one

fam(ily) || parkjimin ff

"I don't think you're going to find a decent girl at the club." Jungkook said entering the noisy, dark building.

Jimin laughed, "who said I'm trying to find a decent girl?"

Taehyung rose an eyebrow. "So what are you going to do when she wants to hook up? Bring her back to your place with your twins in the next room?"

Jimin frowned and ordered the first drink on the menu. "No.. I don't know." You, the only girl bartender in the club, fixed the drink in the fastest manner Jimin has ever seen. You poured it into a glass and slid it towards the man. He lifted it, weary as to how it was going to taste. The glass rim touched his lips and the alcohol burned his throat as he took it all in.

"Can we just enjoy the night?" Jimin asked when he saw the other two awkwardly hesitant. "I'm not bringing home anyone, guys. I came out here to forget that I was a single dad working a 9 to 5 job."

Jungkook laughed and patted his best bud's shoulder. "That's a little hard to forget when your babies are both of your wallpapers."

Jimin rolled his eyes and shrugged off his friend's hand. Taehyung walked off to flirt with the girl bartender down the bar. Jimin was left alone, swirling the ice and liquor in his heavy glass.

"Rough night?" You asked as you polished the cups. He looked around to make sure you were addressing him. Taehyung had wandered off to another girl and you had walked back over. He peered up to see your soft smile. Your eyelashes fluttered against your pale cheeks. Your hair was secured messily in a bun.

Jimin laughed it off, not sure how to answer that question. It was more of a rough entire six years and since he had twins, it felt multiplied by two. "You could say that."

You looked up from your towel and paused. Half smiling, you began making another drink. You mixed some of the hardest alcohols and shook up something deadly. You grabbed Jimin's empty cup and poured in your concoction. "Oh no.. I didn't order—"

"It's on the house." You smiled. "It'll make you feel better... or numb. Sometimes feeling nothing at all is what we all need to feel okay." 

"Thank you." Jimin beckoned his drink to you and sipped it. It was a strange taste, but smooth on the tongue. "That's something else. What is this called?"

"It's not on the menu. It's my special drink." You reorganized your counter. "You seem like you needed one."

"Ah, are you a mind reader on the side as well?" Jimin joked, earning a laugh from the both of you.

"Sadly no. That doesn't pay enough for the bills." A man sneaked up behind you and poked your sides, causing you to yelp cutely. Your sweet smile disappeared. "God, I told you I hate that ."

"Surprise! How about you come back to my crib tonight?" He nibbled on your ear. Jimin looked away, uncomfortable at the scene in front of him. He scanned the room for his friends, while at the same time eavesdropping on your conversation.

"I'm with a customer right now. Are you really asking me to hook up when I'm working?" You sounded annoyed, extremely annoyed.

"Did you forget how you even got this job? Don't give me attitude or you can go back being unemployed." A loud smack caught Jimin's attention. He thought he'd slapped your face, instead he saw the man's hand groping your . Your face contoured into disgust. Jimin would never want anyone to touch his daughters like that. He couldn't take it anymore, his blood boiled the longer he stared.

"You know I can file for ual harassment right?" Jimin spoke up and chugged his drink.

The man let go of you. "What are you? A cop?"

"No, but I am a witness to your ual harassment." You stepped away from the man, pushing his hand away from your backside.

The man laughed and nodded. "Okay. My bad." He winked at you and strutted away, something else catching his short attention.

"Thank you." You whispered loud enough for only Jimin to hear. Your head ducked down, embarrassed.

Jimin shook it off. "Don't worry about it. I have tw—" He stopped himself before continuing, knowing he was giving out too much information than needed. "—I just hate seeing women getting treated like that."

Your smile returned, bright and resting comfortably on your face. "I'm (Y/N)."

"Jimin." He replied almost instantly.

"Well Jimin, I hope your tomorrow is a better day. Enjoy the rest of your night." He saw you smile once more before heading to his left to greet other guests.

