04: Blue by BIGBANG

It's All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was still young, they said. But he wasn't feeling as good as the fun in front of him. The clinking of glass, hollers of fun, and all the epitome of 'you only live once' made him as confused as he'll ever be.

Am I doing this right?

He slumped on the only vacant couch remaining at the farther corner of the room, drinking his beer one shot at a time.

"Hey, oppa, you alright?"

He looked up to see his girlfriend who sat beside him. "Yeah, just tired."

"You seemed out of it a lot lately. You aren't sick, are you?" Her girlfriend pressed her palm on his cheek.

He gave her a weak smile. Their relationship is like a floating paper on the river - slowly getting soaked before it finally sink. And he knew it will be sooner if he don't get his head out of the gutter. For him, that's what the relationship felt like. And he's beyond guilty to know that he'll hurt yet another person.

She pecked on his cheek before walking up to the crowd. It was past 10 PM but the crowd was just getting thicker and thicker as if it’s only the start of the party. The dance floor was going ecstatic with excitement and alcohol all over the place.

*ping*

He opened his phone to see a text from someone he had been missing a lot lately. The text comes with a photo of Dara and Jisoo: his best friend and her sister (whom he treats as his own sister).

From: Dee
[Photo here]
Happy happy birthday! We're sorry we couldn't come. But we wish you all the happiness even we're miles apart.
With all the love,
Jisoo and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter