{Part 2: I'm here, where you are}

"I choose him" (BTS: Taehyung Version)

The soft breathing and snores could be felt on my forehead.

I blinked my eyes open multiple times. The first thing that came into focus was someone's neck. I froze and struggled to process the situation I was in. The owner of the neck muttered and clung to me tighter, our legs intertwined. A memory clicked into place and I realized that Taeyong and I were hugging each other tightly. And intimately. My face heated up again.

"Err... good morning, Tae," I whispered hastily, trying to get him to be resurrected from the sleep of the dead.

"Mmmm..." he groaned, groggily. "W-what...?"

I looked up at his sleepy face. "As you can see, we appear to be in a certain position that if people caught us, they would think we were engaged at the most."

We were silent for a moment and then Taeyong moved backward hurriedly, with sudden realization. "Oh god! I-I'm sorry (y/n)! Uh, I um, didn't realize. I guess my body just moved during the night." He went red, which I found adorable and strived to prevent myself from squeezing his cheeks with my hands.

"That's okay... but I wonder what time it is," I muttered, checking my phone. I scrambled up in one motion. "OH MY GOD. It's eight o'clock!"

"So...? It's still-"

"I'm two hours late for my schedule! Shoot. Okay, okay I gotta rush now." I grabbed my pillow and blanket and stuffed it hurriedly into the previous closet. "Ugh, I guess no yoga exercises for this morning. There's no helping it now, is there." I grumbled and marched out of the room.

I hated being late for my plans. You could call me 'The White Rabbit' from 'Alice in Wonderland' and I still wouldn't flinch. Planned schedules and to-do lists are the anchors of my busy work-life. Cut the metal chains and the ship will sail away into the horizon. Meaning chaos would take place.

I stopped for a second noticing a glinting object in my path. I picked it up and realized that it was Jungkook's earring. At least the missing half of a pair that is.

'That wasn't here last night,' I thought suddenly.

The automatic door behind me slid open and Taeyong stepped out with a nest of cute, rumpled, brown bed hair. "Hey... you're still here. Wanna head for breakfast together?" he asked, trying to fix his messy head.

"Uhm." I looked back towards the empty corridor in front of me which split into three parts at the end. The BTS-wing was on the left and on another right turning.

"(y/n)?"

I looked over my shoulder and gave a quick smile. "Ne, let's go."

We strolled towards the kitchen area and a sweet smelling aroma wafted through my nose. "Mmm... 상쾌한 (sangkwaehan: delicious)," I muttered. Laughter could be heard and as we rounded the corner, the first person I saw was Johnny standing over the stove. Anxious staff members stood nearby looking as if they would push Johnny out if he wasn't so tall and broad.

They gave a small bow at my arrival. "It's fine. Johnny knows what he's doing," I reassured them.

"Well, good morning," he smiled stirring a pot of creamy batter. He didn't half look like a chef-angel.

Mark, the NCT DREAM members, Kim, Suga and Jin were the only ones up early in the kitchen. Though the young ones were half asleep at the high table.

"Oooh... watchu making Johnny?" I inquired, my curiosity making me tiptoe over his shoulder to examine the bubbling batter.

"He's making us batches of cookies," spoke Mark, lifting his dazed face from his curled-up arms. His blond, straight hair made him stand out in the kitchen, looking straight up like the Korean version of a 'Harry Potter' Draco.

"Wow. 초콜릿 칩, (chokollis chib: chocolate chip) ah?"

"Ne, ne~" replied Johnny.

"Oh yay! 감사합니다! (gamsahabnida: thank you)" I hugged him. He smiled sleepily. I stepped back to glance down at the apron tied around him. "Oh my lord is that mine??"

"Huh? Oh yeah. Sorry, was borrowing it."

I giggled. "No. Flowers, sparkly butterflies and unicorns farting rainbows look absolutely fabulous on you. Borrow them anytime."

Johnny nodded seriously. "Of course, but you know I look fabulous in anything."

