{Part 1: Second Family}

"I choose him" (BTS: Taehyung Version)

Everyone shipped it. Jungkook and I. Taehyung and I. Taeyong and I. 

I was always part of some iconic ship somewhere on the internet. I didn't mind actually. It was expected to happen anyway.

For a living, I worked as a movie director, owned a fandom store, donated to different charities on a monthly basis and sponsored my favourite Korean boybands with my income. I prided myself on being their biggest and most generous sponsors they've ever encountered.

"(y/n), what's for 공식 만찬 (gongsig manchan: dinner)?" asks Mark Lee from across the room as I walked in.

All of them could speak slight fluent English due to staying in my house for a long time. Koreans catch on fast. They were all here for the huge "K-pop Night Concert Event 2017" in three months. The bands with me were BTS, NCT 127, NCT U, NCT DREAM, Astro and EXO. Six of these bands were to perform in the world's largest K-pop boy band concerts ever to be made. And all of the bands will each release a new album on their first night. Each night was to be held every three days. Merchandise would also be sold by my fandom store during the special event I've arranged. It took me nearly a whole two years to be able to balance such a project. But it was a dream I have held onto since High school so I was finally making it come true.

{From BTS, were: Jeon Jungkook, Kim Nam-Joon (Rap Monster), Kim Taehyung (V), Jung Hoseok (J-Hope), Park Jimin, Kim Seokjin (Jin) and Min Yoongi (Suga).}

{From NCT 127 were: Lee Taeyong, Yuta Nakamoto, Lee Dong Hyuk (Haechan), Jung Yoon-oh (Jaehyun), Moon Taeil, Mark Lee, Kim Dong-young (Doyoung), Dong Si Cheng (Winwin) and Youngho Seo (Johnny).}

{From NCT U were: Lee Taeyong, Yuta Nakamoto, Mark Lee, Jung Yoon-oh (Jaehyun), Dong Si Cheng (Winwin), Chittaphon Leechaiyakul (Ten), Kim Dong-young (Doyoung) and Moon Taeil.}

{From NCT DREAM were: Mark Lee, Huang Ren Jun (Renjun), Lee Je No (Jeno), Lee Dong Hyuk (Haechan), Na Jae Min (Jaemin), Zhong Chen Le (Chenle) and Park Ji Sung (Jisung).}

{From Astro were: Lee Dong Min (Cha Eunwoo), Yoon San-ha, Park Minhyuk (Rocky), Moon bin, Park Jinwoo (Jin Jin) and Kim Myungjun (MJ).}

{From EXO were: Byun Baek Hyun (Baekhyun), Do Kyung Soo (D.O), Kim Joon Myun (Suho), Kim Jong In (Kai), Park Chan Yeol (Chanyeol), Oh Se Hoon (Sehun), Kim Jong Dae (Chen), Zhang Yi Xing (Lay) and Kim Min Seok (Xiumin).}

Sometimes the bands have been going off to other countries for mini concerts and radio interviews occasionally. For now, the ones with me were the NCT's and BTS. Astro and EXO, however, were off with their managers to settle other business outside of the country. I missed them a lot. It was fun when everyone was here. They were all like my second family. Or even my first. If a band was absent, I always felt empty inside.

I flopped onto a chaise sofa and fished out my phone to check my current schedule. Around me were most of the members of the NCT units and BTS. But the lounge was spacious enough to hold everybody in without feeling packed.

It was a bright room, sun rays painting the wooden floorboards and walls. Turquoise chairs and white cushions dotted the room and hanging light bulbs were attached to the ceiling. Soft jazz floated through the room, calming my nerves as I knew it would. You could call it Tumblr as it was aesthetic. I made it artsy and crafted creating a welcoming aura. Thus, before every meal, everyone would hang out here as it was near the dining room.

"It's... steak night," I replied, peering at the screen.

Everyone instantly looked up, simultaneously.

"Wah, 소고기 스테이크 (sogogi seuteikeu: beef steak)?"

"Tonight's steak?!"

"Woohoo! 스테이크 (seuteikeu: steak)!"

"Yayyyyy!"

Random outbursts continued as everyone around me exploded with happiness.

