Chapter 十三 (Published 9/17/17)

Hunhan Dynasty (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan finally lifted his head to look up at the man and was about to answer before he saw a look of recognition cross the man's face. The man, stunned, exclaimed, "Lu Han, could that be you?"

Luhan found himself suddenly dragged into an alley between two houses next to the food market. The guard looked around and then at him. He grabbed Luhan by the shoulders. The guard's eyes were wide as he scanned Luhan's figure as if he were an alien. Luhan laughed inwardly, for he might as well be one in this era. The guard shook his head disbelievingly as he said, "I can't believe it. You're alive."

"Oh, yes. Yes, I believe I am too. Thank you for your diagnosis, doctor," Luhan said sarcastically. He just didn't understand why so many people were shocked.

The guard chuckled, "You never change. Still sassy as ever."

He released Luhan's shoulders, much to Luhan's relief. His shoulders were getting sore from the man's tight grip. The guard suddenly looked him in the eyes with so much love and sorrow that Luhan almost stumbled. The guard ranted, "I'm just so happy you're alive. You don't know how heartbroken I was, finding out you were brain dead! Skies, the thought of you being dead...I just couldn't bear it. An-and the letter I got from you -"

A letter? Luhan gaped, "Sorry, who are you again?"

The moment those words left him, he knew he had really fu*ked up. The guard looked so forlorn and he was a loss for words. Suddenly, it was as if his whole body had gone limp. He searched Luhan's face for any sign of recognition as he said, "I'm 善魂 (Shan Hun). Don't you remember?"

"I'm sorry. I really don't know," he looked away as he lied, "I might have forgotten everything because of the brain injury."

Shan Hun took a breath and straightened up. He said in a low and desperate voice, "You can't have forgotten all we had..."

Then, to Luhan's dismay, Shan Hun said the very words he dreaded, "We were in love."

*~*

Sehun yawned and stood up. He had slept late last night because of the long walk back to the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter