-2-

On A Lazy Saturday Afternoon

Yuri spent the rest of her day wandering around Insa-dong, where her best friend, Jimin, told her he will meet her there after his routine finished. She couldn't even say no to this sweet, kind guy who always exudes positive and bright aura with his eye smile. Everyone, including Yuri herself some times just didn't understand why Yuri and Jimin couldn't be together as a couple. She just didn't feel it, she said long time ago. And so did Jimin feel about this girl with complete criteria just like his ideal type. Then both of them realized that the concept of ideal type is actually flexible in real life.

Tired of walking around without any destination, Yuri chose a coffee shop with mini library to relax while waiting for Jimin to show up. She also sent a text to him and got no reply until the next 15 minutes. He usually replies back in no time, as if his phone got stuck in his hand. She tried to call him too, but still got no answer.
Her lips pouted. She put her phone back to the beige satchel bag she was carrying while sighing in annoyance. It had been 30 minutes since she tried to read a random novel book she picked, yet she couldn't concentrate because her best friend was somewhere she didn't know. Probably he was still teaching in his dancing class at one of his studios (he had like maybe 5 studios in Seoul). Or maybe he was already on his way to Insa-dong. Or maybe Taehyung, Jimin's bestfriend too, kidnapped him.


After finally succeeding reading 3 pages of that novel titled Behold the Dreamers, her single-lid big eyes caught this figure that she had no doubt who he was. Yuri immediately got up from her seat to approach him.

A friendly slap on the shoulder just landed on this guy with all black outfit. "Ya! Where have you been? I've been waiting-" she stopped as he turned his head to her surprise. How on earth?! He is not Jimin, but looks like Jimin. A lot.

"Oh. My. Gosh," Yuri gasped. "I am very sorry. I'm really sorry. You look like my friend. I'm sorry." She panicked and bowed to him several times.

This Jimin looking like guy flashed a smile. A smile that even reminded her of Jimin too. One thing that caught her attention instantly was his lips. Thicker than Jimin's, but as plump as Jimin's. Even more luscious. "It's okay. I get that a lot."

Yuri bowed again, still apologizing before she decided to set off from that cafe. She rushed walking out, abruptly took her phone out of her bag and searched for Jimin's contact. Jimin would need his ears all open for the rants coming out of Yuri's mouth.



3 weeks had passed and Jimin invited Yuri to come to his house, celebrating his 5th year as a dance teacher and senior coreographer. Of course she said yes. She even prepared a customized speaker shaped like a dancing silhouette as a gift.
Yuri was welcomed by Taehyung when she arrived at Jimin's house. There were not many guests, probably around 10 people in total. Yuri went straight to the kitchen where Taehyung said Jimin was in.

"Ji~min~ah~" Stomping towards the kitchen, she sang as she put both her hands on the guy's shoulder with intention to surprise him. And like deja vu, Yuri had to find herself beyond shocked when she realized it was not Jimin again. It was the guy from the cafe before.

Jimin innocently appeared behind her and greeted his best friend who was still in shocked state. "Hi, but I'm Jimin?" Then he just got a smack from Yuri. Yuri was so close to death from being embarrassed. She could feel her face was burning red everytime Jimin brought up about how she mistook this particular person for him. Two times. And the was the truth that he was Jimin's friend as well.

"Anyway, Yuri, this is my friend. His name is Ha Sungwoon." Jimin stood up between this Sungwoon guy and Yuri, resting his hands on both Sungwoon's and Yuri's shoulder. "Sungwoon, this is Im Yuri, my friend since elementary school."

"Hello," Yuri greeted, bowing 90 degree to Sungwoon. "I'm terribly sorry for mistaking you again." The natural reddish blush on her face still hadn't faded away. Who knows such a thing could happen.

"Hi. It's fine." Sungwoon let out a little chuckle. "I hope we could meet often in the future. It might help you to tell which is Jimin and which is Sungwoon."

Yuri was still lost at words. She was too shy after what happened. Meanwhile Jimin only laughed it off, giving his friends some loving pats on the shoulder and said, "So, all is good, right? Get along, you two."



Ever since then, Yuri was being more cautious every time she saw someone who looks like Jimin. Especially when she was about to meet him. Besides, she felt like she bumped into Sungwoon quite often these days. Her natural reaction was to run away before Sungwoon noticed her. But having Jimin as mutual friends eventually would make them meet again.
Like today. Yuri was dragged out of her apartment by Jimin this morning. He said to accompany him, being his plus one at an acquaintance's wedding, where Sungwoon would be there to sing for the bride. Yuri, again, lost at words. She even got stoned for a moment that Jimin had to 'help' her to choose the dress to wear and pick out some make up stuff with shades that matches the dress. Yuri must say he does have a good taste. When she came out from the bathroom she already found a knee-length, peach colored, sleeveless dress on her bed, along with flower shaped necklace and simple earrings.

"You owe me one," Yuri said as she tied her hair into a bun. Jimin chuckled.

They just arrived at the venue and Sungwoon was already standing by the entrance of the hall. He waved at Yuri and Jimin with a wide smile on his face. Yuri could feel her cheeks heating up and she started to rant in her mind about why she agreed on accompanying Jimin.

"Yuri, hi~" Sungwoon cheerfully greeted her.

Yuri awkwardly smiled back and bowed to him. She hurriedly followed Jimin to find their seats after Sungwoon excused himself to prepare his stage.