"Oi, I think you're mistaking that phrase for me," smirked Taeyong who was eyeing the spoon Johnny had used to stir the mixture. Knowing him, he probably was eager to get the chance to it off.

Johnny saw this, shaking his head firmly. "No, Tae. I swear if you so much as touch this, you're not getting any of my creations."

Taeyong pouted.

I went to a high chair and sat next to a quiet Jin. "안녕하세요 (annyeonghaseyo: good morning)," waving my hand in front of his face. "Are you still on earth, Jin?"

"Ne..." he blinked. "Just졸리는 (jollineun: sleepy)." He ruffled my hair as payback.

I called a nearby waitress for a bowl of cornflakes and munched on them immediately. "Come on guys. For the ones who want to 나를 따라라. (naleul ttalala: follow me), I have to leave in ten minutes kay?"

"Ne..." chorused Mark and Taeyong who were busy toasting bread and putting on spreads.

I slurped down the last of my cereal contents and hopped down. "I'm gonna find the other two. We'll meet at the North-West elevator for the 차고 (chago: garage)."

The resonance of my bare feet could be heard as I padded swiftly, approaching the BTS-wing. I went down a few short steps and stood in front of a sliding door and it opened automatically. As I rounded their living room, I realized that it was quite peaceful. But then I heard multiple mutters near their bedrooms and I halted. I tiptoed deliberately towards the sound.

"Hey, maybe you should ask her, Jung," said Taehyung gently. "Come on, we promised-"

"It doesn't matter. I don't feel like facing her anyway," came a muffled grumble.

A sigh sounded, awfully similar to Jimin's. "I mean, just talk to her first. Ne, maybe there's a logical explanation for what you saw."

I gulped and stepped in. "Uh, Taeh? Jung? We're leaving in ten minutes..." What I saw made my heart thud anxiously.

Taehyung, Jimin and Jung Hoseok were crowded around a single, dark-blue bed. A figure lay with his head buried underneath a pillow. He turned and looked up at me with red-rimmed pupils.

"Uhmm... is now not a good time?" I mumbled nervously.

Jungkook sits up straight. "No, I-I'm not coming," he told me with a blank expression which made me slid my hand into my right pocket, palming the small metal object kept there. The others were oddly silent.

"Oh, um. Okay," I replied with a frown and sighed. "Taehyung?"

"Huh? Ne, I'm following."

"Oh. Great." I gave him a small smile, before walking out of the room with a nod to the others who smiled edgily.

Just before I left, however, Jungkook called "Hey, (y/n)?"

I turn around in anticipation, my hair swishing like a curtain. "Yeah?"

He bit his lip and stared at me with a wistful look. "Who else is going? I forgot who the ones who wanted to accompany you were."

"Oh. Well, there's Mark, Taehyung, you," I paused. "Oh, a-"

"Three people?"

"And Taeyong." When he didn't say anything, I mumbled 'excuse me' before trying to escape the awkward tension.

But Jungkook then stood up and stretched in a cat-like way. "Ne, I changed my mind. I'm gonna just go grab my 재킷 (jaekis: jacket)." He winked playfully at me and disappeared for the BTS walk-in closet.

My face blushed slightly before walking off hurriedly with Taehyung right behind. "Is Jungkook... mad at me?" I asked quietly.

"No... It's fine y/n. It's not something you should be 걱정하는 (geogjeonghaneun: worried of)."

"I just love him a lot. But only as a brother. I don't think he likes that, though. And I hate hurting him." I whispered softly looking beyond the glass walls. Gardeners dotted the garden, busy at work every morning. Bodyguards lined the metal fences which had some people clambering against it.

About two months ago, when I announced the news of the K-pop project, fans had been seen loitering around, outside the walls and fences. They didn't cause harm of course but once, some manage to hack through like madmen and it was havoc. Ever since then, I had to hire twice the number of bodyguards. I wanted to keep the boys safe and unharmed from the abnormal fangirls I had come to learn of.

