γ…‘02

Uncertainty

Β 

Β 

Β 

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Β 

Β 

She walked to her locker with a mixed feelings. She knows there won't be anything in her locker today after what she had done to the boy. Still, she was hoping for a miracle? She opened her locker and yes, as expected there's nothing in her locker. She supposed to feel happy that she managed to make the boy gives up on her but her heart aches to know that she lost the only one who actually cares about her?

Jihyun closed her locker then walked to her class. She entered the class with all the eyes on her, it's not even rare for her but today it feels incomplete? Yes, Jangjun who was always be the first that would look at her, isn't even take a glance towards her right now. She really hurts the boy's feelings. Wow. She did it. Jihyun did that.

She took a sit at her usual place and people started to frown since she's not going to Jangjun's place like she usually did. Is she starting to date Jangjun? Is she having a fight with Jangjun? Is she decided to ignore Jangjun from now on? That's what has been said by her classmates for the whole day. Sometimes she would actually take a glance towards the boy who was sitting not too far from her but he's too focus doing something that she didn't realize the girl was looking at him.

Jangjun sighed. Sungyoon who was sitting beside him frowned when he heard that, "Are you okay, Jangjun?" Sungyoon concernedly asking as Jangjun isn't someone who will sigh even if he has problem. He would stay cool most of the times.

Jangjun then looked at his bestfriend and smiled, I wish I was okay. He let the words lingered on his mind only and slowly nodded his head, "Nothing to worry about," He focused back on his notebook that was on the table with some scribble on it; probably his real feeling at the moment.

The class ended even before they realized. Sungyoon tapped the boy's shoulders when he saw his friend was spacing out throughout the class, "Hey, aren't you going after her?" Sungyoon pointed out to Jihyun who was walking out from the class now. Jangjun looked at her with a sigh. "So that's why you look so off today, let's go and grab a lunch then you need to tell me about it." Β Sungyoon grabbed his hand and forced him to walk.

The bestfriends walked beside Jihyun without even taking a glance at her. Jihyun looked at Jangjun who was walking away from her. She sighed. You want it, Bong Jihyun. What else do you expect from him? Still not giving up on you? Wow. You're really the most selfish human could ever exist in the world.

Suddenly she got a call for someone, "Hello?" She answered it. "Uh, okay. I'll be there," She said and ended the call. She put all the books in her locker and only grab her phone and purse other than her handbag. It's really going to be a hard today.

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


"I have a bad news to tell you." The doctor said. Jihyun listened to the doctor's words with full of attention. Sometimes she would frown and sometimes she would sigh. But the last words from the doctor blown her mind. Wow.Β 


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


"So what's up?" Sungyoon asked as soon as they settled themselves with their lunch. He really could tell that his friend having a life crisis now. It's not hard to actually know when Jangjun had a problem. It's just so obvious.

Jangjun sighed, "Can you stop sighing and tell me what's wrong with you?" Sungyoon rolled her eyes when Jangjun kept sighing.

"Jihyun," He paused and sighed again, "She asked me to stop liking her."Β 

Sungyoon's eyes widened, "Wh--What?" He stuttered, "But how? I mean why?"

"I don't know either. She said," At that moment he knows he shouldn't continue his words anymore, it will only make the scars in his heart bigger and it really hurts him, "Nevermind." He took a sip of the apple juice on the table.

"Are you going to give up on her? You've been liking her since high school though," Sungyoon stopped, trying to find the meaning behind of Jangjun's expression, "You reject everyone because of her. Remember?"

Jangjun smiled at the thought of her. Will he really move on? Will he really forget about her? Will he really ever get over his feelings towards her? Or will he keep trying and trying till the girl accept his love? He looked at Sungyoon and shrugged. He didn't know how his feelings work for now.


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


Every day passed like a dream to both Jihyun and Jangjun. They have been ignoring for each other for 3 days; to be exact Jangjun didn't left any bread or milk in her locker for 3 days. And every single day, Jihyun sighed when she looked at her locker. She didn't know why the hell she hopeΒ that the boy will still put those things in her locker after what she said to him.

"It's for the best anyway," She said and take her leave to her part-time job at restaurant. She has been at it for days. Her seniors at work has been picking her up so bad lately. She needs to do almost all of the works exist in the store when all she needs to do is taking the order and delivering it. But then she could do nothing about it or she will lost her job.Β 


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


"What the hell are you doing?" The girl shouted right in her face. "Don't you know that this is so important for me?" She shove the petty sunglasses towards Jihyun.Β 

"But I--," She stuttered, because she knows whatever reasons she's going to give, the blame will still be on her, "I swear to God, that's not me."

