Status

The Real Me

Ji Wook didn't really know when exactly, but his insomnia was starting to get better. He actually thought having another presence in his house was going to make it worse but it proved to be the exact opposite.

 

"oh you're making tea, please make me one too Prosecutor No." Bong Hee drags a seat backwards to sit in the table and wait for her tea.

 

He ignores the commanding tone in her voice and gets another mug. "I'm making the insomnia tea though?"

 

"Really?" she perks up at the info. "I'll have a taste too!"

 

He smirks and obliged.

 

Bong Hee had actually bought him tea that might help with his insomnia the day after she moved in. She easily noticed that he was an insomniac and mentioned something about him looking good for someone who doesn't sleep much.

 

He didn't really use it at first but found himself sneaking at night and making himself a cup when she was in her room. He nearly choked and threw the tea in the sink when he tasted how utterly bitter it was, thinking that she must've given it to him as a jest and thought, with relief, that he didn't let her see his expression or else she would've laughed herself until the next planet.

 

Strangely enough, he was addicted to the taste even though it made him cringe everytime he took a sip and it seemed to be working when he fell asleep easily that night. So he kept on drinking it in secret and she never bothered to ask if he used the tea she gave him at all.

 

He didn't expect he'd use it all up in just mere two weeks and found himself buying the same brand again from the supermarket; it had become a staple on the kitchen counter now.

 

"I'm glad you use the tea i gave you." Bong Hee receives her mug from him and grins widely.

 

She was so clueless. He had been using it for months.

 

"I'm sure you'll like it too." He sat down in his usual position across her and set down his tea, looking at her expectantly. He couldn't help but smile as he excitedly waits for her reaction.

 

She took his smile as encouragement and sipped a lot, suddenly coughing and choking as the strong bitter taste filled . "Omo!!"

 

Ji Wook laughed wholeheartedly, pointing at her face as he cackled. The sound was good music to her ears.

 

"Is this tea really bitter?!?" she asked in disbelief. It was so bitter that it could rotten her tongue in an instant!

 

So she really didn't know and bought it innocently for him. The fact made him happy.

 

"Yes." his smile vanished and he turned to her all serious. "I drank it everyday since you gave it to me."

 

"I'm sorry Prosecutor No." she slouched in her seat and crossed her arms. "Who knew it would be so bitter like this."

 

He took a sip of his own and cringed. "Ah...I drink it everyday but it's still so bitter."

 

Her giggle made him smile and they spent the time conversing again. He always liked dinner time and after that. Especially since she was in another office in the morning and only spent longer times with him in the evenings. He found himself looking forward to actually going home early; excusing to Mr. Bang that he had to cook earlier or else a hungry puppy will end up getting grumpy when she gets home without food. Mr. Bang had ended up questioning him. "You have a puppy?"

 

Bong Hee was a nice companion. He liked how enthusiastic she was with everything, he liked having her around with him when he does groceries, when they clean up the house, when they eat together or when they simply sit together in silence.

 

He just likes having her around.

 

The realization made him stare at her in wonder. When did she start becoming a constant in his life? He knew he wasn't really listening to her chatter about this annoying female prosecutor but instead, he was observing even the slightest movement that she made.

 

How her eyebrows raised as she talked, how her hands were all over the air, trying to emphasize her point; how her hair splayed all over her shoulders, how her eyes turned into half moons whenever she smiled.

 

He didn't know when he turned into a position where he leaned on his arm on the table, as if he was a kid listening in adoration to his teacher who was talking about a fairytale.

 

"Prosecutor No?"

 

He quickly straightened up and cleared his throat. "Sorry, i was getting sleepy. Must be the tea."

 

Bong Hee stood up in response."You should sleep. It's getting late after all."

 

He mirrored her and stood up,taking his mug with him as well. Just when they stepped forward, they bumped into each other as they went towards the opposite direction, their mugs clinked at the contact. "Sorry!"