By the end of the night, Jimin was in no shape to drive home. Jungkook and Taehyung had to lift the man into the car and take him back to Taehyung's place. Jimin was so knocked out that he wasn't sure which visions were reality and which were his dreams.

He must've dozed off for a while until he shot up in panic on his best friend's couch. "The girls!" He yelled. The curtains were stained with a light blue, birds chirping in the trees. It was the perfect morning scene, but not for Jimin.

Taehyung walked out of his room with just his boxers on. Confused, he ruffled his hair. "What are you yelling about?"

Jimin was trying to find his jacket with his car keys. Frantically, he searched every space between the cushions. "Tae, it's Monday. The twins have school. What time is it? Where are my keys? Where did you put my jacket? Why did you let me drink last night?!"

Taehyung, as panicked as his friend, started turning his own house upside-down to find his friend's belongings. "I think it's 7:35 AM."

"Thirty-five?! I only have five minutes to get home and even make sure that they're awake and get them to school before 8 AM? School is like a fifteen minute drive... dude! Help me!" Jimin paced the now messy living room.

"I'm trying! Maybe creating a mess was a bad idea because now we can't find anything." Taehyung rummaged through his counters and tables. His movements finally stopped when he finally remembered where he left his friend's jacket. "You didn't leave the club with a jacket, Jimin."

Jimin groaned and held his head. He was dealing with a major hangover headache and now this. "How did I not leave with one?"

"You were passed out on the dance floor without a jacket when Jungkook and I found you, man." Taehyung ran inside to get his own car keys. "Take my car."

Jimin caught the tiny trinkets in his hands and hurried out the door. He rushed through probably three yellow lights and drove as fast as he could. Jimin rolled out of the car and knocked on the door to his home.

Thankfully, it didn't take long for it to be opened. "Jimin, where have you been all night?"

"Jen, I don't have time right now to explain. Are the girls up?" The young girl nodded and crossed her arms.

"They're getting dressed right now. I was worried sick when I found your bedroom empty this morning. Jimin, go change quickly. You smell like throw up and alcohol." Jen ushered him to his room. Jimin didn't have much time to wash up, but he changed out of his clubbing attire to something more comfortable. He roughly combed through his hair and spritz some cologne to mask the smell.

Jimin went right down the hall to his daughters' room and knocked softly. He heard the innocent giggles and a small 'come in' before entering.

"Minjoo? Minseo?" Jimin saw the two girls with socks on their hands and big smiles to see their father.

"Daddy!" They both cheered in unison. They latched onto their dad, who gathered his two favorite girls in his arms.

"Girls, why do you have socks on your hands?" Jimin pulled a funny face and they both giggled, clapping their sock covered hands.

"Seonnie said they're mittens." Minjoo chimed and rubbed her dad's face with her soft socks.

"JooJoo said her hands are cold in the morning, so I said we should put socks on our hands to keep them warm." Minseo conducted heat with her tiny baby hands and placed them on her sister's cheeks.

Jimin gazed upon his beautiful daughters and set them down. "Well, where ever you have them, we need to go. We are going to be late for school."

"Oh no! Teacher says that that's bad." Minjoo grabbed her backpack that was way to big for her and pushed her dad's left leg to get him out the door. Minseo followed suit.

Jimin waddled out, with his two girls pushing him along. Jen laughed at the sight and handed Jimin the keys to the car and a water bottle. "For the hangover." She smiled and Jimin thanked her.

"What would I be without you?" 

"Late. Now go." She shooed the man and his kids out the door.

"Girls?" Jimin called behind him to the tiny six year olds at his legs. They both stopped and turned back to the young women at the door.

"Bye Jen!" They waved together and continued shoving their dad to the vehicle. 

"Bye you two, be good at school." Jen closed the door and Jimin carried his daughters to Taehyung's car. He buckled both of them in the back as they whined about there being no car seat.

