He couldn't read your expression — possibly a mixture of emotions. Confusion. Compassion. Sympathy. You were searching him, finding any way to understand what had happened. "Bad blood?"

"Something like that." Jimin shrugged, dropping eye contact and still holding you in his arms. He was afraid to let go, thinking you might never come back to him.

"I won't push it." You smiled. That incredible, infamous smile. You didn't need the explanation, you just simply understood and he loved it. He wouldn't know how to tell you, maybe when the time was right. "I got your shirt wet.."

He looked down at his white tee and laughed at the water patches. Jimin grabbed the ends of his shirt and pulled it over his head. He was use to walking around the house without a shirt, so it didn't occur to him how strange it may have been for you. His eyes landed on your bright pink cheeks — a notable signature that you had — and your wide eyes.

"You're really cute." He chuckled, and pinched your hot cheek lightly. He walked to his room to grab another shirt, leaving you stunned at him in his living room.

-

You had moved back into your apartment and Kim was finally back. You weren't sure how many more days you could last without strangling Ingrid. Your uncle's vitals were stable and he was recovering quickly. Kim was glad she was back too.

She was back on her feet after two hours of settling back in, it was extraordinary. You aspired to be someone like her. She was admirable and you were proud to be related to such a strong woman.

You and Jimin contacted frequently after you moved out, he texted you often and invited you over for dinner almost every night. After leaving the small family, you realized how much you missed them.

You wandered your massive apartment and felt lost in it. An eerie silence always lingered in the air and it was cold. There was no warmth or happiness around every corner. There was no Jimin or the twins. It was quiet and you had to stop yourself from running back to them every night.

Minseo and Minjoo would ask you when you were coming back. They would plead for you to stay and even go to the extent of begging you to move in with them. You couldn't let yourself get greedy and often tried to frown upon their behavior. It helped with your impulses of agreeing with them.

If they just pleaded you a little more, you would've packed your things and moved in with them. The problem was that you couldn't. Jimin and you weren't exclusive or anything official. You were his friend, even if you two had feelings for one another.

Jimin went back to work, so you no longer saw him after school. However, mornings were different. He made the effort to hold your hand as you two chatted. Kim almost ripped your head off to immediately explain what was going on. She demanded to know everything she missed during her trip.

Months passed by as you slowly integrated yourself in their family. You and Jimin started to meet on the weekends because he made you promise that you'd see him once a week outside of school. In some strange way, you were able to convince Wes to give you less hours. It was the start of something new.

"Guess who's going on a date today." Jimin paced around the living room with a small sock in his hand. He didn't look quite happy. You two were scheduled for one of your weekend plans.

He was dressed in a nice button up, tucked into his black jeans. His hair was neatly parted and his skin glowed. You showed up in something a little different today. It was a simple pastel pink sundress that fell mid-thigh.

"Judging by your face, it's not us?" You questioned as you leaned against the door frame.

"I didn't know we called our plans dates." Jimin peered up to finally look at you. He paused, sharply taking in a breath. His eyes widened as he scanned you from head to toe. He gulped, "are you going to be cold? Did you bring a jacket?"

Your shoulders fell along with your hopes and dreams. You thought he was going to be surprised at your outfit change, instead you only triggered his parental instincts.

"You are such a dad, Jimin." You sighed and rolled your eyes. 

"Maybe because I am one?" He chuckled and walked towards you. He held your forearms and smirked at you before pulling you into a hug. "You look beautiful, honey."

His words of affection no longer caught you off guard. You were use to it, something you didn't think you would be accustomed to. He called you pet names a lot and your heart trembled to every one of them. You still couldn't get yourself to call him anything yet, merely his name. You were always too shy or embarrassed, thinking it would sound weird if you were the one who said it.

"Well, you didn't think so a second ago. The first thing you literally asked me was if I was cold. Turn Dad Mode off for three minutes." You pouted, but obviously melted in his arms. He pulled away and his devilish smirk remained on his face. His eyes turned dark while raising a curious eyebrow. He embraced you once more.