"Huh," The girl smirked, "If it's not you, then who the hell break this?" She pushed the girl causing her to fall. A scratch on her left elbow could be seen when she hits the table behind her.

"You're not going to believe me, right? No matter what I say, you're just going to blame me right? Even if I don't ing care about your stupid sunglasses. I don't even give a about all of you here. That's enough. I think I got enough from you. I'm quitting." She took her bag and sprinted out from the restaurant.

Her life is actually over. Well, it's a good thing that she's quit. She needs to quit her job anyways. She walked with nowhere to go. That's when she reached somewhere she always went with her brother, "It still looks the same," She muttered under her breath. The memories with her little brother lingered around her mind which causing her to burst into tears. She ended up being on the ground while grabbing both of her knees and sobbing so hard. She knows there's nothing she could do now. She just needs to choose between two choices but she has no idea which would be a better one.

"Jihyun?" Someone called her name when she was sobbing so hard in the middle of the playground where the human existence almost none at the moment. She lifted her head up and could see someone was actually standing infront of her. She wiped her tears; she could actually guess who was infront of her but she didn't want to put any hope on it.

The boy slowly bend his knees to be on the same level as the girl. He grabbed the girl's shoulders and helped her to stand up. Jihyun had her head low; looking at the ground. She has zero guts to look at the boy right now.Β 

"Jihyun," He called her name again. The way he called her name, brought a lot of butterfly in her stomach. She slowly put her head on the guy's chest; hope that it could calm her down a little bit.

Jangjun stunned when the girl suddenly put her head on his chest but let it anyway. They stayed in that position for at least 5 minutes. There has been time where Jangjun wants to put the girl into his embrace but he's no courage to do so as he's afraid that it will just drifted them away.Β 

Finally, he got the courage to put the girl into his embrace but the girl quickly took a step back when he's about to put his hand onto her back. Again, he went speechless. He just couldn't understand the girl. She's just ing complicated.Β 

"I'm sorry," She said and leave the boy behind. She still didn't believe herself that she was actually haven't take a look at Jangjun's face; not even once. She felt stupid right now. Why the hell she put her head on his chest just now? Great, Bong Jihyun. Great.Β 

Jangjun stood there for few minutes while looking at Jihyun who was walking away from him. He smiled. At least, she opened her heart a little bit for him. At least he knows that he still got chances to be with the girl.Β 


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


"So what's your decision? We didn't have much time," She sighed at the upon of doctor's words. She knows at the end she needs to make a decision.

"I---,"


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Β 

"Jangjun, where are you? If you don't mind, I want to see you," She called him, more like asking for a date.

Jangjun quickly agree with it and told her to wait for him.Β 

Jihyun decided to wear a pastel purple dress that she never wore before and put on choker on her neck to add some accessories. Then, she put on a black wedges to complete her outfit today. She looks over herself in the mirror, I could at least look pretty today.


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


Jangjun was waiting for Jihyun infront of her house right now. Her house looks ordinary just like any other house. So he didn't get it why she must live her way like that. Jangjun decided to wear a plain white shirt with black pants. He had his hair up to show his good-looking face. Well, he couldn't deny that he actually really looks handsome. But of course, Sungyoon is way more handsome than he is.Β 

He saw someone was standing infront of the house; locking the door before turned her attention towards the car. "Wow, she really looks pretty," Jangjun mumbled alone in the car. He make his way out from the car to greet the girl. He passed a smile to girl and his eyes obviously couldn't take off from the girl. His eyes followed her trail until she was actually reached the car.Β 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jihyun startled him who was having his mind on how he should spend his time with the girl today. To be honest, he was just really excited to have a day with the girl. Only Jihyun and him. No one else between them. "Aren't we going to go?" Jihyun asked when Jangjun still standing beside his car and looked at her.

"Uh," He stuttered and shook his head for few times, "Uh, sure," He took a sit and started the engine. He cleared his throat before talking to the girl who was sitting beside her, "Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"Um, I really have somewhere I want to go," She excitedly said and passed a really bright smile to Jangjun. That smile. I wish I could see it often. Jangjun thought.


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


Jihyun was looking at the store along the road. She stopped at an accessories vendor. She picked up a cute Hello Kitty character headband and put it on her head, "Do I look cute?" She asked Jangjun who was actually having his eyes on her for a long time. A spark of blush appeared on her cheeks. It's the first time for having someone look at her like that.

"You look cute on anything," Jangjun ruffled the girl's hair while saying that which makes the girl went blush even more. "Do you want it?" Jihyun shook her head and put the headband back to it place before started to walk away from Jangjun.

Jangjun took the headband, "How much?" He asked the seller and the seller showed him the price using his fingers. Jangjun take out his wallet and paid for it. He chased the girl and put the headband on the girl's head as soon as he reached her, "You can have it," He said.