"Leave it, (y/n). I know it's one-sided, but it's not your fault. It's no one's fault. So relax okay?" he smiled and rubbed my back comfortingly. "You can't blame feelings nor force them. They have a will of its own."

I nodded willingly to calm my nervous thoughts. There were four corners of the manor, each with its own lift. We found Taeyong and Mark waiting outside of the North-West elevator which was built in a corner. I stared at Taeyong's outfit for a full second. As usual, he looked attractive in anything. He fiddled with his signature accessory which was a black cap. Mark wore shorts and a hoodie and with his blonde hair. He appeared adorably fetching.

Taehyung was about to text for Jungkook before he came sliding into view. "Ne! Hah... 나는 여기있다 (naneun yeogiissda: I'm here)." He planted himself next to me suddenly shy and fidgety. He looked nice though, in a light blue turtleneck which highlighted his rosy cheeks and cheekbones

Taeyong grinned at me. I glared at him.

A maid in waiting who stood nearby handed me my beige coat, white gloves, my white-woollen beanie and my beige purse. Fashion clarification. Then I fished out my sunglasses and slipped it onto my nose. I passed my hand onto a screen and the elevator slid opened, bearing its cylinderical glowing space. We went in while I texted Jared who was one of the chauffeurs on the duty. The machine sunk below and halted at the basement level. A sleek mini limo awaited us as the doors slid open again.

I allowed the chattering boys to get in first. "Hold on for a minute." A second too late that I've realized I had used my other voice.

Mark giggled. "It's funny to see her in her business character."

"What a mommm...," teased Taehyung who jumped into the backseat giggling.

Ignoring them, I contacted the store we were going to. 'Target' was well known for its many categories in products. "Hi, Kenny. Yea, today remember...? Yep. Oh only four of them with me." I laughed, "Of course, I always tip especially for your store. Thanks, Ken."

"Who's that?" asked Jungkook as I got into my backseat-office.

"A friend of the grocery store we're... going to," I answered slowly mid-concentration. I was rechecking the long strip of paper aka my grocery list. It was nearly the same height as myself. That happens when you have a ton of people living in one house with you.

"Oh."

I placed myself in the backseat and signaled Jared.

The four of them relaxed for the 30-minute ride while I messaged the bodyguards to be ready. The limo rolled off onto the cobblestone path in the sunshine and I took my time answering business calls and replied to multiple emails. Security guards rode flashing scooters and two vans drove ahead and behind the limo, packed with bodyguards and cameramen. They crowded the limo like a stampede of elephants protecting their young one. Fans screamed and held up their devices taking videos and cameras clicked away followed by blinding flashes.

'Word sure got out fast.'

Mini cameras that were built in the car peeked out from each corner, filming the boys' every move. They brought up random topics noisily while I sat behind them. My finger pressed a small button and a dark glass window went up, blocking the sounds. I resumed my work with a peaceful and much-appreciated sigh.

Halfway there, someone tapped the glass repeatedly. Mark widened his eyes as I lowered the glass a few inches. "Yeah?"

"Hey mom, may I have a coke?" he innocently asked.

I smiled and handed him a coke in the mini fridge. "Sure, my son," I replied joking along and patted his blonde mop.

Laughter erupted. "Wei, she's really like a mother ah!"

"Mommy, do you have a bottle?" asked Taeyong, dead serious.

"Uh, I think I'll disown this one," I teased.

"You're making a terrible mistake."

We all laughed. "Ne, I'm younger (y/n). I probably need feeding," winked Jungkook.

"Oi!" I went red but giggled with no self-control. The rest covered their faces in plain embarrassment. "No, Jung, just no."

"If that's the case, can I be your husband?" Taehyung made a kissing face and acted as if he would jump to the back area. "Come, I shall join you and leave our annoying children be."

My eyes darted to Jungkook, slightly alarmed. But he was laughing and pulled Taeh down who rubbed the maknae's hair, claiming indirectly that it was an obvious joke. Relieved, I gave a small smile.