"Let's bet, you're gonna fall for Sungwoon right after you hear him singing," Jimin whispered in her ear when all the guests were in awe appreciating the moment of the groom kissing the bride.

Yuri only gave him a piercing gaze in annoyance. But Jimin was right. Her ears were spoiled by the sweet and emotional voice of Sungwoon who sang whole-heartedly. That made her can't stop looking at him. And of course Jimin caught her.

"You owe me one?" He grinned mischievously.

"No, I don't," she quickly denied.

After singing 3 songs, Sungwoon joined them outside the hall. Yuri spent most of her time in silence being out of the loop meanwhile the 2 boys were chattering excitedly. Until one of them finally left for a drink. And the other one was left in an awkward silence with Yuri.

"So, Yuri, you've been friends with Jimin for a pretty long time, yeah?" Sungwoon started the conversation.

"Well, yeah, I guess so."

Another awkward silence.

Sungwoon's eyes started to wander around. Jimin also didn't seem to be coming back any sooner. "Do I look like Jimin that much?" He finally brought this up again.

Yuri covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.  "Yes, you do," she answered as she fanned herself using her hand. "But now that I see you both at the same time, I guess, not really?"

Sungwoon's smile got wider. "Yeah?"

"Jimin has this cute and innocent look. And you are... more manly, I guess?" Yuri couldn't believe herself she just said that. She let out an awkward giggle.

Sungwoon blushed instantly and also let out an awkward laugh. "Anyway, is it okay if I ask you out some time?"

"Eh?" Yuri couldn't believe her ears.

Sungwoon bent down his head, groggily scratching the back of his head. "Ah, it's just.. I'm wondering if it's okay if I ask you out some time."

Yuri gulped. Her lips was pursed. She slowly nodded and said, "Yeah, sure."

Hopefully the peach shade on her cheeks was able to disguise her real blushing.



Jimin had been teasing Yuri all night long until the following day once he knew Sungwoon asked her to watch a concert. Jimin got himself very excited that he wanted to devote himself as a stylist for both Yuri and Sungwoon. Yuri herself almost blocked Jimin from her contact because he was being too noisy.

This time Yuri refused Jimin's offering to help her styled up. She decided to keep it simple and comfortable: black shirt, broken white cropped pants, and 3cm heeled black suede shoes. Surprisingly Sungwoon wore matching outfit like hers. This successfully made her blushed.

Thanks to Sungwoon's extra ordinary choice of concert - acapella group concert - Yuri really enjoyed every single second that she finally could relax and be her true self around Sungwoon. He was glad he bought one extra ticket when he ordered it long time ago, and not giving it to Jimin.

"The concert was super great. Thank you," Yuri happily told him.

"Oh, no, I thank you." Sungwoon beamed. "Let's have dinner?"

Yuri nodded and followed him from behind. It seemed now he didn't look like Jimin that much. Except his height. Both of them had this tiny giant concept. And Yuri found it cute that her lips curved into a slight smile without her realizing it.

"Ah, I'm hungry.." Yuri talked to the menu book as her eyes got busy scanning all the menu and her hands kept on turning the pages.

Sitting before her, Sungwoon's eyes were locked on Yuri's face instead of the menu book he was holding tightly. How he admired her that probably his eyes were able to shoot little hearts.
"Hey, I've been wondering," Sungwoon suddenly talked. Yuri turned her head up at him. "Are you... and Jimin, perhaps..."

"Oh my gosh, no." She quickly cut him as if she knew what he is going to say. "I've been with him for a quite long time, and maybe I know him better than I know myself. But, no, we don't have that kind of relationship."

Sungwoon's mouth shaped an O while nodding. A grin grew on his lips. They came back to their menu and ordered the food.

"Can I be honest with you?" He groggily asked, and got a nod from Yuri. "Actually I've been wanting to get to know you since... well, since Jimin showed me your photos."

Yuri squinted her eyes, not so sure what he meant by that.

"He brags about you a lot," Sungwoon continued. "That's why I asked you, if there's something going on between you guys."

How unexpectedly nice of Jimin, she thought. Who would have thought he would do that.

And to meet Jimin's doppelganger like this, it was not a bad thing after all. Maybe she did owe her best friend one.

Yuri cleared . Now she was getting nervous. "Well, I had no idea Jimin ever did that. I thought I'm gonna be single forever because he always acts like my guardian." Yuri let out a sigh while rolling her eyes. "A little bit too much," she added.

"So... that's why I'd like to promote myself to be your guardian. Your supporter. Maybe, your personal entertainer, singer, dancer, even comedian." Sungwoon wore his smile as he talked firmly, pretty persuasive actually, and with his modest amount of confidence. "Basically be your partner. 24 hours per day. 7 days per week."

Yuri could feel her jaw almost dropped if she didn't have her hands to support her chin. She used her fingers to cover half of her face, at least her blushing cheeks.

"How's my offering?" He pierced his eyes into hers. "I get to know you better, and you get an extra guard who can entertain you and will be there for you when needed."

Yuri got speechless. How she hated Jimin for being right. "Well.. how do I say this..."

Sungwoon chuckled. "Okay, I'll make it short." Sungwoon cleared his throat before continuing. "I, Ha Sungwoon, am asking you, Im Yuri, to walk the path ahead, hopefully a beautiful and flowery path, by my side and have a journey with me. I will take care of you, guard you, and always try to make you happy. So, may I have your answer, yes or no?"

Still covering half of her face, from the nose down, Yuri secretly smiled. Her heart raced due to happiness.