"I'm borrowing Uncle Taehyung's car right now, so there aren't any car seats." He rushed and hopped into the driver's seat. Taking a deep breath, he started up the ignition and took his daughters to school.

-

"Good morning class!" Your older cousin beamed with excitement in front of the tiny kindergartners. The small children were huddled up in a circle around her. It was always so astonishing to you to see how different someone could be around children. You were doing a teacher internship program and was lucky to be assigned to your relative's class.

You don't have children of your own or any younger siblings, but you loved children. You wanted to develop the same passion your cousin had for teaching. Before you were able to actually become a teacher, you first had to finish school. To pay for school, you had to work and since you were busy during the day, your only options were night time jobs. That lead to you getting a job as a bartender, which you've never hoped in becoming.

A knock startled both you and your cousin. She gestured her head for you to answer the closed classroom door as she continued her lesson plans. Opening the door, you were greeted by a familiar face and your favorite twins.

"(Y/N)?" Jimin choked out. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost. You closed the door to the classroom and stood outside to talk.

"J-Jimin? What are you—"

"Daddy, you know Ms. (Y/N)?" Minseo asked curiously, tugging at Jimin's jeans.

"Ms. (Y/N), sorry we're late. We tried to hurry, but we had socks on our hands!" Minjoo apologized. "And daddy wouldn't let us go in until we put them back on our feet." She pouted.

"Girls, why don't you join the class first?" You opened the door to let them in.

"Bye Daddy!" Minjoo reached up to give Jimin a hug goodbye.

"Have fun at work, Daddy!" Minseo chimed in and joined her sister in a hug fest crave.

Jimin got down on one knee to hug both of his precious girls. "Kiss?"

The twins each gave Jimin a kiss on his respective cheeks. He did the same to them, the two earning kisses on both of their soft round faces. "Be good girls. I'll see you two real soon."

The way he acted towards his children warmed your heart. He was so gentle and looked at them lovingly. You heard your cousin welcome them warmly before you shut the door again. "Well.. this is unexpected."

"Which part?" Jimin chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

Your hair was no longer in a messy bun, but cascading down your shoulders. Your make up was more minimal. However right when you smiled, Jimin had a rush of familiarity. "I never expected to run into customers from the club at an elementary school."

"Yeah, I figured you wouldn't." Jimin laughed nervously. A heavy atmosphere fell upon the two of you.

"I guess I can see where those two got their cute smiles from." You mentally slapped yourself for saying that. He was probably married to a magnificent woman. It was so inappropriate and you saw as he shifted on his leg. If anything, you added to the uncomfortable silence. "I apologize for that." 

"No-No, no it's okay, really." Jimin laughed, his eyes disappearing again. "Maybe I should let you get back to teaching." 

"Oh.. I'm not a teacher, yet." You shook your head. "I'm just the intern. My cousin is the teacher."

"You're an intern?" Jimin asked. You were a lot younger than he thought.

"Yeah.. are you more surprised at the fact that I'm an intern, than the fact that we meet again in a family friendly environment?" You chuckled.

"A little. You're much younger than you come off as." Jimin ran his fingers through his hair.

You nodded, "it always seems as so." Your heart thumped lightly at his simple movement.

"Now are you more surprised by the fact that we bumped into each other in a school than the fact that I'm a father to twins?" Jimin joked.

"Well I was caught off guard, but now I understand why you were so mad last night at my boss." 

"Maybe I really was one of the good guys?" 

Your eyes widened, not intending for your comment to come off offensive. "I mean I'm sure you are. I've just never seen anyone react the way you did."

"I guess I shouldn't have threatened him with a ual harassment complaint. I was going to punch him, but your special drink had really strong effects on my motor skills." Jimin saw your tint cheeks at the mention of your drink. 

"If I knew you had children to go home to, I would've toned it down a lot more than what I gave you. How's the hangover? You okay?" You rubbed your arm, guilty for giving him such strong poison.

He gave a thumbs up. "Really kicking my right now."