Screams could be heard in the distance. Then Jared cleared his throat suddenly. "We have arrived Sir," he announced.

Everyone's head turned simultaneously. "What?" I shifted and stood up to get out. "I like being called Sir. Sounds more important." The boys burst out laughing. Taehyung's body shook with laughter and Taeyong kept clapping his hands. I huffed and summoned as much dignity as I could. "It's not even that funny. Geez."

As my boots dropped onto the ground, the screams erupted even louder and I forced myself to not cover my ears. Fans everywhere were being held off by buffed bodyguards behind waist-high metal fences. When the boys followed suit, the noise evolved to a noise-pollution level. Flashes went all round.

"Sir? Oh my god (y/n)," Mark chuckled as he waved with both of his skinny arms.

"It's okay for her to be weird. That's why we 그녀를 사랑해 (geunyeoleul salanghae: love her), ne?" Taehyung reached out and puts his arm around my shoulders warmly. "A shortie and a weirdo. Bonus!"

The fans screamed even noisier at the action. Some screamed, "Hug me, Taehyung-oppa!"

I shrugged away and hurriedly walked past them. "Carl, make sure they all keep close," I informed the guard in front of me. This was my first time bringing them to the grocery store after all. I hardly take them out to malls. But when I do, I don't usually bring them to such crowded or un-rural places where tons of people streamed the roads and sidewalks.

The automatic doors welcomed us with a smiling Kenny on standby. "Ah. Hello, hello!"

He was a jolly fellow with a thousand wrinkles creating tiny folds amongst his kind face. I've always thought how lucky his grandchildren were. Kenny was really a nice bloke.

I took off my sunglasses. "Guys, meet Kenny Mackerel. He's the manager of this Target store. Ken, these are the boys. Taeyong and Mark from NCT 127 and Jungkook and Taehyung from BTS. Thanks for allowing the whole store for us today."

He enveloped me in a friendly hug which I accepted with a smile. "Of course, of course! The pleasure to meet you all. Been awhile since I met Chinese people."

"Oh we're not Chinese, we're Korean. But a few of our members are Chinese though, but they're not here with us," explained Taeyong.

"Wow!" Kenny glanced at me in surprise. "English...?"

I nodded, proud. "Been teaching them the past months."

"Amazing! Truly amazing!" he exclaimed and pushed his slipping spectacles back up. "Well, the store is yours for at most, two hours. Spend with benefits I always say."

The boys bow and said, "우리를 초대해 주셔서 감사합니다 (ulileul chodaehae jusyeoseo gamsahabnida: thank you for having us)."

"Thank you for having us," I translated helpfully.

"And you seem fluent in it too. Oh but no worries. This publicity is good for my business so I should be the one thanking you. Just promise me you'll come here at least once a month!"

I winked. "Of course."

And then he left us be. Camera men, who came from the previous vans that trailed us, continued filming us as the boys gleefully took three trolleys.

"Woah. This is my first time at 'Target'," exclaimed Jungkook.

"It's like the shop is telling us to hit something...?" interpreted Taehyung glancing around in wonder.

"Or maybe we are their targets? Because we buy stuff from them?"

"Ah, or the products are the targets."

"You all can get whatever you want," I interrupted. The eyes of the boys lit up in excitement. "We meet at a cashier in an hour or so. I'll go do my shopping for Chef Louie."

"Ne, ne," the rest replied, half-listening. Most had already pulled away as soon as I finished my first sentence. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

I wandered off with Taehyung who offered to drive the trolley behind me. I led him to nearly every aisle, picking up everything I need for the list.

"Ne, we need more ramen."

"No, Taeh. We don't! Look we only need thirty packets- not an extra twenty."

"Never underestimate the power of ramen-lovers like me. I'm telling you we need twenty more."

"It's not even that healthy!"

"Then let's add extra vegetables into the cart."

"Taeh-" I sighed and laughed. "Ja, ja. Put it in here."

"Yayyyy!" he cheered. "Ramen! Ramen!"

