ㅡ03

Uncertainty

 

 

 

💕💕💕

 


Jangjun has the brightest smile he could ever had in his entire life today. He went to Jihyun's locker and put the bread and milk he used to give her other than a bar of chocolate as an addition for today. He also put a sticky note saying, 'Today too fighting!' and stick it onto her notebook. He closed the locker and startled when he saw Sungyoon was right there behind the locker.

"Yah, Choi Sungyoon," He hits the boy who was infront of him right now, "Don't you know that I have a weak heart?"

Sungyoon giggled looking at his friend's reaction, "Why do you look so happy today?" He asked. It's weird to see his friend smiling after having those bad days before. There must be something happened yesterday. He thought.

Jangjun passed a suspicious smile to Sungyoon before making his way to the class. Sungyoon who was being left hanging behind, frowned his face. It took a while for him to realize that Jangjun actually left him behind and went by himself, "Yah, Jangjun. You can't do this to me," He shouted while trying to chase Jangjun who was at least 25 metres away from him.


💕💕💕


Jangjun was looking around the class as he couldn't see Jihyun anywhere. He sighed. He started to feel anxious after what had happened yesterday. He felt something was wrong with the girl but he never have that courage to ask her about it as he was afraid that it will make the girl feels uncomfortable. And now he's regretting his decision.

"What are you looking for?" Sungyoon tapped his friend's shoulders when he saw he wasn't focus with his class.

"Uh," He couldn't answer the question as there's a lot on his mind right now. He just couldn't think straight at the moment. He felt like there's something going on with the girl. And he really needs to find for her now.

As soon as the professor left the class, Jangjun put all of his books in his bag and sprinted out from the class. Sungyoon who felt something is wrong with his friend, quickly gather his stuff and followed him from behind. He was too immersed following Jangjun that he didn't realize that he's literally infront of a hospital right now. Why would Jangjun ever go to hospital? Is he probably sick? He thought. The thought of Jangjun might sick scared him out. He is sure he didn't want to lose another friend. 'Another.' Yes, another.

Sungyoon never had a chance to approach Jangjun as he walked too fast or to be exact he's running on his way there when obviously he owns a car. That's why Sungyoon felt weird as Jangjun could just ride his car but instead he ran like he's about to lost his life. Sungyoon was panting so bad at the back but that's not going to stop him from keep following the boy.

Jangjun entered Jaehyun's room but there's no one in there. All of the bed is basically empty and there's only a nurse who was tidying up Jaehyun's bed. He approached the nurse and asked her, "Where did this patient go?"

"Ah, he has an operation today." The nurse answered and excuse herself from there as soon as she was done with her works.

"Operation?" He mumbled alone. What kind of operation does a coma boy needed? He scratched his head and took a sit on the bed. He was spacing out for few minutes and Sungyoon gave up waiting for the boy at the door, so he ends up open the door and could see Jangjun was sitting alone in the room.

"Jangjun?" He called for his name, "What are you doing here, alone?" He asked.

He lifted up his head and looked at Sungyoon with no feelings. He didn't really know what is happening right now so he couldn't give any reaction when he saw Sungyoon. He passed a smile to Sungyoon before lowered his head again. All he had in his thought is where the hell is Bong Jaehyun and his sister? Is this the reason why she asked me for a date yesterday? He tried to connect all of the puzzle he had in his mind but it doesn't make any sense at all.

"Are you perhaps Jangjun?" Both of Jangjun and Sungyoon turned their attention to the voice calling for Jangjun's name. Jangjun quickly stand up and nodded his head towards the nurse, "Someone asked me to pass this to you," The nurse handed out a letter to Jangjun.

Jangjun take it and bow to the nurse as his gratitude, "Thank you," He said. Without his knowing, Sungyoon also did what he did even if he has no idea on what's actually happening right here. Jangjun sighed and stared at the letter for quite a while. He wasn't sure whether he should read or not. He is contemplating with his own decision right now.

"Aren't you going to read that?" Sungyoon asked. Jangjun who has no decision at that moment passed the letter to Sungyoon as if he's asking him to read it first before he did it. Sungyoon took it and open the letter. He gulped as soon as he saw the content of the letter. He really feel like he wasn't supposed to read it. It wasn't mean for him. Obviously it's for Jangjun. But can Jangjun actually handle the reality after he read this letter?

"Jangjun, I think you should really read this letter by yourself," He said and put the letter in Jangjun's right hand. Without he realized, his tears actually came out when he read the letter. He quickly wipe it out so that Jangjun wouldn't see him crying.