'Seems like steak is some sort of sacred food or something in Korea,' I thought, watching them act like a roundhouse of barn animals.

I rolled my eyes in response and gave them all a weird look. "It's like you guys haven't even touched or seen steak in your entire life." I chuckled, "I wonder what happens if the chef somehow announces that we're all out?"

"Oi, oi. Don't jinx it, (y/n)!" cried Ten.

I smiled. All around me were rambunctious K-pop stars that were too immature for words and yet, they could still appear handsome and 'hot' looking for the public to admire. It's a miracle if you ever managed to ask me.

"Jokinggg..." I started typing 're-stock the kitchen pantry+fridge' into tomorrow's plan. "Dinner in 10 mins by the way," I then announced, looking around for some sort of response. All the boys nodded or grunted without lifted heads. Some were on their phones while others like Suga and Jimin were playing chess in the corner, deep in amusing concentration. Meanwhile, Jisung, Chenle and Renjun were dealing a deck of cards, laughing hysterically. It was a typical evening.

At the age of twenty-two, being surrounded by cute guys could be hard. But as long as the overall public was okay with it, I wasn't so harshly hated. Besides, to make the haters chill a little, the managers of all the bands and I organized an everyday TV show with cameras throughout the manor. It was called 'A K-pop life with Y/N' so people all around the world could watch their favourite k-pop stars prepare for the event. And to also see what they are up to on a daily basis in my house. Personal scenes were cut out- if any.

The house area being fifty acres wide with a four-level manor was no problem for eight bands, around thirty house staff and one busy workaholic, aka me. I even specially systematized a wing for each band so I knew where to find their rooms when necessary. (Example: BTS wing. Badum-tss)

"Has anyone seen my watch?" Taeyong inquired, who crawled into the room bent on hands and knees. "I think I left it here... somewhere. Somewhere in this... room."

Doyoung stood up and started to help. A few others did the same.

"손목 시계 (sonmog sigye: wrist watch) ah?"

"Ne," flipping pillows as he checked the sofa I was lying on.

A memory clicked into place and I got up heading towards the dining room. "Taeyong, is it gold in colour?"

"Eh...?"

"금색 (keumsaek: gold). Gold in colour," I repeated, turning around as I stood at the doorway.

"Ahhh! Ne, ne. It's gold... why? Do you know where it is?" his eyes lit up with question and hope, sparkling. He's always known for loving his precious bits and bobs. It was one of his quirks.

"Hmmm... maybe." I walked to a tiny table in the corner of the dining room. "Ah! Taeyong, it's over here," I called, spotting a cool and expensive looking wrist watch. A 'city-chains' brand at the most. "Woah. This looks 고가 (goga: pricey)," thus I picked it up for mere inspection out of curiousity.

"Wait, where are you? In the game room?" he buzzed.

"자, 자 (ja: here)."

"Ahhhh....! Goldy! 감사합니다! (gamsahabnida: thank you) 감사합니다!" He plucked it out of my hand smiling and started to hold it up to his cheek, caressing it.

"Oi! That's creepy! And Goldy? What on earth...?" I laughed, happy that I got to help him. His joyful features were adorable and a sight for sore eyes and body.

We stared at each other for a few seconds but before he could think of a reply or say anything, a voice crackled on the hidden speakers in each room across the house, announcing dinner. Loud voices chattered in excitement for tonight's dish and the rest finally appeared, trailing into the room like students heading for an assembly.

Jungkook squealed "스테이크 (seuteikeu: steak)!" before he grabbed my hand and led me to my spot at the table.

It was a magnanimous one, rectangular in size. Four noticeable platters of grilled beef steak were arranged decoratively with delicious side dishes surrounding them. A mini gravy-train, that I invented a few months ago, with tiny tracks railed everywhere between the plates. I glanced up and noticed that my new 'drinkers' were ready. I grinned as this would give them a bit of a dinner surprise. I've always enjoyed giving the boys surprises now and then. I was also glad that I watched the movie, Coraline, back when I was a young child. It really inspired me.

We all took our places and some kitchen staff came out to serve the steamed rice. The food was attacked by the hungry and eager youths and the usual chatter arose.