A screaming child caught your attention inside the classroom. "I should get back inside." Your hand blindly found the door handle. Jimin nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Nice to see you again, (Y/N)." He backed up slowly and you did the same.

You exhaled as your back pressed against the heavy door. Something deep down made you want to see Jimin again. He was a very attractive man, day and night, he knew how to dress. His hair wasn't pushed back like it was last night, so it gave him a more youthful look. You couldn't stop thinking about him.

Ever since he sat down at the bar, you knew you wanted to get to know him. Of course, you didn't know he had two daughters and he's probably married. He looked young, so when Minjoo and Minseo appeared at his side, you were shocked. He was a young father of two. The thought was beautiful.

That was when you realized you needed to diminish any feelings that dared to surface. You needed to erase any thoughts that weren't appropriate. He already had a perfect family, twins and a loving wife.

Your cousin motioned you over to her desk. The children were all distracted finger painting, dipping their small fingers in globs of paint. "What took so long?"

"I was talking to a parent." You whispered.

"How did it go?" She asked, filled with a childish wonder.

Puzzled, you blinked back at her. "Fine? They were running a little late because Minseo and Minjoo had socks on their hands—"

"I'm not talking about that. I mean what did you think?" Her hands held your shoulders to shake you, a big smile on her face.

You held onto her wrists to stop her, "what did I think of what?"

"Park Jimin." Your cousin's voice was low and quiet. She was eyeing the twins to see if they'd heard. However they, too, were immersed in coloring with their fingers.

"Kim, what?!" You were surprised for the second time that day. Genuinely confused, you wondered as to what she was trying to get at.

"He's a fine piece of a—" You covered before she could continue. 

"He's your students' parental guardian. Kim, this is so unprofessional. He's married." Your eyes were popping out of your sockets.

She chuckled softly, "honey. He's a widow."

Stunned, you froze. Your cousin was clueless to your expression. "Kim, that's even worse! He's still legally married, but his wife is gone." You whispered loudly. You freaked out. Everything you previously felt was absolutely gone. You felt guilty for even trying to hit on him. Your eyes panned to the quiet girls giggling to themselves. Sympathy filled your eyes as you watched them wipe paint on each other's gumdrop cheeks.

Kim shrugged and marveled. "Well.. all I'm just saying is that he's hot and a young dad. A single hot young dad with two cute twins. How much better is that?"

"A single dad not by choice." 

"Okay, yeah. I hate how you have a heart sometimes." She groaned and walked over to tend to her twenty-something children.

"That's coming from a kindergarten teacher, Kim." You followed after her. 

-

Jimin clocked into his mundane office job. He had gone home to change into his business casual clothing after dropping off the twins. Jen had left and prepared a breakfast for him. Taehyung arrived with Jungkook behind.

"The girls arrived to school on time?" Taehyung shuffled next to Jimin.

Jimin shook his head. "They were late, but not because I didn't drive fast enough. It was because they had socks on their hands."

Jungkook popped up at Jimin's right. "Socks? On their hands? Are you still drunk?"

"No. I'm not making this up. They had their socks on their hands as mittens because JooJoo's hands get cold in the morning. I didn't want to bother with them putting it on their feet because I was rushing out of the house. But then I couldn't let them walk into school with socks on their hands." Jimin sighed and gave Taehyung his keys back. "You need to drive me to pick them up though."

"Fine by me. That means I get to leave early." Taehyung did a little celebration dance before sitting down in his cubicle across from Jimin. 

"Who gets to leave early?" The company's CEO walked past their tables. Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung stood up and bowed slightly to greet her. "You remember what I said about the bowing, none of that. It makes me feel weird. We're like the same age."

All three of them exchanged glances and relaxed. "If you're this lenient, people won't take you seriously."

"I'm only this chill with you guys, maybe not Taehyung." Her hand rested on Jimin's shoulder. Taehyung automatically sat down and rolled his eyes. "Did you get the new files, Taehyung?"

