one

Lipstick Chateau

My family had never been as particulary wealthy as some but we always managed to get by and afford what we needed so as far as I was concerned, everything was fine.
What was money anyways? Surely family was more important. It was to me at least. It didn't matter what others thought about me.
Although their constant nagging and snide comments did annoy me at times.
What gave someone the right to behanve like that to another human being?
'Ewww who let the trash in? Gross!' one of the girls in mt class said, I just rolled my eyes and sighed.
I was used to the peer presure by now so didn't let it bother me and never felt the need to react.
'Hey freak, I'm talking to you' someone said.
I looked up just in time to see who shoved me back, I missed the chair and landed on the ground with a thud whuch caused my glasses to slide off my face.
As I reached out to get them I heard the sound of glass breaking as they were stepped on.
I sighed as the students around me laughed and got back into my seat as class started.
Finally

When the bell rang, I waited until everyone was gone before making my way to my next class, just in case someone decided that pushing me down the stairs would be really funny.
It made me late for class but at least I was safe.
I gathered my stuff and headed to my next class.
'Hey HyunAe!' I heard someone call my name. Hopefully it wasn't HeeYoung again.
'Oh hey' I said smiling. It was my best friend KangDae 'what are you doing here? this isn't your school'
'I came to see you, is that so bad?'
Me and KangDae had been friends since were kids. His family were better off then mine but that hadn't stopped him, I was just happy to have someone my own age to hang with at the time and we had been pretty much inceprible since then.
Until it came to pick a high school, still how nI'd gotten here and he hadn't I had no clue but he still made time to come and visit me.
Which was nice otherwise I would be completely alone.
'So how's life at the rich school?' he asked.
'It's hell, I don't even know why I'm here, everyone hates me, even the teachers look at me like I'm something on their shoe'
'You're here because you're clever HyunAe' he said 'brains are more important than being popular, you're worth more than all of these others put together'
I smiled 'you really think so?' I asked
'You're kidding right? I know so' he repiled.
'Thank you KangDae, you always know how to cheer me up'
'Of course I do. I'd be a pretty rubbish best friend if I didn't' he winked and then checked his watch 'oh crap, I gotta get going, keep strong okay? You'll be fine'
'I hope so' I muttered.
He hugged me and then hurried off.