You felt his sneaky hands roam their way under  your dress. His skin brushing your under clothed thighs. "Turn Dad Mode off, you say? I can do that." His voice was low and sensual. You held onto his wrist before they could reach to your .

"Jimin! That was not what I meant." You giggled, flustered at his actions. He laughed and kissed your cheek. His hands retreating from under your dress. "Anyways, what were you rambling on about before? And where's Jen?"

Jen baby sat during the weekends for you and Jimin to enjoy yourselves. You have gotten to know her over the course of the months and you adored her joyful nature. You two got along harmoniously. She would tease you and Jimin a lot, knowing you two liked each other quite a bit.

"That's the thing. Minjoo's going on a date." Jimin scoffed and rolled his eyes. He crossed his arms as the two girls ran out from their rooms. They were wearing cute little onesies.

"Ms. (Y/N)!" They cheered and hugged your legs. "You look so pretty. Daddy, I want to wear a dress like Ms. (Y/N) too!"

"Yeah, Daddy! I want to match with her too." The twins begged and pulled at Jimin's arms. He sighed and nodded. They squealed and hurried to change.

"Isn't she like six?" You laughed, but Jimin wasn't. He had a frown and his eyebrows were knitted together.

"Yeah, but Jen said it was a harmless child play date. It was going to be like just two children playing around." He grumbled, still gripping the sock in his hand.

You rubbed his arm, completely entertained by how fumed he was. "Aw, Papa Beaw, are you mad your wittle daughter is finally growing up?" You teased. Jimin narrowed his eyes at your banter.

"I'm worried for her, (Y/N). The male specimen are animals. I can't let a demon boy tarnish my angel." He whined and complained. He was really protective over his daughters and you found it ridiculous, but adorable.

"If the male specimen are animals, what does that make you? Am I tainted now that I have gone out with you more than five times?" 

"I'm different. I asked you to go on dates after several months of getting to know you. This boy probably didn't speak to her for more than twenty minutes before asking her out." Jimin talked with his hands occasionally, flinging them around to prove his point.

You crossed your arms, "I thought we don't call them dates. Also, who is this boy? They might be in the same class."

"We're calling them dates now that you called them dates. His name is Jihoon." 

Your eyes lightened up at the name, more ecstatic than you were before for Minjoo, "Jihoon? They're like super close. That's adorable. I didn't know they liked each other."

"What do you mean?"

"Besides Minseo, Jihoon's really the only other person Minjoo talks to. They sit next to each other all the time and I see them talk a lot. Jihoon is such an obedient child and he's very nice, you don't have to worry about him."

Jimin wasn't giving up his stance, "that's what they all say. Boys eventually grow out of that and they'll become heart rippin-"

"Daddy, do we look pretty!?" Minjoo twirled in her little dress. A smile beaming on her face.

Minseo stepped out and join her sister in a curtsy. The sight was absolutely unbearable. You wanted to scoop them up in your arms and pamper them with small kisses. The feeling of love was overwhelming, like seeing puppies cuddled up next to sleeping babies. It made you mushy and you knew that's exactly what happened to Jimin too.

He crouched down and fixed their stray hairs, "my princesses are growing up now, they're pulling at the heart strings of little boys."

"Daddy, don't cry. We'll always be your girls." Minseo jumped and gave Jimin a squeeze.

"We're going to be late! I don't want Jihoon to be waiting." Minjoo nagged and didn't forget to put on a jacket. Minseo reached out her arms for you to carry her, and you picked up the young girl. Her face immediately cuddling up against yours.

"Do I look just as pretty as you, Ms. (Y/N)?" She asked.

You nodded, "even better."

-

The date was mellower compared to your usual dates with Jimin. The girls were with you because Jimin had to supervise. You guys had dinner and gone out for ice cream. Later on, you five went to the park where Minjoo and Jihoon chased each other endlessly. Minseo happily played with the other kids there.