"맛있는! (mas-issneun: delicious)," exclaimed Jin.

"Ne," mumbled Doyoung who was chewing ecstatically.

I shifted in my seat. Messages kept popping up on my phone frequently as I gobbled my piece like a savage bunny on revenge. I glanced at it with a new interest. As my mind drifted off into the business world, someone's foot kept nudging me with urgent insistence underneath the table. I glared across and nudged Jungkook back who grinned cheekily.

"(y/n)... stop doing business or whatever! We're supposed to be eating and spending time with each other," he mumbled with a mouthful of half-chewed food.

I ignored him and continued typing away on my smartphone, grinding my food slowly in concentration. It was one of the manufacturers of the stage and there was a need of confirmation I needed to clarify. He consistently nudged me again. Firmer this time. I sighed.

"That's gross," I pointed out.

"What's gross?"

"Your 입으로 (ib-eulo: mouth) and its contents."

'Hopefully distracting would work,' I thought.

There was some peaceful silence from him for a bit. But as I was halfway through my seventh text, my phone was suddenly snatched away and I yelped.

Jungkook chuckled in victory as he held it up high upwards. Too high for me to reach considering my height, and I yelled half-jokingly for him to hand it over but he tossed it to Johnny, who caught it and laughed at my widened eyes from seeing my precious iPhone being held at risk. Jungkook demanded I sit and join the 'merry chat'. Trust them to create rules in my own house. Though I guess it was theirs too now.

I rolled my eyes and snorted but I followed his orders. There was no way in a million dimensions was I gonna see my phone 'till after the meal. Someone then d my leg to comfort me and I kicked Jungkook, though I knew it came from Taehyung's direction.

"Oi, it wasn't me!" he exclaimed, rubbing his ankles. He caught V's discreet grin. "Ne, ne. It was Taehyung, (y/n)!"

"I don't care," I said, swallowing an upcoming giggle.

"But-" he laughed, then "But it was Tae!"

An innocent face looked up. "Hmmm? But I was eating. Oi, don't go around accusing your 흉's (hyung:presentable olders) ah, Jungkookie."

"Oi, I'm not lying. It was him. Don't be faltered by the innocent, handsome face."

Taehyung laughed. "What did I do to deserve sudden complimentary?"

The rest and I observed in silence and amusement at the crazy duo.

"Ne, I shall take it back then."

"O-oi..."

"Taehyung-hyung doesn't think he's handsome so we shall now keep that in mind, ne?"

Laughter arose and V covered his disbelief mouth. "Oi, that's not true!"

"Ah, then admit to your wrongdoing," he said, sitting down in triumph.

"Ne, I hereby admit that I d (y/n)'s leg lovingly on purpose," Taehyung announced as he winked, all shame gone for some reason.

"Wooooohh Taehyunggg...!" whistled Namjoon-hyung, chuckling.

A raised eyebrow was my only response. I decided to turn over the card. "I need more gravy," I declared and pressed the gravy button. The toy train activated and began its singing journey around the table, whistling merrily. The boys did the same.

"Choo-choo!"

"Chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a!"

"Wah, here it comes!"

It tipped a jug from its cargo and poured me a generous stream of fresh and hot creamy goodness. I smiled suddenly, remembering.

"Hah... You guys thirsty? I mean we haven't drunk anything actually."

I pulled down a hidden lever underneath and the four chandeliers dipped down to produce their built in contents. They had transparent glass containers attached to them with taps at the bottom. Like normal drinking containers where you store a ton of drink, but on chandeliers.

"Woah...! The lights are coming down!"

"Wait, is that tropical fruit mix?"

"Chocolate! Woah, look! 초콜렛 밀크 쉐이크! (chokollis milkeu sweikeu: chocolate milkshake)"

"Is there ice-lemon tea?"

"Oh my gosh..."

"Wow... Ne, I want orange juice please, pass me the 오렌지 주스 (olenji juseu: orange juice), Winwin."

As usual, Korean people acted as if they've never seen a drink bar in their lives. They were impressed, however, I guess I don't blame them. You don't see drink bars attached to light frames every day.