Jihyun startled with his action but nodded her head at the end. She gave a smile to him before focused on the road back. She put on some courage and slowly wrapped her arms around Jangjun's. Jangjun felt awkward with the skinship given by her but he couldn't lie to himself that he might be the happiest human ever exist in the world at the moment. Who knows he could finally own the girl he likes?

"I'm hungry," Jihyun's words make the boy giggled. He ruffled the girl's hair as if he already owns her. When the fact that the girl hasn't even said that she likes him.

"What do you want to eat?" Jangjun asked and the girl shrugged; indicate that she didn't really care what they should take for lunch. "Um, what about there?" Jangjun pointed out to a Korean food restaurant and Jihyun just nodded her head lightly.

They entered the restaurant and took a sit at the corner since Jihyun didn't really like attention from other people. "So, should I just order anything?" Jangjun giggled as he said that. Jihyun simply nodded her head. Jangjun then called for the waiter and showed some food on the menu to the waiter. The waiter jot down the menu before took back the menu list from their table.Β 

The situation went awkward as soon as the waiter excused himself to put their order. Jangjun didn't really know what kind of conversation he should have with the girl since he never had any time to talk with her other than that moment he tried to persuade the girl to go and have a lunch with him. "Uh," Jangjun tried to initiate the conversation but failed.

"So Jangjun," Jihyun started talking, "I just want to say sorry for everything," She sighed, "I know I was being a total jerk before to you but then you never give up." She couldn't take a look at his face.

Jangjun smiled, he feels so happy that the girl finally said something to him, "It's okay," Jangjun assured the girl with his words. To be honest, he could understand why Jihyun did all of that. Well, who the hell could survive with all of those problems around? He might kill himself as well.

"Uh," She lost words. She didn't know that Jangjun will act cool as after what she had done to him. He is really the only one for her but... Okay, let's not think about that and have fun today. It's your very first date with a guy though Bong Jihyun? Just let's stay cool.


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


"Jangjun," Jihyun called the boy beside her with a soft voice. Jangjun raised both of his eyebrows as he looked at her. "Um," She blushed when she saw the boy's eyes were both on her right now.

"You're blushing," He giggled softly, feeling great with the reaction she gave when he looked at her. "Cute," He muttered under his breath.

"Um, can I say something?" Jihyun asked for a permission when obviously she could say whatever she wants when she's with him.Β 

"Yeah, go ahead," Jangjun replied and smiled. When will he ever stop smiling when the girl is around?

"How did you know about my brother?" Her question startled him a little bit. Jangjun who was drinking his coffee chokes upon the question. He put down the coffee that was on his hand and turned her attention towards the girl.

Both of their eyes met each other and it's quiet for a while before Jangjun trying to give an answer to the girl who was waiting for it. When he was about to say his first word, Jihyun suddenly put her lips on his lips without any warn. Jangjun's eyes widened as he didn't expect for that thing to happen. He immediately froze and gulped. He stayed like a mannequin until Jihyun finally broke the kiss first. There's actually a bead of tears in Jihyun's eyes but it couldn't be seen by the boy.

"I'm sorry," Jihyun lowered her head.

"No," He startled, "No, it's okay," He tried to assure the girl by saying it's okay to do that even if he thought it's a little bit too fast when today was actually their first day on date. They're not even declaring their relationship yet.

"Thank you," She said.

"For what?" Jangjun asked. He wanted to look at the girl's face but failed. She hides her face quite well with her long hair.

"For everything. Everything you had done for me. I totally appreciate all of it," She almost chokes into tears for real, "Thank you, Lee Jangjun."

"Yah, Bong Jihyun," He slowly hit Jihyun with his arms, "Why are you like this?"

"Nothing," She wipedΒ her tears that was almost coming out from her eyes and lifted her head up, "Let's go home," She said while forming a really sweet smile for the boy.

"Uh, okay," He awkwardly answered it. As much as he wanted to stay with the girl, he knows she has something on her mind now and she couldn't tell him. All he needs to do now is give the space she needs at the moment.


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


"Thank you for today," Jihyun said when they arrived her home.

"Sure," Jangjun smiled, "We could do it next time too. Well, if you want," He cheekily said as if asking the girl for another date.

"I'm afraid that there will be no next time," She muttered under her breath, alone when suddenly the boy asked what she said just now. She quickly respond it with, "Nothing. I'm going to go now." She opened the car door and get off from the car.

"Bye," He waved his hand to the girl.Β 

Jihyun was waiting outside while looking at the car who was slowly leaving her house, "I'm sorry, Lee Jangjun." She said before making herself into the house.

Β 

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Β 

Β 

Β