"New files?" He half groaned, half pouted. The CEO nodded her head and tapped her wrist, as if she had a watch.

"How are the girls, Jimin?" She beamed happily at the young man.

Jimin coughed, "good. About the girls.. I need Taehyung to drive me to pick them up. I left my car somewhere else and I lost my car keys—"

"No worries. 4 PM, right?" She smiled and Jimin nodded. "Great. Just make sure you finish what you need to before clocking out. Taehyung, those files!" Her heels clicked away and she hid into her office.

"I swear she has a vendetta against me." Taehyung sighed. 

Jungkook laughed, "or maybe she's into you, but she's trying to hide it by targeting you."

"That's too deep, man. And if she is, it's still not very fun." Taehyung rested his head on his hand and stared at his computer screen.

After several hours staying sedentary, Jimin got up to stretch out his tired legs. Him and Taehyung walked to the bathroom together, discussing last nights endeavors. Getting back, Jimin saw a missed call and a voicemail left on his personal device. It was from the twins' school.

Quickly listening to the voicemail, he prayed that nothing had happened to them. He hoped that they weren't in any trouble or any bad news. Schools usually only called if there was bad news. Jungkook looked over Jimin's cubicle to see the panicked man on his phone. He nudged Taehyung, who also watched the scene unfold.

"Hello Mr. Park... Jimin.. this is Ms. (Y/N). I know this is probably very inappropriate, calling you on your personal number when there isn't an emergency. Well, I feel like it's still urgent enough to give you call. Nothing is wrong with the girls, they're fine. I wouldn't want you to worry about that. I'm calling because you left your jacket last night. I forgot to mention that this morning and I would like to give it back to you because I assume you would like to pick up your car as well. If you want to arrange some time, call me back on my personal cell." Jimin searched for a pen and a post it note to scribble down the following numbers.

He hung up and proceeded to dial. After the second ring, your delicate voice answered. "Hello?"

"Hi, (Y/N). This is Jimin. I was wondering when it'll be a good time to pick up my jacket." Jimin spoke nervously through the phone. His sweaty palms clenched his dress pants.

You hummed lightly, "I'm heading over to the club right now to start my shift. You can swing by any time and get it."

Jimin slapped his forehead as he realized something, "I bet you I got a parking ticket.. I am such an idiot."

"I hope not. I re-parked your car in my reserved parking spot, so that wouldn't happen." Jimin couldn't see you, but he knew you were smiling. A weight was completely lifted off of his chest and he sighed.

"Thank you so much. I can't even explain." 

"No problem. Just give me a call when you get here."

"Alright. And (Y/N)?" Jimin didn't want to leave you just yet. "How are my girls?"

"They're wonderful. No need to worry. They're all heading over to after care."

"And you? How are you?" He genuinely wanted to know how your well being was. Some part of him didn't want to hang up and let you go. He heard you chuckle over the phone.

"I'm good. Thank you for asking. How is that headache?" 

Jimin grinned slightly, unable to stop his lips from curling up. Taehyung kicked him underneath the table and eyed the CEO getting up from her desk. "Subsiding. I'll see you later tonight."

"Goodbye—" Jimin hung up abruptly and shoved his phone into his pocket.

"Who was that?" Jungkook smirked.

Jimin was caught off by that question. He was embarrassed to share about who you exactly were. "The girl bartender from the club."

Taehyung rose an eyebrow, "how did she get your number?" He glanced over at Jungkook and made kissing noises.

"You two are so immature." He brushed them off.

"Wait, the girl who totally rejected me?" Jimin nodded at Taehyung's remark. He pretended to be offended, but it didn't last long. "She was hot. Nice choice. Just admit you gave her your number and we can move on."

Jungkook snickered and a smile crept onto Jimin's face. The thought of them thinking that he did that made him laugh. However, they obviously misunderstood. "I didn't, but assume what you want."

"Oh, you so did." Jungkook hollered, causing a scene. Everyone in the office stared in their direction as they all three tried to pretend nothing happened. 