Two people in the store joined him even though we weren't in the same lane. "Ramen! Ramen!" Jungkook and Mark's invisible voices chanted.

We nearly argued on what to get in every aisle, despite having a shopping list.

In the drink aisle, we met Taeyong who appeared to be in deep concentration. He glanced at us who strolled towards him.

"Watchu taking?" I asked as I stood next to him. "The fizzy drinks?"

"Ah? No... I'm choosing which Vitagen packet I should pick."

I raised my eyebrows. "Vitagen."

"Ne, Vitagen. Ah, my favourite is this one, see? All green. Apples..."

I laughed. "Just take five packets if you must Tae, it's on me so it's fine."

"Woah, really? Ah, but I feel bad."

Taehyung stepped between us and picked up some bottles and dropped them into the trolley. "Nah, (y/n) is cool with it. She's cool with it Tae."

Taeyong looked at him and grinned casually. "The guilt still strangles me to this day. But hey, can you go get Mark for me Taeh?" My heart stopped. "I'm gonna fill this trolley with Vitagen."

Taehyung hesitated, but not finding an excuse, he obeyed with a nod.

I turned back at the cooler and studied the drinks with fake interest. My mind was elsewhere and my heart was beating fast. I started to sweat despite being next to a cooling machine. 'I'm alone with Taeyong again!'

"Ne, is ten packets enough?" He asked, arms full of bulky colours.

I nodded, my throat dry.

He dumped them all in and picked up my list from my hands. "Woah, you still have a lot to check off."

I glanced down at how close his shoes were with mine.

"Do you need some help with this? I think you do."

I looked up and realized how close our mouths were. If I moved a few inches, our lips would touch.

"Um... (y/n)?" he questioned. His eyes gazed into mine and I swallowed. 'How beautiful...' He seemed worried at how I wasn't answering him. If only he knew.

"Tae-"

A crash sounded and I spun around in surprise. It was Jungkook who looked dazed and startled at his current position. He was on a pile of cans. He must have walked backward and knocked into a castle of them. He turned red in embarrassment at the mistake he caused. We both rushed in the direction of where he laid, sprawled.

Taeyong was the first to pull him up and dust him off. "You okay Jung?"

His face scrunched up but I couldn't tell if it was physical pain or something else. Maybe both. "Just hurt I guess."

"What happened Jung?" I was worried despite guessing what actually happened.

"Nah, I slipped. Must be the shoes." He gave a short, shaky laugh.

Some staff came over to help clean up the mess. I apologized and handed them a few notes.

A guilty Jungkook bent down and hurriedly picked up everything but they smiled and reassured him that it was an accident and there wasn't any need for him to help.

He fidgeted. "Umm... Hey (y/n), 정말 미안해 (jeongmal mianhae: I'm really sorry)."

"Hey... it's no big deal. Chill. Besides, remember the fans are watching our every move so smile Jungkookie," I patted him on the back with a reassured smile.

"Not every move..." he mumbled.

My heart squeezed. "Ju-"

"You're right. Don't want them to get worried."

He went up to one of the cameras and grinned. "Whoops. Ah, I feel really bad but I'm fine and the staff is really nice here. But I still feel guilty."

"That's really sweet of you," someone whispered into my ear.

I jumped. "Oh, Taeyong. Yeah... wait what's sweet?" I peered at him, puzzled.

"That you paid them so Jung wouldn't get into trouble."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"I didn't realize that you..."

"That I noticed? Well, at least the cameras didn't."

"How would you know?"

"I observed the situation to check that no one spotted anything. And the camera men was pointing the other way. At me," he grinned. "I do love hogging the cameras don't I?"

I laughed. We chattered onwards as we neared the cashier and Mark joined our conversation. Four overloaded shopping carts trailed behind with the help of our bodyguards. I tried to ignore the fact that Taehyung and Jungkook were behind us talking quietly. But my heart squeezed every time I looked their way. I loved them both. I loved everyone. I wish I didn't need to hurt anyone. Though I knew it was impossible. Jungkook's face was a mask that cracked multiple times no matter how hard he tried to cover it.

