ㅡ01

Uncertainty

 

 

 

💕💕💕

 

 

Everything happened with a reason. That's what she thought it would be. But she just couldn't see where she went wrong in her life. Once she has a happy family that everyone going to be envy with. Once she is really a good student at school; she still is now even she's now in college.

Now that she lose everything in her life; including the most important one. She feels empty. She feels like she didn't belong anymore in the world. She feels like she should have just die at the first place. What's the point of surviving if none of them going to be by her side? 

"Why are you laying in bed like this? You should wake up by now," She muttered under her breath, talking to someone that probably couldn't even hear what she said. 

It has been 3 months since the tragedy happened. It has been 3 months since she lost both of her parents in the tragic accident. She didn't even want to remember how it happen as she's the only one who survives in the accident. It's not really that she's the only who survives but there's no point that her little brother to survive if he's going to stay in bed forever. She sighed. He really didn't want to wake up, huh. 

Yes, she knows. She was being a disgraceful brat now but why the hell she needs to handle it alone? Why her?

"Bong Jaehyun, please wake up," She begged, "I really need you."

 

💕💕💕

 

The next day goes like it usually did. She goes to class that she didn't even feel like going. She was originally didn't have any friend and after the tragedy, everyone just didn't want to look at her at all. People keep calling her as someone who has no luck, she was ing selfish that she saves only her life and not others. It wasn't like she has any other choices. She didn't even know what the hell happened on that day. All she knows one day she woke up on a bed and there's no one around her.

No one could ever imagine how she felt when she knows that she has no one left in the world. The only world she has, has been destroyed by a single tragedy. But no one trying to give a about that right? They talked about what they know, they hear things they want to hear. Sigh.

Again, like any other days, someone put a bread and milk in her locker. She looks at the food with no intent to eat it. She knows who put it there. She knows it but she couldn't care less cause if she do, it will bring too much problem in her life. She will never let her guard down so that she will graduate and make a lot of money for herself and Jaehyun. 

She looks around to find for the one who put it but no one is around. She takes the bread and milk before put it in her bag. She walked like she knows where she's going. She entered her class and she could see the one she has been looking for was sitting while talking to his friend. She approached him and put the bread and milk he gave her right on his table. He startled by her action but acted cool anyway. It wasn't like she never did that before. It was just he felt like he should never give up. 

He wants her more than anyone else. He wants her to know that there's no one in the world would love her as much as he loves her. No one could ever handle a cold girl like her. Only him. He didn't know how it started, he just bound to like the girl in some way. Her hard-working side, her cold side, all about her, making he wants to know her better. So that he could actually understand why she was being aware all the time. Even if he knows about her tragic past, but still he felt like there's something he didn't know about the girl and he wished that he could know it. He wants to be the first to know everything about the girl.

"Yah, Jangjun. Why you should even bother giving the girl these kind of things?" His best friend, Sungyoon said then grabbed the milk and drank it. 

"Because it's fun," He smiled while looking at the girl who was sitting not too far from him, "to see her everyday."

 

💕💕💕

 

The class has ended. She could finally  sigh in relief. Now she needs to go to next schedule, part-time job in restaurant. She never knows her life will end up being this messy after losing both of her parents. With her brother laying in bed, sure it costs a lot for the medical bill. Sigh. So, she needs to work her off to pay off all of the bill. She was lucky enough that her parents didn't have any debt or else she might just kill herself to follow her parents. 

She walked to her locker when someone stopped her by calling her name.

"Bong Jihyun!" She rolled her eyes as soon as the guy called her name. When will he ever stop disturbing me? "Jihyun!" He was panting; trying to catch a breath but managed to grab the girl's hand.

Jihyun stunned when the boy grabbed her hand and immediately stopped herself from moving any further. 

"Yes, you're finally going to hear what I am going to say," He let her hand go and stand right infront of the girl.

"Just don't talk to me." She said and continued walking.

Jangjun ignored her words and walked beside her. "Where are you going?" No answer. "Um, aren't you hungry?" No answer. "Let's go for lunch." Still no answer. "Yah, are you going to keep ignoring me?" He sounds mad but then letting out a smile again, "It's okay, you can ignore me all you want, cause I won't give up on you."

She always wondered how can a bright guy like him ever exist in this world? Plus, there's so many girl in this college but why her? What she had done to deserve a special treatment from him? Well, she didn't know if he ever did that to another girl but... sigh. And the fact he never give up on her and keep trying sometimes impressed her. But there's nothing she could do, she couldn't give any false hope to him. If she ever gives him any spark, it will make her life harder as well. It's better for her to do nothing and move on with her own life. Mind her own life.