When things were calmer, I remembered something and spoke, "Oh, tomorrow I have to re-stock the fridge and kitchen pantry. So I'll be out from twelve alright. Behave yourselves when I'm gone," I reminded them firmly.

"Eh, she sounds like my mom," giggled Haechan.

"Ne, mine too!" replied a smiling Taeyong.

"No. I think she sounds like my grandmother!" snorted Jisung with laughter.

"Oi! I am not!" I frowned, trying to muster as much control and dignity into my expression. But my lips trembled into a small smile.

Taeyong raised his hand as if we were in the middle of a school lesson, but he quickly covered it with a sheepish stretch. "Uh... I wanna follow you to the 식료품 점 (siglyopum jeom: grocery store) if that's okay. May we also get more steak?"

"Mmm... Sure." My heart thudded as I stared into his eyes for a moment. My crush on him had been going on for more than a month. But I've loved and adored him ever since my High school days.

He smiled softly and took out a comb to style his hair, well aware of the cameras set up in the room.

To me, he was a special guy. He had many quirks that were unusual but unique like his love for cameras and putting on a good show for it. He also impressed people which he never failed to do but despite that, he was always nervous before and after the encounter. Having an ideal, cute and handsome looking features, you would think he wouldn't mind acting cute for the sake of public entertainment, but he despised having to be cute intentionally as an order. Though he still naturally is anyway. It's in his personality.

Taeyong also had mysophobia which meant he was genuinely unnerved by germs and diseases. He'd keep away from them throughout his whole life if he could. Being a neat-freak, he would clean up any mess, anywhere at any time. And he automatically would help out anyone, even a mortal stranger if it seemed like they need a hand. He could be vulnerable if you think about it. Taeyong also likes to be narcissistic but in a fun, comical way. It builds up the confidence he claimed he doesn't have at certain times.

We have some things in common too. We both adore gaming, reading, and food. We kept up to date with our favourite Korean dramas that were trending. Taeyong and I both worship fashion, be it male or female. I would always give my input to someone, trying to show them that a certain scarf could complete the look or those sports shoes would match those jeans. And Taeyong would give fashion advice too.

Before I could dream of fantasies of us being alone during the shop, Mark, Jungkook, and Taehyung announced that they wanted to tag along as well. Taeyong nodded and looked at me with hopeful eyes. I sighed inwardly. So much for romantic fantasies.

"Ne, I'm gonna head off to my room first. 굿나잇 (gusnais: goodnight). Don't stay up too late," I informed them. I pushed my chair back and started towards the stairs, taking my refill with me for my long night. The boys continued their conversations, their voices bouncing off the walls.

I heard a chair scraped backward and knew who it was without needing to turn.

"Yeah, Jungkook?"

"Nothing. I just thought that you would like some company," he said.

We both trudged up the marble staircase in silence. My bare feet felt cold against the smooth floor. A chilly breeze wafted across the colossal vicinity, caressing my cheeks. A window was probably left unclosed somewhere by the house staff, allowing the night air in. I stared at my toenails. At my age, it was unusual for me to have small, dainty hands and feet. The boys were fascinated enough though.

"Why aren't you wearing your socks?" he then asked.

"I don't know. I forgot I guess," I mumbled, trying to hop every now and then due to the icy marble. Suddenly, Jungkook lifted me up, sweeping me off the ground, and my head ended up beside his right shoulder.

"O-oi!" I flapped my arms and tried to scramble off without spilling my drink in embarrassment. "Put me down, Jung!"

"Nah," he whispered into my hair. "Your feet might turn blue from the cold and then you need to chop it off."

"No, that's diabetes- not from the lack of heat," I protested. "And why on earth are you whispering?"

"Because it's night and still so I feel the sense to speak softly." He turned right at a junction of a corridor.

"You're crazy. 미친 (michin: crazy), 미친. Don't waste your energy on me," I insisted.

"Ne, you're the one crazy. You stay up all night to do consistent work to support everything you hold dear. So be quiet and let me carry you, (y/n)."

His neck and face were red and I panicked at the thought of being too heavy. "Look, I really don't need this. Can you please stop?" I begged.

He stopped walking. "(y/n), why do you push me away?"

