English? Really?

I Love You, and I'm Sorry for That

 

“Hey, Maiko, I found a way to make you more . . . appealing to recruiters.”

                My ears drifted to Eun Mi, laying across the loveseat and reading a magazine. She wasn’t looking towards me at all, or showing any signs that she had even said anything. “Ne, what do you mean?”

                Putting the magazine down, she turned to face me with a less than bored expression. “I mean there are a couple ways to really get your name out there as a serious artist.”

                Desperation had set in at this point. Besides following Taeyang’s example to go directly to the president of all these really prominent companies, I had done almost everything in order to get my own face out there and recognized as someone with something to offer.

                “Okay, can you tell me?”

                “First off, you have to excel in singing or dancing, being really good in both is also acceptable.”

                “Okay. . .”

                “It’s also a plus if you know a few people in the business, which is good, because you know me, and you also know Big Bang and the rest. Definitely counts for extra points.”

                “And then . . .?”

                “Companies like people who are good in multiple languages, especially since a market has opened all over Asia for Kpop. And this is good, because Japanese is your first language. But-”

                “But what?”

                “You’re awful with English. Even after taking it for so long, it’s still horrible. And the very few words you do know are butchered by your accent. Your English is so awful, they still sound like you’re saying something in Japanese. You can’t even call it Engrish. Your English is so awful; I don’t even know how you would understand yourself if we recorded you and played it back. A first year elementary student has better English skills than you. It’s so bad that when-“

                “Okay, I get it. My English is really bad, but it is not my fault.”

                A pause settled over us. It really wasn’t my fault that it was my worst language and YG just so happened to want that one language more than any other. Even my Korean isn’t all that good; I can only speak it, and I can’t write it at all! “Listen up, kid,” Eun Mi reached over and hit the back of my head, “You just need a tutor to help you. Really, all you need is a few greetings, some basic sentence structure and some help with your accents- that’s all!”

                I shrugged, “If you say so, but who is going to tutor someone who barely even knows Korean?”

                “I think I know a guy.”

                “Do you have to meet him in an alley?”

                “. . . No, why do you ask?”

                “No reason.”

                With a roll of her eyes, she pulled her cellphone out and called someone.

                “Hello?”

                “Hey Kevin, its Eun Mi.”

                Conversation in English! This must be the guy, but I have no idea what they’re saying!

                “Hey, what’s up?”

                “Nothing much, just at my apartment, but I have another favor to ask of you, if you have time and aren’t busy with anything for . . . the next couple months.”

                “Sure, U-Kiss just got done with promotions so I’ll be free for a while. What do you need?”

                “I have a girl who has some difficulty with English, thought you might be able to help her. Name is Mitarashi Maiko, first language is Japanese, and her Korean is awful.”

                “Aish, I can’ promise any miracles, but I’ll do my best to help.”

                “Thanks Kevin, I really appreciate it.”

                “So when do we meet?”

                “Whenever is good for you. I’m off for the week.”

                “I’m free right now, is it okay to meet right now?”

                 “Yeah that’s great, how fast. . .”

                 RING DING DONG

Big-bang_love: CUT!! Who put this in here?! 

Obata: You did . . . =_=”

Big-bang_love: Oh, tell me why again?

Obata: I don’t know you did it.

Eun Mi: Can we get back to the story now?

Maiko: Yeah

Big-bang_love: Arrrgghhhh, fine!

 

(Back to story)

 

     “Wait someone’s at the door,”

     Then all of a sudden Eun Mi rose and headed for the door.

     “Oh my gosh!!! Why are you here?”

     “Haha well you did say that we could meet up today, so here I am.”

     “Well yeah, but how did you get here so fast?”

     “I was already on my way here; it was supposed to be a surprise but you know. . .”

     “Haha, true, but don’t just stand there come in,”

     ‘My goodness, does every one she knows speak English?’ I thought to myself. She came back into the living room with two other guys.

     “So you dragged Dongho with you as well?” ‘Finally she’s talking in Korean again I can understand!’

      “Yeah he decided to tag along, not counting the fact that I told him there would be food.” The guy said as he scratched the back of his head. ‘Eumsik?’

        “So you did drag him here?” Eun Mi asked as she signaled them to sit down, and sitting on the edge of the loveseat. I got up from the couch and started to go to the kitchen, ‘Eumsik, they want eumsik, I guess I can make them a kansik while I prepare lunch, or would you consider it dinner? I mean it is almost 4-’

       “MAIKO!”

       “Huh, oh Eun Mi what is it?” I stop and look over my shoulder; I guess I was so lost in thought that I didn’t hear her. I was at the kitchen door too.

        “I’ve called your name three times already. What were you thinking about?” Eun Mi replied as she just stared at me.

        “Oh, since they said they were hungry, I was going to prepare some snacks and then make dinner.”

         “That can wait, come here, I want you to meet your new English tutor.”

          ‘Huh, tutor already? I thought she just called the guy, how can he be here so fast?!’ I nod and made me way towards them. “Tutor?”

           “Yes your tutor,” she paused, “Do you know who these two are?” she asked me and for the first time I caught sight of the two guys, this time it wasn’t just a glimpse it was like head on.

            I just nod and reply, “Y-yeah, its K-Kevin, and Dongho of U-kiss.” I didn’t know what to do I froze in my place. ‘How many celebrities does this chick know?! We’ve only been apart for four years, and all of a sudden she knows all these people?!’

           “Yeah~ well you see, Kevin here, said he would agree to tutor you in English. Since U-kiss just finished their promotions, he’ll be free for a couple of months. It totally works out.” She just giggled after that.

          “Really? Is it not too much trouble?”

            “Yeah don’t worry its fine.”

            “Really? Thank you so much, oh I’m Mitarashi Maiko,” I replied and extended my hand. ‘No way just like that I have a tutor? And not only that, it’s going to be Kevin from U-kiss!! I feel like a total fan girl’

             “Yeah Eun Mi told me over the phone,” I felt my cheeks heat up and I just looked down, “By the way Maiko, Eun Mi said that you Korean was awful, but you pronunciation is almost perfect, why?” he asked, I was still standing.

              “Oh well that’s because-” I was cut off by a strange noise it was so weird, like a growl or a grumbling kid of sound. I looked around to see where it came from, on to catch sight of Dongho turning several shades of red.

          “I’m sorry,” he said as he looked down and held his stomach.

          “Ash, way to brake the introductions, Dongho-ah.” Kevin said as he smacked the poor kid upside the head.

           “I’m sorry hyung, it’s just that we just came from practice and we didn’t even get to eat and I haven’t eaten since like 8 this morning.”

          “Oh wow you must be really hungry then, I’ll go make some snacks for you to eat while I prepare dinner.”

--------------

big-bang_love: okay so i updated this chapter for Aoi's birthday,(GazettE Aoi, just so you know) any objections? . . . . . . . . .  No well I guess there are none smiley

Reamember readers 

COMMENTS / SUBSCRIBERS = FASTER UPDATES