I turned up at Taeyong who was next to me, arranging the groceries into the clothed bags I brought. I was against plastic bags and supported recycling like no other.

He noticed me staring. "Hmm?"

I gave a small smile. "Let's go."

***

Jungkook stood behind watching them. Taehyung fell into step next to him. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Not a single scratch."

"I'm not talking about that stupid."

"Oh."

They were silent for a while. Neither seemed to know what to say. Then-

"I'm sorry you had to see that."

"No. Thanks for warning me that they were alone together."

Taeyong, Mark, and (y/n) busied themselves at the cashier. The two of them hung back a bit behind tall candy counters. Taehyung glanced at his watch, an hour and forty minutes flew by fast.

"May I ask?"

"Ne."

"How close were they?"

"If I came later, I'm sure they'd be making out on the packet drinks," he grinned bitterly.

Taehyung pulled him for a hug. "When we get home, you can let it all out. Hold it in for now. Just a bit."

"Ne," his shoulders shook a bit but he pulled away, his eyes watery. He gulped. "Just a bit."

They walked on, arms around each other's shoulders. The rest were ahead already getting into the limo. Fans had increased in number and screamed with joy when Taeyong did a little freestyle dance just for show. (y/n)'s eyes stared up at him in admiration, shining.

Taehyung felt a hard squeeze and rubbed the maknae's back. They both ignored the fans with nothing but fake smiles.

As they all clambered in, I noticed that Taehyung and Jungkook sat closer to me, pushing me into a corner. Taeyong and Mark climbed in after and leisurely sat behind me.

"Err... guys. I need space," I laughed awkwardly. My body was being squashed into the corner with Jungkook on my left. My cheeks pressed up against the tinted windows. I wasn't sitting in my beloved backseat-office since I thought I could somehow end up next to Taeyong. But I held in my stupid frustration with some sort of understanding.

"Oh. Sorry. Here," Jungkook offered and pulled me onto his lap.

I squeaked in protest. But he held on to my hips firmly and drew my head onto his chest. "My payback for the money you paid for me."

"W-wait! I told you- grocery is always on me."

"No, not that money. The money you gave to the staff. You were worried I'd be told off right?"

"Um, yeah. A bit. But I don't need to-"

I glanced at Taeyong who whistled. "Woooooh, Jungkook!" Mark laughed.

Taehyung smiled. "Ah, you both are adorable." His eyes caught mine, pleading. But I wrestled on the choice to be put down or play along. I didn't want Jungkook to get the wrong idea. He would be hurt even more so. But right now, Taehyung's eyes were...

I sighed and playfully pushed his shoulders. "Fine. You can be my seat for today."

Jungkook grinned at me. "Why not every day?"

"I'm heavy Jungkookie!"

"What. No."

"Your neck is red, Jung," teased Mark.

"Ah, that's... not because of her weight," and he brushed back wisps of my hair.

I swallowed quietly. "Hey, Jung?"

"Mmmm...?"

I hugged him and slapped him lightly. "You're an idiot."

"W-what?" he smiled going red. "Why am I the idiot?"

"I love you. You are precious to me. That's all," I avoided Taeyong's observing face, missing his closness all of a sudden. But in the corner of my left eye, he was grinning at me, shifting in his seat.

Mark clapped. "Wow. (Y/n) makes a move!"

Jungkook was silent for a while, unsure of what to say. "I see."

I leaned against him. Seeing the roads jammed with traffic, I took the opportunity to catch up on sleeping hours. "Imma sleep. If you move, I'll punish you."

"Oi! Ne, Taehyung- she's bullying me even though I kindly offered her."

"She's the boss of you in this car Jungkookie," said Taehyung, dead serious.