"What? I don't push you away. What makes you think that?" I said in bewilderment.

He kept quiet and moved further, nearing my bedroom.

"Hey, I don't push you away okay? Jung, I don't know why you think that- but hey, I love you so please don't look upset," I said as I tried to reason his monotone expression. When he didn't say anything, I then asked hesitantly, "Jung? Uh, you okay...?"

He settled me down onto the floor and then pushed me gently but firmly against the wall next to my bedroom doors.

"Jungk-"

Jungkook's face neared mine and for one second, I thought he was going to kiss me. I turned scarlet at the thought of it and my heart rammed into my ribcage repeatedly. The tip of our noses touched. My breathing timed perfectly with my heartbeat in synchronization.

"You... love me?" he tilted his head slightly in question.

"Uh, yeah. I love everyone..."

"Oh," he sighed. "Okay." He slowly puts his forehead on my left shoulder and heaved.

We were like that for a few moments before I whispered in confusion, "Why are you sad Jungkookie?"

He didn't respond but his shoulders tensed as if he was weighing a certain amount of options on what to say. "I'm..."

Someone's pair of feet could be heard from the end of the hallway. It was probably a house staff or the camera crew trying to locate us for the live reality show. I desperately prayed no one would approach our situation. It would raise unwanted questions and theories.

"I'm tired of carrying you. You were right, you really are heavy," he joked, lifting his head up.

"Hey! That's your fault! And I never agreed to me being heavy."

He laughed and took a hesitant step back. He appeared to be as if there was something he wanted to say or do but was holding it back tightly.

"Well, I better get a head start on my work," I spoke up.

"Ne."

"Night-night. Love ye!" I stuck my tongue out.

Jungkook smiled.

I went in and closed the door breathing heavily without looking back. 'Jungkook is acting weird lately. A bit too intimate for my liking...'

The cavernous room whizzed and hummed to life, measuring my body, predicting my needs and favored temperature.

Treading on fluffy carpeted floor that switched colours from time to time, I slipped into a silky nightgown that I chose from my touchscreen mirror. Nearly everything in the house was touchscreen activated. It made it more fun that way. To grant access to shortcuts, you had to figure which object, wall or ceiling to manipulate and unlock. So far it was only me using the secret pathways often. I rinsed my face, wiping all traces of exhaustion. My brain immediately fed my mind with selective ideas for a script in the making. But it soon turned back to Jungkook.

I recently guessed the reason of his obvious actions. That didn't mean I was entirely gratified about it. I loved and cared for Jungkook, of course, but my heart was already taken by someone else.

The last time he did something intimate was when I was lying in bed using my phone and he jumped onto me and hugged me tightly. He was laughing at the time as I yelled at him to get off. But it was so sudden and out of the blue that I couldn't tell if it was a joke or if he eagerly wanted something more. Though I did remember faintly that he might have been saying something but I wasn't paying attention. Duty called in my defense.

I sighed, clutching my glass anxiously. Maybe I was overreacting and it's just normal for Jungkook to act flirtatious around girls, despite being not entirely true. I tiptoed across the lighted floor towards my office and study. The room automatically luminescence lights everywhere, from within the walls, floors, and ceilings. Certain furniture glowed in a subdued manner in multi colours. The lights followed my movements through sensors. The air-conditioner, which was also on sensors, started gusting out cool air flows and I relaxed against my chair and delved into my paperwork, with a sudden sense of my usual determination. A sweet aroma engulfed the room, filling it with imaginary apples and berries. I inhaled deeply, my preferred nose drug. Automatic houses were brilliant.

As a chairman of a rising global business at twenty-two and a movie director, work was everlasting. I picked up some nearby exhaustion pills and gulped them down, washing it with a swallow of my drink. I was regularly having insomnia, headaches, migraines and gastric due to lack of sleep and food. My immune system was wavering but I love my work and did it with a passion so I hated having to upset my schedule or the people I collaborated with.

Now with the huge k-pop event coming up, I was worse off. I juggled five main things on my plate. The global store progress, my movies, sponsors, donations, and the concert. By now, no matter how hard I try, the boys were starting to notice my health strain and were constantly forcing me to take breaks and power naps. And to have more fun in life. But I do often find my work fun wholeheartedly. Which complicated things.