It was simple, but nice. It helped wrap up the fast paced week you endured on a regular. "I'm sorry we couldn't go somewhere else." Jimin apologized as you two sat on a bench, observing the playground in front of you two.

The night was settling in slowly and the tonic blue hung low over the park. The warm breeze tickled your bare arms and danced with your hair. You rested your head on Jimin's shoulder. "I had fun, honestly. This was really calming and it was just the thing I needed to end my hectic week."

"But we have to watch the kids and I feel like it should've been our time—"

"Jimin, I wouldn't trade this in the world. I'd go anywhere with you." You whispered, knowing he was the only person who would be able to hear you.

He picked up your hand and placed it on his chest. You felt his quick, irregular heart beat and you heard him sigh. "You see what you do to me?"

"Oh, you're worse, Park Jimin." Your hand fell from his chest to cup your warm cheeks again. You didn't know you made his heart do that. He mainly made your heart skip, not the other way around.

"I think you're about the same, you just don't know it." He had his arm around the bench. You sat up and faced him.

"Then tell me what I don't know. How do I make you feel?" You asked. He blinked back at you, unsure what to say. The tables have turned, Jimin stared at you, flustered.

Jimin leaned forward, tilting his head to fit your face. His eyes gradually came to a close and yours did the same. You felt his hot breath against your lips. He was so close, you could smell the scent of the shampoo you two had shared. His hand came up to caress your skin, to hold you steady. Your heart was pounding so loud, you heard and felt it in your ears.

"Daddy!" A bloody scream interrupted the moment. You were so close. The same feeling from the first night at his house reappeared, it was all too familiar. Deja Vu.

Both of your eyes shot up and you were able to see every pore on his face. You cleared your throat, and got up. Jimin did the same as Minseo ran over. She looked distressed.

"What is it, baby?" Jimin sounded concerned. 

"I can't find Minjoo and Jihoon." She panted, tears spilling down her face. Your mouth went dry and you searched the playground right when those words came out of .

They weren't anywhere. The last time you saw them, Jihoon was pushing Minjoo on the swings. Your heart started up again, but for a different reason. You were scared out of your mind.

You scooped the crying girl in your arms, unsure what was happening. "Jimin."

"(Y/N)." You both sounded panicked. Jimin's chest heaved up and down. He looked like he had the life out of his system. You were petting Minseo's hair, hoping she'll stop crying. It was a mess.

"Jimin, search the trees." You grabbed your purse from the bench. "I'll look in the garden."

The park had many attractions addition to the play structure. It was next to a small wood area with tall trees that cut into the massive baseball field and recreational center. On the other side, there was a huge garden filled with a variety of lush plants and flowers. All of which was open for the public to get lost in.

"(Y/N), fast. It's getting dark." Jimin sprinted off into the direction of the trees and you walked quickly to the garden.

Minseo was bouncing in your arms and you mindlessly spoke to her. "It's okay, Monkey. We'll find them. Don't cry. I'm here and your Daddy is here too. We'll find them in no time."

"I was too busy playing with the other kids, I wasn't paying attention to her. I'm sorry, Ms. (Y/N)." She wailed. You felt guilty that she blamed herself because it was partly your's and Jimin's fault. If only you two weren't so immersed in yourselves, things would've been different.

"Monkey, it's not your fault. We're all going to be fine." You weren't sure about anything you were telling her. Frankly, you were so worried that you weren't thinking straight and Minseo was getting heavy in your arms.

The garden seemed quiet and still. It was much bigger than you remembered. It spanned across a gigantic field, with bushes that lined the paths. You hurried into the abyss and called after the children's names. Minseo helping you.

"Minjoo! Jihoon!" The sky turned dark as you were running out of time. Your anxiety grew as you knew it wouldn't be long until you were unable to see. Your hopes of finding them seemed slim and you grew weary.