"Jihyun," He whined, "Just one time." He pouted in hope that the girl will give up but nope. It's far from reality.

"Move." She said after she had done put her stuff in her locker, "I need to go." She said heartlessly to Jangjun who was blocking her way. 

Jangjun sighed; he gives up. But only for today. He cleared the way for the girl and she didn't even try to look at him; not even once she tried to turn her head to him. He always thought about giving up but there's something in the girl that make him likes her so much.

I did well today too.

 

 💕💕💕

 

Working at restaurant sure the worst part-time job you could ever do; especially at the peak hour. Sigh. She's tired; physically and mentally. But there's nothing she could do now. She needs to keep taking order, keep serving, keep cleaning the table and lastly, she needs to close the store. It's not like she's the only worker there and why the hell she needs to do all of that? Obviously because she's a bump at her workplace. 

Today has come to an end. She finally could end everything and only then she realized she still have any part-time job that she needs to go. She took a peek at the watch on her left hand. She still have 3 hours till the next job. She could use it to sleep at least. She packed her thing and quickly make her way out from the restaurant so that she wouldn't need to close the restaurant today. 

But sadly, today is not her lucky day. Will she ever have any lucky day?  "Stop. I need you over here," A senior stopped her from going.

She turned around and passed a smile to her, "But I really need to go." She said.

"It's your daily job, how can you ever thought of skipping it?" The girl rolled her eyes and smirked. It's totally looks like an insult to her but let's cool down. Stay calm.

"But I really---" Someone suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her away from there. She couldn't do anything other than follow the footsteps even if it was a little bit too fast for her.

"When will you ever stand up for yourself?" The guy stopped walking and still have her hand in his.

Jihyun looked at the guy and gulped. Why it's always been him? Why? She snapped her hand and crossed her arms, "Why would you even care?" She paused when she realized something, "Wait, how do you know that I'm working here?" It's weird to see him here at the first place.

"Uh," He stuttered, he couldn't possibly tell the girl that he has been following the girl for the past few days. In other words, Jihyun has been under his observation for few weeks; from where she lives, where she works and even where her brother being treated, he knows almost everything about the girl. He knows. He sounds like a creepy stalker at the moment.

"Don't tell me that you've been following since the start?" She pretends to have a shock when she already knows that someone is following her around lately; it's just she didn't know who it is. So now, she knows who it is, she felt somehow glad that the one has been following her all the time is Jangjun? Oh God, what the is wrong with her? 

"Why--- Why would you think I was following you?" He stuttered as he said that. He tried to avoid the stare given by the girl. He knows she's mad so he didn't dare to do anything and the best thing to do now is stay quite or should he just run away from this situation?

Jihyun smirked as soon as he said that. She took a peek at her watch, , I have only 2 hours and 30 minutes till my next job. Thanks to this super duper crazy guy that I lose my precious time to sleep; even if he kind of save me from those monsters. She looked at the boy for the last time and quickly make her way to the next destination.

Jangjun on the other side, went blank when the girl suddenly walked away from him without saying anything, "Is it so hard to say thank you?" He mumbled, alone.


💕💕💕


Ever wonder why she chose a midnight shift at convenience store? Because she could use the time to study. Usually there isn't so many people, making her to have more free time to do revision. Yeah, her life is but there's nothing she could do other than live her life. All she knows would be study and work. Nothing else. That's why she didn't want to associate with Jangjun. It will only make her weak.

It's true that sometimes she wants someone to be by her side and said that everything going to be okay. There's a moment when she wants to cry and hoping there's someone beside her could hug her and calm her down. But that's beyond her imagination. She knows she would never have those. Not even in her dreams.

Finally, she had done for the day. It's already dawn. She needs to get ready for college. Sigh. When will she ever rest though? She packed her stuff and check her phone. Uh, wait there's tons of missed call from... Hospital? Wait don't tell me that. She quickly changed her uniform to her casual look and ran out of the store. She ran as fast as possible as she wants to get to hospital as soon as she could.

There must be something wrong with Jaehyun. If it wasn't about him, who else right? 

Please, don't let anything happen to him again. As much as I want him to die, I don't want to lose him now. Not now when I'm not ready to face the cruel world alone; I'll never actually. Just please don't hurt him. You could hurt me but not him. I don't mind to see him laying on bed for the rest of his life as long as he will stay beside me. I only have Jaehyun in this world. No one else. Only him. He's the reason why I still stay alive. The only reason why I am still here. Dear God, just help me for this one time.

She was praying so hard for her little brother. She knows she hates him at some point but she didn't want to lose him. Losing him means she lost her entire world. 