I began furiously typing on my keyboard an unfinished script I was preparing in a week's time. Seven hours passed by slowly and my massive printer hummed and whirred throughout the night beside me as sheets of A4 paper slipped out fresh and ready. I did proofreading, editing and reprints. I clipped on paperclips and jotted down some sticky notes, plastering them on certain pages. I collected my end results and packed them into several bulky files, attaching all the stack of papers.

I stood up, took a step back, breathed, stretched and yawned silently. It was three in the morning. I have been up working since eight. I blinked and rubbed my eyes all the way to the walk-in-closet and bathroom. I washed, changed and dressed before my body made its way upwards on a spiral staircase reaching a wide, secluded cove on my mini second floor. I jumped into my cold and warm bed with much appreciation.

As I snuggled underneath the folds of downy blanket, I tried and expected my brain to shut down with a sense of relief but for some reason, I couldn't.

"Ugh, I hope it isn't my insomnia playing up again," I muttered.

I whipped my phone out and went online on a group chat where all the boys were in. I looked to see if anyone was online. My heart leaped. Taeyong was recently on three minutes ago. I went through my house app and swiped.

The house was connected to this private app that was made on my phone so I can control it since it was an automatic house. Nowadays I was too busy to even turn on the water for a bath or decide on outfits, so my home sorts out those things based on the selective options I had arranged. I wasn't trying to brag my wealth amount, it was just the plain fact that I really didn't have enough time, let alone breathe. Thus, the architect I hired back two years ago suggested an automatic manor to adjust my daily plans and balance it all so I could be more relax- if at all.

A mini Taeyong-face blinked on the screen, indicating where his presence was. Taeyong was in one of the dance studios. Probably working on more dance moves on his own for his team. As team leader for NCT 127, he was occasionally staying up late too. I went down and began padding towards the second level. When I began approaching the room, vibrations could be felt from the floorboards and I shivered unknowingly. It was hip-hop music.

I entered soundly. "Hey," I shouted.

Taeyong turned in surprise and then fished out a remote to silence the stereos. "Woah. Uh, hey. An all-nighter tonight again or...?"

A mask covered his nose and mouth and he pulled it underneath his chin and ruffled his damp but still fluffy hair.

"Wasn't planning to. But I couldn't sleep."

"Hah... I see," he breathed heavily, tired from the dance workout. Sweat lined his face and clean-cut jawline. Strands of dark, brown hair were matted and silky on his forehead. I shivered at the thought of wanting to touch him then. Of wanting the touch of him.

I cursed my raging hormones. It was agonizingly frustrating.

I strode across the room to a nearby table where an open book lay. I flipped through the pages to see the latest dance moves he has created and sketched. "Wow... these are cool."

"Nah... it's just some uninspired moves. That's why I need to get myself inspired and create better ones."

"Modest as always," I nudged him and he grinned.

"Gotta surpass my hyungs. Build and improve my team you know." He sat down and gulped several mouthfuls of water from a bottle. "Hah... Hey, I saw you two. What was that all about?"

I glanced at him. "I don't understand. Saw what exactly?"

"Jungkook and you in the corridor." He winked knowingly, which caused my lungs to squeeze. "What are you not telling me, (y/n)?" He teased playfully.

"Err... nothing...?" He gave me a 'do-not-lie-to-me-look'. "Really, it wasn't!" I protested and paced around the room. "Hey honestly, Jungkook has been acting a bit funny the past few days. And I feel like I know why, but yet I don't want to, you know?"

"Lol, but why?" He grinned lazily and finger-gunned me. "He's cute. I totally ship you guys."

I halted and swallowed inwardly. It hurt but I strived to ignore the tightened feeling. It was already torture knowing that Taeyong had no feelings whatsoever towards me and that it was only one sided. But it was agony hearing that he shipped me with someone else, without a worry or upset in the slightest.

"Hey what's wrong? Are you really that agitated that Jung might like you in that way?" he was suddenly behind and tried to face me so he could check and observe my expression.