I chuckled in uncertainty. I knew millions of humans were watching us right now thanks to the cameras filming us. And they'll get the wrong idea. Jungkook will get the wrong idea. I felt his heart beating two times faster than mine. Being in love can be oddly relatable but truly tiresome. Dying slightly inside, my eyes closed and my mind nodded off to the hum of the limo.

***

Taehyung headed to her room. He had calmed Jungkook down who despite having (y/n) on his lap for an hour or so, was still upset whenever Taeyong was mentioned or entered the room. All of the BTS members were trying their hardest to support his love for (y/n). He wondered if it was the same with the NCT's. But the main problem was, she felt nothing for him. Y/N only desired him as to how a sister would. In her eyes, Taeyong was her light and happiness.

It was hard for him sometimes. He loved everyone. Over the months, he grew close to Taeyong who was a cool hyung in his opinion and never ceased to amaze him. He loved watching him in action by doing his special talent: freestyle dancing. Taehyung wished he could do that, and Taeyong had grinned and told him that he could teach him if he wanted and kept true to his promise.

The public was overjoyed that their favourite well-known Tae's were getting along splendidly. But with Jungkook madly in love with the honey-brown haired girl...

Taehyung didn't want to hurt anyone. He wanted (y/n) to be happy too and if she was happy with Taeyong by her side...

It had been four, approaching five, hours since they were dropped off at the garage. Everyone had lunch except the lady of the house herself. She told them that her free time had been mostly used up so she had to dive back to work. Jungkook suggested he helped her in her work but she politely refused saying how she had business calls and paperwork. Jung wouldn't understand a thing. (Y/n) then picked up some of the groceries for her room and Taeyong rushed to help her and they both went off.

That scene obviously was difficult for Jungkook to process. He kept thinking (y/n) was pushing him away. Maybe she was. But Taehyung knew that she was only doing it for his sake. She didn't want him to get hurt if she acted how she did around Jungkook. The pain would be even more agonizing. 

Jungkook had huffed to an empty studio and played a beautiful but sad ballad out of plain misery, wanting some alone time. The magnificent, silent yet contented, black beast cried out a melodious compilation, Jungkook's hands mastering the black instrument. It was just the him and the piano in the dark, but Taehyung heard the whole song from outside. The notes were played strongly and anyone could hear a deep compassion of regret in the song. It moved his heart and Taehyung was at a lost. Friendship and love were extremely confusing and hard when they come crashing together.

He sighed as he went round a corner. He passed a hand over a pad at the side and the automatic doors slid to reveal-

-a messy sight. Taehyung abruptly stopped. "Err... (y/n)?" He called.

The room was dark but dimmed by the lights coming from the floor. The floors of her house always lighted up around the area of anybody's feet. It gave them the light they needed for just walking around. Taehyung personalized his light to a light sky blue. So the room glowed blue from his light, the walls sparkling mysteriously.

Everything was dead silent as he explored the messy bedroom. Cans and paper littered the floor and some stationary were strewn all over. Taehyung studied the situation silently. He neared her work corner and halted, his heart and mind shrieking all at once.

(Y/n) was lying on the floor with a spilled coffee can in her hand. The smell of vomit came from a nearby corner, not far from her position. A mix of coffee... and blood? Next to her was her huge desk which was layered with huge amounts of complicated paperwork and stationary. Her wide computer screen was still running, data tables and other tabs filled the screen. Her phone tingled every few seconds and he grabbed it. It was business messages and missed calls. He switched it off in anger and frustration.

Taehyung rushed to (y/n)'s limp body and realized that her clothes were stained with her accident. But that didn't matter at the moment. He cradled her gently, her clothes staining his. Her whole body was burning. "Goddamit. A fever."

He hurriedly set off to find her bathtub. Thankfully, her tub had a soft, waterproof-cushioned seat so he sat her down. "Towel... I need a towel..."

Taehyung studied her walk-in-wardrobe in dismay. "Arghh...! How am I supposed to find a bloody simple towel??"

"Preparing towel," came a robotic voice and a drawer revealed itself from a nearby wall. A bunch of folded cotton towels in all shapes, sizes and colour waited for Taehyung.

