10 .

Monsta High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, I wake up lying on the bed. I take my time waking up by staring at the fan on the ceiling. There is no other thought in my head except for Kihyun. I turn to the empty space on my right side and run my hand on the soft blanket.
 

“I thought you won’t wake up any sooner”

His voice could be heard and I quickly turn to the door. He is leaning on the door frame with his hands holding onto two cups of warm drinks. “Hey” I said as I tap the empty space next to me, asking him to come over. He sit at the empty space and handed to me the drinks. I gladly take it and have a sip, as my throat feels so dry right after waking up. “It feels like I am the patient now” I giggled by myself. “I guess you feels better now that you can lift me to the bed”
 

“It wasn’t me” He said as he stared at me, “Wonho was here early in the morning before he went to school”
 

Oh god, I almost forgot about him. “You looks tired, so I ask him to let you sleep on the bed.. since I feel all better this morning” He said. Kihyun looks so much better now. His pale face is now gone, replaced with the Kihyun that I used to know. “How long are you going to stay here ?” I ask and he shrugged his shoulders.
 

“The nurse said I could leave anytime and I have been waiting for you to wake up”
 

I suddenly laugh toward his statement, “You should have wake me up, Kihyun. I could have get more sleep at home”
 

“How could I do that..” He said. I just realized his voice sounds softer than usual. Weirdly softer than ever. The smile on my face suddenly faded, “Is there.. anything wrong ?”
 

He shook his head as he look down on his drink, “Nothing. Its just.. I have been thinking about last night” He look up to me and I leaned to the back, “That wasn’t a dream, right ?”
 

My breath hitched for a second. My lungs almost stop working when he ask that question. “I..” I want to said that none of them was a dream- but everything stuck in my throat. “-.. Kihyun- can I ask a question ?”
 

“Sure”
 

“There is a moment when.. when your mother told me a secret of yours” I said and he raised his eyebrows, “What secret ? I didn’t hide anything from you though ?”, He said, unsure and I cant help but to smile toward that small act of him.
 

“There is-- and that secret is about your feelings toward me”, He blinked his eyes a few times with his mouth gaped a bit open. I laugh and put the drink on the table, “Kihyun-ah.. I can’t do this anymore- you know ?” I said and he frowned, probably confused with whatever I am trying to say.
 

“Its weird.. but the days I faced without you was suffocating. It’s like I am trapped somewhere in between this life. So I wish I can go back like how it used to be.. how we used to be together with no one in between us”
 

“Yubi” He said my name and I raised my eyebrows, “Are you.. trying to confess to me ?” He ask and I laugh again. “You’re so clueless, Kihyun”
 

“Wait but- did my mum really tell you about- about my-. . .feelings ?” He ask and I just nod, “It was true.. right ?” I said, hoping everything about it is right, “...Ofcourse, can’t you tell ?” He said, hesitated for a bit. “Its been so long that I forgot since when”, He smiles awkwardly, making me a bit taken aback by his words.

 

It must been so long.. how could I not realised all that before ?

 

“So are you saying you are going to leave him ?”,I look down and nod, feeling guilty all of a sudden. “For me ?” He ask again. I sighed and make a worried face,“That’s wrong.. isn’t it ?” I said.
 

“It’s even more wrong if you lie to yourself, bee. I am sure he could understands you if he really care”
 

“But Kihyun..” My eyes suddenly trembled, “What if I don’t wanna leave him just yet ?” I said, looking down at the warm cup. He take that away from my hand and put it on the table. “Hey..”, He said, half whispering, “Just follow whatever your heart is saying, okay ?”, He put his hands on mine and held it tight.
 

“Whatever your decision is, I will always stay right there next to you. I won’t go anywhere. I promise”
 

“I know-- I’m sorry, I’m a bit emotional since you scared me last night”, I said, just to feel his hands gently wrapped around me as he pull me into a comforting hug. It feels so much like home. Everything that I need.
 

“I won’t make you worry ever again”, He break the hug and cupped my face, “Thank you for saving me”, Kihyun smiles and makes everything feel a lot more better. “Can you do that again ?” I ask and he raised his eyebrows in questions. I just jump on him and hug him tight. “Don’t fall sick ever again, please”, I said and he just nod. I can’t see it but I just knew he is smiling wide-- just like how I am smiling right now.

 

I miss him so much. I miss my bestfriend. I miss Kihyun.

 

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

“Yubi”

 

I turned to the voice and smiles as I see my boyfriend running over to my desk. “Wonho, here” I handed to him, his handkerchief which he lend me the other day. He take it and wipe his sweaty forehead, “Haa, its tiring” He sighed as the PE class just ended. I just stared at him as he sit infront of me.
 

“Wonho-ya, do you know what day its going to be this weekend ?”
 

“This weekend ? What date is it ?”
 

“The 13th”, I said and he smirked, “Our two months”
 

Right, I was so head over heels with you for more than two years.. but why do I only realised my true feelings after two months being with you ?
 

“Let’s go for a short travel” He suddenly said and I was taken aback. “Travel.. ?” I mumbled as he held my hand and come closer, “We haven’t had the chance to go for a trip, don’t we? You used to told me you want to visit my grandma’s place”
 

“Ahh”, I smiles at the mention of his grandma’s home. I used to go back and forth to my grandparents home before they passed away, so I was so happy to know that his grandmother’s home sounds just like my grandparent’s.
 

“Sure, lets leave this place and have fun at that place tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter