twelve

Lipstick Chateau

JongIn was allowed out of hospital a couple of days later, once they were sure he wasn't at risk of injuring himself further and was allowed back to school a week after that once his mom was eventually convinced that he was okay.
'Are you sure about this?' I said 
'Of course I'm sure, I might still be a bit unsteady but I can manage'
We walked to class together hand in hand.
'JongIn you're back, I've been soooo worried about you...what's going on here?' HeeYoung asked when she saw our hands together 'Oppa, I thought I was the one you were with' she pouted 'what are you doing you with that?'
'Well for one thing, HyunAe actually came to visit me in the hospital' he replied calmly.
'I don't like hospitals' she said
'That shouldn't matter when someone you claim to have feelings for is in there' he said 'and for another thing, HyunAe isn't a manipulative that cares more about looking good then actual people'
'Your parents wanted us to be together' she said.
'Wrong, my father wanted us to be together, but he's a pathetic waste of space so you'll forgive me if I don't listen to him'
'This isn't fair!' she squealed 'she's not even in the same leauge as us'
'That's good, I'd hate for her to turn into a spiteful cow too' he smiled 'careful HeeYoung, if you scrunch your nose like that, you'll end up with wrinkles that no amount of make up will cover up'
she screamed and ran off, the rest of her little group following close behind her and JongIn turned to the rest of the class.
'Anyone else have a problem with HyunAe?' he asked, the rest of the class was silent 'that's what I thought' and he sat down.
'Thank you' I whispered.
'No need to thank me' he hadn't let go of my hand 'this wasn't just some show for HeeYoung, I meant every word. I love you HyunAe, more than anything and I'll do anything to make you happy'
I didn't know how to respond.
'I love you too' was all I could say, I was just so overwhelmed by everything that ad happened over the past few weeks.
'You don't have to worry anymore' he said 'I'm going to protect you no matter what'
'JongIn, I don't want you putting yourself at risk just for me'
'You're worth the risk' he told me and kissed me.

I finally belonged somewhere and I felt like I had a home.
I had JongIn and KangDae and my family whenever I needed them.
My life was perfect as it ever could be and I would do anything to make it stay that way.
No matter what.