She was panting so hard but she kept running. As soon as she reached the hospital, she quickly ran to her brother's room. There's no need to ask the receptionist; it has almost becomes her second home. She opened the door with force and could see someone was actually sitting beside her brother's bed. She looked around to find for a doctor and asked about her brother but there's no one around. Sigh. She approached the guy who was at the bed and tapped his shoulders, "Who are you?"

In the dim light, the guy slowly turned his head to look at the girl; and he smiled at the upon of seeing her face, "Ah you're here?" He said and stood up.

"Jang---- Jangjun?" She stuttered, automatically took a step back as she didn't know how to react or what to say, "But how did you know?" The situation has become more complicated than she ever thought it could be.

"I can explain," He was afraid that Jihyun might misunderstood some things when he tried so hard just to show to the girl that he really could take care of her and wanted her to rely on him All he wanted is for the girl to give some space to him, to prove to her that he could be the best for her. He could be the one she needed the most.

"I don't think I need your explanation." She said and tried to leave the scene. She really thought that Jangjun only followed her around but this is too much though? He actually knows everything about her? Including her little brother? Wow, just wow.

"Wait," Jangjun grabbed her hand; managed to stop her from walking away, "Jihyun, look at me."

Jihyun turned around and gave a cold stare to the guy. I don't like him. I don't have any feelings for him. I don't need him. He is nothing to me. Those words stayed on her mind so that she wouldn't feel too weak with whatever he's going to say. She knows she wasn't too strong but she couldn't look weak; at the very least.

"Jihyun, I like you." He confessed, Jihyun just continuely staring him with blank expression, "I don't care if you don't like me but please don't ever ask me to stop liking you cause I can't. No I won't."

Jihyun feels her heart beats a little bit faster than usual but she managed to keep her poker face. She stared deeply into Jangjun's eyes and yes, she could see that all the things that has been said by him is true but it is still a no from her. She took a deep breath before finally saying what has been on her mind for a while, "Don't like me."

The words coming out from Jihyun's lips totally breaks Jangjun's heart into pieces. He could feel almost nothing now. He feels like he lost his entire world. It totally shattered his heart when knowing that the girl she likes asking him to stop liking her. Did she thinks his heart is a machine that could like and unlike someone whenever it wants? He wished it is but no. He will keep liking the girl and keep trying to own her.

Jihyun sighed, "Please, Jangjun. I couldn't be weak now. If I ever fall now, I will forever be on the ground." She stopped; her next words going to hurt the boy so bad but there's nothing she could do other than saying it out loud, "You're going to be the biggest mistake I ever had in my life." She lowered her face couldn't afford to look at the boy's reaction.

Jangjun smiled. He knows she would say that cause at the end it's only him who loves her. It's only him who appreciates her more than he appreciates his life. He knows he couldn't get the girl's love but it's not wrong to actually try even there's no guarantee that a happy ending would be there at the end of the road. Jangjun then grabbed his bag and walked out from the room.

Jihyun stunned. She didn't know what to do. She broke a heart of a guy who truly loves her. She looked at Jaehyun who was still laying on bed with no intent to wake up soon. She slowly took a step by step and sit beside her brother. She puts his hand into her and bring it to her cheeks, "Jaehyun, how are you today?" She mumbled.

A tears started to come out from her eyes. She didn't cry for a long time and finally the tears she has been keeping all this time slowly coming out from her eyes. There's no way to stop the tears as she holds her tears for so many times till there's no space left for the tears to stay. The tears kept running out her eyes and it's a lie if she said she didn't want someone to be by her side right now and saying that everything's going to be okay. How she wished that her parents still here with them? How she wished that her life still like before; nothing changed? But... it's beyond her imagination.

"Jaehyun," She was sobbing, "I don't know that it could be this hurt. I don't know what's wrong with myself. Jaehyun-ah, please wake up and tell me that everything's going to be fine. Please wake up and tell me that it's only a dream; a bad dream that I would never had."

At the end, I need to admit that I love him. I love how Jangjun always try to be by my side. I love how Jangjun always there when I need him. He has been in her mind all the time. But there's no way for her to admit it. All she needs to do is deny and keep denying cause there's almost none of possibility, she could be with him. Not in real life or even in her dreams.


💕💕💕


It's about the time for her to go to the class. She sighed. She really didn't want to go anywhere today. Seriously. Especially when knowing that her first class will be with Jangjun. After what she did to Jangjun, she didn't know how she should confront him. 

"Jaehyun, wish me luck for today," She holds her brother's hand tightly and put a kiss on his cheek, "I really love you, Jaehyun. I really do." She might be delulu now but she feels like Jaehyun is smiling at her. Her lips formed a slight smile before taking her leave from there.

 


💕💕💕