-

You rapidly grabbed Jimin's coat from your car and headed to the back parking lot. You had told them to wait there for you. Walking out from the suffocating building, the cold air caused goosebumps to form on your exposed arms. You held his silky material close to your chest.

Jimin came out of the car and his friend appeared from behind the rolled down window of the driver's seat. "Hey gorgeous, remember me?" He smirked and his lips.

You only smiled because he was Jimin's friend. "Ignore him." Jimin rolled his eyes and received his jacket from your clutch. "Thank you again. I can't imagine where I'd even begin to look for it." There was a wet glisten in his eyes and he refused to look into yours.

"You'd most likely suffer a parking ticket first." You joked in hopes to lighten the mood, puffs of smoke coming from your mouth as you laughed. Jimin always had that charm to make you smile. He was honestly a funny guy, very easy going. You wanted to be the same to him. You desired to see his famous eye smile.

You heard tiny voices call after you. Peering behind Jimin, Minjoo and Minseo came pouring out of the car. "Bye Uncle Taehyung." They waved halfheartedly and rushed off to hide behind their dad's legs.

"Thanks Tae." Jimin signaled off his friend, who simply nodded and drove off.

"Ms. (Y/N)! We saw you at school today." Minseo observed. You got down to face the two shy, yet excited girls. Minseo and Minjoo had Jimin's eyes and squishy cheeks. You saw Jimin in the twins whenever they smiled, but when they didn't, they didn't look much like their father. Their features were both incredibly proportional and small. You pondered about the beautiful woman who gave birth to these marvelous girls.

"Yes you did. It's late now. You guys should go home now and wash up, you little monkeys still have paint on your faces." You scrunched up your nose and pinched their soft chipmunk cheeks. They responded with an adorable giggle and toothy smiles. Minjoo had two of her top teeth missing and Minseo had two of her bottom row missing.

"I heard you guys did finger painting. These two wouldn't stop talking about how much fun it was." Jimin patted both of their heads and ruffled their black hair.

"Fun, but messy." You enticed. "I have to go in now, girls.. Jimin."

"Right, of course. Sorry for all of this. Come on, we need to go home and eat dinner." Jimin reached for the twins' hands.

They whined and ran to latch onto your legs now. "But we want Ms. (Y/N) to stay, Daddy!"

"Yeah. She can eat dinner with us. She can taste how good of a cook you are." Minseo praised and pleaded Jimin with her sad puppy eyes.

You couldn't stop your heart from burning at the girls' affection. "Park Minjoo and Park Minseo, remember when we talked about other people having their own plans they need to do? We can't always have everyone's time." He knelt down and spoke sternly, with a child-like voice. They were still his babies, so he spoke softly.

"You're right.. Daddy." Minjoo let go and pouted in Jimin's arms. Minseo refused to let go. She was always the more independent, stubborn twin.

"Seonnie.." Jimin chimed. The endearing nickname caught your attention and you melted at how gentle Jimin was to his girls. 

"I am not letting go until Ms. (Y/N) promises us that she'll have dinner with us one day." Her short arms wrapped around your calf. Jimin looked up at you, sending you apologetic eyes, and back at his daughter.

"We can't force people to have dinner with us, baby." His hand smoothed her hair.

"I'd love to." You blurted out and held out your pinky for Minseo. She erupted into giddy smiles and cheers. "I promise I'll join you for dinner one day." 

"You don't have to—" Jimin tried to convince you otherwise, but you truly wanted to join the tiny family for a meal. 

"I want to. You can't change my mind, I've already locked the promise with your daughter." You smirked. Minseo wrapped her little finger around yours.

"JooJoo!" She waved her identical sister over to join the pinky wrap. She popped up and followed her sister. "Daddy!!"

Jimin hesitated before intertwining all four of your pinkies together. "Until we meet again, (Y/N)." He beamed.

"Until we meet again, Jimin."