 

A long silence followed. His eyes unconsciously focused on her lips as his breath quickened, wondering if they were still as soft as he remembers it to be. The air was filled with hot tension and he could feel that she was nervous too, seeing how her chest was rising and falling rapidly as if it was hard for her to breath. She stood in place, their heat radiating in the close proximity and he sees her swallowing, with her lips parted slightly in silent anticipation of what was to come.

 

He didn't know why, he wasn't sure what he was thinking, but he found himself leaning towards her, his lips making contact with hers. It happened months ago, but the softness was still familiar to him, making him remember the memories of that night. He pulled away and waits as she slowly opened her eyes. Something in the way she looked at him longingly stirred up his feelings and suddenly, he was craving for more. He set his mug in the table and grabbed hers as well, the porcelain clicking as it made contact on the table surface.

 

He gently places his hand on her neck, drawing her closer to him as he held her in the waist with the other. She closes her eyes and meets him with the same fervor, settling her hands on his broad chest as their lips and tongue played a neverending dance. He was so lost in her, that sweet scent that he distinctly remembers that first night was filling his nose with delight. He wanted her closer...deeper....more....

 

When their lips finally parted after what seems like hours, they were both breathing hard. He could feel her trembling fingers that were now wounded around his shoulders as his warm palms held her at her waist firmly. He opened his eyes before she did, her now droopy eyelids an indication to her swept up state. They hadn't noticed that he actually pushed her towards the wall near her room during their moment. She avoided his eyes in embarassment, bit her swollen lip and entered her room after she untangled herself from him, leaving him in a spaced-out state. They were both rendered speechless at what just happened between them.

 

He wets his lips, takes a deep breath and scratches the back of his head.

 

Ahh, he likes having the girl too much.

 

.

 

Bong Hee thought she was gonna die. What just happened? Did they really just kiss?!

 

She feels her lips with her fingers and held back a squeal. She was so happy and yet she was also confused. What did that mean? Did he also feel the same towards her? What's their status now?

 

She shakes her head and the moment a while ago replayed in her mind over and over. Grabbing her stuff toy, she covers her face as she muffled a squeal.

 

She hopes there will be more to come.

 

And more it did.

 

It was very awkward at first, but Ji Wook approached her like normal. Acting as if it was the most normal thing in the world to kiss your housemate.

 

There was a slight difference though but Bong Hee noticed it like it was climate change. Ji Wook was sweeter now, he would cook her favorite dishes whenever she comes home, accompanying her more often during breaks, holding her hand out of nowhere while they watched a movie at the living room, even winning her another stuff toy that seemed to match her own.

 

She was beyond ecstatic. She was in love.

 

But why wasn't he saying anything? She never heard him say he likes her or if he wanted to be in a relationship. He was just.......there, acting like her boyfriend when in fact, he was not.

 

She wanted so bad to just ask him directly as to what is their abnormal relationship but she was scared out of her wits that she might pop their happy bubble.

 

Was he waiting for the right time? Did he want her to be the one to confess first? The thought made her blush in embarassment. Yep, he must be waiting for the right time. That must be it.

 

In the meantime, she enjoyed what was between them right now and she decided to wait for him.
He'll come around sooner or later, it was just a matter of time.

 

She steps out of her room and sees him coming from upstairs at the same time.

 

"Goodmorning." she greets him and he smiles at her, giving her a quick peck in the forehead as they made their way outside to the car.

 

When he opened the door gate, he suddenly stops and she bumps into his back.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

She peeks through his shoulder and sees a very pretty and petite girl standing in front, smiling solemnly at Ji Wook.

 

"Annyeong, Je-Ha." her sweet voice matched her appearance and Bong Hee almost admired her beauty if she wasn't so confused with her words. Je Ha? Who?

 

Bong Hee stood beside Ji Wook and nudges him when he seemed petrified.

 

His eyes finally seemed to move when he blinked and there was a crack somewhere in his voice when he whispered her name.

 

"Anna."