'Right, it's automatic. Thank heaven and lord.'

He wetted it and wiped Y/N's hot face. She trembled at his touch and groaned. "Hey, hey. Relax Y/N," he whispered. He stared at her dirty business outfit. "Damn it. I need to take that off."

He contemplated on what to do. Suddenly Y/N shifted and her emerald eyes he admired flew open. "Ugh..."

"Shhh..."

"Hot... I'm so hot..." she teared up.

"Yes Y/N. You have a fever. Aish... You pushed yourself too hard..." he brushed back her fringe gently.

"Take it off..." she whimpered.

"Y/N, I can't."

"Please... Taeh..." she pleaded and clung to him. "I can hardly move..."

His heart sped up and he forced himself to calm down. "Okay. With your permission. I-I'll promise to try to un-see it. And I won't do-"

"I... I know you won't... Trust... you..." and she sank back into unconsciousness.

Taehyung swallowed and began to undress her, half closing his eyelids. He was grateful that only her blazer and skirt was stained and not her undergarments. But it was still difficult and his whole face went scarlet throughout the whole thing. After undressing her, Taehyung wiped her body a bit with the cool cloth and kissed her forehead when she trembled in pain. She piped down immediately to his surprise.

His mom had always kissed his forehead whenever he had a hot fever. It calmed him down at once. Taehyung didn't expect it would work on Y/N too but he was glad it did.

He ordered the room for a dressing gown, a pair of socks and dressed her up with caution and care. He then lifted her up and carried her up the stairs. At her bed, he laid her down but she wouldn't have it. Her arms tightened around his neck.

"Uh, (y/n)-"

"No! Don't leave me, mother! I swear I won't do it again! I promise so please..." She sobbed softly into his chest.

Taehyung froze. A fever-dream. He straightened up with a crying (y/n) clinging on to him. He hugged her tight.

"Don't leave me!"

"I won't."

"Don't leave me!"

"I won't."

"Don't leave...please..."

"I promise on my life (y/n), I won't ever leave you."

With that, (y/n)'s arms went limp and leaned against his beating chest, his hands caressing her soft head. Soon she was breathing evenly despite her burning body and he laid her down onto her mattress once more. She struggled in alarm but he held her searching hands for reassurance.

"I won't leave you. I'm here, where you are."

Endless minutes ticked by. Taehyung sat at the edge of her bed, his right hand intertwined with hers. After every five minutes or so, he used the towel to wipe her head and gave her a soft peck. He glanced at his watch. It was already evening. The rest would be wondering where he was, and his phone was back in his room.

He sighed tiredly and stared at (y/n)'s sleeping form. 'She's so vulnerable. And her body was so fragile- it was as if I was carrying a child,' he thought worriedly.

She looked like a maiden in a castle. With her honey-brown waves caressing her face and shoulders. It spilled like a caramel stream. Tiny dainty hands were like a faerie's. He wondered how such a tiny woman handles such a stress load of work. Taehyung's eyes trailed onto her face. Her once pale features were ghostly now. Though her original skin tone was a light peach colour. 'She needed more food,' he concluded. 'And sleep.'

She was doing so much for thousands of people. Including the boys and him. All alone, the expectations of people weighed on her shoulders and though he had suspected it, he hardly did anything to prevent it. He cursed himself silently for that then swore he would protect her health from then on.

As he continued staring at her, tears of shame formed in his eyes. He loved her so much and he didn't realize how trying and how much she struggled. And to top it all off, (y/n) had never spoken a word of her family before. There weren't any photo frames or a single object in her manor containing a hint of her childhood. It was as if she purposely wiped out all traces of her family and history to forget everything. It was most probably something tragic since she kept silent about it.

And still, he didn't realize. He should have. He bloody should.

He kissed her forehead one last time. "Thank you, (y/n)," he whispered softly to no one but himself, tears falling onto her soft translucent-like cheeks. "For the love of god, thank you."