"No, it's... I don't know. I mean, it's uncomfortable," I struggled with my use of words carefully.

"Why though? Is it because there might be someone else?"

I turned around then. But not at him, at the mirror. I wasn't ready to stare head on into that intense pair of eyes which searched my soul like some attractive demon diving into a bloody meal.

I took a deep and shaky breath, willing it to be discreet so he wouldn't notice the nervous tension. "Maybe. I mean I don't know! I don't know... Not sure basically," I rubbed my palms together harshly. "My emotions are currently mixed up now, Tae."

His reflection nodded understandingly. "It's okay, take your time. Hopefully, this guy will accept you and Jungkook would also accept that." Silence fell, then, "Am I allowed to know who this person is, (y/n)?" he whispered hesitantly. "You can trust me."

I tensed and buried my hands into my night sweater pockets. "No," I replied shortly.

"Oh. Okay," his face betraying nothing. But his voice did which sounded sad and surprised.

I kept my calm, turned and stepped closer towards him. "I have to sleep now."

"Wanna sleep here?"

A second passed before I processed what he had just said. "Wait, what?"

Taeyong smiled wanly. "I brought a bunch of sleeping gear a few days ago and stored it into the closet here because I have been staying up late nowadays. So lately my bed has been feeling lonely." He laughed for a bit. "It's cold and the duvet is really warm. Besides, I myself feel lonely." He seemed persistent and persuasive. "We can do mini camping."

"Oh," was all I could think of in response.

"Get it, 'lately'?" he joked.

I pushed him. "If it weren't for your good English, I would have pushed you harder," and we both laughed and began shoving each other continuously. An unofficial wrestling match started. He ended up falling flat on the ground laughing and I beamed with my unspoken victory.

"So...? Come on, Y/N. It's so lonely." He pressed a button on the small remote he kept and a closet door revealed its contents. He grabbed an armful of pillows and threw it to the middle then pulled out three huge blankets. Taeyong smoothed out the sheets, arranged the pillows and snuggled in. He patted the empty space beside him. "Stay."

Without answering him, I crawled underneath and sighed. He dimmed the lights and imitated my sigh. Nudges began again.

"Oh my god, Tae, what do you want," I giggled as he started to tickle me.

"I want you," and then he laughed as I slapped him lightly as payback. My heart stopped.

I felt my hand drop onto his left cheek. "What??"

"I want you to stop hurting your exhausted body, (y/n)! Promise me you'll try to sleep early, as much as you can."

"Oh." My mind had nearly grounded itself at a different thought. Subconsciously, my hand went into the act of playing with his rural dark hair. "So soft..."

"Err... (y/n)?" he chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh... Oh, shoot!" I pulled my hand away hurriedly. "S-sorry. I didn't mean to! I just- I mean your hair is really soft and my fingers just automatically-"

"Lol, it's finee, (y/n)." He yawned and smiled. His left hand reached out and d my head. His eyes widened. "Woah! Your hair's amazingly soft too!" he d some more in wonder and amazement.

I laughed softly. "Idiot."

"굿나잇 (gusnais: goodnight), (y/n)." He pulled off his black mask and set it aside.

"Night..." I whispered.

He turned over and his rumpled clothes on his back were all I could see of him. I took it as a sign of mutual respect. He didn't want me to think that this was something romantic.

Twenty minutes or so passed, and I tossed and turned, restless. I somehow couldn't get some shut eye. A mumble sounded from Taeyong and I froze as to not wake him. But he turned around and slipped his hands around my waist. He cuddled me in as if I was some sort of stuffed toy. It was like musical statues but I was the only player. I begged my body not to give a sudden spasm of anxiety. After five minutes at the most, I relaxed and felt him breathe in and out, his chest moving evenly against my back. I struggled to get out of his clutches but he pulled me in harder which made me squeak in an ungodly way. I yawned and thought better of it.

'He's warm... warmer than the duvet.' I held my hands up to my face and felt it heat up in embarrassment. I lowered my arms and put them onto his locked ones. Thus, my eyelids lowered and I felt the sleep finally envelop me into a tangle of delightful, sweet dreams. Dreams where Taeyong at long last, understood.