Jangjun holds the letter for quite a long time before decided to read it. And he actually chokes within 5 seconds into the letter. Sungyoon who saw his friend started to form a river flowing on his cheeks, quickly sit and put his arms around Jangjun.

"She couldn't do this to me," He shook his head for few times and sobbing, "Sungyoon, I love her." Even he knows there's nothing he could do at the moment but it's probably the biggest regret he ever had in his life, for not telling the girl that he truly loves her.

"I know," Sungyoon tried to calm his friend down, "But it's her own decision."

Jangjun stared back at the letter, in hope that the letter wasn't actually real and he's only hallucinating right now.


 



Hi Jangjun :)

It's me, Bong Jihyun.

We haven't even texted each other before but here I am writing a letter for you. Just do know it's hella awkward when I was writing this letter. I'm sorry for not telling you about this earlier. I know my decision by doing this would hurt you so bad. You must think I've been playing with your heart all this time but no. I've been liking you from the start. I just don't have any courage to told you so because I thought having you in my life would probably make my life even harder but I guess I was wrong, huh? One date with you and it's totally the best day I ever had after the tragedy.

I know you're following me all along and I was actually glad that it's you who followed me instead of someone else. I really want to thank you for always being there for me even if I always pushed you away. And it's a bless for me when you actually knows about Jaehyun. At least, it won't be so hard for me to make a decision when I know someone could take care of Jaehyun after I was gone.

I know this news would break your heart so bad but do know I did this only for my little brother. To let him to have a better life than I had. Doctor said he could survive if someone donate heart to him so I decided to give mine since I don't need it anyway. I have always thought of killing myself after my parents died but I guess this is the best way to die, huh?

Please take care of my little brother. He won't be a burden to you, I promise. He could be annoying sometimes but he's nice.

I just hope you won't let your tears coming out because of me. I swear to God I don't deserve your tears, Jangjun. You deserve someone better. Someone better than me. Please, I'm begging. Don't cry just because I was gone from your life. I might not be there by your side but I will always stay in your heart. You know that right? I never said this before but I love you, Jangjun. I really do. I am really sorry that I took a long time to say this and haven't had any chance to say it by myself. I'm sorry.

Jangjun, you're the best thing ever happened in your life. When I said you're going to be the biggest mistake I ever had. I lied. I lied to you so that I can make you give up on me. But I guess it doesn't really work when I was the one who was longing for you at the end. 

Lee Jangjun, thank you for everything. Please take care of yourself well. Eat a lot. Keep smiling and make someone else happy. Do know I'll always look after you from heaven. 

I love you my sweetie lil dimple boy.



 

 

"She's gone." He said the words he didn't want to say. "She left me forever." He was sobbing so hard at the moment. There's no possible way to stop his tears now.

"Stay strong. I know you're strong." Sungyoon tried to give some moral support to his bestfriend.

"I lost my first love. Forever." He thought he would never say that but he did it. He said it.

Jihyun is gone. But she's gone for good and Jangjun wasn't there to stop her.

And that's the end of his love story with Jihyun. He thought it will be full with roses but he didn't know that it will stop only at the thorn of the flowers.

 

💕💕💕


[Epilogue]


It has been a week since Jihyun is gone and there's none of the day that Jangjun didn't come to visit Jaehyun. He never failed to come and visit him every single day. And sometimes, Sungyoon would tag along.

He was staring at Jaehyun and he could see Jihyun in him. Well, they're siblings anyway so obviously they have some similarities. Jangjun was about to leave to take a drink before he heard some noise coming out from his back.

"Uh," Jaehyun groaned as he holds his head.

"Jaehyun, you're awake," Jangjun was freaking out seeing the boy finally waking up after 3 months and more laying on bed. He finally understand how frustrated Jihyun was when waiting for her little brother to open his eyes.

"You," Jaehyun smiled at the upon of Jangjun's face, "You're Jangjun right?" He asked.

"How---," He stuttered when the boy knows him, "How did you know?"

"How can I not know you when you're the only who has been on my sister's mind every single day? She talks about you a lot, even in my dreams, she was talking about you. It's always you, Jangjun. She is really in love with you," He giggled despite the fact he just woke up from a long coma, "Where is she by the way?"

"Uh," Jangjun refused to answer the question and avoid the gaze that was given by the boy, "I need to go, I have class." He grabbed his bag and left the scene.

How can I ever tell him that his sister is gone, forever?

 

💕💕💕